• Views 7,179,195
  • Replies 29,366
  • Likes 48

Clutz450

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
How do I install the USB Loader GX Forwarder on my Wii U's vWii? I downloaded the Forwarder for the vWii in the first post and tried installing it with Multi Mod Manager v13.4 but I keep getting "Final Status - 1 did not complete." I am nervous to start randomly trying other things to get it to work since the vWii has no brick protection so I thought I'd wait for a response from the experts here. If it helps, my Wii U's vWii was softmodded using this guide (http://www.wiihacks.com/wii-u-guides-tutorials/107959-guide-virtual-wii-wii-mode-softmod-wii-u.html). Let me know if you need me to provide you with any additional information.

Acidflare

HomeBrew Beta Tester
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
How do I install the USB Loader GX Forwarder on my Wii U's vWii? I downloaded the Forwarder for the vWii in the first post and tried installing it with Multi Mod Manager v13.4 but I keep getting "Final Status - 1 did not complete." I am nervous to start randomly trying other things to get it to work since the vWii has no brick protection so I thought I'd wait for a response from the experts here. If it helps, my Wii U's vWii was softmodded using this guide (http://www.wiihacks.com/wii-u-guides-tutorials/107959-guide-virtual-wii-wii-mode-softmod-wii-u.html). Let me know if you need me to provide you with any additional information.

is IOS 249 Installed? is MMM running on IOS 249? if both of these are not yes you found the reason

Reactions: Clutz450

sonictopfan

Trophies
XP
Country
I've edited my xml for certain games like The Conduit 2, for example it's title in the xml is "Conduit 2" but the actual series title is "The Conduit" So Conduit 2 is an incorrect title so renaming to "The Conduit 2" works best it also places both the first game and it's sequel next to each other, which I find works out best in the long run
How do you edit the titles? I edited with Notepad+ and got gibberish text instead, there are a few games I'd like to change their names as they're incorrect such as Megaman X2 which apparent is entered as " Megaman X2" instead of "Megaman X2" making it appear at the very top rather than among the other Megaman titles.

Acidflare

HomeBrew Beta Tester
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I'd like to change their names as they're incorrect such as Megaman X2 which apparent is entered as " Megaman X2" instead of "Megaman X2"

I don't see what the difference is in your post or how you didn't think to add a "1" to Megaman X "Megaman X1" will place Megaman X before Megaman X2
I used Notepad++ to edit the xml file it has very good coding language detection and makes it really easy to read like an IDE does.

sonictopfan

Trophies
XP
Country
I don't see what the difference is in your post or how you didn't think to add a "1" to Megaman X "Megaman X1" will place Megaman X before Megaman X2
I used Notepad++ to edit the xml file it has very good coding language detection and makes it really easy to read like an IDE does.
The difference is a space before the title, making the loader list it at the very top when it should be in the middle among the other Megaman titles I have, and I have a lot.

Odd, Notpad++ didn't do it for me O.o

Acidflare

HomeBrew Beta Tester
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
The difference is a space before the title, making the loader list it at the very top when it should be in the middle among the other Megaman titles I have, and I have a lot.

Odd, Notpad++ didn't do it for me O.o

try adding some of the extra plugins, I know I added a bunch to my installation could have been the result of that. but I know you need to find the game name in every section of the xml sheet for it to change with any region title ID. Taking out the space does nothing? I would do a complete search through the XML sheet using the find function to search for Megaman X2 that's what I did for The Conduit 2

sonictopfan

Trophies
XP
Country
try adding some of the extra plugins, I know I added a bunch to my installation could have been the result of that. but I know you need to find the game name in every section of the xml sheet for it to change with any region title ID. Taking out the space does nothing? I would do a complete search through the XML sheet using the find function to search for Megaman X2 that's what I did for The Conduit 2
That did the trick, thanks!

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
is IOS 249 Installed? is MMM running on IOS 249? if both of these are not yes you found the reason
If he is using the correct version of the wad managers, he doesn't even need cIOS at all.
since vWii release, there are managers updated to use AHB access with patches to allow installing unsigned wads.

But, if users still have the old version, then yes they need cIOS (236 or d2x)

Using 1246 on vWii and the "standby" button still appears in the power off menu O.o, I'm using a custom theme btw.
Ah? very strange. I tested it and only "shutdown" and "cancel" button were there. the themes shouldn't matters, it's detecting Wii or WiiU using the same function everywhere in the loader. Maybe it doesn't work for you? and maybe you are not the only one?
did you notice any instability other than the button still present? sj33 reported issue with missing game's titles.

