• Likes 48

EnigmaXtreme

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
About two disc games....

The Disc's themselves share the same ID, but have an additional number for the disc (IE MGS: Twin Snakes' discs have DL-DOL-GGSE-0-USA and DL-DOL-GGSE-1-USA printed on them, the publisher ID is left out for some reason on GC discs). Maybe that extra 0 or 1 can help with the loaders differentiating between discs?
All you need to do is reanme the DiscID for the first one like replace the last symbol of the id with a 1, then you can copy the second disc and reanme the last symbol there 2

Maverick Lunar X

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
About two disc games....

The Disc's themselves share the same ID, but have an additional number for the disc (IE MGS: Twin Snakes' discs have DL-DOL-GGSE-0-USA and DL-DOL-GGSE-1-USA printed on them, the publisher ID is left out for some reason on GC discs). Maybe that extra 0 or 1 can help with the loaders differentiating between discs?
All you need to do is reanme the DiscID for the first one like replace the last symbol of the id with a 1, then you can copy the second disc and reanme the last symbol there 2

I haven't tried it yet, but I don't think that alone would do it. In the DiscID, the first 4 are for the game and the last two are the publisher (if you'll notice, every Nintendo game ends with 01, Sega is 8P, etc). Like I said, I haven't tried anything yet, someone earlier had posted doing something like you mentioned and it only loading the first disc.

AngryGreek766

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
so will there ever be some sort of ping/or watchdog to keep hdd's from goiing to sleep? or are all we owners of hdds without the option to disable sleep screwed?

EnigmaXtreme

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
About two disc games....

I haven't tried it yet, but I don't think that alone would do it. In the DiscID, the first 4 are for the game and the last two are the publisher (if you'll notice, every Nintendo game ends with 01, Sega is 8P, etc). Like I said, I haven't tried anything yet, someone earlier had posted doing something like you mentioned and it only loading the first disc.

It worked for me for Killer7

Maverick Lunar X

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
About two disc games....

It worked for me for Killer7

I'll check it out then, I've had the first disc installed to test something, but never bothered trying the second.

To verify, deleting RFPE and RMCE from an EmuNand is totally fine, right? I know to leave it in a real NAND, but just want to verify before I do

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
I installed DM, completely reinstalled GX, used r1193 mod 2, set GC game path and still it tells me to copy game to USB. What am I doing wrong? ;_;
Did you correctly set your "Main GameCube Path" to your USB HDD?
The partition you select must be:
On USB
First partition
FAT32
32k cluster size (or less)
Primary
Active

Hoping someone can help me with a problem I'm having.

I've got no issues playing backups and vc through GX, but a handful of wiiware games just reset the wii when loaded. Cave Story and Bomberman Blast are the two I'd really like to get working.

I've tried all kinds of things, like different versions of d2x and loading from different isos, but it's been a while since I messed with it, so I don't really remember the specific fixes I've tried.

Can anybody hold my hand through this?

I'm on 4.3u.
I know that not all WiiWare/VC are working, but CaveStory is a working one (I'm playing it from EmuNAND).

The problem could be the Emulated NAND wasn't dumped using the current D2x or using USBLoader GX (different dumpers create different NAND)

You can try this:
- Install d2x v8 (if you have v9 beta, it should work too). Install base 56 in slot 249.
- Set a different path for the EmuNAND : Settings > Page 2 > User Paths > EmuNand Path (Change the path if you want to keep your old one, or delete the old one)
- Dump your real NAND using USBLoader GX feature : Settings > Features > Dump NAND
- Verrify that your new dumped EmuNand is the one used by "EmuNand Channel" : settings > page 2 > User paths > EmuNand Channel Path
- Install the wad using the feature in USBLoader GX : settings > Feature > Install wad

so will there ever be some sort of ping/or watchdog to keep hdd's from goiing to sleep? or are all we owners of hdds without the option to disable sleep screwed?
I guess you are talking about GameCube games?
This is not USBLoader's behavior (which use cIOS), but DIOS MIOS behavior (which use MIOS).
It has to be included in DIOS MIOS, so it's not the correct thread to ask, we can't do anything about that.

