• Likes 48

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
1) enable/disable Banner cache in settings>banner settings and reboot to see if it's helping with the black banners.
2) probably memory issue. how many games do you have?
3) Did you install the forwarder channel UNEO ?
4) I don't know, did you enabled EmuNAND or NAND ?

SinkyChan17

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
1) gonna' try it now, but it's impossible to go forward due to issue #2. Sometimes, it just stops working the MOMENT i have it display the games as wii channels. i know it shouldn't be a big deal, but it's important i have it look as similar to the wii menu / simplistic as possible due to the fact that a lot of people using this wii don't know anything about homebrew and hate change. :P
2) i have a total of 106, didn't think that would cause any issues.
3) i'm booting directly from the homebrew channel.
4) EmuNAND is enabled.

EDIT :: messing with banner cache doesn't fix the issue. it seems to occur with a few wii games, and every single wiiware / vc game. it's happening with animal crossing: let's go to the city : /

EDIT 2 :: tried loading a game with no banner; returns me to the homebrew channel. so.. the games aren't even playable.

EDIT 3 (AGAIN) :: fixed the issue with vc / wiiware games, but i've compiled a list of the games that don't run / don't show banners. i've even tried running games without the banner (spinning disc instead), same issue. Games that don't function show up as 0.00gb on USB Loader GX, but run + show proper size in CFG USB loader.

Animal Crossing: Let's Go To The City (PAL)
Bust-A-Move Bash!! (NTSC-U)
Deadspace: Extraction (NTSC-U)
Family Feud 2012 Edition (NTSC-U)
Mario Kart CTGP Revolution Channel (????)
Marvel: Ultimate Alliance 2 (NTSC-U)
Monopoly Collection (PAL)
Monopoly Streets (NTSC-U)
Muramasa: The Demon Blade (NTSC-U)
Netflix (NTSC-U / Channel)
NTLC (??? Not sure what this is, afraid to delete)
Obscure 2 (PAL)
RetroArch-Wii (Emulator / Channel Forwarder)
Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell: Double Agent (PAL)

thanks in advance for your help :).

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
3) This is the reason bootmii doesn't work.
I told you to install the forwarder in order to use autoboot.

I don't know what is the issue with game size.
maybe your hard drive (flash drive?) issue ?

Do you have emuNAND on SD or USB?
try another device

The channels shouldn't lock the loader, if it does then there's an issue, don't use the loader if it has this issue, you could lose your HDD.
Try OLDER revision of the loader until you find a working one.
start with 3.0 r1180 and go up.

SinkyChan17

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Double post.

i figured it out. it was wii backup manager that was causing issues. i took the games off, and dragged them onto my drive locally and it worked fine. wii backup manager always gave me issues, but i never thought it would go this far.

everything works now. :) thanks a lot!!!

EDIT: I installed the channel forwarder and changed the bootmii file, still loads to black screen.

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Glad it works now, but I don't see why WiiBackupManager would be the cause, if you set it correctly. Default settings are not good (you need to change the path layout)
What was the issue? write protected files? wrong path?
I would prefer to understand the issues and recent bugs, I don't like when I don't understand why it does weird things with no reasons.

I don't know why bootmii loads to black screen, it should work.

Acidflare

HomeBrew Beta Tester
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Cyan I'm having issues with kirby return to dreamland NTSC-U the game plays fine it reads my emunand save file but it won't write the new progress made when it tries to it seems like everything is fine but once you quit to the main menu and press 1 to go to the title screen it says that the save game data is corrupted.
I had no issues on the realnand with it, could this be an emunand incompatibility?

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
You press 1 to go to title screen?
I never saw games where you had to press button 1 to exit.

It could be emuNAND incompatibility. Some games don't work well, other don't work at all (zelda skyward sword).
it could be an issue with cIOS too. you are using v10 or v10-alt? (or an old one)

Acidflare

HomeBrew Beta Tester
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
You misunderstood me happens a lot between us..
your playing the game (it auto-saves after beating each level and after each movie) Press + go to quit to main menu, then press 1 to go to the title screen upon pressing 1 it tells me my save game is corrupted.

I noticed it didn't save from the other day today. I had played through a level the other night I got tired so shut it off after the auto-save took place turned it on today and the video going into the 4th world played and I said that's not right so I played through the level again today when I was done I did the above mentioned

Edit: I'm using Beta 52 in slot 249

Here's my available cIOS selection I recently made my emunand using Simple FS Dumper Full mode so my emunand and realnand have the exact same cIOS selection right now
IOS 202 (source 60) (hermesrodries 60 v6 )v65535 Modified Trucha ES_Identify Nand access
IOS 222 (source 38) (Hermes 38 v5 5.1)v65535 Modified Trucha ES_Identify Nand access
IOS 223 (source 37) (Hermes 37 v5 5.1)v65535 Modified Trucha ES_Identify Nand access
IOS 224 (source 57) (Hermes 57 v5 5.1)v65535 Modified Trucha ES_Identify Nand access
IOS 236 v65535 Modified Trucha Downgrade ES_Identify Nand access
IOS 245 (source 56) (Waninkoko 56 v21 )v5621 Modified
IOS 246 (source 57) (Waninkoko 57 v21 )v5721 Modified
IOS 247 (source 56) (d2x 56 v8 )v5608 Modified
IOS 248 (source 57) (d2x 57 v8 )v5708 Modified
IOS 249 (source 56) (d2x 56 v10 beta52)v21010 Modified Trucha Downgrade ES_Identify Nand access
IOS 250 (source 57) (d2x 57 v10 beta53-alt)v21010 Modified Trucha Downgrade ES_Identify Nand access
IOS 251 (source 55) (d2x 55 v10 beta53-alt)v25155 Modified Trucha Downgrade ES_Identify

How is emunand loaded in USB Loader GX? does it just use neek? which is why you've been looking into neek2o?
Edit: I know that Skyward Sword works in Uneek2o+DI R96 Beta 4+

Acidflare

HomeBrew Beta Tester
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Cyan so after some extensive testing it is indeed an issue with emunand compatibility the game works up until the 4th world then the saves don't work anymore i've tried d2x beta 52 and 53 aswell as v8 all with the same results.

