• Likes 48

Giever

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Cyan said:
If you don't have a \config\ folder on your SD card it should create the .cfg files into the usbloader_gx\ folder (we changed the default path few releases ago).

Though, it doesn't create the config file if it can find them either on :
SD:\apps\usbloader_gx\
SD:\config\
USBx:\apps\usbloader_gx\
USBx:\config\
(x = each of possible FAT32/NTFS partitions, 1 to 8).

Try going into the custom path menu into GX.
Click on a path with usb8:\xxx\xxx\

Try exploring that device to first see if the device really exists (I think it doesn't), and if you can explore it then check to see if there is something else on that drive that you may recognize.

Maybe you can try Wiixplorer too.

Try connecting the drive to your computer, and go into manage disk to see the partitions.
Maybe you have a hidden FAT32 or NTFS partition without a letter, so it's not shown on Windows, but detected and used in other devices (only windows can hide by not assigning a letter).
Well, it doesn't seem to create any .cfg files anywhere (on my SD card, at least). Also, probably because of this, any settings I change get reverted the next time I launch it. I've tried going into the custom path menu. For instance, if I click on the 3D Cover Path, which says this: "usb8:/config/images/" a window just pops up that simply says "Error" and all I can do is click OK to get out of it. This seems to happen for clicking on any of the custom paths.

I put Wiixplorer on my Homebrew Channel and can launch it, but I don't really understand how to explore my USB drive with it (or my SD card, for that matter).

Also, I checked on Windows and the drive I use seems to just be one whole partition (WBFS). It didn't show any other sections.

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
So you have only wbfs partition and the SD card.
You can't switch to SD card at all because you have an error right after clicking on a path...

Using Wiixplorer was only to verify that it didn't detect another partition on your USB drive.
And also seeing if you could browse your SD card correctly.

Wiixplorer should have loaded your SD card automatically, where you could see folders and files. easy to navigate.
So if you didn't notice how to browse the SD content it's really strange.
Maybe your SD card has a problem and it can't be detected by the loader, so as it can't open SD nor any usb partition, it show the last partition it tried to open (8th) in all the path.

Which format is your SD ? FAT or FAT32? SD or SDHC? (all those work fine. it's just to know)
You could try to reformat it, or at least defragment it if it's needed.

If all fail, try another SD card. (Or try it first, it will be fixed before trying a lot of unnecessary things
tongue.gif
)

Giever

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Cyan said:
So you have only wbfs partition and the SD card.
You can't switch to SD card at all because you have an error right after clicking on a path...

Using Wiixplorer was only to verify that it didn't detect another partition on your USB drive.
And also seeing if you could browse your SD card correctly.

Wiixplorer should have loaded your SD card automatically, where you could see folders and files. easy to navigate.
So if you didn't notice how to browse the SD content it's really strange.
Maybe your SD card has a problem and it can't be detected by the loader, so as it can't open SD nor any usb partition, it show the last partition it tried to open (8th) in all the path.

Which format is your SD ? FAT or FAT32? SD or SDHC? (all those work fine. it's just to know)
You could try to reformat it, or at least defragment it if it's needed.

If all fail, try another SD card. (Or try it first, it will be fixed before trying a lot of unnecessary things
tongue.gif
)
Well, I mean, my SD card seems to be working fine for launching USB Loader GX itself, as well as any other homebrew app. Plus just, like, 2 days ago, it was working fine with USB Loader GX, as well as various emulators and such. I did end up formatting it after I decided to upgrade USB Loader GX. It's 8gb and FAT32, I believe. Thanks for trying to help so far. I guess I'll try a couple of different things and just hope for the best, cause I really have no idea what the issue is at this point. @_@

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
ah, it already worked fine with an older version of GX?
I thought you just installed it for the first time.

so if old version worked, try returning back to 2.0 or 2.1 and see if it's only 2.2 which doesn't work.
Also, there's a newer version than 2.2 (beta 1108 (version IOS249))

pakistexican88x

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm having a problem where after everytime I finish playing a game, the next time I go to start USB loader it won't recognize the hard drive and selects the sd card instead.. I have to go back into HBC and load it up again to get it to read the hard drive. Sometimes it won't even start the game. It will just go back into HBC after I start the game up. I would have to restart the Wii to fix this.

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
I think this is a HDD problem, it may needs more time to start.
You don't have a countre when you boot USBLoader which tells you "wait until the drive is ready" ?

Though, when you say that : "it won't recognize the hard drive and selects the sd card instead.."

Is it because you have boot.dol on the HDD instead of the SD card? or the config files?
Because it can't select and show you the SD card content, it works only with games on USB.

Or always go back to HBC, unplug and replug the drive before restarting USBloader and see if it fix the problem.
Try another HDD if you can.

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
No, the partition format shouldn't cause any problem as long as you are using the correct cIOS (v17+) and the latest forwarder (now v4.0).
I don't know why you need to switch off the console after playing.

What do you mean by "it select the SD card instead" then?
There's no game on SD card, how can it select/load/show games from it?

GartimusPrime

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok....stupid question...In rev 1108 what is the Nand Emulation Option? Is it so you can save games to Emu Nand or is it the ability to play Wiiware/VC from hard drive? If so how do I use it?

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
It's for saving games on the emulated NAND.
I won't rewrite all the explanation, it was 3 page back. (you could have search the topic pages around the 1108 release date).

Cyan said:
About the Nand emulation:

Partial:
It will use /titles/ folder from the device:/Nand/ path you set in the setting. (it will read/write saves on this folder)
It will use your Wii real NAND for all the rest (loading Mii, Wii region settings and network setting for example)

Full:
Will use the full device:/Nand/ folder as if it was your Wii (save, Mii, game log, Wii settings, etc.)
Attention, you need to use your own Wiimote (if you go to someone else home and use his wii, his wiimote won't be associated with your Nand dump).

