• Replies 29,365
  • Likes 48

kylster

mich weich töten
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes there is a way for you to do an update and not lose any homebrew.

Grab WiiMod2.9 < http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=272321

This is just like using MultiModManager but with slight more options.

Select "System Menu" option
  • Choose which System Menu you would like to install; you can choose a System Menu as low as 2.0. (I choose 4.1 cause it the last one to support other region wii games)
  • Choose Region U/k/e/j which ever your region is
  • Select "Yes" to both Set Revision & Required IOS
  • Choose IOS slot the new System Menu will run off (I always choose IOS123 but you can choose any one)
  • Set version to 65535 (this will prevent your System Menu from ever updating even from disc or online updates)
Be sure to reinstall Priiloader and if you need a new hacks_hash for running off this new System Menu let me know and I can share the link. Credit goes to JoostinOnline for making this
tongue.gif

When your done your will have a fresh System Menu installed running off IOS123 version 65535(which is the highest version possible
smile.gif

Now all you need to do is install IOS249 with a version number 65535. You dont have to but if this step is not done IOS249 always gets STUB unless you install it with the max version number. You could always just reinstall it after updating but i'm lazy LoL

Hielkenator

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
kylster said:
Yes there is a way for you to do an update and not lose any homebrew.

Grab WiiMod2.9 < http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=272321

This is just like using MultiModManager but with slight more options.

Select "System Menu" option
  • Choose which System Menu you would like to install; you can choose a System Menu as low as 2.0. (I choose 4.1 cause it the last one to support other region wii games)
  • Choose Region U/k/e/j which ever your region is
  • Select "Yes" to both Set Revision & Required IOS
  • Choose IOS slot the new System Menu will run off (I always choose IOS123 but you can choose any one)
  • Set version to 65535 (this will prevent your System Menu from ever updating even from disc or online updates)
Be sure to reinstall Priiloader and if you need a new hacks_hash for running off this new System Menu let me know and I can share the link. Credit goes to JoostinOnline for making this
tongue.gif

When your done your will have a fresh System Menu installed running off IOS123 version 65535(which is the highest version possible
smile.gif

Now all you need to do is install IOS249 with a version number 65535. You dont have to but if this step is not done IOS249 always gets STUB unless you install it with the max version number. You could always just reinstall it after updating but i'm lazy LoL

Region free 4.1 is only usefull for retail import games or if you are loading discs with a modchip. USB loading is NOT affected at all whatever SM you are on.
Install the d2x cIOS with base 56 and 57 in slots 249 and 250 respectivily.

Use modmii to get all the files and get up to date, With everything keeping/ updating your softmod.

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
I can't reply in Dimok's place, but he had to write different/new functions to do the same things that old cIOS did (like "return to", as the cIOS is doing it now) and made a check for which cIOS version/base/revision the user installed.

ReturnTo and Block cIOS reload code was provided by d2x developers, but I think Dimok coded other related functions.
if you know a little how to code in C/C++ you can check the sources.

crwys

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Cyan said:
I can't reply in Dimok's place, but he had to write different/new functions to do the same things that old cIOS did (like "return to", as the cIOS is doing it now) and made a check for which cIOS version/base/revision the user installed.

ReturnTo and Block cIOS reload code was provided by d2x developers, but I think Dimok coded other related functions.
if you know a little how to code in C/C++ you can check the sources.

Ah ok well thank you.

kylster

mich weich töten
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
QUOTE said:
Hey guys. Thinking about buying the Zelda Skyward Sword limited edition when it comes out, but I think Nintendo probably have some kind of update in the DVD that will delete my homebrew?

Some way to skip the update? Probably should have put this in the NeoGamma section? tongue.gif Oh well.... Thanks guy

QUOTERegion free 4.1 is only usefull for retail import games or if you are loading discs with a modchip. USB loading is NOT affected at all whatever SM you are on.

Use modmii to get all the files and get up to date, With everything keeping/ updating your softmod.
Your right but by the way he worded it I dont think he was referencing any cIOS but a softmod itself. I could have mentioned Priiloader hacks but this is the way i see best for inexperienced people to keep up with their Wii; at least those with Wifi or still use original discs.

Moeca10

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
kylster said:
QUOTE said:
Hey guys. Thinking about buying the Zelda Skyward Sword limited edition when it comes out, but I think Nintendo probably have some kind of update in the DVD that will delete my homebrew?

