• Replies 29,375
  • Likes 48

danilyu

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hi, for the USB Loader GX, am I able to load Wii ISO's from an external hard drive that's AC powered? I can't seem to get mine to work, and I think the AC powered ones aren't supported. Can anyone clarify this?

ChiboSempai

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
danilyu said:
Hi, for the USB Loader GX, am I able to load Wii ISO's from an external hard drive that's AC powered? I can't seem to get mine to work, and I think the AC powered ones aren't supported. Can anyone clarify this?

mine uses ac power and it works fine

chrono_roy

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
I seem to be having a problem with this loader.
You see, I updated to cIOS 38 rev 14, and now the loader hangs when I return from the Settings menu, or qhen I return form any menu. Does anybody know how to fix this? Thanks in advance, and sorry if I posted this at the wrong place.

ChokeD

The Contributor
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
giantpune said:
Royusmc said:
This is for giantpune, I need help with getting your grid rows==4 to work as it moves
everything by 4. If you need any more info just ask. I would like to thank you for any help.
CODE
shitload of code....

You can't just say rows=4. the file doesn't know what to do with 4 rows. you can see all over that file there are coords and skew values for each box when rows==1 2 or 3. the way i did it when i wrote this mess was first made a image on photoshop of what it will need to look like when it is sitting still. then compile with that image as the background.

next do some basic math and figure about where the boxes need to be and code them there and put it on your tv. then you sit there for a week and use the x/y along with the setskew function to line up each stupid corner of each stupid box with the one you have set as the background. then you go back and repeat all that for 4/3 TVs.

once you know where the positions of all the boxes are and the amount to stretch each corner, you have to code the animation for 4 rows. for this you take the x,y, and skew values for each damn corner of each damn box (plus 1 col of games offscreen) and add the difference of it and the next position divided by the number of frames between positions (im using 10). then you do that for every stupid corner of every stupid box going the other direction. then you do both directions for 4/3 tvs.

then you copy and paste your positions and all from the constructor to the reload function too. there are a couple more things needed, but if you get all this done, ill finish it up.
rolleyes.gif
That's funny, I'm sorry, I'm drinkin and stopped in to catch up, caught this and couldn't pass it up.
laugh.gif

MrRochie

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
grog.gif
I have had the alt dols working fine in the past, but when updating to rev 692 this morning, Medal of honor heroes 2 alt dol game will not load, but mortal kombat and red steel were loading fine using the alt dol method,

later today I updated to rev 694, and none of the ALT DOL games are now loading. Hopefully someone is working on fixing this!

I have wiped my config files and rebooted the loader same prob..... help

D

Deleted-119707

chrono_roy said:
I seem to be having a problem with this loader.
You see, I updated to cIOS 38 rev 14, and now the loader hangs when I return from the Settings menu, or qhen I return form any menu. Does anybody know how to fix this? Thanks in advance, and sorry if I posted this at the wrong place.
make sure ONLY your hdd is inserted into the usb. NOTHING ELSE.

Bassetts

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.dropshock.com
XP
Country
danilyu said:

Have you tried both USB ports? I have a 2.5" laptop HDD in a caddy that uses one USB port for data and the other to power it but it will only work if the data one is in the port that is at the bottom of the Wii when it is laying down (right hand side one when looking at the back of the Wii if it is standing up)

Logan

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
USB Loader GX r698 - Click HERE to download

Changes (copied from Google project page):
  • *Small bugfix for a bug i made into the grid by mistake

Both DOL and ELF versions included in archive

!DOWNLOAD AND USE AT YOUR OWN RISK!

Note: If you are going to 'test' these revisions and you're having some issues, first please start from scratch. Backup your SD card, wipe your SD card, and start again. If you're not at least prepared to try this first, please don't download and test these revisions, stick to the released stable versions. Thank you.

p2dewit

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
nikeymikey said:
There is a new cios 222/223 with the new uloader, but I don't think GX is compatible with it yet.

Use latest GX version and cios 222/223 (installed using 249).
Works great with GX and rev14 !
I use 223 to run SSBB from GX without any problem (intro movie plays fine as well as the rest of SSBB while rev14 gives al kinds of (known) issues).

Poliwrath

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Could anybody explain to me how to use the titles.txt file?

I've set my games to get the titles from xml, but some games do not change (for example Wii Sports PAL is still called "RVL SPORTS PACK" or something similar)

Is there a sample titles.txt file anywhere? I've searched around but all I have found is "use the titles.txt file to rename games" but I do not know how to use that file, and I don't have that file :|

Thanks for any help
grog.gif

Royusmc

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
giantpune said:
Royusmc said:
This is for giantpune, I need help with getting your grid rows==4 to work as it moves
everything by 4. If you need any more info just ask. I would like to thank you for any help.
CODE
shitload of code....

You can't just say rows=4. the file doesn't know what to do with 4 rows. you can see all over that file there are coords and skew values for each box when rows==1 2 or 3. the way i did it when i wrote this mess was first made a image on photoshop of what it will need to look like when it is sitting still. then compile with that image as the background.

next do some basic math and figure about where the boxes need to be and code them there and put it on your tv. then you sit there for a week and use the x/y along with the setskew function to line up each stupid corner of each stupid box with the one you have set as the background. then you go back and repeat all that for 4/3 TVs.

once you know where the positions of all the boxes are and the amount to stretch each corner, you have to code the animation for 4 rows. for this you take the x,y, and skew values for each damn corner of each damn box (plus 1 col of games offscreen) and add the difference of it and the next position divided by the number of frames between positions (im using 10). then you do that for every stupid corner of every stupid box going the other direction. then you do both directions for 4/3 tvs.

then you copy and paste your positions and all from the constructor to the reload function too. there are a couple more things needed, but if you get all this done, ill finish it up.
rolleyes.gif
Im sorry for not being clear. I wanted to make the rows of 3 strait so everyone could see them better, so I edited the code to do this for widescreen and 4/3 tvs. Then I took your code and put it back in, but I did not know how to add code for 2 rows of 3 so I had to rename yours to rows==4 which dose not work right. I know you would not understand unless you could see it for your self. But it was alot of changes so I had to put the hole file in so you could just copy and paste it over the gridview file to find a workaround for this. I do not want to make a row of 4 at all, I just could not make two rows==3 because the wii would not be able to know which one I was talking about. So in this code I put your row of 3 to rows==4 so we could know which was which. But now when I press down from my strait row of 3 and go to your row of 3 and press right or left your row of 3 messes up by moving by 4. I know this is because it is just what I am telling it to do, I just don't know how to tell the wii how to do it right. I would add another button to the main menu for the strait grid mod but I have not gotten that far along in how to change the code. So if you find the time just copy the code and compile to see for your self what it is doing. And if I just need to add a new grid mod to make this work you might be nice and show me what needs to be added to do that. After all one day soon I hope we will need a new one for the banners to be on. Well if you do not thank this is worth the time to add then I will just keep mine as it is easyer for me and my family to see the boxart when picking a game. I just realy wanted my cake and eat it to. Aka to have mine and yours to work together. I will keep working on this I just know you could get it to work a hole lot faster then me. Thanks for all the help and a realy great loader.

Takoru

Trophies
XP
Country
Egypt
0ld8oy said:
nikeymikey said:
There is a new cios 222/223 with the new uloader, but I don't think GX is compatible with it yet.

cIOS 222 rev 3 works better with GX than 249 does.

How to install cios222/223?

222 with the custom method (ios36) and 223 merged with ios37?

D

Deleted-119707

im really sorry but im getting confused with hermes cios 222/223 vs waninkokos cios..
i did some reading and found out that heremes cios supports usb devices such as lan adapter and microphones etc...

im using rev 670 (about that area XD) usb loader gx, waninkokos cios rev 10, i used the channel forwarder (USB Loader GX-UNEO_Forwarder) and installed as 249.
ok got that? XD

i WANT to use the lan adapter (for wifi gaming) and maybe guitare hero pereiphals soon. if i install herems cios, will the channel work then? as it is installed as 249? will the lan adapter work if waninkokos cios is installed too?

i tried the lan adapter WITHOUT the hermes cios and it doesnt work (as expected), it just gives me a timeout.( i had my hdd and lan adapter plugged in.)

will i have to patch all my games to 222? i used waninkokos iso ios patcher to patch all my isos to 249.

im really confused between the two cioses.
can someone clear it up for me.?

emupaul

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Poliwrath said:
Could anybody explain to me how to use the titles.txt file?

I've set my games to get the titles from xml, but some games do not change (for example Wii Sports PAL is still called "RVL SPORTS PACK" or something similar)

Is there a sample titles.txt file anywhere? I've searched around but all I have found is "use the titles.txt file to rename games" but I do not know how to use that file, and I don't have that file :|

Thanks for any help
grog.gif

USB Loader Gx ReadMii

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    D @ diamondsofmayhem: G'night!