Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Ok, then your drive should be in WBFS.
You can add games only using a manager (you can't browse the HDD content directly from the computer).

In that case, the games should work fine with Main IOS set to 249.
You can try to set the main IOS to 222 and restart the loader, sometime it helps with HDD detection, but if you can list the games it's already detecting the drive correctly.

I'm trying to think what could be the problem, but I don't get it.
(I'm also using old IOS version 17 and WBFS hard drive, so it's fine with that).

Is there a place on here that has a newer guide I could follow to reinstall these things? Sorry about being a pain, just trying to get everything to work after having the house robbed.
Don't worry, we will try to help you.

There are two guide you can follow.
The first one let you download everything in one place, then you place it on SD card and launch the installer. (you can't decide what you want, it's always installing the things decided by the user who wrote the guide. But it's good settings)

The other one is a program you launch and it lets you choose what you want to do and has latest version of the files. It will download the content according to your choices, and create a folder to copy to your SD card. It will also create a guide to explain what you need to launch, and in which order.
This one is the preferred method for a lot of people.

Just tell the program that you want to rehack your Wii (like if it was the first time) and he will prepare your SD card content.

kylster

mich weich töten
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
There are two guide you can follow.
The first one let you download everything in one place, then you place it on SD card and launch the installer. (you can't decide what you want, it's always installing the things decided by the user who wrote the guide. But it's good settings)
I like this guide however Wii Mod Batch (v2.9) cannot be found on the page; maybe i'm overlooking it but I can not even find it on filetrip.net nor google. Do you have a link?

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
I suppose it's provided by the guide's package you download, you don't have to find it yourself.
If it's not provided, then the guide is not user friendly (while it's objective is to be the most user friendly as possible, download, extract to SD, install on Wii without thinking)

kylster

mich weich töten
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I edited my post to reflect the 1st guide; but I will check again...

EDIT: I was more or less trying to find Wii Mod Batch via CTRL+F LoL but I believe I found it; I have to email someone and they send you the files.

EDIT2: It only takes me 15mins to mod someones Wii; This is just because it's more convenient so all I have to do is launch and load LoL.

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Yeah, it's better to read the guide carefully at least one time before starting it to not make any mistake ;)

@Alastos:
Any progress?
If you are not used to the Wii hacking, take your time to understand what you will have to do.
Read and ask first if needed, instead of doing things wrong.

williamayal

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Ecuador
Plz help me when I play Mario Kart Wii online, the USB Loader GX success at connecting, but disconnects me before i can join a game, it happens every time i try to play online, but when i play the game from my backup disc it connects just fine and i can play online normally, i try it all changing cios, settings, but i cant make it work plz help me. Sorry my poor english, this happen with any loader i try gecko configurable usb loader im using usb loader gx 2.3 d2xv7 base 58 21007, ill post my syscheck just in case.
​sysCheck GX v1.0.0 by Erik Spyder

sysCheck GX is running under IOS58 (rev 6176).

Console ID: 38360051.
Region: NTSC-U.
Hollywood v0x11.
Boot2 v2.
System Menu v54449 (?).
BC v5.
MIOS v65535.

Found 110 titles.
Found 40 IOS and 2 IOS Stubs on this console.

IOS 4 (rev 65280): Stub
IOS 9 (rev 54321): Trucha Bug, ES_Identify, NAND Access
IOS 10 (rev 768): Stub
IOS 11 (rev 54321): Trucha Bug, ES_Identify, NAND Access
IOS 12 (rev 11)
IOS 13 (rev 15)
IOS 14 (rev 262)
IOS 15 (rev 523)
IOS 16 (rev 54321): Trucha Bug, ES_Identify, FLASH Access, NAND Access
IOS 17 (rev 517)
IOS 20 (rev 54321): Trucha Bug, ES_Identify, NAND Access
IOS 21 (rev 522)
IOS 22 (rev 777)
IOS 28 (rev 1292)
IOS 30 (rev 16174): Trucha Bug, ES_Identify, NAND Access
IOS 31 (rev 3608)
IOS 33 (rev 3608)
IOS 34 (rev 3608)
IOS 35 (rev 3608)
IOS 36 (rev 65535): Trucha Bug, ES_Identify, NAND Access
IOS 37 (rev 3609)
IOS 38 (rev 3609)
IOS 50 (rev 54321): Trucha Bug, ES_Identify, NAND Access
IOS 53 (rev 5663): Trucha Bug, ES_Identify, NAND Access
IOS 55 (rev 5663): Trucha Bug, ES_Identify, NAND Access
IOS 56 (rev 5405): Trucha Bug, ES_Identify, NAND Access
IOS 58 (rev 6176): USB 2.0
IOS 60 (rev 54321): Trucha Bug, ES_Identify, NAND Access
IOS 61 (rev 5661)
IOS 70 (rev 54321): Trucha Bug, ES_Identify, NAND Access
IOS 80 (rev 54321): Trucha Bug, ES_Identify, NAND Access
IOS 90 (rev 54321): Trucha Bug, ES_Identify, NAND Access
IOS202 (rev 65535): Trucha Bug, ES_Identify, NAND Access, USB 2.0
IOS222 (rev 65535): Trucha Bug, ES_Identify, NAND Access, USB 2.0
IOS223 (rev 65535): Trucha Bug, ES_Identify, NAND Access, USB 2.0
IOS224 (rev 65535): Trucha Bug, ES_Identify, NAND Access, USB 2.0
IOS236 (rev 65535): Trucha Bug, ES_Identify, NAND Access
IOS247 (rev 21006): Trucha Bug, ES_Identify, NAND Access
IOS248 (rev 21006): Trucha Bug, ES_Identify, NAND Access
IOS249 (rev 21007): Trucha Bug, ES_Identify, NAND Access
IOS250 (rev 21007): Trucha Bug, ES_Identify, NAND Access
IOS254 (rev 65281)

Report generated on 1941-02-23.

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Are you using Nand Emulation?
The nand emu creates network problem.

But it's strange, your symptom is usually caused by the router/firewall.
It happens after you found the participant and try to connect to the game server, but as there's no ping response from the game server your wii just disconnect the game.

The meeting server is working, but not the play server.

You have to allow outgoing traffic on UDP and TCP ports:
28910, 29900, 29901, 29920
(80 and 443 too, but it should already work without you opening it).

Nintendo also says "Open all UDP ports to allow P2P traffic" but it's not recommended, and I don't know any nintendo games using P2P, it's all going through Nintendo servers.

But, if playing from disc is fine, then it's not the router.
You said you tried many cIOS, and it doesn't work with other USBloaders too (Config loader), so it's not a problem with USB loader GX.
It should come from your settings (wii, or network).

Oh, and your Wii's date is wrong.

williamayal

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Ecuador

It happens after you found the participant and try to connect to the game server, but as there's no ping response from the game server your wii just disconnect the game.

Nintendo also says "Open all UDP ports to allow P2P traffic" but it's not recommended, and I don't know any nintendo games using P2P, it's all going through Nintendo servers.

You said you tried many cIOS, and it doesn't work with other USBloaders too (Config loader), so it's not a problem with USB loader GX.
thanks for your fast answer, this is indeed strange, i havent sleep in 2 days trying to fix it i tried gecko usb cofigurable loader and usb loader and the same problem and gecko uses the backup disc but when i play with the backup disc it just works fine if the problem is with every loader it must be cios problem, im losing hope maybe i just need to use the backup disc and live with that.

Also i noted that i can play mario strikers charged with no problems from loaders

williamayal

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Ecuador
I managed to solve my problem thanks to Cyan (cyan ty very much), now i can play mario kart online i just have to change the date, but now i have another problem, ocarina doesnt work on any game always get black screen when i put ocarina on, even if they are no cheats.txt or gct file, i feel like a noob now, 1 problem solved another problem appears.

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
I learned something too, Mario kart care for your console's date then.

About the ocarina, be sure to set these settings:

Main settings > Loader >
Hooktype : either off, or default (VI). (if it's off but you enable ocarina, it will use VI as hooktype)
Debugger start in paused mode : Disabled

Game > settings > loader >
Hooktype : use global setting.
Ocarina : Enabled

Game > settings > Ocarina
First time, select yes to download the code list.
Then, select the codes you want to use and press "SAVE" or "Create" to create the Ocarina.cht file for your game.

Then you should be able to launch the game like always.
If it's not working then I'll have to try and debug it.

kirbymaster101

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada

Oh, and your Wii's date is wrong.
Wait so I also wouldn't be able to play Mario Kart wii off nand emu?:(
was planning to play all my wii games on the real nand and the saves get redirected to the nand right?