Maybe there's really a memory issue and wiitdb is not read entirely..
I got missing titles for emuNAND, but I thought it was my Emu which was corrupted (the game doesn't work)

sonictopfan

Trophies
XP
Country
Almost 1K...

So I tried the sneek beta, if I set the game (channel) to run as NEEK it sends me back to the loader and if I try to run it with EmuNAND it works fine (except for games that don't work with EmuNAND or have issues) I tried both SD and USB, I'm assuming I need to install something? I dunno, I never used NEEK before, I only used EmuNAND with USBLGX, what am I doing wrong?

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Using partial or full emunand works... like before. no changes done here so of course it will still work for games that used to work, and not work for games that used to not work.

To use neek mode, you need neek files. it's explained in the .txt file provided in the beta. "install instruction".
And that's why it's only a beta : there's no message or warning yet to explain it in the loader. if something wrong it just reboots. you need to read the instruction to understand how to use it. don't just switch options randomly.

To create a Neek emuNAND, it's only files to add in the /sneek/ folder.
SD:/sneek/kernel.bin
usb1:/sneek/kernel.bin
usb1:/sneek/di.bin
usb1:/sneek/font.bin
and then read the instructions in the txt file!

I recommend using sneek method only for non compatible games, so only set the sneek option in the individual setting.
But you need to prepare an emuNAND with Sneek files! use modmii in n2o mode or crediar's sneek installer with neek2o files renamed correctly.
easiest method is modmii with "prepare neek2o" for uneek or uneek+di and copy files to SD and USB.

if need files are not found (kernel.bin in /sneek/ folder) then it will either :
- reboot the loader if you use "Static" boot method
- stop and do nothing (maybe a warning if I had time to add one) if you use the "buffer" method.

Just one thing I didn't say : vWii is untested!
To work on vWii you will need the neek2o beta vWii version, which is unreleased.
if some users have that beta, you can try. If you have only r96, this is Wii only.
Stealth'd HDD are not working with r96, but most users are not stealthing their drive if they already use EmuNAND unless they use d2x mod.

Another untested thing:
I didn't test old revision of neek2o.
If you have pre-96, please try booting Wii discs with neek. maybe autoboot works on old versions, but it was disabled on r96.

Polygon-Man

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I have the USB_Loader_GX-UNEO_Forwarder_5_1_AHBPROT_vWii_(Fix).wad forwarder installed and the video corruption bug still happens from time to time.
Is this a known issue?

Another question regarding wiitdb.xml:
I made a clean install and can´t download the xml.
"Error: Cannot write to destination" and "WiiTDB.xml is up to date.", but the file is not there.
When I download the file manually and click on Details of a game I get "Error: Could not open wiitdb.xml".
Features -> Titles from GameTDB is set to ON.

I´m using r1244 tabmod.

Is the default path to wiitdb wrong? It's set to "apps/usbloader_gx/titles" and not "apps/usbloader_gx/titles/", notice the last slash.

Reactions: Troopage and Cyan

Acidflare

HomeBrew Beta Tester
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
for anyone that wants Uneek2o+DI R96 Beta 9.4 here it is *removed* the archive was originally sent to my by Etheboss i'm pretty sure there's an update you would have to check in with IRC channel to get the updates but Etheboss might be kind enough to drop us a link to the newest beta that is out. the newer beta's have much more done then r96 alone has

Edit: Also, Cyan if an emunand was made using Simple FS dumper https://sites.google.com/site/completesg/downloads/SimpleFSDumper0.42.zip?attredirects=0 I find that the emunand can be used on either sd or usb with the neek2o mod https://sites.google.com/site/completesg/how-to-use/sfsd-nand-dumper

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
It should work on USB too, not only SD.

neek2o will work only with USB on next release (SD support is not supported anymore).
Please use Uneek/Uneek+di instead.
It might work on SD if you compile sneek, but I don't know if the hidden menu is working or if "di" will work.

