• Views 7,175,144
  • Replies 29,365
  • Likes 48

ThaDraGun

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Anyone know if downloading the wiitdb.zip will ever be added to this loader again? I know you can hit the button and then open the text file, then download the file from the link but thats a pain. It was so much better when it could be downloaded straight to the wii.

Why did the change it anyways? if the loader can generate a url and stick it in a txt file it can obviously download directly really easily since it knows where to get it.
just wondering.

p2dewit

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
ThaDraGun said:
Anyone know if downloading the wiitdb.zip will ever be added to this loader again? I know you can hit the button and then open the text file, then download the file from the link but thats a pain. It was so much better when it could be downloaded straight to the wii.

Why did the change it anyways? if the loader can generate a url and stick it in a txt file it can obviously download directly really easily since it knows where to get it.
just wondering.

When updating your GX version with "update all" the Wiitdb.zip is also downloaded and updated automatically (as well as the language files).

I get a code dump btw when reaching the "update language files" status with the latest GX version (and Wanin rev14).

Poliwrath

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
emupaul said:
USB Loader Gx ReadMii

I did check the Readmii
tongue.gif
It says on there: "Also in this folder you can put a file called titles.txt to change the names of the games as seen in the loader if you are too much of a p.... to edit them directly on the WBFS"

QUOTE(Seyiji @ Aug 2 2009, 02:21 PM) titles.txt is no longer supported by USB Loader GX
tongue.gif

If you want to have your games be automatically renamed use wiitdb.zip

Oh right, thanks
tongue.gif

I think the problem was my wiitdb couldn't be accessed. I have no idea why, I've just updated USB Loader GX and it's working fine now though, all the titles are as they should be.
Thanks for the help.

One more thing: The homebrew launcher doesn't work for me within USB Loader GX - Whenever I try to load homebrew (Mplayer CE, SNES9x GX etc) the Wii just crashes - but they load fine from the homebrew channel O.o Does anybody know what could be causing this? My Wii is 4.1 and I have cIOS38 rev 14.

tj_cool

Site dev
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Smiff said:
is this the right version of Hermes 222 to install for GX?
http://www.tehskeen.com/viewarticle.php?articleid=4426

and what install options are needed (if any?)
thanks
Why don't you try them?
If they don't work, the correct ones should be in the downloads of the readmii
I think its IOS222 as 36 merge 37 and IO223 as 36 or something

Poliwrath said:
QUOTE(emupaul @ Aug 2 2009, 02:20 PM) USB Loader Gx ReadMii

I did check the Readmii
tongue.gif
It says on there: "Also in this folder you can put a file called titles.txt to change the names of the games as seen in the loader if you are too much of a p.... to edit them directly on the WBFS"
Got it
Deleted

Smiff

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
tj_cool, sorry i don't like trying random things installed on my wii when i don't know if they're right. unlike the loader on the SD card where i can just change files easily.
just above was a discussion saying cIOS 222 rev 3 was the best cIOS with this loader, but no links or hint which package that comes from or how to install it. if one of those people (0ld8oy, p2dewit) could please confirm that'd be helpful to everyone. you could then add it to the readmii.

tj_cool

Site dev
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Smiff said:
tj_cool, sorry i don't like trying random things installed on my wii when i don't know if they're right. unlike the loader on the SD card where i can just change files easily.
just above was a discussion saying cIOS 222 rev 3 was the best cIOS with this loader, but no links or hint which package that comes from or how to install it. if one of those people could please confirm that'd be helpful to everyone.
I understand
the ones in the readmii should work
http://www.mediafire.com/?d0yjdmaz2md

Smiff

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
thanks i'm not doubting the readmii version will work, but i want to install the best version and install it right first time, because i can't afford to replace my wii right now
tongue.gif
cIOS249 is working ok but i want 222 ready for some games that need it.

