• Likes 48

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
I think I have a similar problem myself.

I can't force PAL on an NTSC game on a PAL wii. It just hang on blackscreen after booting. (booting = USBloader completed all tasks successfully).
I tried older revision (even 2.2 instead of beta) and I got the same result.
I'll have to see what's wrong.

game_rat

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm using the latest version of GX and I'm using the wiitdb option to display my titles. There are several titles that I would like to rename but I'm not clear on how to do it. I've tried using the rename option on the disk screen but the change doesn't save. Is it possible to use wiitdb along with customized titles or do I have to turn off wiitdb?

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
You have to disable WiiTDB to show the internal/edited name of the WBFS file or WBFS partition.

There is currently no way to show both Wiitdb and custom title at the same time.
Maybe we could see if it's possible to add this feature while using Wiitdb. I don't know where it could be saved though, it will have to be inside a file reloaded everytime the game list is reloaded.

milkmanchris

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
HI Guys

Weird problem, hope you can help

Been using USBGX for a couple of years no worries at all.

Kids somehow managed to update Wii and I had to go down the route of reinstalling the softmod (following the modify any wii 4.3 and below)

All went fine, installed the latest channel.wad and now all we get is 'waiting for slow HDD', then it hangs on 'loading - loaded cIOS222 R65535' and needs a power down to clear it.

However if during the 'Waiting for slow HDD' screen I unplug the drive and plug it back in it boots the HDD straight away.

Hope you can help

actar

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Google translate MODE = ON

I have no problem using "full-emulation" (except only few games with online) with the last beta of GX (now at r1120) and d2x v7beta1...
....but my question is:
how to a dump in realNAND a savegame present in emuNAND?

I try tu use Save Game Manager GX but without any results.

bye :)

many thanks. =)

Google translate MODE = OFF

ps: I apologize if it has already been asked

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
SaveGameManagerGX is the correct tool to do it.

1. - First, play the game at least one time on your real wii NAND and create a save file.
2. - Go to SaveGameManagerGX and extract the save to your SD card.
3. - Check your SD card nand folder/titles/0001/(Game ID)/
and copy the files you find here.
4. - go to SD:/savegame/0001(GameID)/ (see there is only 1 folder, not 2 like on the NAND). and Paste and replace the files you copied on step 3.
5. - load savegameManagerGX on your Wii and write the same game to your console.

Reactions: 1 person

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
he want to do the contrary, going from nand emu to real nand.
he said savegameManagerGX didn't work, but I guessed it was because he didn't use the correct folder name, so I made him do a new dump first.

actar

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
SaveGameManagerGX is the correct tool to do it.

1. - First, play the game at least one time on your real wii NAND and create a save file.
2. - Go to SaveGameManagerGX and extract the save to your SD card.
3. - Check your SD card nand folder/titles/0001/(Game ID)/
and copy the files you find here.
4. - go to SD:/savegame/0001(GameID)/ (see there is only 1 folder, not 2 like on the NAND). and Paste and replace the files you copied on step 3.
5. - load savegameManagerGX on your Wii and write the same game to your console.
YEAAAAAA !!!.

You Rock !!
55.gif

Thanks a lot !

(tomorrow i'll try but I'm sure that it will works)

ps: Dimok, GX r1120 is a fantastic realse, really a good good work: thanks by all Italian user of hackwii

plasmata

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Let me start by saying I love USB Loader GX! I've been using it for a couple years now and I liked it so much from the start that I haven't even bothered to try the other loaders. However, for months now I've been having a problem with the theme manager and I just figured out how to work around it. I thought I'd post it here in case anyone else is running into it. If someone wants to code a fix, even better.

My issue was that I couldn't switch themes. I had successfully downloaded one and it applied fine. But when I chose a new one and applied it my wii would freeze. The background would be applied but then it would freeze and none of the icons would be applied. Sometimes the wiimote pointer would move and I would get feedback when I moved it to where I assume an icon should be but I couldn't blindly select it. Other times even the wiimote froze.

I am on GX v2.2 using d2x v6 base 56 and run it from the channel forwarder. I run everything from a usb drive with my backups on a wbfs partition and all my settings, cover images, etc on a fat partition on the same drive. I also use an SD card for DLC purposes. I write protected the card because I found my GX settings would sometimes get updated there instead of on my usb drive. Not sure when or how since it was easier to write protect than troubleshoot. I did check my custom path settings and all pointed to the usb drive.

