• Replies 29,369
  • Likes 48

Kosaic

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Ok,

I downloaded rev542 dol, latest one I believe. (I had an older channel running, however deleted it. It worked perfectly, but was old)

I dropped the dol in a folder, inside, apps ... renamed boot.dol of course.

It loads fine, shows all my games, proper HDD details, and covers (Covers still on SD from previous install)

I cleared out my old config folder, so it is empty at the moment)

No themes on SD at all ...

When I try to change settings, and go "back" , The wiimote vibrates for like 3 seconds, and my system, reboots to homebrew channel. (like changing the Clock to off)

If I try to change the View using an icon up top, it freezes for 2 seconds, then back to the homebrew channel.

I also tried to play a game we always plaed (Trivial Pursuit, PAL) .. I changed the game settings to Auto Patch, saved them "successfully" then all my covers and disc images seemed to vanish from the program. I restarted it, and they are back.

I have cIOS38 rev13b running ....

Whats up ? I tried a few later (500+) versions lately, but had very similiar issues. I didnt have time to drop by and type up an email.

Tell me this is something silly I'm missing, as I'm cheesed I cant get a newer version of this working.

Royusmc

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Kosaic said:
Ok,

I downloaded rev542 dol, latest one I believe. (I had an older channel running, however deleted it. It worked perfectly, but was old)

I dropped the dol in a folder, inside, apps ... renamed boot.dol of course.

It loads fine, shows all my games, proper HDD details, and covers (Covers still on SD from previous install)

I cleared out my old config folder, so it is empty at the moment)

No themes on SD at all ...

When I try to change settings, and go "back" , The wiimote vibrates for like 3 seconds, and my system, reboots to homebrew channel. (like changing the Clock to off)

If I try to change the View using an icon up top, it freezes for 2 seconds, then back to the homebrew channel.

I also tried to play a game we always plaed (Trivial Pursuit, PAL) .. I changed the game settings to Auto Patch, saved them "successfully" then all my covers and disc images seemed to vanish from the program. I restarted it, and they are back.

I have cIOS38 rev13b running ....

Whats up ? I tried a few later (500+) versions lately, but had very similiar issues. I didnt have time to drop by and type up an email.

Tell me this is something silly I'm missing, as I'm cheesed I cant get a newer version of this working.
Well I would try checking the sd card to see if it is locked or not, make sure it is not locked. Next rename the image folder just for testing. If that don't work I would try using a different sd card. Hope this helps.

Kosaic

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Strange,

I formatted my SD, started from scratch ... Installed cIOS38 rev13a

r542 dol works fine now ...

I guess my SD was screwy somehow, even though I wrote all the files to it on my Laptop, without issue.

retKHAAAN

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I found a little trick for booting HotD 2&3 without changing your global cios to 222. This should help anyone who doesn't want to switch from 249 to play this game. I don't know if it will work with any others though... (You do still need cios 222 installed along with the latest revision of USB Loader GX)

First, make sure your global cIOS is set to 249.

Second, go to the individual game settings for HotD 2&3 and set boot cIOS to 222 and turn block IOS reload ON

Third, initialize the network connection via update, keep in mind that you don't actually need to update anything, just initialize the network.

Fourth and finally, boot the game.

You only have to set the settings once. Each time you want to play the game from this point on, you just need to initialize the network before booting. It's still an extra step but it will save you from having to adjust your global setting and reboot the system for the changes to take affect. Don't know why this works but maybe it could help the coders in some way...

Thanks to everyone for being helpful. It's nice to be able to try and chip in in some way.

***EDIT***Just tested this method on Medal of Honor Heroes 2, RedSteel, and Mortal Kombat Armagedon...none worked...
I'm unable to test on SSX Blur as I switched the main.dol on my iso...

***EDIT***
Okay, after some more testing, you have to complete all of the steps each time you boot the game. When you enter the game settings menu, you just have to click SAVE and back out. Then initialize the network via update. Finally, boot the game. A few extra button presses are involved but it is still quicker than rebooting. Hope this works for someone else.

