Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
To install the second disc, you need to do it in two pass :(
There are currently no automatic way to dump two disc with the same ID.

I didn't test it, so I'm not sure if it's looking in the same folder than Disc1 or if it's hardcoded to look into /games/
try both:

1)
dump Disc 2
rename the folder (change the game ID to something else)
rename the game.iso to something else (Disc2.iso for example)
dump Disc 1
Move Disc2.iso into the Disc 1 folder.

you now have a game folder and two iso inside.
USBLoader GX will see and boot game.iso
Devolution will see both. (you can't boot disc2 directly with Devolution anyway, so booting Disc1 is fine)

2)
Dump Disc 2
rename the game.iso to ID6.iso and put it into /games/
Dump Disc 1

I didn't change anything for DM2.1 yet.
Though, I added the changes for Devolution r100 (two lines) to add wifiGecko, but I didn't post it yet.
If you can compile the source, you can add it yourself:
in GameBooter.cpp, after line148 add DEVO_CONFIG->options = 0x00000001;
and in DEV_config.h add u32 options,

I'll try to add a menu to let the user choose the version of installed DM if I can't detect the version automatically.
Depending on the chosen version, some config will be disabled.

Catastrophic

Perfectly Normal
Trophies
XP
Country
I've really started to like this loader as far as GC loading goes! But I've got a small question. I ripped most of the GC games on my HDD via USB Loader GX and I'm just wondering if there are any disadvantages of doing that instead of using DiscEx. Thanks!

l3ullseye

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
In some games I get an error messege when using full emulation NAND

Code:
An error has occurred. press the eject button,
remove the game disk, and turn off the power to
the console. please read the wii operations
manual for further instructions.

If I use partial emulation NAND, sometimes the error disapears, is there any way to fix this and have Full Emulation NAND?

Thanks
This is not an gx isseu, it's a cios isseu.
Wait for daveboal to update his D2x Cios.

I'm using USB Loader GX 249 now and some of them are working, thanks, i'll wait for a d2x update...

Hielkenator

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands

Code:

If I use partial emulation NAND, sometimes the error disapears, is there any way to fix this and have Full Emulation NAND?

Thanks

I'm using USB Loader GX 249 now and some of them are working, thanks, i'll wait for a d2x update...
You can get the latest besta release with the help of modmii.
http://gbatemp.net/topic/207126-modmii-for-windows-official-support-topic/

VashTS

Beat it, son
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Code:

Thanks

You can get the latest besta release with the help of modmii.
http://gbatemp.net/t...-support-topic/

i had the same issue, also games kept telling me the mii database is corrupted, i replaced the NAND (which was made with modmii) and it now works with no trouble. i used an older NAND dump which has worked in the past just updated the IOS and sys menu and now have no issues. i still cannot get neek2o to boot on this NAND, probably due to volume of channels. you should load up save game manager gx and point it to your emu nand, it will tell you if facelib (mii database) is corrupt and it will repair it. mine kept breaking over and over until I changed it.

on topic, GX NAND emu is awesome, it almost always works for me. when something fails in wiiflow, i usually go to GX to double check.

Reactions: 1 person

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Not 100% fine though.
There are video mode problems which give bad colors in some games/regions.
There were a report about a game with slowdown/laggy effect in devolution only with GX.

I can try to fix the colors, but I don't know about the slowdown.

You know, I wish I could fix everything :O
But I still have difficulty to do simple task.
Nobody else want to help coding for GX?

Maybe @GerbilSoft ? you seem to know a lot of things.
Maybe after your new compressed iso format implementation in GX/cIOS ? :)

otenis

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
If I knew how I would. Anyways, great work with GX, It has become my favorite loader. Just one problem: is there a way to make GX diferentiate between disc 1 and disc 2 in gamecube games? Some of my games it boots always the first disc, and some boots the second disc. Is there a way to fix that?

wiifan_zangief

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Hello fellow Wii lovers,
I used to go to another board that apparently is down now, so maybe sb here can help me out:

Two months ago on May 22nd I (as usual) wanted to play Wii but in the Homebrew Channel I got the following error message when I clicked on GX Loader: "This is not a valid Wii application"
There was no indication for this whatsoever. The day before, everything was fine.

I bought a second SD card try out things but I would like to here your advice first. Maybe this problem is known.

Background info:
1) I was using the GX loader version 2.2 r1100. (-> Should I just delete it and put version 3.0 on my SD card?)
2) Everything was fine, except that I always had to insert my SD card AFTER turning on the Wii, otherwise it wouldn't load up the Wii Menue. It was no big deal and easily fixable. Sb from the other board told me how, but I forgot... :( I don't think that it has to do with the problem, I guess...
3) The other 2 applications (Trucha Bug Restorer and cIOS_Installer) can be accessed without an error message.
4) My homebrew channel version is 1.1.0 IOS61 v19.26 (that's on the top right when you press the Home button)

Catastrophic

Perfectly Normal
Trophies
XP
Country
Hello fellow Wii lovers,
I used to go to another board that apparently is down now, so maybe sb here can help me out:

Two months ago on May 22nd I (as usual) wanted to play Wii but in the Homebrew Channel I got the following error message when I clicked on GX Loader: "This is not a valid Wii application"
There was no indication for this whatsoever. The day before, everything was fine.

I bought a second SD card try out things but I would like to here your advice first. Maybe this problem is known.

Background info:
1) I was using the GX loader version 2.2 r1100. (-> Should I just delete it and put version 3.0 on my SD card?)
2) Everything was fine, except that I always had to insert my SD card AFTER turning on the Wii, otherwise it wouldn't load up the Wii Menue. It was no big deal and easily fixable. Sb from the other board told me how, but I forgot... :( I don't think that it has to do with the problem, I guess...
3) The other 2 applications (Trucha Bug Restorer and cIOS_Installer) can be accessed without an error message.
4) My homebrew channel version is 1.1.0 IOS61 v19.26 (that's on the top right when you press the Home button)

Delete all USB Loader GX files except for cover images and put the newest one instead, then copy the covers back into the usbloader_gui folder(or whatever folder you're using). I don't know what the newest version of HBC is but I would recommend that you use a forwarder channel instead.

wiifan_zangief

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Thanks for the advice.
I'm not used to using a forwarder channel (never heard of it).
Can't I just keep the HBC version and just update my GX loader to the latest one? (3.0)

d.d.d.

Trophies
XP
Country
Question on ripping GC games via GX.
I know what the compressed option does (removes junk data and makes a smaller file, right?), but what does the "align 32k" option do and mean?

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
If I knew how I would. Anyways, great work with GX, It has become my favorite loader. Just one problem: is there a way to make GX diferentiate between disc 1 and disc 2 in gamecube games? Some of my games it boots always the first disc, and some boots the second disc. Is there a way to fix that?
There's currently no way.
All the loader was based on gameID for 6 characters (ID6), and both disc share the same ID so it's confusing and using the first found.
I need to add a check for 7 characters (but it will break wii games). so it needs some time to change that fully. it's not a quick fix.

Can't I just keep the HBC version and just update my GX loader to the latest one? (3.0)
Of course you can.
the forwarder is a channel installed on your System Menu to boot USB Loader GX present on your SD card without going into the HBC.
But if you prefer booting the HBC then there's no problem.

About your "not a correct dol" message, you could have just redownloaded the same 2.2 boot.dol and replaced it.
I don't know how it got corrupted, maybe bad SD card.
You should update the loader to at least 3.0 (just replace the boot.dol, you don't need to delete everything), there are new features such as Banner Animation and GameCube support from USB ;)

I know what the compressed option does (removes junk data and makes a smaller file, right?), but what does the "align 32k" option do and mean?
It position the start of each file (in the iso) on a 32k grid, (and I think also on extracted form GCreEx, even if your HDD use smaller cluster size.)
Aligning the beginning of the files on a multiple of 32 speed the access time on a 32 bit system.
though it's not a 1:1 anymore.

Reactions: 1 person

airline38

Trophies
XP
Country
Taiwan
All the loader was based on gameID for 6 characters (ID6), and both disc share the same ID so it's confusing and using the first found.
I need to add a check for 7 characters (but it will break wii games). so it needs some time to change that fully. it's not a quick fix.