Reactions: 1 person

d.d.d.

Trophies
XP
Country
I installed DM, completely reinstalled GX, used r1193 mod 2, set GC game path and still it tells me to copy game to USB. What am I doing wrong? ;_;
On USB
First partition
FAT32
Primary
Active

He could also be doing what I did, using the channel instead of the forwarder... :shy:
@Mario92, have you tried launching from the HBC??

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
yeah, maybe.

Always verify that you are using the correct revision.
Go to the credit page in the settings.

If you have the latest beta (1193 mod02), you will see "DIOS-MIOS" written in the top right.

But he said "it asks to transfer TO usb", not TO SD, so I guess he has the correct version which alert the user saying "DML need the game on USB, place your "Main GameCube Path" to USB Fat 32 partition.
He needs to go to the User Paths settings and change the folder.

Devante

Crescent fresh at best.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
yeah, maybe.

Always verify that you are using the correct revision.
Go to the credit page in the settings.

If you have the latest beta (1193 mod02), you will see "DIOS-MIOS" written in the top right.

But he said "it asks to transfer TO usb", not TO SD, so I guess he has the correct version which alert the user saying "DML need the game on USB, place your "Main GameCube Path" to USB Fat 32 partition.
He needs to go to the User Paths settings and change the folder.

Hey, Cyan, just wanted to say thanks for working on this.

Has anyone noticed the bug that I have: when using the American version of Castlevania: Judgement, it will show the Japanese banner with the Japanese sound (just calls out the game name).
Does this with disc or if running game from hard drive.

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
I'm doing what I can.
I'm not very good though :P

I'm currently checking why some gamecube games have incorrect colors with DIOS MIOS and certain forced video mode.
It's not easy to get everything correct in one pass, I need to test a lot of times x__x
I still don't understand everything, I try my best without breaking everything else.

Edit:
Oh, I'm making progress!
Colors are now correct when launching a game (particularly paper mario) from Disc with 60Hz.
nope, still wrong color with Disc.

I have different results :(
From ISO, only "Force PAL480p" is working
From Disc, only "Force NTSC480p" is working.

I'll have to try with the other loaders to see if they have the same results.
I think it's only an USB loader GX problem.

- Someone reported that launching Wii games shut down the console.
Anyone has the same problem?
reported on 2.3 and 3.0

- I have another problem myself:
Wii games size are wrongly detected from the retail discs, so I can't run it, and I can't dump it either.
Nobody else have this problem?

Mario92

Trophies
Website
steamcommunity.com
XP
Country
Finland
On USB
First partition
FAT32
Primary
Active

He could also be doing what I did, using the channel instead of the forwarder... :shy:
Well yeah I did have my GC path correct (as games show on list) and I did format my 500GB external to FAT32 32k cluster (even that it was pain in the a**)
Launching from HBC worked like charm! I was 100% sure I had forwarder instead of channel and I actually reinstalled that one, too!
I have installed this one and also tried one which installed trough installer.exe thingy.

Qetzlcoatl

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Russia
Just dumped my Wii nand to usb using USBLoader GX internal feature.
So, some questions:
- Where all saves of Wii disks backups started by USBLoader GX will be saved to - real nand or just created emunand? How it is controlled?
- Where all saves of Wiiwares that I will install into that emunand will be saved?
- Does "size" of emunand is limited to my FAT32 partition size or to real nand size?
- How unneded channels, including "standard" Wii channels can be uninstalled from emunand and does it safe to do?

Maverick Lunar X

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just dumped my Wii nand to usb using USBLoader GX internal feature.
So, some questions:
- Where all saves of Wii disks backups started by USBLoader GX will be saved to - real nand or just created emunand? How it is controlled?
- Where all saves of Wiiwares that I will install into that emunand will be saved?
- Does "size" of emunand is limited to my FAT32 partition size or to real nand size?
- How unneded channels, including "standard" Wii channels can be uninstalled from emunand and does it safe to do?