0ld8oy or p2dewit can you please confirm your source for 222 and installation type. thanks
smile.gif

edit: we are of course talking about its use with loader GX.

there was a guy above me asking the same thing and this never gets answered, sorry to sound frustrated.

p2dewit

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Smiff said:
thanks i'm not doubting the readmii version will work, but i want to install the best version and install it right first time, because i can't afford to replace my wii right now
tongue.gif

0ld8oy or p2dewit can you please confirm your source for 222 and installation type. thanks
smile.gif

there was a guy above me asking the same thing and this never gets answered, sorry to sound frustrated.

I got 222/223 cIOS from http://usbloadergx.koureio.net/downloads (is the same as within ReadMii)
I installed 222 with all defaults given by the installer and 223 as IOS36 merged with IOS38.
All games that don't work with IOS249 work fine with IOS222 after above installation. IOS223 is needed by Rockband a similar games (if i recall correctly).

You can change instalation anytime btw, new installation just overwrites the old one.

retKHAAAN

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Smiff said:
tongue.gif

smile.gif

cIOS 222 rev 3 is included with this download. It's located in the apps folder.

This is my set-up which works perfectly with all games except for the "disc in drive" games. For those games simply insert any dvd disc into the drive before booting or set their individual boot to 249 rev12 or higher. Zero lag in The Conduit multiplayer menu. Faster load times. Less buggy than any revision of 249. Hermes knows USB.

cIOS 222 rev 3 set as my global boot
Global 002 fix set to ANTI
Make sure you delete your game settings config file and start a new one. You shouldn't have to delete your global config, just adjust the settings.

Lots of people do different things but here's my 222/223 installation:
222 installed as 37 merge 36
223 installed as 38 merge 36

I currently don't have any games that I would use the 38 merge 36 for since I don't play Rockband/Guitar Hero etc...

Any other questions, feel free to ask.

Smiff

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
excellent, thank you both!
will try this later.
thanks for the clear explanation
smile.gif

although it seems you have slightly different installations so i'll go with 0ld8oy's i think.

edit: i have one question, when you say "any disc" do you mean literally e.g. a bank DVD?

ok just a heads up for people: installing 37 merge 36 needs an internet connection
i see "error making http request" quite a lot
ok that's quite scary installation but seems to work, seems perhaps a little faster than 249rev10.. thanks. won't bother with the 223 one thing until i need that.

Royusmc

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
0ld8oy said:
Smiff said:
tongue.gif

smile.gif

cIOS 222 rev 3 is included with this download. It's located in the apps folder.

This is my set-up which works perfectly with all games except for the "disc in drive" games. For those games simply insert any dvd disc into the drive before booting or set their individual boot to 249 rev12 or higher. Zero lag in The Conduit multiplayer menu. Faster load times. Less buggy than any revision of 249. Hermes knows USB.

cIOS 222 rev 3 set as my global boot
Global 002 fix set to ANTI
Make sure you delete your game settings config file and start a new one. You shouldn't have to delete your global config, just adjust the settings.

Lots of people do different things but here's my 222/223 installation:
222 installed as 37 merge 36
223 installed as 38 merge 36

I currently don't have any games that I would use the 38 merge 36 for since I don't play Rockband/Guitar Hero etc...

Any other questions, feel free to ask.
Can you please let us all know what game is better with cios222 other then house of the dead 2/3 for the ios reload block. I have Guitar Hero and it plays fine with cios38rev14 for me. The Guitar I have uses the wii remote so no usb is needed. I only ask because I have not had a problem so far, but there must be a reason why people use cios222. I just want to know why. Thanks.

retKHAAAN

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Royusmc said:
Can you please let us all know what game is better with cios222 other then house of the dead 2/3 for the ios reload block. I have Guitar Hero and it plays fine with cios38rev14 for me. The Guitar I have uses the wii remote so no usb is needed. I only ask because I have not had a problem so far, but there must be a reason why people use cios222. I just want to know why. Thanks.