Royusmc

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
0ld8oy said:
I found a little trick for booting HotD 2&3 without changing your global cios to 222. This should help anyone who doesn't want to switch from 249 to play this game. I don't know if it will work with any others though... (You do still need cios 222 installed along with the latest revision of USB Loader GX)

Second, go to the individual game settings for HotD 2&3 and set boot cIOS to 222 and turn block IOS reload ON

Third, initialize the network connection via update, keep in mind that you don't actually need to update anything, just initialize the network.

You only have to set the settings once. Each time you want to play the game from this point on, you just need to initialize the network before booting. It's still an extra step but it will save you from having to adjust your global setting and reboot the system for the changes to take affect. Don't know why this works but maybe it could help the coders in some way...

Thanks to everyone for being helpful. It's nice to be able to try and chip in in some way.

***EDIT***Just tested this method on Medal of Honor Heroes 2, RedSteel, and Mortal Kombat Armagedon...none worked...

***EDIT***
Okay, after some more testing, you have to complete all of the steps each time you boot the game. When you enter the game settings menu, you just have to click SAVE and back out. Then initialize the network via update. Finally, boot the game. A few extra button presses are involved but it is still quicker than rebooting. Hope this works for someone else.
I don't realy understand why you have to initialize the network. I have been using the cios249 in settings and cios222 in game setting on house of the dead 2/3 and ios block reload on and I don't need to do anything othere then start the game. I do have to use the restart and not the return to wii menu when home is pressed on the game. I am using a usa wii with a usa house of the dead 2/3 and have tryed with waninkoko rev12 and rev13a and had no problem. So I don't know why you have to initialize the network at all. Hope this helps.

Mantis41

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Kosaic said:
Strange,

I formatted my SD, started from scratch ... Installed cIOS38 rev13a

r542 dol works fine now ...

I guess my SD was screwy somehow, even though I wrote all the files to it on my Laptop, without issue.
I have found the same thing with the DS (Micro SD used). Unlike a HDD that just dumps files all over the place, memroy sticks fill sequentialy from the start. If you delete a small file and add a larger one the larger file will first fill the hole left by the small file and then add the rest to the end. This results in the large file being split and, for the DS, this will often cause the game to crash. This could cause similar problems with the Wii when files such as the loader DOL get fragmented on the SD card. The way I fix this is to dump the entire contents of the SD onto your computer, format the SD and then copy everything back. All files will then be de-fragmented.

warlord2009

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Found a small issue with the new screen saver. When I press poweroff on the Wiimote while in the usbloader app. it first shows the screen saver. I have to press the 'A' button to actually shutdown the Wii.

bula

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
warlord2009 said:
Found a small issue with the new screen saver. When I press poweroff on the Wiimote while in the usbloader app. it first shows the screen saver. I have to press the 'A' button to actually shutdown the Wii.

same here.

DriftRS

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
hmm, just got it running. Did the new version remove the battery indicators, tabbed view in config menu, and password thing?

cyrex

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Shutdown bug will be fixed.

Settings got a new structure (no more tabs) to make it easier to navigate through.
Parental control is in the settings but is unlocked as default now.
Battery indicators moved to the new exit menu (press home button on wiimote or wii button in the main menu) to make it more "wii-ish".

DriftRS

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Tanks for the info cyrex, one last thing.

When I go to download box art and such it says "cannot create director" and fails. I've got my 320GB HDD seperated into one large partition formatted as WBSF for the wii games, and a second partition I've made of 20GB formatted as FAT32 for the images (it's that large so I have something I can still use on windows).

I've manually created the folder structure myself now, and added the flat box arts in the "images" folder, and disc art in the "discs" folder within that. But what do I do with the 3D images?

