Valve shares Steam Deck launch day details; expects Dock to be available in late Spring

steam deck.png

With the Steam Deck's release on Friday 25th, Valve has posted a new update for those waiting to get their hands on the handheld gaming PC. "Starting at 10am Pacific, we'll be sending emails out to the first batch of reservation holders via the address tied to their Steam account," reads the post. "Those folks will then have 72 hours to complete their purchase on Steam for the specific model they reserved. If they cancel or do not purchase in this time frame, we'll release their reservation to the next person in the queue."

Valve also notes that reviews from media outlets that received a review unit will go live around 10am Pacific too.

The post also provides an update on the Dock for Steam Deck, writing that it "won't be happening as early as we wanted". However, the company plans to make them available sometime in late spring.

:arrow: SOURCE

CoolMe

"Who am i, what am i?"
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Will the dock have any special/additional hardware inside, so games can look good with TVs/monitors and with slightly high res? I hope it'll not be like the Switch dock..

PewnyPL

Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Will the dock have any special/additional hardware inside, so games can look good with TVs/monitors and with slightly high res? I hope it'll not be like the Switch dock..
No, the dock will just basically be a USB-C hub with Display Port output and such, it will not have any additional processing power.

Kioku

猫。子猫です!
Trophies
Website
www.twitch.tv
XP
Country
United States
Imagine if Steam puts out a dock with an RTX 3060 built in. Wonder how well that'll work out in Linux.

diggeloid

Alex
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think now would be a good time to double check that my Steam account password is secure and 2FA is activated. Wouldn't surprise me if scalpers have been buying up compromised Steam accounts to try and score more units.

tpax

Trophies
XP
Country
Ukraine
19:00 Berlin time. I'll be there.

What I wonder, during that 72h time frame, does it matter when you complete your purchase? Or will they wait until 72h are over and then ship everything in one batch?

onibaku

Lurker
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
19:00 Berlin time. I'll be there.

What I wonder, during that 72h time frame, does it matter when you complete your purchase? Or will they wait until 72h are over and then ship everything in one batch?

I think all orders would be shipped at the same time, i remember reading that for the first wave you have 72 hours and that they'd ship it on 28th

Joeynator3000

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
...I thought we had like, a month or something to buy the thing...ugh, I hope I have enough money whenever mine is ready. >.>

Taleweaver

Storywriter
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
...I thought we had like, a month or something to buy the thing...ugh, I hope I have enough money whenever mine is ready. >.>
I'm fairly sure this deadline isn't going to last. Once all the initial preorders have gone through and presuming there's still units, you can just order it when you want.

It's hard to guess when that'll be, though. But for the moment, it's kind of unfair to the others waiting in line to just have valve have others waiting while some take up to a month to decide whether or not they want to buy something.

Reactions: BrandonSWITCH

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Nice nice-