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
I think it's only the full NandEmu which has network problem, as it's using the network information from the emulated NAND, and not the real Wii's NAND.

I don't remember if I tried Mario Kart network on partial nandEmu.
Just try and you will see.

The d2x developers are working on fixing it, so the next D2x could work fine.

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
You never needed the ISO forwarders to launch channels, there's a channel launcher included in old versions too.

The ISO Forwarders are only used to list the games using nice covers in the game list, as if they were part of the Wii game collections. it looks nicer than plain text list with channels names installed on your Wii.

The VC/WiiWare channels are not listed in the main game list in 2.3, and won't be either in next version.
At best, the next release will feature a nicer Channel explorer instead of the title lister.

roubagalinhas

Trophies
XP
Country
the latest version is giving me error #002 for all games
try changing configuration of loader to 002 anti, my is fine.

i've downgraded to the previous version (that was working fine) and the problem remains, so it shouldn't be version related
probably is just my configuration file that is messed up.

btw, what's the default global option for error 2 fix? No, Yes or Anti?

AskaLangly

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.facebook.com
XP
Country
United States
Reporting a problem with the latest version: some titles (in this case Build 'n Race, S&SASR) have messed up DiscChan musics.

Build 'n Race, for example, plays Go Vacation's. Sonic & Sega plays nothing and goes back to the menu music. It is odd.

I also notice more crashes with the theme and sound settings, so yeah... Reverting.

Unless I should remove my config files?

Giever

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've been having an issue with USB Loader GX. Okay, story time.

Awhile ago, can't remember what revision I had, everything was working fine and happy. After some time, I decided to update both my ciso and USB Loader GX. So, now I'm using the latest USB Loader GX and (according to USB Loader GX) c2x v6 base56. Hopefully that's the right information.

Anyway, now it seems impossible for me to get any cover art or disc art to show up, or download, or whatever. If I try to click on the blank cover art and download covers+discs for my games, it gives me this error:

"Error !
Can't create directory usb8:/config/images/"

"Error !
Can't create directory usb8:/config/images/disc/"

"No file missing !"

(which isn't true)

So, I posted that this happened in this thread a bit ago. Some people tried to help and suggested some things and I can't remember what but none of it worked. Eventually, I tried to see if reformatting my hard drive with the games on it would help, since maybe it had some settings file on it somehow or something. So, now I've done that. I also eliminated any usb loader gx files I could find on my SD card before reinstalling it. Now I've retested this with my clean hard drive (just has Mario Kart Wii on, to test) and the newest version of USB Loader GX, with no previous configs lying around.

It gives the same error, and I basically just have no idea what to do. I wish I hadn't upgraded. :( But now I can't even remember what revision of USB Loader GX I was using or what cios I had, so, that's kind of a moot point.

EDIT: Also, I tried checking the custom paths section, because it seemed like it might be insightful. However, every single path there points to this same "usb8:/_______/_______/" for whatever folders it's referring to. If I try to select it to change the path, it says "Error" and that's all.

My drive is WBFS, for the record.

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
About the last two reports:
FIRST, don't tell "the last version" or "newest", there are a lot of "last" when we release different version regularly. There is a "last" released version, and a "last" beta version.

Always tell which version you are referring to, not "last".
For example :
- 2.3 official release.
- r1124 (for beta version). This one use a new libOGC revision, and need reports of any strange behaviour. So if you find something, tell us if it's r1124 or less.
thanks.

@AskaLangly :
I'm using the "real" last version, r1124, and my channel sound is just fine. It plays the correct game's sound.
I would like more info, like the real revision, cIOS used.

@Giever:

It's not a problem with the loader, it seems that it can't find your config file.
Maybe you updated from a very old version of GX (1.0 ?) and the new config file is using different path reference now.

You should completely delete all config files manually from your SD card and usb partition.
It should have done it automatically when upgrading from a too old version, but maybe it couldn't do it correctly.
verify that all configs are not present and try again. place an SD card, check it can be written, format it again maybe?

You can also try to :
- go to settings > page 3 > reset settings.
or
- go to settings > page 3 > path > select the main folder (install) > try to swapp the partition, it should scroll from SD>USB1>USB2>USBn>USB8

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Right onto uremums 3d printed dildo