(if anyone knows how to fix the "can't create directory" issue also be appreciated
smile.gif
)

EDIT: It's not reading any of the covers on the partition, and it's crashing after sometimes managing to download art, and even when it does download and crash, nothing is actually left on the disk. Maybe it doesn't know how to read partitions :S are the instructions still up to date?

EDIT2: Now here's some info that should be more visible, had to dig for it, and I'm suprised no one else is having problems as disc images shouldn't be working for ANYONE

"Some of the paths the program uses are customizable. All paths should start with "SD:/" or "USB:/" (without quotes). USB paths will be on the first available FAT USB partition. "

By default it uses SD, I thought that was odd, but it just said it "had" to be SD. Apparently it "has" to be USB and it's just really odd that a program designed to load of USB defaults to SD and doesn't tell anyone while claiming it's going to be on the partition on the USB

Dooleynator

Trophies
XP
Country
DriftRS said:
Tanks for the info cyrex, one last thing.

When I go to download box art and such it says "cannot create director" and fails. I've got my 320GB HDD seperated into one large partition formatted as WBSF for the wii games, and a second partition I've made of 20GB formatted as FAT32 for the images (it's that large so I have something I can still use on windows).

I've manually created the folder structure myself now, and added the flat box arts in the "images" folder, and disc art in the "discs" folder within that. But what do I do with the 3D images?

(if anyone knows how to fix the "can't create directory" issue also be appreciated
smile.gif
)

EDIT: It's not reading any of the covers on the partition, and it's crashing after sometimes managing to download art, and even when it does download and crash, nothing is actually left on the disk. Maybe it doesn't know how to read partitions :S are the instructions still up to date?

Did you configure GX to use USB instead of SD ?
And is write protection off on the folders in use ?

david432111

Trophies
XP
Country
DriftRS said:
hmm, just got it running. Did the new version remove the battery indicators, tabbed view in config menu, and password thing?
The new settings window came at least 30 revisions ago if not more. The battery thing and the password thing is WAY old, how long since you last updated USB Loader GX?

DriftRS

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
david432111 said:
DriftRS said:
The new settings window came at least 30 revisions ago if not more. The battery thing and the password thing is WAY old, how long since you last updated USB Loader GX?

This is the first time I'm using it
smile.gif
Hence probably why I'm having these issues while everyone else has already worked it all out lol.

Ok, one last problem, I have it able to download images and all. But it keeps reverting all it's paths back to "SD" where does it store the path information? The wii doesn't like writing to my SD card, think it has something to do with using a micro-sd adapter. I'd like to put in the path info manually so it stops forgetting it. Does anyone know how?

retKHAAAN

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Royusmc said:
0ld8oy said:

***EDIT***
I don't realy understand why you have to initialize the network. I have been using the cios249 in settings and cios222 in game setting on house of the dead 2/3 and ios block reload on and I don't need to do anything othere then start the game. I do have to use the restart and not the return to wii menu when home is pressed on the game. I am using a usa wii with a usa house of the dead 2/3 and have tryed with waninkoko rev12 and rev13a and had no problem. So I don't know why you have to initialize the network at all. Hope this helps.

The game booted just fine the first time I tried but every tme after that I have to initialize the network for it to boot properly. Didn't know if anyone else had experienced this.

tj_cool

Site dev
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
DriftRS said:
david432111 said:
DriftRS said:

smile.gif
Hence probably why I'm having these issues while everyone else has already worked it all out lol.

Ok, one last problem, I have it able to download images and all. But it keeps reverting all it's paths back to "SD" where does it store the path information? The wii doesn't like writing to my SD card, think it has something to do with using a micro-sd adapter. I'd like to put in the path info manually so it stops forgetting it. Does anyone know how?
The paths are stored in GXglobal.cfg (open it with notepad)

Hooya

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
tj_cool said:
DriftRS said:
david432111 said:
DriftRS said:

smile.gif

The paths are stored in GXglobal.cfg (open it with notepad)

Or go into settings from within the program and find the "Custom Paths" option.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: :tpi::rofl2::rofl2: