• Likes 48

Giever

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@Giever:

It's not a problem with the loader, it seems that it can't find your config file.
Maybe you updated from a very old version of GX (1.0 ?) and the new config file is using different path reference now.

You should completely delete all config files manually from your SD card and usb partition.
It should have done it automatically when upgrading from a too old version, but maybe it couldn't do it correctly.
verify that all configs are not present and try again. place an SD card, check it can be written, format it again maybe?

You can also try to :
- go to settings > page 3 > reset settings.
or
- go to settings > page 3 > path > select the main folder (install) > try to swapp the partition, it should scroll from SD>USB1>USB2>USBn>USB8
I just tried everything you said. I entirely formatted my SD card, and only put USB Loader GX on there, nothing else. Then I reformatted my hard drive and just put one game on it. Everything happened exactly the same as I described earlier. Also, afterwards I tried it again, as well as resetting the settings, and that still didn't work.

As for the path settings, do you mean "Custom Paths" on page 3? If so, I can't seem to find a main folder or install section in there. It has 3D Cover Path, 2D Cover Path, Full Cover Path, Disc Artwork Path, Theme Path, GameTDB Path, Update Path, GCT Cheatcodes Path, TXT Cheatcodes Path, DOL Path, Homebrew Apps Path, BCA Codes Path, WIP Patches Path, Languagefiles Path, WDM Files Path, Wiinnertag Path, and Nand Emu Path.

And clicking on any of these just gives me a single "Error" message. I don't see anything that lets me swap the partition in there.

Raul8

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Cyan, are you sure full NandEmu has network problem? I have tried it with monster hunter and mario kart, both online and they perform normally.

Talking about full NandEmu, does it support ocarina? If it does I cant figure out how to, specifically with brawl+. (have tried all settings combinations)

AskaLangly

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.facebook.com
XP
Country
United States
Here you go...

USING r1123 and cIOS 249, I reinstalled Build 'n Race and Sonic/SEGA... CRASHES when attempting to access Go Vacation.

So, it is either I can't play 2 racing games that I enjoy, or I can't play the most recent Resort-like game.
Maybe there is some kind of sharing violation?

EDIT: Uninstalled BnR, SAME error. So, apparently if you have Sonic & Sega All-Stars Racing AND Go Vacation installed on the same drive, you can A) Load Go Vacation and when you load Sonic, it will get as far as the legal screen and freeze; no FMV, no game, or B) Reinstall Sonic after installing Go Vacation, and get a crash dump while even trying to access the game.

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Edit:
Oh, and for everyone, always tell if downgrading to a previous version (and which one!) fixed the problem.
if possible, tell the exact revision when it start bugging. Thanks.

@raul8:
nop, I'm not sure.
I based it on the d2x first post bug report, but it's based on v6, maybe you are using v7 beta/alpha?

I'll try ocarina with a partial/full nandemu. Though, I never tried Brawl+, I'll try with another game (I think I did try with NSMB, and it worked).
I'll report later.

@Giever:

Yeah, clicking any of them in the "Custom Paths" was fine. I talked about the "Update Path", as it's the one that should be where the loader is located "sd:/apps/usbloader_gx/".

How many partitions do you have on your HDD? which formats are they? and which capacity is your drive ? (3TB+ with 4k sectors?)
Is it connected to the slot0 (near the edge) or slot1?

When I go to the "Custom Paths" and click on any entry, I have a middle-bottom button.
It's listing the next available device or partition number. If I'm currently on SD, it's listing usb1:/, if I click on it, it shows the content of USB1:/ (fat32) partition so I can browse the path and select one.

You can also write the path manually by clicking the folder icon here:

If you can't select an entry to edit, maybe it's because it couldn't create or can't access the GXGlobal.cfg file.
if all entries are listed as usb8:/ then it's because it didn't find any device to write the configs to, and stayed on the last tested partition number (we are testing SD, then usb partition 1 to 8 to find a write enabled partition, FAT32/NTFS/ext234)

Do you have any GXGlobal.cfg created on any of your parititons or sd ?

