• Views 7,218,110
  • Replies 29,375
  • Likes 48

c3pu

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
there is just no cheats on the list windwaker works fine but twilight princess gives me an empty list and no error message. i will check on my pc/
also other issue nintendont crashes when i start twilight from loader but not when directly from nintendont.

edit: ah that makes more sense even though it doesnt since there is a shitload for the wii version guess i will have to deal with the stupid rupee warning every time i restart the game.

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
try to disable (or enable) progressive patch option, or that memory card option is correct (off/single/multi), or a different video mode (auto should be fine for most games)

I noticed that nintendont enable the prog_patch setting if it detects the user is on 480p. sometime games don't work because of that.
When launching from the loader, prog_patch setting is correctly based on user choice, not autodetected.

c3pu

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
ok weird now i get the error to run gamecube games with nintendont you need the boot.dol file in your nintendont loader path. witch i didnt 1 hour ago wtf???

edit: i rebooted and its gone now

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
didn't you eject/reinserted the SD card to look at the file on your computer?
If you eject the SD card while still in the loader, the card is not working anymore unless you click on "remount SD" icon. but it's not stable and can crash the loader.
don't eject the card while in the loader.

c3pu

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
i tried diffenrent options and it still freeze at: loading config... done!
i have to unplug the wiiu to "fix"

edit 1
you didn't eject/reinserted the SD card to look at the file on your computer?
If you eject the SD card while still in the loader, the card is not working anymore unless you click on "remount SD" icon. but it's not stable and can crash the loader..
don't eject the card while in the loader.
thats would be the kind of thing i might do. i have ADD so i dont think of those things lol:unsure:.

edit2 i have tried wind waker and i get the same "crash"

Magnus87

Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
They can only run Wii games and you have to use WFBS Manager to inject data onto the drive. If you set up as FAT32 you can put any kind of ROM format you would like on it. I think he meant it as more of a suggestion/opinion than a requirement.

I have both in the same HDD, 600GB WBFS and 400GB FAT32. I never had a problem with WBFS

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
I use both FAT32+WBFS on the same drive too, and all works fine.
I have FAT32 as first partition, so I can use any homebrew with it.

For users not following nintendont thread, the HID+Autoboot issue is fixed (thanks to airline).
It was a nintendont bug.

c3pu:
Did you try to boot the game by launching nintendont directly from HBC?
don't use USBLoaderGX to see if the loader affects the " loading config... done!" freeze.

GreyWolf

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Adding an empty virtual destructor to banner/Material.c and /banner/Animator.c in the public declaration will shut the compiler warning up.

It shouldn't affect anything at runtime since there were no destructors defined anyway.

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
I talked with Dimok (who wrote all these functions and classes).
He will check it and provide a fix.

Maybe it's as easy as you said, just adding an empty destructor.

If you have time and want to help, I'll be happy to have another developer with me.
There are lot of bugs to fix, few features to add ;)
it's only if you want and have time.
I started without knowing anything, done it at my pace with what I understood. help, as little as it can be, is always good. even if it's a small bugfix that's good to have.

WuaZ

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Hi! First of all, I would like to thank you Cyan for your great software.I would also like to report a bug when using USB Loader GX (v3.0 rev1239) to display somes NGC games in its main menu.

My NGC games are on a USB stick. This USB stick is formatted in FAT32, with a "wbfs" forlder for the Wii games and a "games" folder for NGC games. Among theses NGC games, I've got Donkey Konga at the path usb:/games/Donkey_Konga/game.iso.

When running this game directly with Nintendon-t, no problem. It works fine : Nintendon-t detects it as GKGP and creates the appropriate save file.

But a problem occurs when I use USB Loader GX : it can't find the appropriate name and covers in GameTDB (it looks for Donk.png instead of GKGP.png), and display Donkey Konga PAL under the name Konga as a NTSC-K game. When I start it, it creates a savefile under the name Donk and don't use the savefile created by Nintendon-t under the name GKGP. This problem is fixed when moving the iso to usb:/games/D_Konga/game.iso (or any other folder that don't start with Donkey) : USB Loader GX then detects the iso as GKGP, finds the cover and uses the correct savefile. The same problem occur with Donkey Konga 2 is the path usb:/games/Donkey_Konga_2/game.iso (then detect as Konga_2 game from NTSC-K region and use the Donk as savefile).

So it seems like USB Loader GX has problem with folders starting with Donk or Donkey (I didn't check if starting the folder with only Donk is enough to reproduce this bug).

stoof

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hi! First of all, I would like to thank you Cyan for your great software.I would also like to report a bug when using USB Loader GX (v3.0 rev1239) to display somes NGC games in its main menu.

My NGC games are on a USB stick. This USB stick is formatted in FAT32, with a "wbfs" forlder for the Wii games and a "games" folder for NGC games. Among theses NGC games, I've got Donkey Konga at the path usb:/games/Donkey_Konga/game.iso.

When running this game directly with Nintendon-t, no problem. It works fine : Nintendon-t detects it as GKGP and creates the appropriate save file.

But a problem occurs when I use USB Loader GX : it can't find the appropriate name and covers in GameTDB (it looks for Donk.png instead of GKGP.png), and display Donkey Konga PAL under the name Konga as a NTSC-K game. When I start it, it creates a savefile under the name Donk and don't use the savefile created by Nintendon-t under the name GKGP. This problem is fixed when moving the iso to usb:/games/D_Konga/game.iso (or any other folder that don't start with Donkey) : USB Loader GX then detects the iso as GKGP, finds the cover and uses the correct savefile. The same problem occur with Donkey Konga 2 is the path usb:/games/Donkey_Konga_2/game.iso (then detect as Konga_2 game from NTSC-K region and use the Donk as savefile).

So it seems like USB Loader GX has problem with folders starting with Donk or Donkey (I didn't check if starting the folder with only Donk is enough to reproduce this bug).

This solved it for me from Nintendont's info page:

For better compatibility with other loaders, you can put Game's Title and GameID in that part, like this :
SD or USB:/games/Zelda Wind Waker [GZLP01]/game.iso
SD or USB:/games/Tales of Symphonia [GQSEAF]/game.iso
SD or USB:/games/Tales of Symphonia [GQSEAF]/disc2.iso

GreyWolf

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I talked with Dimok (who wrote all these functions and classes).
He will check it and provide a fix.

Maybe it's as easy as you said, just adding an empty destructor.

If you have time and want to help, I'll be happy to have another developer with me.
There are lot of bugs to fix, few features to add ;)
it's only if you want and have time.
I started without knowing anything, done it at my pace with what I understood. help, as little as it can be, is always good. even if it's a small bugfix that's good to have.

My C++ is about as rusty as a hundred year old nail but I can do my best. It may take a while to get back up to speed. .NET/Mono programming has spoiled me. :P

I was trying to get rid of the warning, too. It's a lot easier to figure out how everything works with the toolchain up to date and no compiling without any issues. (I used the libgd from WiiXplorer's branch repository since it wasn't in the ULGX repository.)

Reactions: OriginalHamster

sj33

Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
what I don't like is placing a setting which will have no effect for some users.
They will report "it's not working" etc.
I can hide the setting when not using vWii.
If I add the setting, it will be present in all game type, not only VC. (Wii, Devo, Nin, channels, etc.) so user can set a single option to affect all launching, I won't make it a setting per game-type, so global will also affect Wii games.
I suppose users won't want to enable it for Wii games so they will set it to OFF, but they will have to enable it for all VC one by one which will be annoying if they have a lot of channels...
Except for one game - Resident Evil Zero. :P This incorrectly boots up in 16:9 when it should be 4:3 due to Capcom being useless.

WuaZ

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France

I actually find wha the real problem was when trying with other games. It was not the word Donkey, it was having a folder starting with six characters and followed by an underscore. USB Loader GX believes that these six characters are the game ID, even if they are just the first word of the title. I've got the problem with Luigis_Mansion for instance, and renaming the folder to LuigisMansion solved it.

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
usb:/games/Donkey_Konga/game.iso.
it looks for Donk.png instead of GKGP.png
Thank you for the report :)

It's not a problem with folder starting with "donk" but folder starting with 6 letters followed by underscore.
The loader is using the Folder name to get the GameID (to prevent opening the ISO, reading to buffer, closing the ISO, to get the ID from all ISO file).
If the GameID is present in the folder, it (slightly) boosts the load time of the loader.

Compatible folder with Name+ID are :
Title [ID]
or
ID_Title <-- this format checks if the 7ths character is an underscore and use the 6 first letters as GameID.

To fix your issue, either rename the path with space
/donkey kong/
or add the gameID
/GKGP01_Donkey_Kong/
or
/Donkey_Kong [GKGP01]/

I will add a check for proper GameID (probably check if all caps)

Edit:
Damned, you :ninja:'d me!