FYI, I use the way (check 7 characters of ID) to have CFG mod distinguish disc1 and disc2 correctly.

Reactions: 2 people

otenis

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country

I see. Hope you find a good way to implement that.
Keep up the good work!

d.d.d.

Trophies
XP
Country
It position the start of each file (in the iso) on a 32k grid, (and I think also on extracted form GCreEx, even if your HDD use smaller cluster size.)
Aligning the beginning of the files on a multiple of 32 speed the access time on a 32 bit system.
though it's not a 1:1 anymore.
That makes sense. For the 1:1, on DM, it seems that many of the games are fine like that, but of course not on Devo.

wiifan_zangief

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
You should update the loader to at least 3.0 (just replace the boot.dol, you don't need to delete everything), there are new features such as Banner Animation and GameCube support from USB ;)

OMG! REALLY? That would be amazing! My disk drive broke many years ago and I thought I could never play GC games again. So I sold my GC games, but digitalized them before it. Need to look into this. :)

I'm going to replace GX Loader 2.2 with 3.0 (however saving the cover pictures as Catastrophic suggested). I just hope that there won't be a problem because I once converted all .ELF files into .DOL files as one site claimed, this would make my 2.2 gx loader run again. But it didn't help.

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
You don't need to convert elf to dol, most homebrew are available directly in .dol (or both).
Use the .dol on your Wii. The elf is usually needed only for the developers (to debug the homebrew).

If you update to 3.0 specifically for the GameCube support, don't use 3.0 but the latest beta instead.
v3.0 can only play GameCube games from SD card, while latest beta can load them from USB too.
The latest beta (r1196) need some updates, just wait for r1197.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    They probably said "Hey, why not we combine the two together and make a 'new' DS to sell".
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It's a DS Lite in a slightly bigger DS Lite shell.
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It's not a Nintendo / iQue official product, it's a 3rd party custom.
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Nothing special about it other than it's more comfortable than the Lite
    for people with beefy hands.
    +1
  • Jayro @ Jayro:
    I have yaoi anime hands, very lorge but slender.
  • Jayro @ Jayro:
    I'm Slenderman.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I have hands.
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    imagine not having hands, cringe
    +1
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    ESPECIALLY for things I do to myself :sad:.. :tpi::rofl2: Or others :shy::blush::evil:
    +1
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    @SylverReZ if you could find a v5 DS ML you would have the best of both worlds since the v5 units had the same backlight brightness levels as the DS Lite unlockable with flashme
    but that's a long shot
    i think only the red mario kart edition phat was v5
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    A woman with no arms and no legs was sitting on a beach. A man comes along and the woman says, "I've never been hugged before." So the man feels bad and hugs her. She says "Well i've also never been kissed before." So he gives her a kiss on the cheek. She says "Well I've also never been fucked before." So the man picks her up, and throws her in the ocean and says "Now you're fucked."
    +2
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    lmao
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    anyways, we need to re-normalize physical media

if i didn't want my games to be permanent, then i'd rent them
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Agreed, that why I try to buy all my games on disc, Xbox anyways. Switch games (which I pirate tbh) don't matter much, I stay offline 24/7 anyways.
    I don't pirate them, I Use Them :mellow:. Like I do @BigOnYa 's couch :tpi::evil::rofl2:
    +1
  • cearp @ cearp:
    @BakerMan - you can still "own" digital media, arguably easier and better than physical since you can make copies and backups, as much as you like.

The issue is DRM
  • cearp @ cearp:
    You can buy drm free games / music / ebooks, and if you keep backups of your data (like documents and family photos etc), then you shouldn't lose the game. but with a disk, your toddler could put it in the toaster and there goes your $60

:rofl2:
  • cearp @ cearp:
    still, I agree physical media is nice to have. just pointing out the issue is drm
  • rqkaiju2 @ rqkaiju2:
    i like physical media because it actually feels like you own it. thats why i plan on burning music to cds
  • cearp @ cearp:
    It's nice to not have to have a lot of physical things though, saves space
    +1
    Nor clothes 🤮 . Saves on time, soap, water and money having to wash them. :D
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: Nor clothes 🤮 . Saves on time, soap, water and money having to wash them. :D