Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Thank you greyWolf :)
That would be greatly appreciated if you can fix this warning as I'm not familiar with classes yet.
I don't understand these virtual and polymorphic variables.

The other issue is commented out and replaced with a multi-step instead of a single function, so you don't see the error in compiling with r27
I left the problematic code in the sources, in case someone want to see what's wrong and can fix it.
I should probably just contact wintermute about it.

Howard:
The code I linked is checking the settings size.
if it's v3, it's checking if the setting file is the "expecting" size: sizeof(NIN_CFG)
You are right that it's checking the config size only when argsboot is not used, though users always report that USBLoaderGX stops autobooting when nintendont edits the NIN_CFG size. so there's something affecting the autoboot with argsboot too, or USBLoaderGX is sending a bad formated argument?

Anyway, thanks to Airline, the HID issue seems to be a simple fix to add to nintendont.

OriginalHamster:
I'll see if I can add a "wait for hdd free space init" before launching games.

Why not make it exactly like with Nintendon't? One GLOBAL option. and on a per-game basis.
Activating each channel/WW/VC/Wii game manually might be annoying, but it would be a one time deal.
And that way it would benefit VC games as well as the small handful of Wii games that have been poorly programmed (such as Resident Evil 0) that should display in 4:3 with black borders but doesn't.
And you could call it "Wiiu Widescreen" as well. that way people wouldn't say "it's not working" if they try it on a Wii.

On the screen tearing issue: For the life of me I haven't been able to replicate the issue again.
I'm 99% sure it's still present though as it would make no sense for it to fix itself.
Yes, I can make it a Global and individual setting.
My concern is that the Global will affect ALL game type (Wii, Gamecube, VC, Wiiware, etc.)
The Global is maybe not interesting, users won't want to set global to 4:3 as it will also affect Wii games which are perfectly compatible with 16:9

I just foresee that users will ask for a Global setting to affect only Virtual consoles, as they have 500+ VC and it's a pain to edit 500 individual settings...
I don't want to add a widescreen setting per game type. but if it's what's really requested I will do that

GreyWolf

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I built a destructor for the Material class and attached the patch file for it if you want to look at it. I am no longer getting any warnings and so far the dol seems to be working.

EDIT: Don't use this... I just got a stack dump.

cobleman

Trophies
XP
Country
Problem ripping The biggest loser Challenge it is suppose to come out as 2.5 gb but only 350mb shows up when finished GX rev 1239. Is this just a new security the disc has or is there a problem with the loader ripping games?

sideskroll

Trophies
XP
Country
Peru
Yes, I can make it a Global and individual setting.
My concern is that the Global will affect ALL game type (Wii, Gamecube, VC, Wiiware, etc.)
The Global is maybe not interesting, users won't want to set global to 4:3 as it will also affect Wii games which are perfectly compatible with 16:9

I just foresee that users will ask for a Global setting to affect only Virtual consoles, as they have 500+ VC and it's a pain to edit 500 individual settings...
I don't want to add a widescreen setting per game type. but if it's what's really requested I will do that
I understand your concerns, reason I said global and on a per-game basis is because most (all?) VC titles run in 4:3 AFAIK, but there are SOME (though only a handful of them) badly programmed Wii games that would benefit from the same Wiiu Widescreen option (Resident Evil Zero comes to mind, and I think someone said something about a Wario game and a couple of other titles)
It is indeed a tricky option to implement even though it shouldn't... What about creating a new entry in settings? One called Wiiu Widescreen. That would take care of users that would perhaps otherwise complain of the feature "not working" because they tried it on a Wii and you could even move the option that now lives in "features" there making it "tidier".
It would go something like this:
---GLOBAL---​
ON/OFF​
---NINTENDONT---​
ON/OFF​
---VC---​
ON/OFF​
I see no reason to add options for either Wii, Wiiware or any other type of content cause they wouldn't benefit from having the Widescreen option GLOBALLY applied. And if the user needs or wants that option for whatever reason he/she could easily just use the GLOBAL setting and be done with it.
After that it would be just a matter of having that SAME option available on a per game basis (that would be where one applies it for specific titles) just like I currently do with GC games.
I think that would be the simplest, most straight forward way that a needed feature like this could be implemented.
(Question: VC GLOBAL would apply to emunand VC titles as well, right? Or would it have to be a separate option?)

Screen Tearing

It's back and with a vengeance.
Could it had something to do with the refresh rate? The reason I ask this is because you say that only NTSC users have the issue. And because the screen tearing is OBVIOUSLY related to V-SYNC. It's not only that the screen tears but it tears when in movement. A static image doesn't display any corruption whatsoever. Only fast movement images/videos cause the tearing.
It's somehow related to the way the upscaler on the WiiU handles the 480p to 1080p conversion I'm sure of that (changing the resolution to 480p seems to CONSISTENTLY fix the issue for most if not all users experiencing the tearing)
Do you need me to run any tests?

GX not having NAND access when launching from HBC

No dice there.
I have tried everything under the sun:
- Recreating the meta file manually
- deleting it in hopes of GX recreating it.
- Resetting the loader to defaults
Nothing.... WEird part is, Retroarch forwarder and HBC do appear in the !return to! option, but neither CFG nor GX forwarders do (the appear as "unknown".
Not a big issue cause everything works fine when launched from the forwarder but still... I thought I'd let you know that.

Let me know if you need some more info or anything.
Cheers.

Reactions: Troopage

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
only the forwarders don't have proper names?
I don't have them on vWii, I only checked if return to worked fine with HBC's title (the only channel listed in USBLoaderGX "return to" menu), so I thought everything worked fine.
I don't know why not all channels title are correctly retrieved. on Wii it works fine, maybe vWii is different?

for the screen issue, I don't know what's the problem.
All I can do it try and see, but there are a lot of things to try so I don't have time to just randomly try things.

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
I don't know what's wrong, I don't know this game.
Did you try older revision to see if it's a recent issue or if it has always been there?
Did you try other games to see if it's specific to that game, or if other games are affected?
Did you get any error?
Did you get the proper game size in the dump prompt, or the wrong one?
If you insert the disc and choose "mount" do you get the correct size?

Is that game really 2.5GB? (I checked a video, it's full of spoken sentences, so yeah it's probably that big)

sideskroll

Trophies
XP
Country
Peru
only the forwarders don't have proper names?
I don't have them on vWii, I only checked if return to worked fine with HBC's title (the only channel listed in USBLoaderGX "return to" menu), so I thought everything worked fine.
I don't know why not all channels title are correctly retrieved. on Wii it works fine, maybe vWii is different?
Maybe it work differently in vWii, yeah.
But what's the forwarder doing differently? Why is it that everything works if used.
for the screen issue, I don't know what's the problem.
All I can do it try and see, but there are a lot of things to try so I don't have time to just randomly try things.
Maybe I can help.
Tell me what to try and I'll do it.
I think the issue warrants the attention.
None of the other loaders, emulators. Anything have screen tearing issues.
Could it be the resolution of GX? Maybe making the loader anamorphic 640x480 would fix the issue? What's your loaders resolution? I think the max the Wii/vWii can handle is 854x480 if I'm not mistaken...

OriginalHamster

UStealthy
Trophies
XP
Country
Cote d'Ivoire
Could it be the resolution of GX? Maybe making the loader anamorphic 640x480 would fix the issue? What's your loaders resolution? I think the max the Wii/vWii can handle is 854x480 if I'm not mistaken...
Do you make any tweaks to ULGX on gui settings? Like wide-screen fix, custom wide-height.
I have over scan -1 for example, and widescreen fix. Maybe leaving those alone?
Can you test if 480i or 480p make any difference? On Wii U settings. Or testing with composite/component cables.
I still have the screen tearing issue, can make some test, probably until weekend though :(

Reactions: sideskroll

D34DL1N3R

Nephilim
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've been out of the loop on Wii related hacking/homebrew/loaders for a couple years now. Used to be a wiz and understood all there was to basically understand, but it seems like it's not like riding a bike because I forgot nearly everything, lol. So my question is this: On the SVN builds page there is "R1243_IOS222-249-250" and just "R1243", what IOS does the dol in the standalone "R1243" use & why is there a need for the other three in the multi-IOS archive?

cobleman

Trophies
XP
Country
I don't know what's wrong, I don't know this game.
Did you try older revision to see if it's a recent issue or if it has always been there?
Did you try other games to see if it's specific to that game, or if other games are affected?
Did you get any error?
Did you get the proper game size in the dump prompt, or the wrong one?
If you insert the disc and choose "mount" do you get the correct size?

Is that game really 2.5GB? (I checked a video, it's full of spoken sentences, so yeah it's probably that big)
I tried version 3.0 gx and it still ripped at 350mb
I gave up just got it from the net

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
The single pack has the version 249.
the other pack with 222,249 and 250 is provided for historical reason. We used to provide it, I don't even know if users are still using them.

