Valve shares Steam Deck launch day details; expects Dock to be available in late Spring

steam deck.png

With the Steam Deck's release on Friday 25th, Valve has posted a new update for those waiting to get their hands on the handheld gaming PC. "Starting at 10am Pacific, we'll be sending emails out to the first batch of reservation holders via the address tied to their Steam account," reads the post. "Those folks will then have 72 hours to complete their purchase on Steam for the specific model they reserved. If they cancel or do not purchase in this time frame, we'll release their reservation to the next person in the queue."

Valve also notes that reviews from media outlets that received a review unit will go live around 10am Pacific too.

The post also provides an update on the Dock for Steam Deck, writing that it "won't be happening as early as we wanted". However, the company plans to make them available sometime in late spring.

:arrow: SOURCE

Alexander1970

XP not matters.
Trophies
XP
Country
Austria
Yeah,I want this Thing,it looks really cool,has really awesome Hardware and.....

- no Assassins Creed games verified ("should" run, BUT...)
- no Far Cry games verified ("should" run, BUT...)
- no Tomb Raider games verified ("should" run, BUT...)
- no SKYRIM game verified ("should" run, BUT...)
- no Wolfenstein games verified ("should" run, BUT...)

No,thank you,not for me.....maybe later in the Afternoon.....

tech3475

Trophies
XP
Country
Yeah,I want this Thing,it looks really cool,has really awesome Hardware and.....

- no Assassins Creed games verified ("should" run, BUT...)
- no Far Cry games verified ("should" run, BUT...)
- no Tomb Raider games verified ("should" run, BUT...)
- no SKYRIM game verified ("should" run, BUT...)
- no Wolfenstein games verified ("should" run, BUT...)

No,thank you,not for me.....maybe later in the Afternoon.....

Have a look on ProtonDB, some people are listing things to get games running such as specific versions of Proton, messing around with game files, etc. as well as listing specific issues.

In some cases it’s a mixed bag such as some being ‘no problem’ whilst others have minor tp ga,e breaking.

Obviously these aren’t specific to the Steam Deck, but it might give a better idea of what to expect.

Personally, I’m hoping the Windows drivers are decent enough.

Alexander1970

XP not matters.
Trophies
XP
Country
Austria
Have a look on ProtonDB, some people are listing things to get games running such as specific versions of Proton, messing around with game files, etc. as well as listing specific issues.

In some cases it’s a mixed bag such as some being ‘no problem’ whilst others have minor tp ga,e breaking.

Obviously these aren’t specific to the Steam Deck, but it might give a better idea of what to expect.

Personally, I’m hoping the Windows drivers are decent enough.
Maybe in or after the Summer...🤣

Ohne Titel-1.jpg

Order probably possible: After the 2nd quarter of 2022

😊👌

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=_NTF5_qgH0o