Snoozer

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Smiff said:
my other question is a bit OT..
is it possible to get an HBC app to launch wiiware WADs (installed or on SC card)? i have the wii autobooting into usbloadergx and wonder if there's any way to play wiiware games without going back to system menu?
also, can other channels like the mii editor channel be launched from an hbc app?

I think this goes to your OT thing:

Log message from r648added channel launcher. currently doesnt show the actual name, only the u32 and
ID. also, it is only showing 0x00010001 channels, so no Mii, weather, or other
crappy channels, just the good stuff.

Smiff

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
holy crap, did that just get added.. amazing timing! cheers devs! will try later
smile.gif

any reason for not letting us launch all channels though?

Majin Vegeta

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
I've got a question:
Maybe I'm stupid or something, but how can I set up USB Loader GX to download the wiitdb in German (if I remember right, it only downloads it in 1 language)? I tried setting the Loader language to German and the game language from "console default" to German, but it always downloads an English wiitdb.

And btw it's great that USB Loader GX tries to completely replace the System Menu + Homebrew Channel. I will set my Wii to autoboot USB Loader GX once it can boot every Channel and Homebrew Program and display banners
smile.gif

Snoozer

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Majin Vegeta said:
I've got a question:
Maybe I'm stupid or something, but how can I set up USB Loader GX to download the wiitdb in German (if I remember right, it only downloads it in 1 language)? I tried setting the Loader language to German and the game language from "console default" to German, but it always downloads an English wiitdb.

And btw it's great that USB Loader GX tries to completely replace the System Menu + Homebrew Channel. I will set my Wii to autoboot USB Loader GX once it can boot every Channel and Homebrew Program and display banners
smile.gif

are you completely sure, the WiiTDB is in english? to see what lang is requested by the loader you can create the url on the SD by pressing 2 or 1 in gameinfo screen. Open the created file on your PC and then you'll see the part of the URL that says "LANG=XX". when this XX equals DE, its german. and it should be, if your Wii is set to german

giantpune

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Smiff said:
any reason for not letting us launch all channels though?
Just the fact that i didn't feel like adding a filter for every system channel and double news&weather channels. Because i see how incredibly stupid people can be. If i show everything that is installed on the wii, people will go trying to boot ios4 or something like that and then make issues about stuff getting broken. And i really didn't feel like putting another idiot filter in. If i did, you can be sure that it would cuss at you and i don't want to hear whiney babies complain about that. so for now you can just play with the channels you have installed yourself. I think it is enough for now.

Logan

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Smiff said:
is it possible to remove the two shutdown options - i would like users to always properly power off so my hdd spins down, don't ever need the other type of shutdown - so could the two choices perhaps please be replaced by a simple ok/cancel shutdown confirmation? perhaps this could be make an option ('simple shutdown'?)
2nd part of this: you added a screensaver option which is great, any chance of an idle power off option aswell so e.g. 5 minutes to screensaver, 30 minutes to power off?
smile.gif

Noooooooo! Keep both power off options please. Sometimes I want it in standby to charge my Wiimotes off the other port. Fuck carbon footprints and shit lol
tongue.gif

Teh H4rRy

Trophies
XP
Country
Logan said:
Smiff said:
is it possible to remove the two shutdown options - i would like users to always properly power off so my hdd spins down, don't ever need the other type of shutdown - so could the two choices perhaps please be replaced by a simple ok/cancel shutdown confirmation? perhaps this could be make an option ('simple shutdown'?)
2nd part of this: you added a screensaver option which is great, any chance of an idle power off option aswell so e.g. 5 minutes to screensaver, 30 minutes to power off?
smile.gif

Noooooooo! Keep both power off options please. Sometimes I want it in standby to charge my Wiimotes off the other port. Fuck carbon footprints and shit lol
tongue.gif

Yeah the USB power is useful, but i have all my remotes and xbox stuff charging from a USB hub under my cabinet, a much better way of doing things, Hmm Can the wii use Hubs?

Smiff

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
giantpune thanks i didn't appreciate it wasn't that easy to filter things out. the mii channel is one that's needed if you have many people using your wii, any chance off addressing this channel specifically please? hell, even giving it its own button on the loader would be super-cool
wink.gif
if we are looking towards dashboard replacement, which i hope
smile.gif

about the power off:
can i suggest making the type of shutdown an option in settings, and then have the gui button just confirm the shutdown?
its too confusing for people to have to make this choice every time (yeah i know i know but this is supposed to be the easy to use wii-style loader right
smile.gif
)
would this be a fair compromise?

Teh H4rRy

Trophies
XP
Country
Just tested out Rev648 the new features the Channel launcher works fine, just an audio problem, when i load a channel I will get a loud Buzz, which i assume is the music stopping at a point and looping. Made me jump is all. Might be because of my custom background music

retKHAAAN

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
geedub said:
r648 has just killed my games , it black screens and reboots to wii menu !

whats the simple fix guys
huh.gif

delete your config files and always do a full shutdown and reboot after updating via loader.

@Logan - That's not exactly a fix. Telling people to go back to a previous revision right away doesn't do much to get issues debugged.

Logan

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
0ld8oy said:
geedub said:

huh.gif

delete your config files and always do a full shutdown and reboot after updating via loader.

@Logan - That's not exactly a fix. Telling people to go back to a previous revision right away doesn't do much to get issues debugged.

I just meant that if the poster has used r648 compiled by me (as I don't think you can get it yet by "official" means) then simple fix is to go back to r647, which is an "official" release AFAIK.

I know what you're saying though.

TBH I update and use my compiled DOL's all the time, and I've never had a problem with launching games etc. I don't understand why people have so many issues and have to delete configs etc.

geedub

Trophies
XP
Country
Logan said:
geedub said:

huh.gif

Download and go back to r647?

lol the simple answers are the best

0ld8oy said:
QUOTE(geedub @ Jul 25 2009, 10:11 AM)

huh.gif

i did try , but r648 aint working , so im back at r647 ! cheers

digital8

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Just came back from 4 weeks vacation, turned on my wii an discovered that USBLoader GX only sees the same game 132 times it also did this after downloading the latest version of USBLoader GX

dsc03367o.jpg

When i view my USB Drive with WFBS Manager v3.0.1 i can't see any problems i try'ed to remove that game but that didn't help eighter the same problem accured just with a differed game.

When i try to download covers the same problem occurs USBLoader GX downloads the same cover 132 times.

Even a complete removal of everything concerning USBLoader GX from my SD card and then a "reinstall" of USBLoader GX gives me the same problem.

retKHAAAN

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Logan said:
0ld8oy said:
geedub said:

huh.gif

I just meant that if the poster has used r648 compiled by me (as I don't think you can get it yet by "official" means) then simple fix is to go back to r647, which is an "official" release AFAIK.

I know what you're saying though.

TBH I update and use my compiled DOL's all the time, and I've never had a problem with launching games etc. I don't understand why people have so many issues and have to delete configs etc.

yeah, i've been compiling my own and including my custom themes and settings in the dol to avoid having to load any of it into memory and shorten my boot time. I haven't had any issues either with my dols but sometimes when new options/menus are added you have to kickstart your settings file to make sure that settings for those new things are generated correctly.

Teh H4rRy

Trophies
XP
Country
digital8 said:
Just came back from 4 weeks vacation, turned on my wii an discovered that USBLoader GX only sees the same game 132 times it also did this after downloading the latest version of USBLoader GX

When i view my USB Drive with WFBS Manager v3.0.1 i can't see any problems i try'ed to remove that game but that didn't help eighter the same problem accured just with a differed game.

When i try to download covers the same problem occurs USBLoader GX downloads the same cover 132 times.

Even a complete removal of everything concerning USBLoader GX from my SD card and then a "reinstall" of USBLoader GX gives me the same problem.

Does it work on any other WFBS drive? format a memorystick and put 2 small games on it and check, if its ok then it looks like a problem with your drive (nothing drastic just a little error)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: https://gbatemp.net/profile-posts/163064/