• Start date
  • Views 7,269,885
  • Replies 29,399
  • Likes 48

tagteam3283

Trophies
XP
Country
i tink the way its suppose to work is that when you unlock it is temporary unless you set no password i.e. godmode

only in godmode will the unlock stay permament

if thisn was not in place, anyone could just restart the USBLoader to change the settings

PS - coders, could we have tooltips for the list options please
alphabetical
favourites
most played

cheers

marinos35

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Latest revision (alpha/beta/whatever)
r395

New libogc is used since r387 so some SD/SDHC bugs may have been fixed

OR
check the site http://tinyurl.com/USBLoaderGX
for elf, channel, forwarder, icon, meta, covers pack, language files, covers pack, disc pack, old hermes 222 which was compatible blabla
tongue.gif

(NEWS page informs about the important stuff)
(plz read first post or help page at site before asking)

People who cant load the loader or having some troubles
they should try to use .ELF
since .ELF is a lot more accurate in processing code

TeenTin

Trophies
XP
Country
Hong Kong
Suggestion of Scrolling Mechanics :

- Scroll up the game list while pressing B and the Pointer is at the Upper-Half of the game list.
- Scroll down the game list while pressing B and the Pointer is at the Lower-Half of the game list.

I think this is much better then the current scrolling mechanics.

Thanks !

dgtor

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hi, only I suggest If besides how many times you are played in each game ... it can implement the time that you play in each game?

cyrex

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
dgtor said:
Hi, only I suggest If besides how many times you are played in each game ... it can implement the time that you play in each game?

right now not possible because usbloader gx has no control after a game is launched. so you can't measure the playtime

cyrex

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
tagteam3283 said:
i tink the way its suppose to work is that when you unlock it is temporary unless you set no password i.e. godmode

if thisn was not in place, anyone could just restart the USBLoader to change the settings

alphabetical
favourites
most played

cheers

hm yeh ok... adding the tooltips would be done in a second but the reason that there are none is .... where to place them? the buttons are damn small and there is no space above them (they would be out of screen). If you place them below you would have the pointer over them which would make them unreadable.... so i have no idea where to place them

moloko

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
before with r395 my wii crash, now when i want load usbloader GX after 3s come back to the menu HBC! (i try with r391 it's same)
what this? (usbloader 1.1 work good)

dont take r395 it fuck*** my wii
frown.gif

tagteam3283

Trophies
XP
Country
cyrex said:
tagteam3283 said:

alphabetical
favourites
most played

cheers

hm yeh ok... adding the tooltips would be done in a second but the reason that there are none is .... where to place them? the buttons are damn small and there is no space above them (they would be out of screen). If you place them below you would have the pointer over them which would make them unreadable.... so i have no idea where to place them

hi cyrex,
is there a way to set the transparency of the tooltips?

jono@home

Trophies
XP
Country
reverted back to an older version.. 326.. appears to be the most stable... (id do appreciate however it is alpha..)

To many bugs in the most recent version...

Code dumps when loader restart in favourites..

certain setting changes cause it code dump too...

Some settings keeps asking you to unlock all the time after applying a setting, even if you have unlocked them..

Takes an eternity to detect my hard drive compared to 326 (however updating to cios rev 11 seems to resolve that)

Why remove the battery meter from the main menu ? ok I know you have it on the exit menu... but that was an ace feature all the same...

cyrex

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
tagteam3283 said:
hi cyrex,
is there a way to set the transparency of the tooltips?

yes ^^

Posts merged

QUOTE(jono@home @ May 23 2009, 01:49 PM) Why remove the battery meter from the main menu ? ok I know you have it on the exit menu... but that was an ace feature all the same...

Because we like it much better where it is now
smile.gif
. Main Menu would get overloaded with all the new buttons and the batterymeter.

jono@home

Trophies
XP
Country
cyrex said:
QUOTE(jono@home @ May 23 2009, 01:49 PM) Why remove the battery meter from the main menu ? ok I know you have it on the exit menu... but that was an ace feature all the same...

Because we like it much better where it is now
smile.gif
. Main Menu would get overloaded with all the new buttons and the batterymeter.

May be include an option where you can have it? like what you did with the clock, and default it as 0... I prefer it on the main menu.. Although i do like what you are doing with the exit menu (keeping it in theme with the wii system in general)

dimok

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
moloko said:
before with r395 my wii crash, now when i want load usbloader GX after 3s come back to the menu HBC! (i try with r391 it's same)

frown.gif
Maybe you set Parentalcontroll on? Because that causes crashes right now and is going to be fixed soon. I tried 395 and it works fine for me and some other people tried that too. No one seems to have your problem.

Try deleting/renaming your config folder in the root of the SD and start again.

leobo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
dimok said:
moloko said:

frown.gif
Maybe you set Parentalcontroll on? Because that causes crashes right now and is going to be fixed soon. I tried 395 and it works fine for me and some other people tried that too. No one seems to have your problem.

Yes r395 work very good on my Wii 4.0e Pal.
I have problem with Sam n' Max Pal game , De Blob Pal and Animal Crossing Pal.

JF1972

Trophies
XP
Country
cyrex said:
dgtor said:

right now not possible because usbloader gx has no control after a game is launched. so you can't measure the playtime

Just a thought on this: wouldn't it be possible to store the time at which the game was started in some config file (together with title id, of course), and then the next time the loader was run to read from the wii internal stats the last time that usbloader gx - and thus the game in question - was stopped? This would give us the starting and finishing time, therefore the playtime.

(I'm greatly enjoying the progression of this loader, kudos to all involved.)

zouille83

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Hello

I find a small probleme.
If you download a corrupted picture (covers) you have a code dump when you select the game in the list.

swarmster

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
JF1972 said:
cyrex said:
dgtor said:

Just a thought on this: wouldn't it be possible to store the time at which the game was started in some config file (together with title id, of course), and then the next time the loader was run to read from the wii internal stats the last time that usbloader gx - and thus the game in question - was stopped? This would give us the starting and finishing time, therefore the playtime.

(I'm greatly enjoying the progression of this loader, kudos to all involved.)

If it's possible to read the Wii's internal timekeeping stats from the message board, then the loader would presumably just have to look up what game was last launched and how long the last "USB Loader GX" listing (or whatever it's reporting itself as now) is on the message board. That would be the easiest way, though I suppose it would tack on a minute or two if you spend a long time in the launcher before launching a game.

bl00dclaat

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Jamaica
dimok said:
moloko said:

frown.gif

I was using r387 last night and the same thing happened after i clicked the fav star for a game. GX crashed and all subsequent attempts to boot it just exited to HBC in about 3 seconds. Deleting the GXconfig files from the config folder allowed me to start the loader again though. It's also happened to me on a previous release with the favourites option.

Got this code dump exiting the settings menu. It only happened once and I had just entered and exited the settings menu. r387

Stack Dump:
80aea37c-->80aea368-->80a2f4e0-->80aea368-->
80a2f4e0-->80aea3d4-->80a2f4e0-->80aea3c0-->
80a2f4e0

Code Dump:
80aea37c: 80890004 4cc63182 48002421 2b9b0008
80aea38c: 83de000 419d0064 3bbd0001 3b7b0001
80aea39c: 4bffffa4 7ee3bb78 4cc63182 480023fd

Also a few question with regards to the gui:

1. Are we able to change the text colour in the settings menu? I want to change it from black to white for a skin I'm making.

2. The loadbar that shows when you're downloading disc art etc. is not centered over the dialogue box.

3. The buttons on the "Install Game" and "Settings Changed" dialog boxes are a little too low. They almost touch the grey trim at the bottom. Could you raise them to the same height as the second row of buttons on the "Cover Download"?

4. Could you guys update the sample GXTheme.cfg with settings for all the new images?

Thanks,

By the way great work so far on the loader.

Here's a preview of the skin:

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    True it's good eats like uremom
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    shows what you know nobody would ever say that about my mom
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Except all of reddit 4chan and YouTube reviewers
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    yAawn
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    eez nuts
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I tried that new prime X flavor and almost gagged in my mouth lol
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I'm surprised, with your awesome gag reflexs you have B-)
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Well for being with your wife for so long I have self control
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    If you wanna commit suicide just drink prime
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    obamna
  • The Catboy @ The Catboy:
    SODA
  • Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight:
    Catboy back in chat. :ninja:
  • Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight:
    Don't forget to pet it for good luck
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    That cat bites
    +1
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Hmmm yes she does
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Float like a butterfly burns when I pee lol
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    So does that mean your date was not good? It burns now?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Got two new stds in one night
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Giggity
    I don't bite! Minus the times when I did bite
    Like 5 minutes ago
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Billie needs her lunch
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Billie needs her lunch