Some way to skip the update? Probably should have put this in the NeoGamma section? tongue.gif Oh well.... Thanks guy

QUOTERegion free 4.1 is only usefull for retail import games or if you are loading discs with a modchip. USB loading is NOT affected at all whatever SM you are on.

Your right but by the way he worded it I dont think he was referencing any cIOS but a softmod itself. I could have mentioned Priiloader hacks but this is the way i see best for inexperienced people to keep up with their Wii; at least those with Wifi or still use original discs.

Is it possible to insert the DVD, and get all the files over to the HDD USB, and still skip updates? Because my Wii makes ALOT of noise when a disc is spinning inside.

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Of course, it's what's called "dumping the game" to the HDD.

When you are in USBloaderGX, just insert the DVD (or click the (+) icon), and it will ask you if you want to dump the game to HDD.
In the loader setting you can choose :

- dump path : Either all in the same folder, or create sub-folder per games and choose the folder name format (I think it's usually the later that users are choosing)
- dump type :
* "Only game partition" works for 99% of the games, it will dump only the game data (no update partition).
* "remove update" will remove the update only and keep all other partitions (SSBB have multiple partitions tables, and many partitions, one for each Virtual console). Usually needed if you want to keep channels installer for games with a channel (mariokart, wifit, etc.)
* 1:1 has been removed. if you want to dump the game with the update partition, use a dumper homebrew (like CleanRip).

Hielkenator

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
kylster said:
QUOTE said:

Well, modmii gets all files in 1 go, and you'd anly have to use wadmanager and dont have to worry about setting up an Internet connection or that the connection will fall out during use of a WiFi update.

IMHO Doing it the modmii way is much safer, as installation is offline entirely.'
Both methods work though. It's just prefferance.

Hielkenator

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Etheboss said:
Hielkenator said:
I am in need for a priiloader0.7 compatible forwarder .dol for usbl gx.
Can someone help me?
Have you tried extracting the dol from the usbloader channel forwarder and using that one?

I got a forwarder to GX from the modmii forwarder .dol maker with help from Joostinonline
Work fine as long as I have the forwarder channel installed.

pjmorie

Trophies
XP
Country
I have been using cfg USB Loader V70 since I softmodded my 4.3E Wii a few weeks back with ModMii but I have now also installed USB Loader GX as a channel from the front page so as to be able to play the new Driver game (goes to black screens after each mission with cfg).
If I try and play Call Of Duty: Black Ops (NTSC) it gets stuck on the loading screen. I originally had the same issue with cfg but after changing the IOS from 249 to 250 (have cIOS250[57]-d2x-v6 and cIOS249[56]-d2x-v6 both installed) to game runs fine. I have tried the same change on USB Loader GX but the game fails to load. Is there other settings to be changed to get this to run?

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
No, not as far as I know.
I think you just need a cIOS with base 57.

Nobody reported that the game didn't work on latest version.
Could you try to run it from HBC? (v2.2 (which is r1100) and latest beta r1111)

HBC shouldn't change anything.
But it's easier to test version without having to install a new wad each time
tongue.gif

pjmorie

Trophies
XP
Country
Cyan said:
No, not as far as I know.
I think you just need a cIOS with base 57.

Could you try to run it from HBC? (v2.2 (which is r1100) and latest beta r1111)

HBC shouldn't change anything.
But it's easier to test version without having to install a new wad each time
tongue.gif

Using the HBC to lauch the USB Loader GX the game will load around 20% of the time using IOS250 (cIOS250[57]-d2x-v6), the other 80% of the time it just boots to a black screen. When I change the boot.dol file to the one in r1111 folder the game loads 100% of the time still using IOS250.
Thanks for the help.
Using the r1111 update 'Driver San Francisco' now goes to black screens at the end of each mission.

T

TheRealVisitor

Cyan said:

Daveboal reported to Dimok some days ago and I saw a small discussion in GX beta "thread" on google code page.
Driver works fine with base 56 on GX 2.0, 2.1, 2.2 and up to beta 1107, but not on 1108. Didn't test 1111 with Driver.

Etheboss

Official LULWUT supporter
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
TheRealVisitor said:
Cyan said:

Daveboal reported to Dimok some days ago and I saw a small discussion in GX beta "thread" on google code page.
Driver works fine with base 56 on GX 2.0, 2.1, 2.2 and up to beta 1107, but not on 1108. Didn't test 1111 with Driver.
Not sure there either, i saw a comment on the driver topic from someone using GX r1107, saying it blackscreened after 2 hrs.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://imgur.com/gallery/YA4kJ6L