Someone should double check these, going from memory

1. There's a setting in Loader Settings I believe, as well as set the path in Custom Paths, you can also copy saves from real NAND to your emuNAND if you've played since dumping.
2. Loader Settings, set the emuNAND saves to full (This one in particular I can't remember for sure, think that's the name of the option, full for saving to emuNAND and off for saving to real NAND)
3. Limited to partition size I believe
4. The same way you would uninstall a game, for example if you're in Channel view mode, click on the channel, settings, uninstall menu.

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
in the loader settings (or in each individual game settings) you have these:

• EmuNand save : None / partial / full
none = don't use EmuNand for Wii game's saves. it will be saved in the real nand (wii)
partial = use the EmuNand only partially : the Mii and settings are used from the real NAND, but the saves are loaded/saved from emuNand.
Full = use the emuNand fully : everything is done in the emuNand (Save, config, network settings, wiimote synch, Mii, etc.)

This path is defined by "EmuNand Path", and is used ONLY for Wii games discs.

• EmuNand Channel : Partial / Full
none : can't be none. channels on emuNAND need to access data installed on the emunand.
Partial = ... I don't know, never used it. Could be "load settings/data/Mii/wiimote from EmuNAND Channel, but savegame on EmuNAND Save".
Full = Use the EmuNand fully : everything is loaded and saved on "Emulated NAND Channel path" for the channels (WiiWare/VC)

This path is defined by "EmuNand Channel Path".

• I don't know what's happening with channels installed on Real NAND.
I will have to check the sources to see how Partial/full is used.

Can someone test placing a real Wii Disc in the drive and tell me if the detected size is correct?
It's not correct on my Wii.

d.d.d.

Trophies
XP
Country
On USB
First partition
FAT32
Primary
Active

Well yeah I did have my GC path correct (as games show on list) and I did format my 500GB external to FAT32 32k cluster (even that it was pain in the a**)
Launching from HBC worked like charm! I was 100% sure I had forwarder instead of channel and I actually reinstalled that one, too!
I have installed this one and also tried one which installed trough installer.exe thingy.
I kinda thought your issue sounded exactly like what I went through.
The one you linked is the one I'm using now too. I first deleted the channel via the Wii menu and then via HBC, with MMM I installed the forwarder and all worked from then.
I'm not 100% sure but, is your forwarder working now?

somechris

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I love this loader! It is so convenient to access emunand, wii and gc games all from the same place. I really appreciate how quickly DML and DM support was added, too. DM support seems to work fine for me, except for the few games that are simply incompatible at the moment. The only thing I can't seem to get working is GC cheat files. Wii cheating has worked fine for me since day one. I have ocarina turned on, I have the hook set to VBI and I made sure to download codes and create the cheat file, but they never seem to actually work in game. Does the hook style need to be set to something different? Is there another setting I missed. I tried Mario Kart DD and Lego Star Wars 2, but no luck with cheating in either...

Maxternal

Peanut Gallery Spokesman
Trophies
Website
gbadev.googlecode.com
XP
Country
I love this loader! It is so convenient to access emunand, wii and gc games all from the same place. I really appreciate how quickly DML and DM support was added, too. DM support seems to work fine for me, except for the few games that are simply incompatible at the moment. The only thing I can't seem to get working is GC cheat files. Wii cheating has worked fine for me since day one. I have ocarina turned on, I have the hook set to VBI and I made sure to download codes and create the cheat file, but they never seem to actually work in game. Does the hook style need to be set to something different? Is there another setting I missed. I tried Mario Kart DD and Lego Star Wars 2, but no luck with cheating in either...
There's a few requirements that I think are sometimes overlooked:

The cheat file AND the folder name need to be named the same as the 6-digit GameID for that particular game.
The properly named GCT file goes in said folder right next to the game.iso file. It's something like /games/GameID/GameID.gct (just replacing GameID with the one that corresponds to that game)

EDIT : okay, looks like [member='Cyan'] knows the easy way for GX to do that for you and beat me to it.

gmarx138

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hoping someone can help me with a problem I'm having.

I've got no issues playing backups and vc through GX, but a handful of wiiware games just reset the wii when loaded. Cave Story and Bomberman Blast are the two I'd really like to get working.