Well, my switch to cIOS222 came with The Conduit. I wanted to play the multiplayer but the menus would lag horribly and crash. I tried setting the individual boot to 222 installed both default and as 38 merge 36 but loading was iffy. Sometimes it would and sometimes it wouldn't. When it did load the menus were still laggy and would still crash. Next I set the individual boot to 223 installed as 37 merge 36. All menu lagging and crashing was gone but loading was still iffy. Finally, I installed cIOS222 as 37 merge 36 and cIOS223 as 38 merge 36 with global boot set to 222. There is a noticable improvement in game loading times and far fewer bugs aside from the "disc in drive" thing but that is an mload issue, not a cIOS issue. I haven't tested to see if the "disc in drive" issue has been resolved in cIOS 222 rev3 but I will when I get out of work today.

Different things work for different people but this has been a good set-up for quite a few people. It's important that people know cIOS 249 isn't the only option available. It serves its purpose and of course is still under testing but I've personally found cIOS 222 to be more reliable.

P.S. And 222 doesn't crash in SSBB!

denpanosekai

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Is it safe to update to the latest version(s) of USB Loader GX if I'm still using cIOS 13a? I haven't read the whole thread, but covers stopped downloading for me since last week.

retKHAAAN

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
denpanosekai said:
Is it safe to update to the latest version(s) of USB Loader GX if I'm still using cIOS 13a? I haven't read the whole thread, but covers stopped downloading for me since last week.

what revision of GX are you currently using?

Poliwrath

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Can games played in USB Loader GX not access the SD Card to save screenshots, other media & such

I was playing Animal Crossing and when I tried to save a screenshot to the SD it just said "Unknown object inserted in the Wii SD slot"
frown.gif

I checked the Readmii but couldn't find anything about it.

Logan

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
USB Loader GX r699 - Click HERE to download

Changes (copied from Google project page):
  • Added titles reloading when database titles are disabled. Fixed Germanic lapsus clavis of r690.

Both DOL and ELF versions included in archive

!DOWNLOAD AND USE AT YOUR OWN RISK!

Note: If you are going to 'test' these revisions and you're having some issues, first please start from scratch. Backup your SD card, wipe your SD card, and start again. If you're not at least prepared to try this first, please don't download and test these revisions, stick to the released stable versions. Thank you.

---

USB Loader GX r700 - Click HERE to download

Changes (copied from Google project page):
  • *Added an option on what DiscImages to Load
  • INFO: Here is what the options mean:
    [1] Only Originals - only download original disc images
    [2] Only Customs - only download custom disc images
    [3] Originals/Customs - download first original and if not available download custom disc images
    [4] Customs/Originals - download first customs and if not available download original disc images

Both DOL and ELF versions included in archive

!DOWNLOAD AND USE AT YOUR OWN RISK!

Note: If you are going to 'test' these revisions and you're having some issues, first please start from scratch. Backup your SD card, wipe your SD card, and start again. If you're not at least prepared to try this first, please don't download and test these revisions, stick to the released stable versions. Thank you.

Lafie

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Poliwrath said:
Can games played in USB Loader GX not access the SD Card to save screenshots, other media & such

I was playing Animal Crossing and when I tried to save a screenshot to the SD it just said "Unknown object inserted in the Wii SD slot"
frown.gif

Animal Crossing isn't compatible with SDHC, so if you're using an SDHC card, you can't save screenshots on it in Animal Crossing. The same problem occurs in Super Smash Bros. Brawl, when you try to save video clips to an SDHC card. Those games simply don't have support for SDHC cards, get an oldfashioned SD Card.

Poliwrath

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Lafie said:
Poliwrath said:

frown.gif

Animal Crossing isn't compatible with SDHC, so if you're using an SDHC card, you can't save screenshots on it in Animal Crossing. The same problem occurs in Super Smash Bros. Brawl, when you try to save video clips to an SDHC card. Those games simply don't have support for SDHC cards, get an oldfashioned SD Card.

Ohh, Thanks, that explains it
tongue.gif

I may buy a normal SD card if I feel I really have to save some screenshots
tongue.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Weird I have been playing MSU enhanced Genesis games for a while now lol