• Views 7,177,835
  • Replies 29,365
  • Likes 48

Hielkenator

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
cant wait to see if they are able to get deevolution to work within usb gx so dm can be killed off.. hopefully deevo's source code can give them enough hints to make it happen
Devolution is only for people that want the convenience of loading their own games from usb.
DM is for people that haven't got the games, or have a broken drive.

And to set your comment straight, devolutions source is closed. the devolution loader source is open.
Devolution is'nt compatible with all streaming audio games, for instance waverace does not work at this point.
Compatibilty isseus can only be solved by tieudj if he can get his hands on that perticular game.

Dios mios compatibilty is much higher really not comparable with devolution at this point.
Also videopatching like pal>480p will not be implemented in devolution.

Cuphat

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey Cyan, any way you could implement both dios mios and devolution into GX? Maybe click a game and it prompts which loader to choose. devolution for streaming games and dios mios for the rest.
Yes, I plan to make either a prompt, or a setting. (I prefer the setting)
Per-game setting would rock if possible.

RafaelPalma

Trophies
XP
Guys, i need help. I finished playing Luigi's Mansion some days ago, and now i wanted to play Sunshine. Well, after downloading and everything, it starts.
BUT, It doesn't detects my GC controller! I press all the buttons and nothing happens. It isn't the controller because i use it to navigate the menus and everything (Also, i played Luigi's Mansion with it). I thought that it was the game, but no, it doesn't works either with Mario Power Tennis.
What can i do? I am using DML 1.5, because 2.0 just gives me the apploader size is zero error.

HarveyPierson

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Hey. Thanks for the amazing product, but I'm having a bit of a problem. With the older release (I believe it was 2.3) I could just load my Gamecube games from the USB and start playing, but now that I've updated to 3.0 I'm forced to copy them to the SD to play. Did I do something wrong? I installed both wads in the .zip.

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Guys, i need help. I finished playing Luigi's Mansion some days ago, and now i wanted to play Sunshine. Well, after downloading and everything, it starts.
BUT, It doesn't detects my GC controller! I press all the buttons and nothing happens. It isn't the controller because i use it to navigate the menus and everything (Also, i played Luigi's Mansion with it). I thought that it was the game, but no, it doesn't works either with Mario Power Tennis.
What can i do? I am using DML 1.5, because 2.0 just gives me the apploader size is zero error.
Some third party's controllers don't work at all ... Except with Luigi's Mansion.
It's was just your luck that you played that game first ;)

With the older release (I believe it was 2.3) I could just load my Gamecube games from the USB and start playing, but now that I've updated to 3.0 I'm forced to copy them to the SD to play. Did I do something wrong? I installed both wads in the .zip.
1. No, you are not forced to copy/dump them anywhere, you can just select "Mount Disc" and it will load the game directly from the disc.
2. v2.3 would never have let you launch GameCube games located on USB. GameCube backup support (iso format, not disc) was added in 3.0 (r1180)
3. With v3.0, only DIOS MIOS Lite is supported (DIOS MIOS wasn't released at that time), so only SD is supported to launch your GameCube backups. You can store some backup on USB, you you will be prompt to transfer them to SD to play. You can manage/delete games on SD card to make room for new transfer from USB to SD.
4. Since the Release of DIOS MIOS (not Lite), you can launch GameCube backup directly from USB, but you need to update USBLoaderGX with the latest beta which add DIOS MIOS support.
5. You can only have one MIOS at a time, depending on the one installed you will be prompt different message, or the game will launch if all is correct.
Detected MIOS : MIOS (official, nothing displayed), QuadForce, DIOS MIOS, DIOS MIOS Lite.
I'll see if I can add other MIOS detection (wiigator's cMIOS)

6. I'll make a global and a per game setting for choosing between DM(L) and Devo.

7. Sorry for the slow update pace, I'm not working on it everyday.

Reactions: 1 person

lovewiibrew

Sifjar is a pirate
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Some third party's controllers don't work at all ... Except with Luigi's Mansion.

With the older release (I believe it was 2.3) I could just load my Gamecube games from the USB and start playing, but now that I've updated to 3.0 I'm forced to copy them to the SD to play. Did I do something wrong? I installed both wads in the .zip.
1. No, you are not forced to copy/dump them anywhere, you can just select "Mount Disc" and it will load the game directly from the disc.
2. v2.3 would never have let you launch GameCube games located on USB. GameCube backup support (iso format, not disc) was added in 3.0 (r1180)
3. With v3.0, only DIOS MIOS Lite is supported (DIOS MIOS wasn't released at that time), so only SD is supported to launch your GameCube backups. You can store some backup on USB, you you will be prompt to transfer them to SD to play. You can manage/delete games on SD card to make room for new transfer from USB to SD.
4. Since the Release of DIOS MIOS (not Lite), you can launch GameCube backup directly from USB, but you need to update USBLoaderGX with the latest beta which add DIOS MIOS support.
5. You can only have one MIOS at a time, depending on the one installed you will be prompt different message, or the game will launch if all is correct.
Detected MIOS : MIOS (official, nothing displayed), QuadForce, DIOS MIOS, DIOS MIOS Lite.

6. I'll make a global and a per game setting for choosing between DM(L) and Devo.

Per game setting is fantastic. Thanks for your efforts Cyan.

Reactions: 2 people

Hielkenator

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands

I would love to have multi disc support when you are going to support wiigator's cmios!

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
It's not "support" for Wiigator, it's only "detection" of the installed MIOS displayed in the credit page.
I still don't know how I will add the second disc detection/loading yet, it might depend on the installed MIOS. my idea is to make it automatically loaded if detected, with a prompt to select the one to boot first.
But I can't test it myself (because of my Wiikey, Wiigator's MIOS never worked fine).

