• Likes 48

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
The current Devolution's button mapping is already "back to how it was on the original gamecube controller". Y button being on the top, X button being on the right, B on the left.

What you want is the "direct button mapping".
A=A, B=B, Y=Y, X=X, or O=A, X=B, []=Y, /\=X
I think it's odd to use this mapping, but it might be useful for some games. I don't know.

The Direct button mapping is added in the version I'm currently working, but it's still unreleased.
but Damysteryman provided a modified version with this setting (it doesn't have a title, but the setting is there. just put the unnamed setting to ON)
http://gbatemp.net/threads/devolution-public-release.330554/page-150#post-4707991

Drunk_caterpillar

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
This is going to sound like a dumb question, but I put the modified .dol into my USBLGX folder but I can't find the unnamed setting for direct mapping anywhere. Can someone point me in the right direction?

boomario

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
There's a way to make Majora's Mask work on emunand through loader GX? Or not? And how the dump nand option work? he will replace my current emunand at the HDD or just add everthing that is at my real nand to emulated one? Its true that games like bomberman blast and retro city rampage works when extracted from him? MM will work with that?
Sorry for many questions and thanks a lot :lol:

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
This is going to sound like a dumb question, but I put the modified .dol into my USBLGX folder but I can't find the unnamed setting for direct mapping anywhere. Can someone point me in the right direction?
in the settings, at the same place where you find the other Devolution settings.
either in global settings>loader settings
or in individual game settings>game settings

all at the bottom there are settings starting with "DEVO" prefix.
You should have one for Direct Mapping (if he managed to put a name on it), or one without a name, but you can switch it ON/OFF.

There's a way to make Majora's Mask work on emunand through loader GX? Or not? And how the dump nand option work? he will replace my current emunand at the HDD or just add everthing that is at my real nand to emulated one? Its true that games like bomberman blast and retro city rampage works when extracted from him? MM will work with that?
Sorry for many questions and thanks a lot :lol:
if you select the Dump NAND feature, it will extract all your NAND again (and overwrite the existing files on your HDD).
You can choose a different path if you want (in the settings>user path>NAND (set both to the same folder))
I don't know about dumping a new NAND over an existing EmuNAND, I never tried it.
(it's plan to add a single channel dumping feature to dump newly added channels on real NAND to EmuNAND without redumping everything)

I don't know about the game compatibility, I don't own them.

strai

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
cheats doesn't work with EmuNAND.
if you are using real nand, try changing the Channel loading mode in the Settings > loader Settings : boot or apploader.
if it still doesn't work, then cheat code doesn't work. try with Wiiflow instead, I think it's working.

ok i changed channel launcher to 'Boot Content' and the cheats work. thanks

vietataru

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi, I am running:
revision 1215 of USB Loader GX
Dios Mios Lite 2.10 (SD)
Gamecube ISO on USB Drive
but when I try to boot any Gamecube Games it says 'fatal error apploader size is zero'
I have tried running it with Dios Mios 2.10 (USB) but then it just goes to a black screen. Should I just wait on the next release of Dios Mios or is there a work around currently available to run Gamecube Games using Dios Mios from USB Loader?

Thanks!

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
if you install DIOS MIOS, you need to play games from USB
if you install DIOS MIOS Lite, you need to play games from SD

if you have DIOS MIOS Lite, and ISO on USB, it should ask you to copy the ISO to SD before launching it.
If not, then there's a problem in the loader path detection, and that's why it says apploader is zero (DIOS MIOS Lite is looking on SD card and doesn't find the game, because it's on USB).
PS: I don't have any problem on my Wii, it's correctly detecting SD and USB. verify the paths in the settings>user paths>Main GameCube Path should be "usb1"

If you install DIOS MIOS and you only have a black screen (before the DIOS MIOS splash screen), it's probably because your USB device is not compatible, or you don't have the first partition of the drive as FAT32 primary.

Drunk_caterpillar

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
in the settings, at the same place where you find the other Devolution settings.
either in global settings>loader settings
or in individual game settings>game settings

all at the bottom there are settings starting with "DEVO" prefix.
You should have one for Direct Mapping (if he managed to put a name on it), or one without a name, but you can switch it ON/OFF.

I was running 1215 and then downloaded damysteryman's modified boot.dol from the post you linked to, but for some reason the unnamed setting isn't present in my Loader Settings menu. Is there something else I need to put in the USB Loader GX directory on my SD card?

AkujiKeir

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Guys, I'd hate to ask, but I need help with Config Usb Loader or DIOS MIOS, idk which. When I load Pokemon XD it goes straight to playing the disc in my wii. Now I've tried NoDisc option, got an error and changed it back. CAn anyone reply me an answer? T^T

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
I was running 1215 and then downloaded damysteryman's modified boot.dol from the post you linked to, but for some reason the unnamed setting isn't present in my Loader Settings menu. Is there something else I need to put in the USB Loader GX directory on my SD card?
you don't need anything else, just replacing the boot.dol in the /apps/usbloader_gx/ folder is enough. maybe you replaced it with a wrong version, try redownloading/replacing it again. other users said it works fine, so the menu should be there.

Guys, I'd hate to ask, but I need help with Config Usb Loader or DIOS MIOS, idk which. When I load Pokemon XD it goes straight to playing the disc in my wii. Now I've tried NoDisc option, got an error and changed it back. CAn anyone reply me an answer? T^T
I'm sorry, but this is not the Config Loader thread, nor the DIOS MIOS thread.
I can't help you with CFG loader settings or features.
About DIOS MIOS, if it boots from Disc instead of the ISO, it means you don't have the correct/matching version of both loader+DIOS MIOS.
You need to read more information on the available versions and be sure they work together.

HunterZ

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Are there any plans to add the ability to boot Wiiware channels via neek2o? Wiiflow has this, but I really really prefer USB Loader GX over Wiiflow.

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
I would like to add it, but I can't tell when I'll do it.

I'm working slowly, and am often stuck easily, spending a lot of time to fix what seemed "easy changes".
I spent this week trying to fix the video mode patching and I can't get it to work. CFG and Wiiflow have the same code as USBGX (I've even rewritten it to have exact same patches), and it still can't force video mode.
I fear what it will be to add more complex changes...

AkujiKeir

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
you don't need anything else, just replacing the boot.dol in the /apps/usbloader_gx/ folder is enough. maybe you replaced it with a wrong version, try redownloading/replacing it again. other users said it works fine, so the menu should be there.

I'm sorry, but this is not the Config Loader thread, nor the DIOS MIOS thread.
I can't help you with CFG loader settings or features.
About DIOS MIOS, if it boots from Disc instead of the ISO, it means you don't have the correct/matching version of both loader+DIOS MIOS.
You need to read more information on the available versions and be sure they work together.
I get what you're saying. However I'm not necessarily sure that's the problem. I've played almost every GameCube ISO under the sun using the same versions and they've always worked properly.

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
I get what you're saying. However I'm not necessarily sure that's the problem. I've played almost every GameCube ISO under the sun using the same versions and they've always worked properly.
Not me.
Sorry, but I don't understand get what you are saying. (which sun are you talking about?)

I'm telling you that DIOS MIOS has different versions.
Some versions of DIOS MIOS require specific versions of USBloaders.
For example, recent version of DIOS MIOS will not work on older version of CFG Loader.
If you don't use the correct combination, DIOS MIOS either :
- Warn you to update the loader
- boot the Disc instead of the ISO. <-- you see something familiar here?

Without more informations (like version of homebrew you are using, Device type, partition type, etc.), we can't help you correctly.

AkujiKeir

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Not me.
Sorry, but I don't understand get what you are saying. (which sun are you talking about?)