I removed your link :
1. it contains nintendo's IOS file. that's why it was up to the user to compile the files, extract 0000000e.app from IOS80 and generate the bin
2. it's a beta, not sure it's meant to be public

So, any reports from testers?
- channel Autoboot works?
- problematic games fixed?
- "return to" prevent loading game or works fine? what % success rate you found?

my own neek2o results:
PAL NAND, using region free channel.
toki tori : works, return to enable prevent game booting
castlevania : works with return to
uno : works with return to
FF4 after year JP : doesn't boot. probably a bad dump. (enable region free on n2o hacks first, or it will not boot at all)
that's all I tested lol, so for me return to as 2/3 success rate.

Reactions: Troopage

Acidflare

HomeBrew Beta Tester
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
It should work on USB too, not only SD.

neek2o will work only with USB on next release (SD support is not supported anymore).
Please use Uneek/Uneek+di instead.
It might work on SD if you compile sneek, but I don't know if the hidden menu is working or if "di" will work.

I removed your link :
1. it contains nintendo's IOS file. that's why it was up to the user to compile the files, extract 0000000e.app from IOS80 and generate the bin
2. it's a beta, not sure it's meant to be public

So, any reports from testers?
- channel Autoboot works?
- problematic games fixed?
- "return to" prevent loading game or works fine? what % success rate you found?

The beta was sent to me months ago, i'm sure it's been updated by now. I didn't know that it was up to the user to compile it due to ios 80. SD doesn't work there is an issue with Write access on the SD card menu when Sneek2O is used and DI doesn't work with it either i've tried.

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
yeah, you can't access your "SD card menu" from the system menu if you use sneek, as SD is considered NAND.
I think there's an option to enable it, but it might corrupt your file system.
That's why using Uneek (USB as NAND) is preferred.

even if you could boot into a sneek/sneek+di NAND, it might cause issues.
SD is marked as not working on neek2o google page.

I don't know if SD access is allowed by default on Uneek. I didn't try to load that menu.

Acidflare

HomeBrew Beta Tester
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
yeah, you can't access your "SD card menu" from the system menu if you use sneek, as SD is considered NAND.
I think there's an option to enable it, but it might corrupt your file system.
That's why using Uneek (USB as NAND) is preferred.

even if you could boot into a sneek/sneek+di NAND, it might cause issues.
SD is marked as not working on neek2o google page.

I don't know if SD access is allowed by default on Uneek. I didn't try to load that menu.

on Uneek it is supported.

when I tried Sneek2o+DI, the screen was just black I couldn't even get the nand to boot, but changing the kernel back to Uneek2o+DI got it back to booting the nand didn't get corrupted or anything

Thanks, will try when I´m home.
I didn´t find the path setting for wiitdb under "custom paths", wrong section?

edit the actual config file on your computer

Reactions: [Truth]

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Inb4 kiiwii gives it a 0/10
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    6/10 rating on steam
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    I would like a Predator game "Kill Team" it takes place in the Jungle of the first movie, your team is sent to hunt the predator, using current tech drones and a trained team. Set traps use strategy to hunt and trap or kill the predator.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Ill stick with my Battlefield. Yea a predator hunting game like that would be cool. Esp if you can be Arnold and say "Get to da choppa"
    +1
    Maybe Arnold could do a cameo voice acting, he is the one briefing you on the mission
    +1
    Honestly surprised they didn't make a tie in game for Predators that movie was awesome
    I was kinda sad the Yakuza guy died sword fighting a predator lol
    The Russian guy went out like a boss
    Double claymores to the face definitely kill a predator lol
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I went today and looked at a motorcycle someone was selling. I get there and the battery on it was dead, so the guy grabbed a battery charger and hooked it up. He plugged it into the wall, and the motorcycle sparked and started smoking. Come to find out the bike uses a 6 volt battery and the guy had the charger set to 12v. I said sorry to the dude and walked away. I felt bad for him tho.
    Sounds like it would be an exciting ride....
    Not sure I would want something on fire between my legs
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    He ruined it basically. Sad cause it was a decent old bike. It would take more money to rewire the bike than it was worth tho.
    Yeah I'm sure at minimum the starter was fried
    Alternator and battery
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Prob alot of fried parts. It was still smoking when I left.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I would've said show me how it rides
    I always wanted one of those Smart Cars with a Hyabusa motor in it.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I'm getting sick and tired of cheap ass baking pans now
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I think it be cool to have one that would fit in my pickup truck bed, then I could put down ramps n drive it off.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Used this one 5 times already impossible to clean
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    @K3Nv2 I didn't know Sonic serves they food in baking pans.
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: @K3Nv2 I didn't know Sonic serves they food in baking pans.