• Likes 48

Usercool

Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Hello everyone,

I've run into the following problem:

Whenever I pick a game/ISO to load in USBloader, it show the title screen but when I click start - the system screens turns black for a few seconds and boots me back to the homebrew screen.

Anyone who has had the same problem and found a solution?

Reactions: koumal8

jeannotte

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Hello everyone,

I've run into the following problem:

Whenever I pick a game/ISO to load in USBloader, it show the title screen but when I click start - the system screens turns black for a few seconds and boots me back to the homebrew screen.

Anyone who has had the same problem and found a solution?

Hello

What USB support do you have (USB key, external hard drive)?

Avoid USB keys ==> often black screen or does not work at all.

Prefer an external hard drive (fat 32 recommend) and everything will be fine.

Is your hack up to date (usb loader gx version 1272, CIOS, your IOS) ??

If you are not sure of your hack, you can post a syscheck report for control, by following this guide ==>https://gbatemp.net/threads/posting-a-system-check.300279/

Last edited by jeannotte,

Vertigo456

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Hi everyone,

I have a sandisk 16 gb usb 2.0 flash drive formatted with FAT32 that I am tried to use to install games on. However, the bar always stopped moving, usually in the 10 to 20% range. Per blackb0x, I changed the loader ISO to 249. That allowed the box to fill and then say success, but nothing showed up as a game. I tried this with several games, then tried a few different games with CleanRip. This would also say it was a success but no game would show up in USB Loader GX. So I tried reformating the drive as NTFS. Both USB Loader GX and Clean rip complete and show success, but I never see the game.

What do I do?

Alexander1970

XP not matters.
Trophies
XP
Country
Austria
Hi everyone,

I have a sandisk 16 gb usb 2.0 flash drive formatted with FAT32 that I am tried to use to install games on. However, the bar always stopped moving, usually in the 10 to 20% range. Per blackb0x, I changed the loader ISO to 249. That allowed the box to fill and then say success, but nothing showed up as a game. I tried this with several games, then tried a few different games with CleanRip. This would also say it was a success but no game would show up in USB Loader GX. So I tried reformating the drive as NTFS. Both USB Loader GX and Clean rip complete and show success, but I never see the game.

What do I do?

Hello.:)

Please check the "Loader Mode "Setting on the Top of the Main Menu:

P1360404.JPG P1360405.JPG

Wi Games and GC Games should be checked.

Thank you.:)

Usercool

Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Hello

What USB support do you have (USB key, external hard drive)?

Avoid USB keys ==> often black screen or does not work at all.

Prefer an external hard drive (fat 32 recommend) and everything will be fine.

Is your hack up to date (usb loader gx version 1272, CIOS, your IOS) ??

Thanks for the input!
I was originally using a 32gb USB key formatted to FAT32/32bit.

The problem here was that once the games needed to create a save file on the USB, the game would lock up and boot me back to the menu.
I've now formatted an old 250GB externally powered HD and connected it to the Wii.
Now everything runs flawlessly!

Boden

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey everyone (again),

I'm back with another USB Loader GX problem :( So I finally started using a USB SSD (128GB Kingston) and I reinstalled all of my IOSes to make sure I had a clean install, and most of my games (except Just Dance 2015 & 2016) boot. However, Super Mario Galaxy 2, Just Dance 2017, and Just Dance 2018 all freeze at various locations with a buzzing sound. When this happens, the Wii Remotes disconnect and I have to hold the power button to restart the Wii. My SysCheck is here (https://pastebin.com/KQTkWhtK)

Thanks in advance!

Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
Hi guys, sorry for my English first, I'm using translator. I am testing the USB Loader GX, its latest version and I have a problem.

The games of Nintendont (gamecube) do not work the remote control, neither the wiimote nor the classic controller. This occurs if autoboot is activated.

Something that I discovered is that in the menu the option "Loader Settings / Nintendont / Auto Boot: OFF", when I start the game on USB Loader GX, we go to the Nintendont menu to choose the game again, and there the controls WORK PERFECTLY (?

On the other hand, if the AutoBoot option is "ON", it will open the game directly, without going to the Nintendont menu, but that is where the problem of controls that do not work is.

Is there any way to configure it to combine both options, that is to say that the controls walk but that it is not necessary to go to the Nintendont menu to choose the game again?

Thanks!

Alexander1970

XP not matters.
Trophies
XP
Country
Austria
Hey everyone (again),

I'm back with another USB Loader GX problem :( So I finally started using a USB SSD (128GB Kingston) and I reinstalled all of my IOSes to make sure I had a clean install, and most of my games (except Just Dance 2015 & 2016) boot. However, Super Mario Galaxy 2, Just Dance 2017, and Just Dance 2018 all freeze at various locations with a buzzing sound. When this happens, the Wii Remotes disconnect and I have to hold the power button to restart the Wii. My SysCheck is here (https://pastebin.com/KQTkWhtK)

Thanks in advance!

Please try disabling the EmuNAND Save Option for this Games.
You will find it in the Game Settings of each Game -> Nand Emulation - to OFF

P1360368.JPG

If that not helps for all Games you maybe can try to disable (Step by Step and try it after each Change please) these In Game Patches:

P1360141.JPG

Good Luck.

Boden

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Please try disabling the EmuNAND Save Option for this Games.
You will find it in the Game Settings of each Game -> Nand Emulation - to OFF

View attachment 198105

If that not helps for all Games you maybe can try to disable (Step by Step and try it after each Change please) these In Game Patches:

View attachment 198106

Good Luck.
Thanks for the reply, however thad didn't solve the freezing and those games still don't boot :(

Oak

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
1. Put uneoboot.dol and this WAD file on your SD card
2. With something like YAWMM install the WAD file
3. From Priiloader install uneoboot.dol and then go to settings and set autoboot to "installed file" and return to "autoboot"
Or just update to the BETA version of Priiloader and install usb loader gx to aoutoboot from prii loader and it should now detect usb.

koumal8

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello, I've followed the wii.guide tutorials and modded my wii, I've reached the point where I've installed USB Loader GX but I can't get it to detect the wii games I have on my usb 3.0 SSD. When I go into the menu to show them, I am faced with the error "
Usb device not initialized. Switching to channel menu mode". I have no idea how to solve it, could someone help me?

Switching USB port doesn't work, the drive is formatted in FAT32, the wii games follow the correct file structure of WBFS/game_name [GAME_ID]/[GAME_ID].iso. What should I do?

Reactions: Alexander1970

Alexander1970

XP not matters.
Trophies
XP
Country
Austria
Hello, I've followed the wii.guide tutorials and modded my wii, I've reached the point where I've installed USB Loader GX but I can't get it to detect the wii games I have on my usb 3.0 SSD. When I go into the menu to show them, I am faced with the error "
Usb device not initialized. Switching to channel menu mode". I have no idea how to solve it, could someone help me?

Switching USB port doesn't work, the drive is formatted in FAT32, the wii games follow the correct file structure of WBFS/game_name [GAME_ID]/[GAME_ID].iso. What should I do?

Is your HDD initialized/recognized als MBR Drive pleose ?
img_56e628d28bd5b.png.pagespeed.ce.QTfQCBsn-5.png img_56e6297886fee.png.pagespeed.ce.OAzLplkJBg.png

Is your HDD partitioned in one "Piece" or are there more Partitions on it ?
And formatted wiht FAT32 please ?

Please always use Port 0:
728px-Wii-USB-port.jpg

Are you using the latest Version of hte USBLoader GX (v3.0 r1272)

Please check first of your Drive is intialized in the USBLoader GX:

Settings - Hard Drive Settings - Game/Install Partition
Maybe you can try "Sync FAT32 FS Info too.

If that Points not help,maybe a "Tip":

Your Controller from the Case and/or your HDD is maybe too "slow" to finish the Initialization before the USBLoader GX is loading the Cache/List.
please try to

- Turn on the HDD first (I hope it has a Power Supply and an Power Switch too.)
- Wait a little pleae and the tunr your Wii on.
- It maybe also helps,if your Wii is not directly boot into USBLoader GX,instead the Wii Menu first.It "maybe gives"the HDD additional time to "Boot up".

I hope,some Things helps you.

Thank you and
Good luck.:)

koumal8

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

View attachment 198440 View attachment 198441

View attachment 198442

Your Controller from the Case and/or your HDD is maybe too "slow" to finish the Initialization before the USBLoader GX is loading the Cache/List.
please try to

- It maybe also helps,if your Wii is not directly boot into USBLoader GX,instead the Wii Menu first.It "maybe gives"the HDD additional time to "Boot up".

Thank you and

Hey, thanks a lot! I think the problem was that it wasn't initialized as MBR Drive, because I re-formatted the disk (it was already FAT32) and now I can see the games!

...Except they don't work... When I click on one i'm sent back to the homebrew channel main menu, so if could help me out with that it would be wonderful. But still, major thanks for the MBR Drive tip to you, I was bashing my head against this error for a while now!

Alexander1970

XP not matters.
Trophies
XP
Country
Austria
Hey, thanks a lot! I think the problem was that it wasn't initialized as MBR Drive, because I re-formatted the disk (it was already FAT32) and now I can see the games!

...Except they don't work... When I click on one i'm sent back to the homebrew channel main menu, so if could help me out with that it would be wonderful. But still, major thanks for the MBR Drive tip to you, I was bashing my head against this error for a while now!

Thank you.Nice to hear you are on Step further.:)

I am pretty sure you already use the correct Port 0 for your HDD:
728px-Wii-USB-port.jpg

And you have used the WiiBackup Manager for the Game Transfers.

For your Game Issue,please check the following USBLoader GX Settings:

- Settings - Loader Settings - Loader´s IOS -> if it is set to 58 try 249 instead or vice versa please.
- If you are using PAL Games you maybe have to change the Video Mode in the Ingame Settings

Please check your cIOS 249 and 250.
You can use for Example the sysCheck Tool for this:
https://gbatemp.net/threads/posting-a-system-check.300279/

Your cIOSes should look like this (recommended)

IOS249[57] (rev 21, Info: d2x-v10beta52): Trucha Bug, NAND Access, USB 2.0
IOS250[56] (rev 21, Info: d2x-v10beta52): Trucha Bug, NAND Access, USB 2.0

or this (also ok)

IOS249[56] (rev 21, Info: d2x-v10beta52): Trucha Bug, NAND Access, USB 2.0
IOS250[57] (rev 21, Info: d2x-v10beta52): Trucha Bug, NAND Access, USB 2.0

Some Games uses other for Example 247 (for example Dr.Fizzwizzles Animal Rescue).
You can expand your cIOS Setup to 247 and/or 251 if you like.

Please check these Points.

Good luck.

koumal8

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

View attachment 198440 View attachment 198441

View attachment 198442

please try to

Thank you and

I tried both 58 and 249 for the Loader Setting to no effect. Changing the Video Mode to both ForcePAL50 and ForcePAL60 didn't work (I'm trying Mario Kart Wii eu version). The cIOSes in my sysCheck report match the first two you posted. I feel a bit stuck (also yes, I am using the bottom usb port, the top one isn't detected by USB Loader GX)

Reactions: Alexander1970

Alexander1970

XP not matters.
Trophies
XP
Country
Austria
I tried both 58 and 249 for the Loader Setting to no effect. Changing the Video Mode to both ForcePAL50 and ForcePAL60 didn't work (I'm trying Mario Kart Wii eu version). The cIOSes in my sysCheck report match the first two you posted. I feel a bit stuck (also yes, I am using the bottom usb port, the top one isn't detected by USB Loader GX)

Please set your Loader´s IOS back to 58.
Did you please verified your Games/ISOs with WiiBackup Manager or an Tool like this:
http://esrg.sourceforge.net/utils_win_up/md5sum/

and compared it here
https://www.gametdb.com/Wii/RMCP01
(On the Bottom the the Page,Mario Kart Wii EU in this Case).

Mario Kart Wii works with Standard Settings.:(

Can you also please post a Picture of your USBLoader GX "Loader Settings" please ?

For Example:

P1360458.JPG
P1360459.JPG
P1360460.JPG

koumal8

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Please set your Loader´s IOS back to 58.
Did you please verified your Games/ISOs with WiiBackup Manager or an Tool like this:
http://esrg.sourceforge.net/utils_win_up/md5sum/

and compared it here
https://www.gametdb.com/Wii/RMCP01
(On the Bottom the the Page,Mario Kart Wii EU in this Case).

Mario Kart Wii works with Standard Settings.:(

Can you also please post a Picture of your USBLoader GX "Loader Settings" please ?

For Example:

View attachment 198475
View attachment 198476
View attachment 198477

Thanks a lot to you for dedicating a bit of your precious time to solving my issue! I solved it, I had an incorrect game ID

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    good night
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    as to you
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    How do you know if the night will be good when you're asleep
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    because i didn't say i was asleep
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    i said i was sleeping...
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    sleeping with uremum
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Even my mum slept on that uremum
  • TwoSpikedHands @ TwoSpikedHands:
    yall im torn... ive been hacking away at tales of phantasia GBA (the USA version) and have so many documents of reverse engineering i've done
    I just found out that the EU version is better in literally every way, better sound quality, better lighting, and there's even a patch someone made to make the text look nicer
    Do I restart now using what i've learned on the EU version since it's a better overall experience? or do I continue with the US version since that is what ive been using, and if someone decides to play my hack, it would most likely be that version?
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    @TwoSpikedHands, I'll preface this with the fact that I know nothing about the game, but, I think it depends on what your goals are. Are you trying to make a definitive version of the game? You may want to refocus your efforts on the EU version then. Or, are you trying to make a better US version? In which case, the only way to make a better US version is to keep on plugging away at that one ;)
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    I'm not familiar with the technicalities of the differences between the two versions, but I'm wondering if at least some of those differences are things that you could port over to the US version in your patch without having to include copyrighted assets from the EU version
    @Sicklyboy I am wanting to fully change the game and bend it to my will lol. I would like to eventually have the ability to add more characters, enemies, even have a completely different story if i wanted. I already have the ability to change the tilemaps in the US version, so I can basically make my own map and warp to it in game - so I'm pretty far into it!
    I really would like to make a hack that I would enjoy playing, and maybe other people would too. swapping to the EU version would also mean my US friends could not legally play it
    I am definitely considering porting over some of the EU features without using the actual ROM itself, tbh that would probably be the best way to go about it... but i'm sad that the voice acting is so.... not good on the US version. May not be a way around that though
    I appreciate the insight!
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    @TwoSpikedHands just switch, all the knowledge you learned still applies and most of the code and assets should be the same anyway
    and realistically they wouldn't

be able to play it legally anyway since they need a ROM and they probably don't have the means to dump it themselves
    why the shit does the shitbox randomly insert newlines in my messages
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It does that when I edit a post.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It inserts a newline in a random spot.
    never had that i don't think
  • Karma177 @ Karma177:
    do y'all think having an sd card that has a write speed of 700kb/s is a bad idea?
    trying to restore emunand rn but it's taking ages... (also when I finished the first time hekate decided to delete all my fucking files :wacko:)
    @Karma177 that sd card is 100% faulty so yes, its a bad idea
    even the slowest non-sdhc sd cards are a few MB/s
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: even the slowest non-sdhc sd cards are a few MB/s