So my workaround was that I had to remove the SD card before I launched the loader and left it out until after the new theme was successfully applied. I tried removing the SD card after launching the loader but before changing themes (my first try) but it still froze that way. So if anyone is having this issue, there you go. Its a simple workaround. For anyone with the ambition to code a fix, have at it. :)

the_randomizer

The Temp's official fox whisperer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is there a way to properly copy all the partitions from SSBB in order to get a working ISO to use with Qtwitgui/Wit? Using the default settings in USB Loader GX only gave me an incomplete rip. Am I making sense? GX has a progress bar (which is why I used it over CFG) but when I load SSBB on WIT and attempt to use the extract command, it tells me that the disc partitions are incorrect....how can I fix this? (I'm trying to extract the game data so I merge the image with altered textures/music).

Summary -

Can't use CFG loader to rip game since it takes >30 minutes and lack of progress bar, add the 1:1 partition command in config.txt
Can use USB Loader GX since it shows progress bar, but there seems to be no options for 1:1 partition ripping

Hielkenator

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Is there a way to properly copy all the partitions from SSBB in order to get a working ISO to use with Qtwitgui/Wit? Using the default settings in USB Loader GX only gave me an incomplete rip. Am I making sense? GX has a progress bar (which is why I used it over CFG) but when I load SSBB on WIT and attempt to use the extract command, it tells me that the disc partitions are incorrect....how can I fix this? (I'm trying to extract the game data so I merge the image with altered textures/music).

Summary -

Can't use CFG loader to rip game since it takes >30 minutes and lack of progress bar, add the 1:1 partition command in config.txt
Can use USB Loader GX since it shows progress bar, but there seems to be no options for 1:1 partition ripping

Use cleanrip!

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
GX removed the 1:1 option, because it doesn't need the update partition at all when playing from usbloaders.
But you have two different options:
* Remove update (and keep all other partitions).
* Game partition (and no other partition). I think it's on that one by default. Try the "remove partition" instead, and it should rip SSBB fully but without the update partition.

for clean 1:1 dump, use cleanrip :)

d_bizzzz

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
yea I was gonna ask about that, how can we have it so that the game played is listed in the messageboard history rather than the name usbloader ?

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
The play history can be enabled in the settings.
I think it's in the "features" menu.

Note that to get the correct time for each games, you have to always exit to Wii menu. (so you HAVE to disable the "return to" option).*
If you use the "return to" option, you will only have the last launched game before going to Wii menu.

When the log history is enabled, it write the game and the current time in a temporary file, when you exit to WiiMenu, the Wii menu automatically read this temporary file and compare with the current time to create the log history.

The log is not created by GX but by the Wii menu itself.
USBloaderGX can only create the temporary game booting file.

@funtomas:
We will have to check when the NandEmu is loaded (before or after writing the temporary Game Log).
Maybe it's writing it to the emu nand, but when you exit it reload the real nand, so of course it can't find how long you played. (it shouldn't even find the temporary file).
Maybe we'll have to check how this function is working and fix it.

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
thank for answer,

I can't exit to wii menu from any game.
When I ending game Wii goes to "health screen"
Maybe you have Priiloader set to reboot the wii/reload priiloader instead of Wiimenu? (I don't know Piiloader's option, I never used it)

Try changing the boot option in priiloader.
You may have to choose between your old setting or game log on exit.

actar

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
I wanted to point out this little "problem" about GX.
I'll try to explian it.

Example: i want to use my hdd, with the dump of my NAND with the wii of my friend.

The most obvious thing is to use the emulation ln "partial mode", in fact I want to use the Internet connection settings, the Wiimote, etc. .. etc. .. of my friend's Wii (which would not be possible using emulation in "full mode")

Problem: In some games like Mario Kart saves are closely related to mii, but using emulation in "partial mode" the Mii are loader from the realNAND:
Using my saves on another wii, the saves would not find the mii (as if it were been deleted).

I made some tests to confirm this:
I created a mii "Pippo"
Mario Kart has launched with emulation disabled, and I created a new license for "Pippo"
I did the dump of the nand from GX
so I went to delete the Mii on my Wii
Once I started GX... with:
emuNand disabled: can not find the mii (ok)
emuNand partials: can not find the mii (ok)
emuNand full: and instead correct to find the mii (still ok)

Let's say that right now, even if can find a lot more comfortable "partial emulation" has limitations that make it uncomfortable.

(in the case of Mario Kart driver's license, I can associate then to another mii present in realNand, but I do not think so for all titles)

The solution might be:
I think that using NAND in "partial mode", if there are Mii data in emuNAND (not having used a folder "nand" empty, but it is a real dump), as well as the saves should also be loaded mii data (perhaps by setting a higher priority to those present in realNAND).
I make the code for you as well: :lol:

if (mii_present_in_emuNAND)
loadMiiFrom_emuNAND
else
loadMiiFrom_realNAND

edit: now I'm using d2x v7b1 and gx r1120

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Mondooooo @ Mondooooo: im fucking motivated