That's only my idea on how it should work. Do not expect it.

JordenNixNix

Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
(I don't know where to post it so I used this topic!)

I have also a problem with the
c204.gif
USB loader GX 3.0

Its not really a problem but its annoys me.

I can't use (ocarina) cheats for gamecube games!

I insert my disk, choose options/ocarina, and download the cheats. I turn all the cheats that I like on and choose for create (right button) to make a .GCT
Then I go to options and I turn ocarina to on, then launch the game (Normally it works for Wii games this way)

When I finally play the game(s), no cheats works.( I have tried to use gamecube cheats with following games: Shadow the hedgehog, Sonic Heroes, Kirby Airride and Metroid prime 2 Echoes (selfmade for Metroid))

How can I use cheats with USB loader 3.0 for Nintendo gamecube games (original disks)?
please can somebody help me, please.

PatrickD85

Trophies
Website
www.nintendoreporters.com
XP
Country
Netherlands
Been wondering one thing actually in regard to UsbLoaderGX
Is there a way to disable sorting, changing interface layout through Parent Control possible?

I want to only show the banners, so kids can't change the options around each and every time ;)
So basically gui keeps: Lock/Unlock option , Disc option but nothing beside that on the top row.

RafaelPalma

Trophies
XP
But it's an original controller, it came with my gamecube back in the day...

HarveyPierson

Newcomer
Trophies
XP

I was using Version 2.3 r1123 and it always let me play games straight off the USB. I will provide a video if you don't believe me.

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
GameCube support from USB has been added in r1152.
So it's very strange that you could run an ISO/dumped image from USB with 1123.

so, here is my today's progress:
- I added back support to launch GC disc without official MIOS.
- I completed all my tests with DML video modes and chose the code which had the best result when using default settings. it might not be correct but it works.
- I changed the name of the "DML progressive Patch" in the config file, so you'll have to set it again.
- I added support for devolution (still very messy code, so it's not available yet. maybe tomorrow)
- I added a setting to choose whether to use MIOS or Devolution, global and per game setting.
- I added a Path setting to choose where the loader.bin is located (which is better? sd:/wiiflow/ or sd:/apps/gc_devo/ ? I used the devo folder as default, but I'm sure a lot of users already placed it in wiiflow folder)

I couldn't test devolution, I can't verify my games :unsure:
It flashes 5 times in loop, I suspect my wiikey is the cause. But I don't want to disable it so I'll let you test it for me.
maybe it's a bad dump, I'll check the md5.

What I plan for a later update, maybe not tomorrow:
- add 3 memory card options for devolution : none (use the real one) / global (all games use the same one) / individual (each game his own)
- add support for dual disc games (might be harder, maybe the automatic mode from devolution is enough but you need to place them in /games/).

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    @TwoSpikedHands, I'll preface this with the fact that I know nothing about the game, but, I think it depends on what your goals are. Are you trying to make a definitive version of the game? You may want to refocus your efforts on the EU version then. Or, are you trying to make a better US version? In which case, the only way to make a better US version is to keep on plugging away at that one ;)
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    I'm not familiar with the technicalities of the differences between the two versions, but I'm wondering if at least some of those differences are things that you could port over to the US version in your patch without having to include copyrighted assets from the EU version
  • TwoSpikedHands @ TwoSpikedHands:
    @Sicklyboy I am wanting to fully change the game and bend it to my will lol. I would like to eventually have the ability to add more characters, enemies, even have a completely different story if i wanted. I already have the ability to change the tilemaps in the US version, so I can basically make my own map and warp to it in game - so I'm pretty far into it!
    I really would like to make a hack that I would enjoy playing, and maybe other people would too. swapping to the EU version would also mean my US friends could not legally play it
    I am definitely considering porting over some of the EU features without using the actual ROM itself, tbh that would probably be the best way to go about it... but i'm sad that the voice acting is so.... not good on the US version. May not be a way around that though
    I appreciate the insight!
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    @TwoSpikedHands just switch, all the knowledge you learned still applies and most of the code and assets should be the same anyway
    and realistically they wouldn't

be able to play it legally anyway since they need a ROM and they probably don't have the means to dump it themselves
    why the shit does the shitbox randomly insert newlines in my messages
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It does that when I edit a post.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It inserts a newline in a random spot.
    never had that i don't think
  • Karma177 @ Karma177:
    do y'all think having an sd card that has a write speed of 700kb/s is a bad idea?
    trying to restore emunand rn but it's taking ages... (also when I finished the first time hekate decided to delete all my fucking files :wacko:)
    @Karma177 that sd card is 100% faulty so yes, its a bad idea
    even the slowest non-sdhc sd cards are a few MB/s
  • Karma177 @ Karma177:
    @The Real Jdbye it hasn't given me any error trying to write things on it so I don't really think it's faulty (pasted 40/50gb+ folders and no write errors)
  • DinohScene @ DinohScene:
    run h2testw on it
    +1
  • DinohScene @ DinohScene:
    when SD cards/microSD write speeds drop below a meg a sec, they're usually on the verge of dying
    +1
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Samsung SD format can sometimes fix them too
  • Purple_Heart @ Purple_Heart:
    yes looks like an faulty sd
  • Purple_Heart @ Purple_Heart:
    @Psionic Roshambo i may try that with my dead sd cards
    +1
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    It's always worth a shot
    @The Real Jdbye, I considered that, but i'll have to wait until i can get the eu version in the mail lol
  • I @ I-need-help-with-wup-wiiu:
    i need help with nusspli failed downloads, can someone respond to my thread? pretty please:wub:
    I @ I-need-help-with-wup-wiiu: i need help with nusspli failed downloads, can someone respond to my thread? pretty please:wub: