• Views 7,195,503
  • Replies 29,369
  • Likes 48

goncalodoom

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Has anyone figured out how to simply split a 4gb+ .wbfs file into 2 smaller files that can be read by usb loader gx?
I only have a mac (lion)
fat32 drive that works flawlessly with usbloader gx just want to play larger file games
i've tried qwbfs for mac, and wii fusion which either wont load an iso or wbfs file if you don't have a wbfs drive or wont split a file unless you are going to a wbfs drive.
So in summary I need to split an already existing iso or wbfs file on my mac into 2 segments so I can play it off my fat32 drive

Use wiibackup manager

HunterZ

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Has anyone figured out how to simply split a 4gb+ .wbfs file into 2 smaller files that can be read by usb loader gx?
I only have a mac (lion)
fat32 drive that works flawlessly with usbloader gx just want to play larger file games
i've tried qwbfs for mac, and wii fusion which either wont load an iso or wbfs file if you don't have a wbfs drive or wont split a file unless you are going to a wbfs drive.
So in summary I need to split an already existing iso or wbfs file on my mac into 2 segments so I can play it off my fat32 drive
Maybe one of the 3 Mac WBFS tools listed here can do it?

Roads1

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Okay, I have USBLoader GX running (along with all my homebrew) from a FAT32 partition on my USB HDD. (It loads games from an NTFS partition.) Every time I change the settings (i.e. telling it to load from the NTFS partition, turning off rumble, etc.), the settings don't save! When I restart and come back in, the settings revert to the default. Is there any fix for this, or setting that I missed?

HunterZ

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Okay, I have USBLoader GX running (along with all my homebrew) from a FAT32 partition on my USB HDD. (It loads games from an NTFS partition.) Every time I change the settings (i.e. telling it to load from the NTFS partition, turning off rumble, etc.), the settings don't save! When I restart and come back in, the settings revert to the default. Is there any fix for this, or setting that I missed?
Check that your media is not write-protected. Note that it may be saving to your SD card (if you have one installed), and that those usually have a physical write-protect switch.

strai

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Can someone link me a file to get usb loader gx to autoboot on priiloader please

nvm I used the forwader 5.1 dol and it worked

ngelDiezFernndez

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
9esferas.es
XP
Country
I'm trying Far Cry Vengeance but it hangs on Chapter 2. No in the classic IOS Reload problem. After the chapter start, in the first house, when i enter a room and -i guess- a video triggers the game hangs.

The lastest USB Loader GX rev, d2x v10 rev 53 alt, 56, 249, etc. Everthing is ok but it hangs there. Using WBFS copy.

Any idea? Compat list only shows the IOS Reload problem.

Elxar

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I wanted to install the forwarder to my Wii so I boot directly with USB loader. Got the wad, but I just want to know since I already have the loader I also have the IOS58 installed right? So do I just install the forwader with HBC directly?

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
quick question.. i just installed the new boot.dol for usb loader gx.. the release after this official release which offers support with dios mios.
how do i exit out of a gamecube game without having to hard reset my wii ? the R + z + start padhook doesn't work?

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
I wanted to install the forwarder to my Wii so I boot directly with USB loader. Got the wad, but I just want to know since I already have the loader I also have the IOS58 installed right? So do I just install the forwader with HBC directly?
The forwarder let you launch the boot.dol located on your SD card or USB without launching the Homebrew Channel first.
It also let you "return to" the loader when you exit a game to System menu. (go to settings > loader settings > return to -> usbloaderGX)

It doesn't Autoboot the loader when you power ON your Wii.
If you want to autoboot, you need Priiloader and install the USBlaoderGX Forwarder "dol" not "wad" into priiloader's install menu.

quick question.. i just installed the new boot.dol for usb loader gx.. the release after this official release which offers support with dios mios.
how do i exit out of a gamecube game without having to hard reset my wii ? the R + z + start padhook doesn't work?
I don't know which revision you are using, but if you enabled PadHook setting it should work.

kallekall

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi! I have really tried and search the web for a few ours yesterday but could not find the solution to my problem.

The problem is that USB Loader GX does not find Skies of Arcadia Legends (EU) which is a gamecube game.

I have both the latest stable USB Loader GX and the latest Dios Mios (not Dios Mios lite). (I also have the latest WiiFlow). I have my Wii & GameCube games on an external USB Hard drive.

My Wii games are on \wbfs\GAMENAME [GAMECODE]\FILES
My Gamecube are stored on \games\GAMENAME [GAMECODE]\game.iso

GX finds my Wii games without a problem. In "Select titles sources." I have the "GC games"-option checked (Have also tried to uncheck it and check it again). I have tried with the check box "Wii games"-options on and off.

I once tried to move the gamecube game to wbfs folder. USB Loader then found it but thougnt it was a Wii game and immediately crashed upon launch.

I have also tried to store the gamecube games in games\GAMECODE\game.iso but it did not help.

I first only had WiiFlow and it could find the game but Dios Mios crashed and then I read that I could get the game to work using some settings in USB Loader GX. But it doesn't even find the game.

I have verified that I have a correct image according to the hash values (http://redump.org/disc/9250/)

Now I don't have a clue what is wrong. Could someone please help me?

Solution: http://gbatemp.net/goto/post?id=4730525#post-4730525 Now I just have to figure out how to run Skies of Arcadia Legends. Super Mario Sunshine works without any problem.

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Latest Stable version (v3.0) doesn't work with DIOS MIOS.
it works only with DIOS MIOS Lite up to v1.2, but if you put the game on USB/games/game name [GameID]/game.iso, it should at least be displayed.
When you try to run the game, it would have asked you to transfer the game to SD card first.

With the latest beta, it detects if you use DM or DML, and will display both SD and USB at the same time.

Verify that you enabled "Gamecube" in the Game's origin menu (4th icon in the top menu).
Verify that you renamed the game to "game.iso" (these 4 letters), and not to "game name".iso

kallekall

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Get the latest Beta version, should solve your issues,
http://code.google.com/p/usbloader-gui/issues/detail?id=1769#c3278

This did not work. I can still not see the game in USB Loader GX.

Verify that you enabled "Gamecube" in the Game's origin menu (4th icon in the top menu).
Verify that you renamed the game to "game.iso" (these 4 letters), and not to "game name".iso

Gamecube games is enabled in the Game's origin menu (I promise).

"E:\games\Skies of Arcadia Legends [GEAP8P]\game.iso" is the full path to the game. Could still not see the game. I tried to shorten the path to only "E:\games\Skies [GEAP8P]\game.iso" (in case the path was too long) but it did not help.

After checking the two solutions (Kittymat and Cyan) I tried with Super Mario Sunshine. USB Loader GX can not see that game either. WiiFlow can see the Mario game and launch it without any problem. The full path to Super Mario Sunshine is "E:\games\Super Mario Sunshine [GMSP01]\game.iso". But only GX can play Skies of Arcadia Legends.

Edit:
This is my sysCheck report if it helps

Code:
sysCheck v2.1.0b19 by Double_A and R2-D2199, Nano
...runs on IOS61 (rev 5405).

Region: PAL
System Menu 4.2E (v482)
Priiloader installed
Drive date: Unknown
Homebrew Channel 1.1.0 running on IOS61
HomebrewFilter ist nicht installiert
Console ID: 70346672
Boot2 v2
Found 85 titles.
Found 31 IOS on this console. 1 of them are stub.

IOS9 (rev 778): No Patches
IOS12 (rev 269): No Patches
IOS13 (rev 273): No Patches
IOS14 (rev 520): No Patches
IOS15 (rev 523): No Patches
IOS17 (rev 775): No Patches
IOS20 (rev 256): Stub
IOS21 (rev 782): No Patches
IOS22 (rev 1037): No Patches
IOS28 (rev 1550): No Patches
IOS31 (rev 3349): No Patches
IOS33 (rev 3091): No Patches
IOS34 (rev 3348): No Patches
IOS35 (rev 3349): No Patches
IOS36 (rev 3351): Trucha Bug, ES Identify, NAND Access
IOS37 (rev 3869): No Patches
IOS38 (rev 3867): No Patches
IOS50 (rev 4889): No Patches
IOS53 (rev 5406): No Patches
IOS55 (rev 5406): No Patches
IOS56 (rev 5405): No Patches
IOS57 (rev 5661): No Patches
IOS61 (rev 5405): No Patches
IOS70 (rev 6687): Trucha Bug, NAND Access
IOS202[38] (rev 4, Info: hermes-v4.0): Trucha Bug, ES Identify, NAND Access, USB 2.0
IOS222[38] (rev 4, Info: hermes-v4.0): Trucha Bug, ES Identify, NAND Access, USB 2.0
IOS223[38] (rev 4, Info: hermes-v4.0): Trucha Bug, ES Identify, NAND Access, USB 2.0
IOS236[36] (rev 65535, Info: rev 3351): Trucha Bug, ES Identify, NAND Access
IOS249[56] (rev 21008, Info: d2x-v8final): Trucha Bug, NAND Access, USB 2.0
IOS250[57] (rev 21008, Info: d2x-v8final): Trucha Bug, NAND Access, USB 2.0
IOS254 (rev 65281): BootMii
BC v5
MIOS v10 (DIOS MIOS 2.6.1+)

Edit2: Solution: http://gbatemp.net/goto/post?id=4730525#post-4730525

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
If you updated from v3.0, maybe the path is only checking the SD card.
Go to settings > user path >
GameCube Main Path : set this one to USB1:/games/
GameCube SD Path : set this one to SD/games/ (it's already set, it's the default path).

The main path is was the one used to dump a game disc to drive/device.
By default on 3.0 it's set to SD card (the same as SD path). If you want to use USB as "dump place", you could change it manually.

On newer revision, I've placed the "main path" to usb1 by default. (for users without a config file, or if you reset the config file in the settings)
and now it's asking where to dump disc (sd or main folder).

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Veho @ Veho: Her boob is the cause of all this current shit :angry: