• Views 7,178,674
  • Replies 29,365
  • Likes 48

bnm81002

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
the Channel version updates are the same as the Forwarder Channel updates with "Update Dol" or "Update All" not with any updates of the Wad itself for revision 644, why is that?

Teh H4rRy

Trophies
XP
Country
bnm81002 said:
the Channel version updates are the same as the Forwarder Channel updates with "Update Dol" or "Update All" not with any updates of the Wad itself for revision 644, why is that?

You cant update a preinstalled WAD, its on the wii memory and you need a WAD manager to change them. Update DOL updates the file homebrew file on the SD card. The Forwarder is a channel which loads up the homebrew app off the SD card.

giantpune

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Teh H4rRy said:
You cant update a preinstalled WAD, its on the wii memory and you need a WAD manager to change them. Update DOL updates the file homebrew file on the SD card. The Forwarder is a channel which loads up the homebrew app off the SD card.

^Wrong^

The full channel is able to update itself after a certain revision. The issue seems to be that somebody (maybe even me) smooched the pooch when they put the wad on the update server. The channel thinks it is a dol and not a channel. To fix this the easiest, just compile a dol that thinks it is a channel and make the rev# lower than the one on the update server. then run this dol and use the update feature. it will grab the wad from the server and install it and you'll be all set.

Teh H4rRy

Trophies
XP
Country
giantpune said:
Teh H4rRy said:

^Wrong^

The full channel is able to update itself after a certain revision. The issue seems to be that somebody (maybe even me) smooched the pooch when they put the wad on the update server. The channel thinks it is a dol and not a channel. To fix this the easiest, just compile a dol that thinks it is a channel and make the rev# lower than the one on the update server. then run this dol and use the update feature. it will grab the wad from the server and install it and you'll be all set.

Well you shut my mouth, good to know. But isnt the Forwarder the better way to go?

bnm81002

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
giantpune said:

I uninstalled then reinstalled the Channel version but it only updates to r633 anything higher than r633 requires "Update DOL or Update All"

retKHAAAN

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ShadyGT said:
0ld8oy said:
ShadyGT said:
ShadyGT said:
moveing the homebrew icon seems to doesnt work 4 me. Could anyone give me koords 4 placing it in the centre of the botom of the screen wich are working?
any1?

Try 320, 399
thx but it doesnt move:/

I think the line should read: homebrew_coords = 320, 399 (this is really just a guess on the coordinates)
At first I was entering: browser_coords = x, y but I believe pune told me the new line. The png is called browser but the coordinates line goes by homebrew.

AetherMaster

Aether
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This is probably a very noobish question, but I feel that I need to ask it. Will installing cIOSCORP allow me to play Metroid Prime through the GX Loader? If not, I guess I'll just use Gamma.

DocNsanE

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
AetherMaster said:
This is probably a very noobish question, but I feel that I need to ask it. Will installing cIOSCORP allow me to play Metroid Prime through the GX Loader? If not, I guess I'll just use Gamma.

someone just posted a link to the game compatibility list on the previous page of this forum -- did you even look??

QUOTEMetroid Prime 3: Corruption Works NTSC-U RM3E01 4.12G Works fine with cIOS_rev12 and higher, no disk needed in the drive like before

donowprod

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
DocNsanE said:
Minor bug report
cIOS 249
r639

How to reproduce:
1 - Launch the loader
2 - Select a game and go into the game's settings
3 - Set Alternate DOL to DOL from disc
4 - Go into DOL from disc and press A

What happens:
You are unable to change any of the options at this time (selecting them does nothing) and if you click on one of the buttons (save | uninstall | back) the button will freeze and not perform its operation. I can click all three buttons in this way and freeze them all but afterward I can no longer do anything: the pointer and d-pad still function normally, but I can't change any of the options or use any of the buttons. The Home button on the wiimote doesn't do anything at this point and if I press the power button on the wiimote, it powers off the wiimote but the wii stays on. Only a hard shutdown works.

Once when I was trying to reproduce the bug, the first setting I tried to change forced an immediate save and then when I repeated steps 3 and 4, I got a core dump instead of the behavior described above.

Same thing is happening with me on rev 644 and cios 249 rev 13.
I have my alt dol path set to USB:/
loading alt dol from disc worked for me before on a previous version but I cannot seem to get it to work after the update all feature.
I trashed my config setting and tried to load different rev of loaders but all will freeze up when selecting the dol from disc by pressing A.
Is there a known way to fix this?
Also is there a way to turn off the HBC button while not using the childproof features?
Thanks...

Edit: I guess i got it working by deleting all the config files. weird that it didnt do it earlier.
Is there still a way to make the HBC icon disappear as i will not use it. I also dont want to enable parental control.
Thanks

AetherMaster

Aether
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
DocNsanE said:
AetherMaster said:

someone just posted a link to the game compatibility list on the previous page of this forum -- did you even look??

QUOTEMetroid Prime 3: Corruption Works NTSC-U RM3E01 4.12G Works fine with cIOS_rev12 and higher, no disk needed in the drive like before
Not to Prime 3, to the New Play Control! version of the original Prime. I know it doesn't work because it loads another IOS that doesn't support backups ans reboots, so would cIOSCORP allow it to go through with the reload and play, or will it make no difference?

zouille83

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
zouille83 said:
Bug Report

USB Loader GX Revision: 640
cIOS and version: rev 13 b
Severity (L | M | H): M

Description of the Problem:
In USBloader GX my wiimote cursor is reverse ( up is down and left is right) / the finger is down
This wiimote work well in wiiware or wii menu but not in usbloader GX and when I play Wii sport resort, the button + / - / 1 / 2 / home dont work, they are Inactive.
The other wiimote is ok

Detailed Steps to Reproduce the Problem:
/

Steps Taken to Troubelshoot the Problem:
I try to synchronize the wiimote , but nothing.
I change rev : nothig
this wiimote is ok in all game but not in wii sport resort ( game launch by loader)
I will try to play WSR on DVD.

QUOTE(tj_cool @ Jul 24 2009, 08:24 PM) Have you tried:
-Replacing the batteries
-Using another remote

Hello
yes I try to replace batteries but always the same probleme
If I use another remote, it's ok

It's very strange because this wiimote is ok in many game but not in USBloader and Wii sport resort

thk

tj_cool

Site dev
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
bannerxeu.png

Revision: 647

Download: DOL http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?jyya32eymmc
DOL + ELF http://www.4shared.com/file/120521859/19b20bc1/r647.html

Changelog
Code:
R645
*Changed to write directly into svnrev.c and get the value from there except of
having two new files to get the SVN_REV
R646
*forgot one thing
R647
*and another thing lol

Official Downloads

Channel (r620) and (rLATEST)
Forwarder (2009/16/06)
Covers (2009/05/28)
Disc Images (2009/05/30)
Language Files
Hermes' CIOS 222/223 v1.6 (uloader v2.4 still uses cios v1.6)
Waninkoko's cIOS38 v13b (better use v13a (aka v13) with the 002fix option)

plus anything else that worths the space
tongue.gif

You can also grab the now outdated pack of Version 1.0 for the icon and meta file. AND
Click here to stay informed on the current NEWS about the loader and important stuff

READmii last updated with r647

(plz read
the first post or the help page + FAQ page at the sitebefore asking
)

People who cant load the loader or having some troubles
they should try to use .ELF
since .ELF is a lot more accurate in processing code

LCampoy8

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi, can someone help me to get usb loader gx to work? I finally installed it to the wii but it says no usb device found. Is there something i for got to install or something? and what are the requirements for this maybe i missed something.plz some1 help meh
frown.gif

Logan

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
LCampoy8 said:
Hi, can someone help me to get usb loader gx to work? I finally installed it to the wii but it says no usb device found. Is there something i for got to install or something? and what are the requirements for this maybe i missed something.plz some1 help meh
frown.gif

Which cIOS version are you using? With rev 12+ I believe, you can only use the bottom (if your Wii is laying flat for example) USB socket.

LCampoy8

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
well the thing is... for some reason i cant install some of the DOL files so i don't even know if i have it. but i dont think i have rev 12.

btw i have a usb hard drive, would that wrok with uloader?

Logan

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Not sure what you mean by cannot install the DOL files?

There is a HDD compatibility thread somewhere in these forums. See if your USB HDD is listed. Not all are compatible.

Is your HDD formatted to WBFS?

LCampoy8

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
well when i try to install cIOS rev 13b it freezes and some DOL files wont appear when i try to install a rev or something. hmmm i don't know much 'bout this :/

I also can't even find my hard drive on the compatibility list either
frown.gif

Smiff

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
thanks for the link to changelog at http://code.google.com/p/usbloader-gui/source/list
yes i was using http://usbloadergx.koureio.net/downloads/revisions which isn't currently up to date

one question/request ? for devs..

is it possible to remove the two shutdown options - i would like users to always properly power off so my hdd spins down, don't ever need the other type of shutdown - so could the two choices perhaps please be replaced by a simple ok/cancel shutdown confirmation? perhaps this could be make an option ('simple shutdown'?)
2nd part of this: you added a screensaver option which is great, any chance of an idle power off option aswell so e.g. 5 minutes to screensaver, 30 minutes to power off?
smile.gif

my other question is a bit OT..
is it possible to get an HBC app to launch wiiware WADs (installed or on SD)? i have the wii autobooting into usbloadergx and wonder if there's any way to play wiiware games without going back to system menu?
also: can other channels like the mii editor channel be launched from an hbc app?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    I @ I-need-help-with-wup-wiiu: i have an issue with loading games on usb with usbloadergx on vwii. Is there anyone that can...