Arm the Homeless

Custom Title
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
GeckoOS 1.9.2 + source was released. Let's get region free codes now.
tongue.gif

Royusmc

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
0ld8oy said:
Royusmc said:
Can you please let us all know what game is better with cios222 other then house of the dead 2/3 for the ios reload block. I have Guitar Hero and it plays fine with cios38rev14 for me. The Guitar I have uses the wii remote so no usb is needed. I only ask because I have not had a problem so far, but there must be a reason why people use cios222. I just want to know why. Thanks.

Well, my switch to cIOS222 came with The Conduit. I wanted to play the multiplayer but the menus would lag horribly and crash. I tried setting the individual boot to 222 installed both default and as 38 merge 36 but loading was iffy. Sometimes it would and sometimes it wouldn't. When it did load the menus were still laggy and would still crash. Next I set the individual boot to 223 installed as 37 merge 36. All menu lagging and crashing was gone but loading was still iffy. Finally, I installed cIOS222 as 37 merge 36 and cIOS223 as 38 merge 36 with global boot set to 222. There is a noticable improvement in game loading times and far fewer bugs aside from the "disc in drive" thing but that is an mload issue, not a cIOS issue. I haven't tested to see if the "disc in drive" issue has been resolved in cIOS 222 rev3 but I will when I get out of work today.

Different things work for different people but this has been a good set-up for quite a few people. It's important that people know cIOS 249 isn't the only option available. It serves its purpose and of course is still under testing but I've personally found cIOS 222 to be more reliable.

P.S. And 222 doesn't crash in SSBB!
Thanks for the info on Super Smash Brothers Braw. I did not play it much just the first part and will I tryed it again and found that the cut sceens where fine but it gave me a problem after the first match with cios 249 so I change the game load settings to cios222 and everything worked great even with no game in the wii. So thanks for the help.

Smiff

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
r700, naster judder of ui elements and flash of white text on black when loading the carousel (e.g. when exiting settings). don't remember this happening before (r697 was ok i think). only cosmetic but a shame. any else see this flash of text? maybe i should go back and check..

edit: only happens when using a custom theme. tried with 3 themes, happens with all of them, not with the built in theme though.

D34DL1N3R

Nephilim
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Smiff said:
r700, naster judder of ui elements and flash of white text on black when loading the carousel (e.g. when exiting settings). don't remember this happening before (r697 was ok i think). only cosmetic but a shame. any else see this flash of text? maybe i should go back and check..

edit: only happens when using a custom theme. tried with 3 themes, happens with all of them, not with the built in theme though.

Yup, I see it too. Wasn't there before.

QUOTE(kevenz @ Aug 2 2009, 05:46 PM) does monster hunter 3 work with revision 700?

It worked before v700, why would it stop working?

ThaDraGun

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
p2dewit said:
ThaDraGun said:
Anyone know if downloading the wiitdb.zip will ever be added to this loader again? I know you can hit the button and then open the text file, then download the file from the link but thats a pain. It was so much better when it could be downloaded straight to the wii.

Why did the change it anyways? if the loader can generate a url and stick it in a txt file it can obviously download directly really easily since it knows where to get it.
just wondering.

When updating your GX version with "update all" the Wiitdb.zip is also downloaded and updated automatically (as well as the language files).

I get a code dump btw when reaching the "update language files" status with the latest GX version (and Wanin rev14).

Are you sure?? Cuz that what GX USED to do. They they disabled the update and changed it so you had to press 2, then it would create an URL, then download the file etc ect.
Did they change it back or somethin?

ChokeD

The Contributor
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just curious and due to my own preferences.:

I don't like using the dol, I would like to use the elf 100% of the time. It just seems to work with less graphical issues for me.

As the server is not updated quite as much as the revs are compiled would it be possible to have the GX update feature determine which your using, the .elf or .dol, and from there update by what is currently on your stick/USB ????

Don't know if it's been asked or requested but I think it would be a really nice feature to add.

Thanks for your time,
ChokeD

D34DL1N3R

Nephilim
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
giantpune said:
or for smart people that would rather spend their time running the program than transferring crap on a sd card.

I guess for me it really makes no difference. If I use wiiload, I still have to get up from the sofa & go into the other room where the computer is to do the transfer, then back into the living room to the Wii. I may as well be bringing the sd card with - not to mention the transfer is faster than over wifi anyway.

Really, there isn't a whole lot of benefit.

giantpune

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
well in my case i probably test 30 dols per hour when im trying to fine tune shit or track down a bug. i have completely worn out my SD card from inserting it in and taking it from my Wii & PC. and with the makefile like it now, i can press alt+r and it will compile the source code and when it is done it will send the dol to my wii. so just press the buttons, and go smoke cigarette and when i get back, the app is already running on my TV.

it may be what you call "lazy" but i think it is a far smarter way of doing things.

bosman

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I just use FTPii... Can't be fagged removing the SD card all the time.

With WiiLoad can you overwrite the boot.dol file while the loader is running that boot.dol or I'm I reading this wrong.

I'm still on Rev640 so I haven't seen it.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    They probably said "Hey, why not we combine the two together and make a 'new' DS to sell".
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It's a DS Lite in a slightly bigger DS Lite shell.
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It's not a Nintendo / iQue official product, it's a 3rd party custom.
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Nothing special about it other than it's more comfortable than the Lite
    for people with beefy hands.
    +1
  • Jayro @ Jayro:
    I have yaoi anime hands, very lorge but slender.
  • Jayro @ Jayro:
    I'm Slenderman.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I have hands.
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    imagine not having hands, cringe
    +1
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    ESPECIALLY for things I do to myself :sad:.. :tpi::rofl2: Or others :shy::blush::evil:
    +1
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    @SylverReZ if you could find a v5 DS ML you would have the best of both worlds since the v5 units had the same backlight brightness levels as the DS Lite unlockable with flashme
    but that's a long shot
    i think only the red mario kart edition phat was v5
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    A woman with no arms and no legs was sitting on a beach. A man comes along and the woman says, "I've never been hugged before." So the man feels bad and hugs her. She says "Well i've also never been kissed before." So he gives her a kiss on the cheek. She says "Well I've also never been fucked before." So the man picks her up, and throws her in the ocean and says "Now you're fucked."
    +2
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    lmao
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    anyways, we need to re-normalize physical media

if i didn't want my games to be permanent, then i'd rent them
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Agreed, that why I try to buy all my games on disc, Xbox anyways. Switch games (which I pirate tbh) don't matter much, I stay offline 24/7 anyways.
    I don't pirate them, I Use Them :mellow:. Like I do @BigOnYa 's couch :tpi::evil::rofl2:
    +1
  • cearp @ cearp:
    @BakerMan - you can still "own" digital media, arguably easier and better than physical since you can make copies and backups, as much as you like.

The issue is DRM
  • cearp @ cearp:
    You can buy drm free games / music / ebooks, and if you keep backups of your data (like documents and family photos etc), then you shouldn't lose the game. but with a disk, your toddler could put it in the toaster and there goes your $60

:rofl2:
  • cearp @ cearp:
    still, I agree physical media is nice to have. just pointing out the issue is drm
  • rqkaiju2 @ rqkaiju2:
    i like physical media because it actually feels like you own it. thats why i plan on burning music to cds
  • cearp @ cearp:
    It's nice to not have to have a lot of physical things though, saves space
    +1
    Nor clothes 🤮 . Saves on time, soap, water and money having to wash them. :D
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: Nor clothes 🤮 . Saves on time, soap, water and money having to wash them. :D