Each world has 5 stages
my save on my realnand is still in the 3rd world so I copied that save to the emunand and played through stage 4 and the saves work but once you get into the 4th world the save is corrupted

but something strange just happened I had it sitting on the title screen, after about 30 seconds the intro video plays after the video is finished it displays the corrupted save screen.

Reactions: Cyan

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Thanks, that's good info to know which games are not compatible with EmuNAND.
We are (well, the users are) making a Channel compatibility list, but I guess it would be interesting to list incompatible Wii games too.

It's strange that it affects only Stage 4+
the game should use the same saving function whatever the level you are playing, unless it needs to add a file which is not present yet?
You should try to play that level on RealNAND, dump the save to EmuNAND (USBLoaderGX can do it for you, in the game settings) and see if it helps.

USBLoaderGX does not use neek environment at all.
It's using cIOS redirect function.
IOS is responsible for NAND access when in a game, so every time the loaded cIOS sees a file access it redirects the path from NAND to SD or USB.
Some games might not use the "usual" method to access NAND so cIOS doesn't trigger a redirection to EmuNAND folder.

The current EmuNAND is not a real "emulation", it's running on RealNAND and redirecting access from NAND to external path.

Neek is a full redirected (emulated) environment, nothing is running on RealNAND. The console doesn't even know it's redirecting something, it doesn't even know the SD or USB is not the Real NAND. It acts as if you had a normal Wii NAND. you don't need cIOS as it thinks everything in installed officially and running from NAND or Disc.

Neek2o is Neek with autoboot feature. Neek and Neek2o are using exactly the same environment.
Using neek/neek2o for autoboot will fix a lot of compatibility issues.

Acidflare

HomeBrew Beta Tester
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Won't the autoboot feature for Neek2o make games slower at loading initially?
I found the start screen save error after I imported my realnand save to my emunand on SD I even did a chkdsk with /x /r commands no errors so it has to be something with the current method of using emunand, I'll move my emunand to USB and ty Uneek2o+DI R96 Beta 9.5 see if I get any luck it could be not writing to the correct path with cIOS mode emunand like you said.

Also that Wiki page we were talking about making I think it should include emunand compatibility as well. what do you think?
I would say the columns should be

USB Loader GX Revision
Game Title
Region
RealNand/EmuNand
Comments

Reactions: TeamScriptKiddies

bobmcjr

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
After I updated my Wii U to 5.2.0, I've found that if I start USBLoader GX with my USB harddrive plugged in from power on, it hangs on "Initializing USB device...". I either have to unplug it and plug it back in once I'm in vWii mode, or start a different homebrew like WiiXplorer and then launch USBLoader GX again before it will work.

Prior to 5.2.0, I was always booting directly into vWii by holding B when powering the console on.

worm28

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
After I updated my Wii U to 5.2.0, I've found that if I start USBLoader GX with my USB harddrive plugged in from power on, it hangs on "Initializing USB device...". I either have to unplug it and plug it back in once I'm in vWii mode, or start a different homebrew like WiiXplorer and then launch USBLoader GX again before it will work.

Prior to 5.2.0, I was always booting directly into vWii by holding B when powering the console on.

I have the same problem i fixed it by changing the loader ios to 249 in global settings..

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
"changing to 249" doesn't mean anything if you don't explain what's located in your slot number 249.
d2x beta52 base56?
d2x beta53 base56?
something else?

I think the issue is that the new WiiU system menu is shutting down all USB drives which are not WiiU formated drives.
but you say that Wiixplorer can re-init the drive?
Did you try to use IOS58 as laoder's IOS ? (set it in the settings, and it will edit the meta.xml for you)

If it doesn't help, there's a thrad where we are having discussion about frozen state at initialization.
https://gbatemp.net/threads/usb-loader-gx-vwii-stopped-working.378697/

thank you for telling that it changed after you updated your WiiU :)
one more clue at the issue.

Reactions: TeamScriptKiddies

Acidflare

HomeBrew Beta Tester
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
"changing to 249" doesn't mean anything if you don't explain what's located in your slot number 249.
d2x beta52 base56?
d2x beta53 base56?
something else?

I think the issue is that the new WiiU system menu is shutting down all USB drives which are not WiiU formated drives.
Did you try to use IOS58 as laoder's IOS ? (set it in the settings, and it will edit the meta.xml for you)

If it doesn't help, there's a thrad where we are having discussion about frozen state at initialization.

Sounds like nintendo is trying again to block out usb loaders

worm28

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
d2x beta52 base56?
d2x beta53 base56?
something else?

Actually its IOS 249 base56 d2x beta52vWii I only have this issue using IOS 58 as loaders IOS
Sounds like nintendo is trying again to block out usb loaders
I had this issue long before i updated to 5.2.0

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
ah, then for you it's working better when using cIOS instead of IOS58?
there are too many different reports, It's hard to follow what's best, who has issue, why, etc.

but thanks for sharing your solution :)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @realtimesave, iirc she said she is non binary