GreyWolf:
Dimok said you were right.
Just adding the empty virtual destructor is correct.
I will do it. Thanks for the fix.

My c++ is not rusty, it's worse :P
I learn as I read it and just try things to see the result.
If you have time and want to help, let me know. there's some bug list on my blog or on google code issue.
On the blog I listed them in priority order.

WuaZ

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Thank you for the report :)

It's not a problem with folder starting with "donk" but folder starting with 6 letters followed by underscore.
The loader is using the Folder name to get the GameID (to prevent opening the ISO, reading to buffer, closing the ISO, to get the ID from all ISO file).
If the GameID is present in the folder, it (slightly) boosts the load time of the loader.

Compatible folder with Name+ID are :
Title [ID]
or
ID_Title <-- this format checks if the 7ths character is an underscore and use the 6 first letters as GameID.

To fix your issue, either rename the path with space
/donkey kong/
or add the gameID
/GKGP01_Donkey_Kong/
or
/Donkey_Kong [GKGP01]/

I will add a check for proper GameID (probably check if all caps)

Looks like we were writing our message at the same time. :)

Many thanks for the details, I will rename my folders to speed up the loading time of the loader.

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
I tried the project moving option using other googlecode I own, and it went fine.
I'll move this one when I'll have time to manage it and properly release new revision/update so user's will have the new dol downloaded on the new site.
I have few months to do it but will do before this summer.

Reactions: VinsCool

GreyWolf

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think I fixed the issue about moving wiitdb.xml when the path is changed. I need to test it first to make sure it is working when moving between sd/usb.

I figured I'd look at a simple one first. :P

Reactions: OriginalHamster

c3pu

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
c3pu:
Did you try to boot the game by launching nintendont directly from HBC?
don't use USBLoaderGX to see if the loader affects the " loading config... done!" freeze.[/quote]

sry i forgot to check back it didnt freeze that way. its how i was launching game this weekend to still be able to play(not optimal because wiiu tend to crash when going from nintendont to wii menu).
it was a nintendont issue because im using the march 15 revision now and its fixed.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BigOnYa
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    He put it down when the 3ds came out
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @K3Nv2, RIP Felix does great videos on the PS3 yellow-light-of-death.
  • Jayro @ Jayro:
    Eventhough the New 3DS XL is more powerful, I still feel like the DS Lite was a more polished system. It's a real shame that it never got an XL variant keeping the GBA slot. You'd have to go on AliExpress and buy an ML shell to give a DS phat the unofficial "DS Lite" treatment, and that's the best we'll ever get I'm afraid.
    +1
  • Jayro @ Jayro:
    The phat model had amazingly loud speakers tho.
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Jayro, I don't see whats so special about the DS ML, its just a DS lite in a phat shell. At least the phat model had louder speakers, whereas the lite has a much better screen.
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    They probably said "Hey, why not we combine the two together and make a 'new' DS to sell".
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It's a DS Lite in a slightly bigger DS Lite shell.
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It's not a Nintendo / iQue official product, it's a 3rd party custom.
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Nothing special about it other than it's more comfortable than the Lite
    for people with beefy hands.
    +1
  • Jayro @ Jayro:
    I have yaoi anime hands, very lorge but slender.
  • Jayro @ Jayro:
    I'm Slenderman.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I have hands.
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    imagine not having hands, cringe
    +1
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    ESPECIALLY for things I do to myself :sad:.. :tpi::rofl2: Or others :shy::blush::evil:
    +1
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    @SylverReZ if you could find a v5 DS ML you would have the best of both worlds since the v5 units had the same backlight brightness levels as the DS Lite unlockable with flashme
    but that's a long shot
    i think only the red mario kart edition phat was v5
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    A woman with no arms and no legs was sitting on a beach. A man comes along and the woman says, "I've never been hugged before." So the man feels bad and hugs her. She says "Well i've also never been kissed before." So he gives her a kiss on the cheek. She says "Well I've also never been fucked before." So the man picks her up, and throws her in the ocean and says "Now you're fucked."
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    lmao
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    anyways, we need to re-normalize physical media

if i didn't want my games to be permanent, then i'd rent them
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Agreed, that why I try to buy all my games on disc, Xbox anyways. Switch games (which I pirate tbh) don't matter much, I stay offline 24/7 anyways.
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: Agreed, that why I try to buy all my games on disc, Xbox anyways. Switch games (which I pirate...