uwizard makes loadiine files out of uwud files. how do I get my old original wii games to work?

Discussion in 'Wii U - Hacking & Backup Loaders' started by namad, Mar 25, 2016.

1. namad
    OP

namad Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Sep 1, 2015
    United States
    uwizard makes loadiine files out of uwud files. how do I get my old original wii games to work?

old wii games aren't in the uwud format? so how do I get these working? I cannot transfer my files from my wii to my wiiu because that would require updating the firmware on my wiiu which I don't want to do...

so is there anyway to run wii games off my sdcard using loadiine? is there a different converter program to get them in the right format? I tried searching but I couldn't find a definitive answer to this question.

2. LWares87

LWares87 GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Oct 19, 2008
    you need to run a supported exploit on vWii (in a some way, it's similar to how you would do it on the actual Wii console).

Then use a USB/SD Backup Loader (such as USB Loader GX or Wiiflow) either via the Homebrew Channel or a installed forwarder.

Last edited by LWares87, Mar 25, 2016
    KiiWii likes this.
  3. Voxel

Voxel u wot

GBAtemp Patron
    Voxel is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Jun 27, 2015
    United Kingdom
    England, UK
    no, vWii mode is dedicated to running Wii games, not Loadiine. Also, WUD files are WiiU-exclusive anyway. Wii games are either just in ISO format or WBFS format, and are played in vWii using USB Loader GX or some sort.

KiiWii likes this.
  4. namad
    OP

namad Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Sep 1, 2015
    United States
    I see so the backwards compatibility means I need original wii exploits for this issue not wiiu exploits... once I enter virtual wii mode I've basically turned my wiiu into a wii? that makes sense I guess I'll go research in their subforum for usb loaders.

5. LWares87

LWares87 GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Oct 19, 2008
    To answer any queries about modifying the vWii in order to run backups and homebrew, please refer to this FAQ.

Do this at your own risk... as if something goes wrong, there'll be no turning back and you'll have to send your console to Nintendo for repair.

Last edited by LWares87, Mar 25, 2016
  6. Voxel

Voxel u wot

GBAtemp Patron
    Voxel is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Jun 27, 2015
    United Kingdom
    England, UK
    Just take note that Letterbomb doesn't work in vWii mode. You have to properly buy an exploit game such as Lego Batman or Lego Indiana Jones to be able to pull off vWii mode exploits.

7. Kafluke

Kafluke GBAtemp Psycho!

May 6, 2006
    United States
    You can convert wii isos to wbfs files. That and isos is what USB loader gx will see. Use bathax or another save hax to install homebrew channel in vwii mode. Lots of "softmod" guides for that. You can always transfer files to the SD card by just putting it in you're laptop sd card reader. You don't need to exploit the wiiu to do anything with vwii (virtual wii) hacking.

8. peteruk

peteruk GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Jun 26, 2015
    Apologies for resurrecting an old thread, I have done a lot of reading and can't find my answer

I note this thread is from March so 2 months on I was wondering if it is now possible to convert an iso from the original Wii to run with Loadiine ??

Thanks in advance

9. KiiWii

KiiWii GBAtemp Psycho!

Nov 17, 2008
    United Kingdom
    Nope.

At least possibly not until VC: Wii games get figured out.

peteruk likes this.
  10. peteruk

peteruk GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Jun 26, 2015
    appreciate the speedy response, thanks

KiiWii likes this.