The number reflect the IOS slot used at launch to access SD and USB in order to load the config file, then look at the user's requested IOS slot.
If you use the version 249, and in your setting you tell the loader to use slot250, then it will first reload from 58 to 249->load config->see you want 250->reload to 250->continue launch process
if you use the version 250, and in your setting you tell the loader to use slot250, then it will first reload from 58 to 250->load config->see you want 250->continue launch process

by using the same version than the slot you want to use in the loader, you win 1 second! yeahhhh, so great

And on top of that, the loader (and all homebrew) can now use IOS58 with AHB access to read SD and USB, so you don't even need to care about the used version of the dol.
HBC (IOS58) -> load the loader > load the config > see you want IOS 249 > reload to 249 > done
or
HBC (IOS58) > load the loader > load the config > see you want 58 > done. No cIOS slot are required anymore when you are in the loader. the only issue is the slow patching of IOS58 at launch. I'll see which patch I can remove.

hamster and sideskroll:
For the screen tearing issue, I can try to add a setting where you set your own width (for the test only) and you report if it helps.

cobleman:
You didn't tell me if the size of the disc is correctly read by the loader. When you select "mount" and you are using the "rotating disc" mode, you can see the detected disc size.
I'm interesting to know if it detects the correct size but dumps it incorrectly, or if it detects it incorrectly.
Sometime, Wii sport resort (or Wiiplay, I don't remember) is reported with few TB size. there's probably an issue in the disc capacity read function.

killerkalmah

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi, I have a small doubt, today I updated my USB Loader GX via internet on the update option on the loader, my question is, where can I check wich revision I have? I know I'm in the last one and all but where can I check it on the loader? and my main doubt is if this latest revision supports nintendont in his latest revision too? if not how can I pair the lates revision of USB Loader GX with the latest revision on nintendont? since I want to load my gamecube games with nintendont via USB Loader GX, hope some one could tell, thanks.

GreyWolf

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi, I have a small doubt, today I updated my USB Loader GX via internet on the update option on the loader, my question is, where can I check wich revision I have? I know I'm in the last one and all but where can I check it on the loader? and my main doubt is if this latest revision supports nintendont in his latest revision too? if not how can I pair the lates revision of USB Loader GX with the latest revision on nintendont? since I want to load my gamecube games with nintendont via USB Loader GX, hope some one could tell, thanks.

Go to the settings and click Credits on the last page. It has the loader revision along with other version info like DIOS MIOS, cIOS, etc.

sideskroll

Trophies
XP
Country
Peru
Do you make any tweaks to ULGX on gui settings? Like wide-screen fix, custom wide-height.
I have over scan -1 for example, and widescreen fix. Maybe leaving those alone?
Can you test if 480i or 480p make any difference? On Wii U settings. Or testing with composite/component cables.
I still have the screen tearing issue, can make some test, probably until weekend though :(
No, nothing chaged at all except for "System Default" on video.
It's hard to test stuff like this because it appears to be random.
But so far 480p seems to "fix" the tearing issue... Could be random luck I guess.

hamster and sideskroll:
For the screen tearing issue, I can try to add a setting where you set your own width (for the test only) and you report if it helps.
Sure. Bring it on.
I'm all for testing.
(Let me know about neek2o as well as I am VERY interested in that feature ;))

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
I'll make a version with width setting this weekend.
I have nothing working for neek2o, sorry. I only did very few so far.

I will also add the loader's revision number to the startup logo screen, I think it will be useful.

edit:
at the same time, I will try to add "black bar fix" for nintendont, like Devolution.
It can be done from the loader if nintendont is correctly accepting "none" as video mode. we will see.

cashonly

Trophies
XP
Country
Google Code shutting down
http://google-opensource.blogspot.ie/2015/03/farewell-to-google-code.html

Earlier today, Google announced we will be turning down Google Code Project Hosting. The service started in 2006 with the goal of providing a scalable and reliable way of hosting open source projects. Since that time, millions of people have contributed to open source projects hosted on the site.

But a lot has changed since 2006. In the past nine years, many other options for hosting open source projects have popped up, along with vibrant communities of developers. It’s time to recognize that Google Code’s mission to provide open source projects a home has been accomplished by others, such as GitHub and Bitbucket.

We will be shutting down Google Code over the coming months. Starting today, the site will no longer accept new projects, but will remain functionally unchanged until August 2015. After that, project data will be read-only. Early next year, the site will shut down, but project data will be available for download in an archive format.

As the owner of the following projects, you have several options for migrating your data.

The simplest option would be to use the Google Code Exporter, a new tool that will allow you to export your projects directly to GitHub. Alternatively, we have documentation on how to migrate to other services — GitHub, Bitbucket, and SourceForge — manually.

For more information, please see the Google Open Source blog or contact [email protected].

-The Google Code team

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: A chair fit for royalty