How to play games larger than 4gb from USB key?

Windsall

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hi. So I started playing a few games from a usb key and it's been running good so far,
but now there's one game I want to run that is just too large to mount with multiman, including in jb folder format.

I tried to see if I could maybe split the large files, but I wasn't able to mount it (play from usb) that way.
What's a way to play large game from usb keys?

Windsall

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Didn't have issues and the USB read/played faster than the outdated FAT32 format.

Thx for the info and suggestion, I'm going to format it today and test out.
I wonder if webman is good too? Seems like it's similar in some ways. I guess I could put both and try.

Reactions: Marc_LFD

Marc_LFD

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thx for the info and suggestion, I'm going to format it today and test out.
I wonder if webman is good too? Seems like it's similar in some ways. I guess I could put both and try.
It is though it feels somewhat dated compared to newer solutions.

Webman is nostalgic and love using for it.

Windsall

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
@Marc_LFD

I have one more question, though can be anyone,

What format is best with irisman/webman? I was using JB folder, because iso format was hard to find. And I doubt pkg works well?

Marc_LFD

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@Marc_LFD

I have one more question, though can be anyone,

What format is best with irisman/webman? I was using JB folder, because iso format was hard to find. And I doubt pkg works well?
JB Folders I typically just move them to the internal HDD.

PKGs you install them and then delete the PKG itself or whatever.

ISO is also an option although most games are in folders so you'd have to convert it to ISO.

Windsall

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
JB Folders I typically just move them to the internal HDD.

PKGs you install them and then delete the PKG itself or whatever.

ISO is also an option although most games are in folders so you'd have to convert it to ISO.

What type would you play from an external drive, usb.

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
unfortunately, splitting the big files really doesn't do anything as the files are copied to the internal hdd in a cache, so basically, it doesn't really save you space.

Windsall

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
unfortunately, splitting the big files really doesn't do anything as the files are copied to the internal hdd in a cache, so basically, it doesn't really save you space.
It was just to try to get it to run. I was using multiman with fat32 usb key to mount the games. It just didn't work for jb folders to split files in them. It works for installing onto the internal drive though.

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
just use ntfs or put them on the internal hdd in the appropriate place. I don't know anything about ntfs though, so I can't help with that. I personally don't even have an external hdd plugged into my ps3. there's just not enough games I'd be interested in to go bigger.

Windsall

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
just use ntfs or put them on the internal hdd in the appropriate place. I don't know anything about ntfs though, so I can't help with that. I personally don't even have an external hdd plugged into my ps3. there's just not enough games I'd be interested in to go bigger.
I only have 60 gigs harddrive, it's an older model with the ps2 hardware. I'm close to testing ntfs, I formated and transfering over the files now.
Post automatically merged:

I didn't install irisman before formatting to ntfs and now multiman can't detect anything, even when i use the option for ntfs.
I'm tyring to download them off the browser there but it just does nothing when i click on the download for irisman.

Edit: I managed with an fps server

@Marc_LFD

Both Webman and Irisman don't detect the games. I can browse the usb in file manager but it only shows the games from the internal hard drive. I looked at all the options and I can't figure out how to make it work with the games on the usb.

I managed to make it work but only by converting to ISO, the JB folder format doesn't get detected.

Last edited by Windsall,
Reactions: godreborn

fringle

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
If you have a wired pc to your network with lots of storage and your ps3 is also wired to the network, I'd recommend you look into ps3netsrv. No need to copy ps3 or ps1 games as you can play them when they are remotely stored on your pc or a nas. Only ps2 games will need to be copied to the internal or usb drive to play. It works great with webman mod.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @K3Nv2 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9yWIobzBdKc