I'm telling you that DIOS MIOS has different versions.
Some versions of DIOS MIOS require specific versions of USBloaders.
For example, recent version of DIOS MIOS will not work on older version of CFG Loader.
If you don't use the correct combination, DIOS MIOS either :
- Warn you to update the loader
- boot the Disc instead of the ISO. <-- you see something familiar here?

Without more informations (like version of homebrew you are using, Device type, partition type, etc.), we can't help you correctly.
Okay I understand that, but I'm saying that this combination of versions has always worked for me, and still does for that matter. It's only Pokemon XD that boots the disc. Every other game works fine and boots from my USB. So why would you need my info if it's not necessary(Not that I won't give it, I'd be glad to if it'll help)?

Maxternal

Peanut Gallery Spokesman
Trophies
Website
gbadev.googlecode.com
XP
Country
In know it's just one option so I probably shouldn't worry about it but are the settings files for the mod for setting 1:1 button mapping on Devolution going to be compatible with r1216 ? If not, will I just have to re-set that one option or would it make the whole file incompatible and make me set ALL my options again?

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
yes, I used the same setting name Damysteryman used to keep compatibility with his version and future releases.

I'll probably release it this weekend, even if I can't fix the video patching problem, at least it will update other things.

Reactions: Rydian

beatrum

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Has anyone figured out how to simply split a 4gb+ .wbfs file into 2 smaller files that can be read by usb loader gx?
I only have a mac (lion)
fat32 drive that works flawlessly with usbloader gx just want to play larger file games
i've tried qwbfs for mac, and wii fusion which either wont load an iso or wbfs file if you don't have a wbfs drive or wont split a file unless you are going to a wbfs drive.
So in summary I need to split an already existing iso or wbfs file on my mac into 2 segments so I can play it off my fat32 drive

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Sicklyboy, Using a Fiio DAC and Betron headphones.
    +1
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    I use AKG K7XX headphones for daily use, but Meze 99 Classics when I want to *enjoy* the music
    +1
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    I mean built in sound on mobo's has gotten way better but still XP handled sound better and X-Fi was still better than onboard audio even to this day
    Hell not sure what was going on but for like a few weeks MP3's sounded muffled, some driver or Windows update fixed it. Thank god lol
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    Oh boy Massdrop has $1100 IEMs. Want, but not at that price lmao. https://drop.com/buy/campfire-audio-andromeda-emerald-sea-iem
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    I'd sooner buy the Meze 109 Pro if I was dropping that much on headphones. I don't even like buds/IEMs
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    I got the Google Pixel Pro buds, they're good enough for when I need portable audio. And some really cheap IEMs that Dankpods recommends, I think the KZ ZSN Pro
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I'd stick with cheapo Chinese $10 ones quality is actually becoming on pair with name brand since name Brand usually quads the price up anyway loose one bud that's another $200
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    My Pixel Pro buds shit the bed a month or two ago. My wireless charger (which they do support Qi charging) absolutely COOKED them. Caused some problem that caused the case to heat up to 180F+
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    They were like 9 months out of warranty but I hit up Google support anyway and told them how hot they were getting and they replaced them with new ones because they wanted these for failure analysis lol
    lol wireless charging
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Yeah that's why I can't bring myself to even spend $100 on wireless earbuds
    I think it's a cool idea but damn
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    Apparently the case has a problem with >15W wireless chargers. Google design fault, that one.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I could live with wireless charging if the damn standard case doesn't block connection
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    how is wireless charging possible?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Dbz said everyone has raging energy senses
    +1
  • cearp @ cearp:
    you mean generally, how does the concept work?
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Copper conducting electricity or something
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    @Xdqwerty, power through a coil of wire causes an electromagnetic field to be generated. Another coil of wire can be set up to harness the power from that electromagnetic field and turn it into usable energy for charging a device
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    Two good videos from ElectroBOOM that touch on the subject:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TQwGjhwPEik

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M2YwkAWg0_g
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Elements on earth are actually more powerful than we think
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Elements on earth are actually more powerful than we think