Could you try WiiXplorer homebrew and try to list all partitions and device's content? tell me if it's working with Wiixplorer.

@AskaLangly:
We didn't change the booting sequence in 2.3 (r1123).
I don't understand why having a copy of another game on the same partition would affect the launched game. The other files are not accessed in game.
Except if you are using a WBFS partition, some WBFS manager are sometime mixing sectors and writing them into an already used sector from another game.

1. Are you using real NAND or emuNAND?
2. If using real one: do you have enough free blocks on your real NAND?
3. are you using Ocarina, is there a hooktype set in main or game setting? is debugger enabled?
4. Which partition type are you using?
5. Which cIOS do you use for the games ? (name, version, sub-version, base, all infos! "249" can be anything, even Nintendo anti pirating IOS! don't tell only the slot number, it's a really useless information)
6. No other games are crashing or conflicting?

Then, debug process would be:

Install all three games at the same time and try to load all three of them to verify that they are not working, then:

- Delete BnR but keep Sonic, then does "Go Vacation" work fine again ?
(you didn't specify if you can play it, you only said "load Go Vacation" and then talked about sonic).

if it works:
- Delete sonic and reinstall BnR : does Go Vacation work or not?

if it doesn't work:
- Delete Sonic and don't reinstall BnR : Does Go Vacation work now?

If you want to quote my post, quote only your part or the thing you want to talk about. Don't quote all the message for nothing.

Ace Overclocked

My CPU's hot but my core runs cold.
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
hey cyan
i have an issue updating directly for the wii, when i try to download the .dol file it says that filesize is -1 byte and it says it can't download it
thanks

AskaLangly

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.facebook.com
XP
Country
United States
Real NAND or emuNAND? Real
If real: enough free blocks? Roughly 400
Using Ocarina? No
Hooktype? Defaults
Debugger enabled? No
Partition? WBFS
cIOS? Defaults; 249. SysCheck for all. (http://sites.google.com/site/rjsec4ever/mp3/sysCheckGX.csv)
No other games crashing/conflicting? Affirmative
Extra: Using WBFS Manager 3.0.

EDIT: Removed & Reinstalled Go Vacation via WBFS Manager. Ran Loader. Game is loading fine. Reinstalled Build & Race via disc, plays correct Disc Channel sound, loads fine.

Ace Overclocked

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
hey cyan
i have an issue updating directly for the wii, when i try to download the .dol file it says that filesize is -1 byte and it says it can't download it
thanks
I'm having the same issue .... I'm using a 1TB drive thats formatted in WBFS , and I have an 8gig SD card
i have a 750 gb drive with a wbfs folder and a 2 gig card

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
@askaLangly:
Then it's working fine now?

Like I said, I suspected that the error could be cause by the WBFS partition (mixing game's data and corrupting them).
Some WBFS managers didn't marked the used/free block correctly, and when installing a game it then overwritten another game data because the block was marked as free when it wasn't.

So, the games are mixed together :(
only the last installed game should work working fine and be fully available.

you should use WBFS Manager 4.0 (not 3.0, there's certainly some bug fixes in the latest version).
Then try WiiBackupManager, load your drive partition.
If it finds any incorrect block reports, it should prompt you if you want to fix the free block table.
If you have some badly marked blocks, then WBFS manager incorrectly copied your games.
Use the fix command (it should prompt you if you want to marked free block as free).
drive > tools > WBFS > fix free block table

If you have some errors, I recommend that you reinstall your games using WiiBackupManager instead of WBFSManager.

The best choice would be to use Wiimms tools (wwt/wit) to verify your game's integrity.
But I it require Command lines knowledge.

Also, your "syscheck" is not informative at all.
I still don't know what is installed in your slot 249. but I guess it's Waninkoko's cIOSx rev21. (which base?)
when you need to report the content of an IOS, go to USBloaderGX Credit's page, it's all written at the top right of the screen.

You need to report :
name: Waninkoko/Hermes/d2x
version: 4/5, rev17/rev21, 1 to 7
Base (the IOS you used to create the cIOS) : 56/57/38/58 etc.
The slot number is not usefull at all, you don't even have to tell it.

