V2 Switch. Black screen after Launching from Hekate.

Modzvilleusa

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
Greetings,
I'm trying to troubleshoot a botched v2 install at the moment. There was no noticeable damage.
Installed a core flashed with hwfly-nx 0.7.2. emmc is samsung.
Trained and booted to hekateipl screen no problem. Pressed vol+ and vol-
Black screen.
Launching cfw sys or stock from hekate results in the same thing, no errors just launches to a black screen.
Dumped emmc, keys, boot0 boot1 no errors.
I attempted a system restore using this method

No change.
I have a replacement emmc ordered. I figure it has to be some sort of emmc issue since hekate works totally fine.
No issues detecting or benchmarking emmc in hekate
Has anyone ever seen anything like this?
Any insight would be appreciated, I'm stumped on this one.

JenAtkinson

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Austria
Based on the information provided, it's possible that the issue could be related to the installation of the v2 or a problem with the emmc. It's good to hear that hekate works fine and the emmc is detected without any issues, but it's worth checking if the emmc is fully functional.

One possibility could be that the emmc is corrupted, resulting in a black screen when launching cfw sys or stock from hekate. If the replacement emmc arrives, it's worth trying to install it and see if it resolves the issue.

Another thing to consider is that the installation of the v2 could have caused some unforeseen issue that is not immediately apparent. Checking for any loose connections or inspecting the installation process may help identify the root cause of the issue.

Lastly, reaching out to the manufacturer or support forums could provide additional insight and help resolve the issue. They may have encountered similar issues or have more experience in troubleshooting the v2 installation process.

Danook28

Trophies
XP
Country
Oman
There are person fix this problem by replace power ic max77621and he finally fix it. And one person change mmc chip nand and also fix it.coz your console try to boot mmc field. ((erorr during lzma decompression...!!!!))

Attachments

• -208657398482382229.jpg
    -208657398482382229.jpg
    577 KB · Views: 65
  • -1396576434-1690268612.jpg
    -1396576434-1690268612.jpg
    353.3 KB · Views: 66
Last edited by Danook28,

ypeeLs

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Did you ever find a solution to this? You're the second person I've found so far with this problem and its always HWFly, only difference is I CAN boot Stock from hekate but I cant reboot > ofw

Modzvilleusa

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
Did you ever find a solution to this? You're the second person I've found so far with this problem and its always HWFly, only difference is I CAN boot Stock from hekate but I cant reboot > ofw
Sorry for leaving you guys hanging here. Totally thought I responded.
It was a goober oversight on my part. I got pigeon holed into thinking it was a software issue.
Eventually I removed the cpu flex and realized that multiple caps between sp1 and sp2 were bridged / shorted out.
Since it was out of the range of anywhere that needs to be soldered to I managed to overlook it.
Still don't know how or why the person bridged those caps. Since it was booting hekate it didn't dawn on me to check for shorts way out in lalala land.

TLDR - check for random shorts on the APU caps

VenCraft

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Uruguay
Sorry for leaving you guys hanging here. Totally thought I responded.
It was a goober oversight on my part. I got pigeon holed into thinking it was a software issue.
Eventually I removed the cpu flex and realized that multiple caps between sp1 and sp2 were bridged / shorted out.
Since it was out of the range of anywhere that needs to be soldered to I managed to overlook it.
Still don't know how or why the person bridged those caps. Since it was booting hekate it didn't dawn on me to check for shorts way out in lalala land.

TLDR - check for random shorts on the APU caps
your solution saved my day. Thank you very much for sharing!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    you go bro
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    i know, i know, i'm late
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    @BigOnYa, I'll rip a bag off my Volcano to that, brother
    +2
  • a_username_that_is_cool @ a_username_that_is_cool:
    DDDS . Dual Developer Dedede System :)
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    also happy birthday @Xdqwerty
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Is it me you're looking for?
  • MysticStarlight @ MysticStarlight:
    'Cause I wonder where you are
    wait I got the lyrics mixed up
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    And I wonder what you do...Lol
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Its all good, I'm here to talk to you.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Hello
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I've been playing fallout4 all day, I went into a elevator and it kept going, never stopped, waited 5 minutes, must of been a bug. How bout you, whatcha do today?
    +1
    I'm wondering why a stray tuxedo cat has a cloudy eye
    I've been playing TOTK all day also
    +1
    Oh you reminded me of those elevator nightmares
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Awesome game, fun how they force you to build, but you can build as you want
    It is super fun, I actually prefer it over BoTW
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    The guy holding the sign always cracked me up, esp when you fail, and it falls
    Ah yes, that guy lol. I still need to find all his signs. The game has a lot to do though so I don't know what to finish first
    I'm 120 hours in and am still like 44.4% done
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Good times. Building is starting to get good around now for you. You making me want to make run thru again.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Ok good chatting, enjoy your gaming, and avoid the lightning, or put your sword away. Good night.
    Veho @ Veho: https://i.imgur.com/E1U7Nlt.mp4 +1