Place:
If you use USB to store the emulated Nand, It's recommended to place it on a different partition than the launched game.
It's better to use SD card, though I didn't try games with SD card access (SSBB for example).

Empty Nand:
An empty Nand (just select an empty folder) can be used with Partial emulation option.
The required folders will be created to save the games on your SD or USB instead of the Wii internal memory.

Of course Full emulation option require a real Nand dump or a fully created one (like the one created for Sneek).

Moose13

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
OK, I've been away from my Wii for a long time. I tried updating GX from version 874 to 1100. I get a black screen now.
I tried updating the IOS58 and cIOSX rev21d2x v6 and I still get a black screen upon load.

I deleted the config files from the SD card, but that didnt help either.

Maybe these's other Cios/IOS files that need updating?

My Wii is on 4.1U

One more thing...when I try to install the forwarder from WAD manager, I get ERROR! (ret = -1029)

Thanks in advance.

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
ret -1029 = use a newer wad manager (at least Wad Manager 1.7 if you use Waninkoko Wad Manager)

You didn't give enough detailed informations.

About the blackscreen, where and when did that happen?
When booting the homebrew or when trying to launch a game?

You don't need other cIOS: IOS58 will be used for forwarder, cIOS d2x v6 base56 will be used to launch the loader and games.
you correctly installed a base 56 right? not a base 58?
You installed it into slot 249 ? you are correctly using USBloaderGX version 249 too? (both slot and version have to match).

Verify that you don't have config files on USB HDD partition too
(except if you only have a WBFS partition).
Config files can be in :
SD:\Config\
best way is to delete both folders completely and re-install usbloader v2.2.
(keep your image folders to put them back)

justkevin

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I'll just put this here, if it's the wrong place please (re)move it.
I have a problem with USB Loader GX. I installed the latest version (2.2) a few weeks ago because I had bought a portable HDD to put my games on. Did look in the compatibility list before the purchase but I came out right, so I thought. The same device (ADATA 320 GB CH94 2.5") is listed as working but my USB Loader GX can't seem to find it. I loads games from my Cruzer USB stick but when I put my HDD in it just says 0 GB room and no game (wsfb partition, same contents as the Cruzer). Two things I can think off are: possible my Wii is newer than the ones just by the people in the list (LEM-serial) or my HDD is from a different batch. But I have no idea if either of those things realy matter.
Perhaps there is something in the area of cIOS's or other homebrew things I can/need to change but I don't really have any idea where to start.

So anyone has any clues/ideas/questions/thought? Everything is appreciated
smile.gif

Thanks in advance!

Kittymat

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
justkevin said:
I'll just put this here, if it's the wrong place please (re)move it.
I have a problem with USB Loader GX. I installed the latest version (2.2) a few weeks ago because I had bought a portable HDD to put my games on. Did look in the compatibility list before the purchase but I came out right, so I thought. The same device (ADATA 320 GB CH94 2.5") is listed as working but my USB Loader GX can't seem to find it. I loads games from my Cruzer USB stick but when I put my HDD in it just says 0 GB room and no game (wsfb partition, same contents as the Cruzer). Two things I can think off are: possible my Wii is newer than the ones just by the people in the list (LEM-serial) or my HDD is from a different batch. But I have no idea if either of those things realy matter.
Perhaps there is something in the area of cIOS's or other homebrew things I can/need to change but I don't really have any idea where to start.

So anyone has any clues/ideas/questions/thought? Everything is appreciated
smile.gif

Thanks in advance!

What cios's do you have installed. Use modmii to install 249 d2xv6 Base 56 and 250 Base 57. 2 types of GX are available 222 and 249 try both hermes and waninkoko cio's have differing compatibility ( I have a hard drive that works on 222 but not 249). Try Fat32 for the hard drive, it is in the long term a lot more stable.

Moose13

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Cyan said:
ret -1029 = use a newer wad manager (at least Wad Manager 1.7 if you use Waninkoko Wad Manager)

You didn't give enough detailed informations.

About the blackscreen, where and when did that happen?
When booting the homebrew or when trying to launch a game?

You don't need other cIOS: IOS58 will be used for forwarder, cIOS d2x v6 base56 will be used to launch the loader and games.
you correctly installed a base 56 right? not a base 58?
You installed it into slot 249 ? you are correctly using USBloaderGX version 249 too? (both slot and version have to match).

Verify that you don't have config files on USB HDD partition too
(except if you only have a WBFS partition).
Config files can be in :
SD:\Config\
best way is to delete both folders completely and re-install usbloader v2.2.
(keep your image folders to put them back)

Thanks Cyan!!!
Once I updated the Wad Manager, I was able to install the forwarder and all was well again.
BTW, it was a black screen when I started the homebrew.

Thanks again!

justkevin

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Thanks Kittymat
smile.gif
I already had cIOS 249 & 250 d2xv6 base 58 but when I installed the other two cIOS's you suggested USB Loader GX suddenly recognized my HDD ^^ I'll now try it with a regular FAT32 partition and a wsfb-folder. Thanks
smile.gif

Moeca10

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
Hey guys. Thinking about buying the Zelda Skyward Sword limited edition when it comes out, but I think Nintendo probably have some kind of update in the DVD that will delete my homebrew?

Some way to skip the update? Probably should have put this in the NeoGamma section?
tongue.gif
Oh well.... Thanks guys

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fhN3stcB0is