@Aminemaster & Air :
I'll try it.
maybe the update link is wrong :/

Edit:
I'm doing a "dol only" update, and it's working fine.
Currently downloading "boot.tmp", and it's detected as r1123.
rebooting
Correctly loaded.

actar

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
I make some test with Driver San Francisco, and seem that the game freeze once finished the first mission: but only in some releae.

Here the test for all the relase that I found in the shared folder for beta revisions: ( http://www.mediafire.com/?t2x95zd9rz3rc )
(some release is missing. for example 1122 and 1109).

I try Driver SF, ALWAYS WITH A NEW PRIFILE
I use always the same configuration: loader and games on FAT32, dx2v7b1, cios249[56]

with r1100 (gx 2.2 final): OK, WORKS!!

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Thank you for all the tests :)

I think it's related to the PPC version used to compile the dol. it require PPC rev21.
Before the release of 2.3, dimok couldn't make it work, so he asked someone if the test version was still fine and he said yes, so we released 2.3 with the same setting as the working one.

r1123 should work :/

r1124 use a new libOGC and PPC r24
I don't have that game to do the tests myself :(

edit:
It was you who tested r1121 mod and said it worked !
@dimok
With 1121 mod no blackscreens between missions; i make 3 mission without any problem; I do not think it is important, but I use an hard disk in FAT32 both for loader and games

actar

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
@Cyan

Yes, but I think that now, the problem is only on the first mission.
In the test who I made first, I don't try to use a new profile.
That was a my fault, and I tryed only in the successive mission.

Now for every release i create a new profile and restart the game. ;)

I re-try now with 2.3 (using "DOWNLOAD All-in-one package v2.3" ) and the game freeze at the end of the first misison

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Thanks SanGor.
I think the first three paths shouldn't be a problem (I remember it was an old protection and was already fixed).
I don't know about sdhc and flash, I'll have to ask to Dimok.
It's strange that it worked only on some releases and not others.

Also, about Kirby not working on PAL unless set to english, is it because of the MetaFortress AP too?
It's testing if the dol is patched, right?
It guess there's a way to fix it too if Crediar could add Classic controller to the game.

edit:
Thanks Actar for the precision.

SanGor

Witchhunter
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Also, about Kirby not working on PAL unless set to english, is it because of the MetaFortress AP too?
It's testing if the dol is patched, right?
It guess there's a way to fix it too if Crediar could add Classic controller to the game.

correct, any change to the main.dol will sooner or later cause the game to freeze.
And if you remove ALL checks then you can of course patch anything you want, which crediar seems to have done.

roubagalinhas

Trophies
XP
Country
I make some test with Driver San Francisco, and seem that the game freeze once finished the first mission: but only in some releae.

Here the test for all the relase that I found in the shared folder for beta revisions: ( http://www.mediafire.../?t2x95zd9rz3rc )
(some release is missing. for example 1122 and 1109).

I try Driver SF, ALWAYS WITH A NEW PRIFILE
I use always the same configuration: loader and games on FAT32, dx2v7b1, cios249[56]

with r1100 (gx 2.2 final): OK, WORKS!!

Ace Overclocked

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
My best guess is that you are using a SDHC card, @air2004. I have a 2GB card installed (for SSBB reasons).

@aminemaster, how did you resize your Wiinnertag signature to 500x150?
i didn't resize it
also cyan the update thing isn't a big problem but on the other side, winnertag won't work, i used the instructions from winnertag's site and it didn't work (added that line to some main.cfg file) and i don't think the problem is internetz as i can download my covers and the wiitb and the language files

SanGor

Witchhunter
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
so far the tintin game is looking for:

Code:
/dev/sdio/sdhc
/dev/flash
/dev/mload
/dev/usb2
/dev/usb123

all UBIsoft games seem to do the same, maybe nintendo even supplies the functions?

The game also uses the Metafortress protection, see the .elf file on the disc.

edit: nvm those two (dev/listen the other was the BT dongle of the wii :P)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: m