I've tried all kinds of things, like different versions of d2x and loading from different isos, but it's been a while since I messed with it, so I don't really remember the specific fixes I've tried.

Can anybody hold my hand through this?

I'm on 4.3u.
I know that not all WiiWare/VC are working, but CaveStory is a working one (I'm playing it from EmuNAND).

The problem could be the Emulated NAND wasn't dumped using the current D2x or using USBLoader GX (different dumpers create different NAND)

You can try this:
- Install d2x v8 (if you have v9 beta, it should work too). Install base 56 in slot 249.
- Set a different path for the EmuNAND : Settings > Page 2 > User Paths > EmuNand Path (Change the path if you want to keep your old one, or delete the old one)
- Dump your real NAND using USBLoader GX feature : Settings > Features > Dump NAND
- Verrify that your new dumped EmuNand is the one used by "EmuNand Channel" : settings > page 2 > User paths > EmuNand Channel Path
- Install the wad using the feature in USBLoader GX : settings > Feature > Install wad

Thanks for the reply!

I followed your instructions, deleted my old nand folder, used d2xv8 final in base 56 slot 249, triple checked the paths, dumped the new nand, and still no luck. :(

Any other ideas?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Jayro @ Jayro:
    Eventhough the New 3DS XL is more powerful, I still feel like the DS Lite was a more polished system. It's a real shame that it never got an XL variant keeping the GBA slot. You'd have to go on AliExpress and buy an ML shell to give a DS phat the unofficial "DS Lite" treatment, and that's the best we'll ever get I'm afraid.
    +1
  • Jayro @ Jayro:
    The phat model had amazingly loud speakers tho.
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Jayro, I don't see whats so special about the DS ML, its just a DS lite in a phat shell. At least the phat model had louder speakers, whereas the lite has a much better screen.
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    They probably said "Hey, why not we combine the two together and make a 'new' DS to sell".
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It's a DS Lite in a slightly bigger DS Lite shell.
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It's not a Nintendo / iQue official product, it's a 3rd party custom.
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Nothing special about it other than it's more comfortable than the Lite
    for people with beefy hands.
    +1
  • Jayro @ Jayro:
    I have yaoi anime hands, very lorge but slender.
  • Jayro @ Jayro:
    I'm Slenderman.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I have hands.
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    imagine not having hands, cringe
    +1
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    ESPECIALLY for things I do to myself :sad:.. :tpi::rofl2: Or others :shy::blush::evil:
    +1
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    @SylverReZ if you could find a v5 DS ML you would have the best of both worlds since the v5 units had the same backlight brightness levels as the DS Lite unlockable with flashme
    but that's a long shot
    i think only the red mario kart edition phat was v5
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    A woman with no arms and no legs was sitting on a beach. A man comes along and the woman says, "I've never been hugged before." So the man feels bad and hugs her. She says "Well i've also never been kissed before." So he gives her a kiss on the cheek. She says "Well I've also never been fucked before." So the man picks her up, and throws her in the ocean and says "Now you're fucked."
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    lmao
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    anyways, we need to re-normalize physical media

if i didn't want my games to be permanent, then i'd rent them
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Agreed, that why I try to buy all my games on disc, Xbox anyways. Switch games (which I pirate tbh) don't matter much, I stay offline 24/7 anyways.
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    I don't pirate them, I Use Them :mellow:. Like I do @BigOnYa 's couch :tpi::evil::rofl2:
    +1
  • cearp @ cearp:
    @BakerMan - you can still "own" digital media, arguably easier and better than physical since you can make copies and backups, as much as you like.

The issue is DRM
  • cearp @ cearp:
    You can buy drm free games / music / ebooks, and if you keep backups of your data (like documents and family photos etc), then you shouldn't lose the game. but with a disk, your toddler could put it in the toaster and there goes your $60

:rofl2:
  • cearp @ cearp:
    still, I agree physical media is nice to have. just pointing out the issue is drm
    cearp @ cearp: still, I agree physical media is nice to have. just pointing out the issue is drm