• Likes 48

nakata6790

True Player
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
I have a problem with Wii title's name.
Do any of you have Wiitdb/Gametdb not working? My Wii titles are sometime (often!) not renamed at all.
It's usually only the Wii titles, not channels or GameCube.
I'm looking why it's not renaming the titles correctly, but I couldn't find the cause.
If you have more info, let me know (which revision the problem started, etc.), or if you don't have any problem, tell me your Cache Title setting.

I had that problem too. My solution?
I renamed each folder of every game in the ''wbfs'' folder, in the root of my HDD (fat32 formatted) and did the same for the game's name in the disc.nfo file.

GX settings in ''Features'' menu:
Force titles from WiiTDB OFF
Force titles for Disc OFF
Cache titles ON

For example, Wii Sports Resort showed as WSP2, i renamed the game folder AND the game's name in the disc.nfo file

-----------------------------------
Same goes for Gamecube games, the only difference beeing that i rename the game folders in the ''games'' folder of my HDD root, for example: TRLegends on GC showed up as Lara Croft:Tomb Raider Legends. I renamed it to Tomb Raider Legends and it now shows up right next to the 2 Wii TR games.

BTW, that homebrew filter/browser idea, is it plausible?

joeh1974

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
don't use v3.0, like he said it didn't have USB support yet.

DM support has been added on beta version only.
Download r1201 mod9

Does the .dol file just get put into SD:\apps\USB Loader GX\ ? I'm trying to update the software as I'm getting a white screen error when trying to load the import version of Kirby's 20th anniversary.

Garfunkiel

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@Garfunkiel:
You know that USBLoaderGX can take screenshot by itself?
Press Z+C(not C+Z). it will save the png in the loader's folder.

Anyway, thanks for sharing the sources with other users.

If you want to comply with the license, you need to post the sources (either fully, or just the changed files like you did, or even better a patch or diff file).
The patch/diff format is better because it takes in account the revision number automatically.
if you post a dol, join a patch and the modified png files. Your svn client can create patches easily.

@[member='themanuel']:
Yeah, I still remember you requested IOS58. I didn't check it yet.

As for the filtering, it's done on the GameID only, not on the location.
So if you hide that gameID, it will be hidden everywhere.

That's useful, I didn't think to check if there was such a feature. Better screenshots here:
https://docs.google....TkozRUJsTVhQNXc
https://docs.google....YmlwQ0xMai1Ibm8

Also, I was trying to use codes in a GameCube game using DML to load it, and there's a problem in GameBooter.cpp preventing gct files from working in DML:
Code:
if((ocarinaChoice) && strncmp(Settings.Cheatcodespath, "SD", 2) != 0)

The "SD" should be "sd" because strncmp is case-sensitive and the custom paths are lowercase. Line 462 in the most recent revision.

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
I have a problem with Wii title's name.
Do any of you have Wiitdb/Gametdb not working? My Wii titles are sometime (often!) not renamed at all.
It's usually only the Wii titles, not channels or GameCube.
I'm looking why it's not renaming the titles correctly, but I couldn't find the cause.
If you have more info, let me know (which revision the problem started, etc.), or if you don't have any problem, tell me your Cache Title setting.

I had that problem too. My solution?
I renamed each folder of every game in the ''wbfs'' folder, in the root of my HDD (fat32 formatted) and did the same for the game's name in the disc.nfo file.
Ahhh!
That explains why other users don't have this problem! They are using correctly named folders on FAT32/NTFS (certainly automatically named with WiiBackupManager after gametdb's title names).
I'm still on WBFS partition, so there's no "folder name" the loader can use.
Though, on GameCube I have them, that's why I don't have this problem with GameCube but only with Wii games.

Thanks for pointing it out.

So, there's really a problem with renaming games.
Do you remember since which revision you had to rename the folders?

BTW, that homebrew filter/browser idea, is it plausible?
Sure it's plausible, but I don't have time to work on the Homebrew launcher for the moment.
and even better, having then integrated in the main views would be great. that way you could favorite them, set categories, etc.
But it's not on my todo list right now.

don't use v3.0, like he said it didn't have USB support yet.

DM support has been added on beta version only.
Download r1201 mod9

Does the .dol file just get put into SD:appsUSB Loader GX ? I'm trying to update the software as I'm getting a white screen error when trying to load the import version of Kirby's 20th anniversary.
Don't use r1201 mod9 anymore, there's a newer version : r1202
It's the same as mod9, but officially released as a new beta.

yes, just put the file in SD:/apps/usbloader_gx/boot.dol

Reactions: sonictopfan

nakata6790

True Player
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
That explains why other users don't have this problem! They are using correctly named folders on FAT32/NTFS (certainly automatically named with WiiBackupManager after gametdb's title names).
I'm still on WBFS partition, so there's no "folder name" the loader can use.
Though, on GameCube I have them, that's why I don't have this problem with GameCube but only with Wii games.

Thanks for pointing it out.

So, there's really a problem with renaming games.
Do you remember since which revision you had to rename the folders?

Well i started using GX as of build 1182 iirc, and one of the first things i noticed was the game names, some of them showed up different from what cfg named them. For example, the Conduit games were next to the CoD games in cfg while they were in T (as in The Conduit) in GX. I dabbled with the settings and eventually i found the folder and disc.nfo renaming to do the trick.

Sure it's plausible, but I don't have time to work on the Homebrew launcher for the moment.
and even better, having then integrated in the main views would be great. that way you could favorite them, set categories, etc.
But it's not on my todo list right now.
Cool, a simple filter for system channels (like windows hides system files) would suffice tbh.

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
I don't think the position of the game in the list is related to Wiitdb not loaded correctly.
It depends how the loaders are listing and sorting names (with or without the first determinant)

Wiitdb IS loaded and used everywhere in the loader, but 8 times out of 10 it doesn't rename the titles and use the internal disc name. I still don't know why not 10/10, nor why the 8 times works fine.
It's related to the way the game list is loaded (cached titles, non cached, etc.). But it always worked fine on previous version. I think it might be related to a change I did, but I didn't touch this part of the code. Maybe a memory problem?

nakata6790

True Player
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
Maybe its not (only) the TitlesCache.bin file, the disc.nfo file could have changed by WiiManager (or WBFS Manager) while installing new games?

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
I don't know what you are talking about.
I don't have any disc.nfo files.

might be a thing that the manager is creating for the users one the computer, when you don't store games in subfolders they are only named with the GameID.wbfs, so there's a GameID.nfo?
I don't think the loader is using this file to read the game title.

I will not be able to work on the loader for few days (PC problem, lost a hdd, etc.)
I'll visit the forum from another computer, but can't do a lot on it.
I hope to be back soon.

nakata6790

True Player
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
I don't know what you are talking about.
I don't have any disc.nfo files.

might be a thing that the manager is creating for the users one the computer, when you don't store games in subfolders they are only named with the GameID.wbfs, so there's a GameID.nfo?
I don't think the loader is using this file to read the game title.

That's cause only HDD with fat32 partitions have the ''wbfs'' folder with disc.nfo in it. IIRC you have a wbfs filesystem.
I found that WiiManager tampered with that file (disc.nfo) when installing games, i did something.
You must be using wbfs manager, so never mind, apologies for the confusion.

P.S. Hope you recover your stuff man, wish you the best!

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
I do have both wbfs and fat32 partition.
if the manager create nfo, it's for the user not for the loader. (at least, USBLoaderGX is not loading this file to read the game's title).

thanks.
I hope the computer and the data are recoverable.

themanuel

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey, Cyan:

Why are two nand paths needed?
There is really no conflict between the saves emunand path and the channels emunand path. If you extract saves to emunand using the individual game settings window: if the game is disc, the save goes to emu save path and if it is DLC, it goes to channel emu path, as it should.
Why not have just one path for both functions?
It makes it confusing to know what does what, having two different ones.

If the concern is not overwriting your carefully maintained emunand when doing a nand dump, the user could be prompted to select a path for the dump with a warning.

There may be other important reasons for having two paths that I don't know and this just my opinion, of course.
I have a little write-up of yours or dimok's but newer users probably struggle with those paths.

Maxternal

Peanut Gallery Spokesman
Trophies
Website
gbadev.googlecode.com
XP
Country
News on this setting/error. The new version of USB Loader GX, r1202
here : http://www.mediafire...1voyas284vs6qiv
detects the right setting automatically, avoiding this error completely
(unless you try to use DM (USB) when it should be DML (SD), then you still apparently get the error no matter what setting you set, but would by your own fault.)
http://gbatemp.net/t...s-off-a-usb-hdd I followed this tutorial, use 2.2, and obviously use a USB. Where to I change the settings in GX in to be 2.2 compatible? Is it obvious... because I don't know what to do.
The easiest way now with GX is just to upgrade to the latest version I linked to in the post above. Just replace the file /apps/usbloader_gx/boot.dol with the one in the 249 file in the above download.
The NEW version detects and takes care of that setting for you.
I already have that version of the .dol for my 249 ios. I'm trying to load Wind Waker, and then hopefully a hacked melee iso. I have dios mios installed, that dol like I said, I'm loading from my usb, and I have a wii disc in it and I get this error. What am I doing wrong? (I can use my capture card to show you what I do)
Hmm, that's wierd. Does it do that when you start it from the HBC or just from the channel?
You might have a full channel installed instead of a forwarder channel. (The full channel would always run it's internally stored older DOL version instead of the one you updated with on USB or SD.) Also, is it the only place you have the DO installed? The forwarder could get the wrong one if you have one on SD and another one on USB.
Okay, just ignore this post now. He figured it out.

Maxternal

Peanut Gallery Spokesman
Trophies
Website
gbadev.googlecode.com
XP
Country
Sorry to bring all this conversation over here ...

Hmm, that's wierd. Does it do that when you start it from the HBC or just from the channel?
You might have a full channel installed instead of a forwarder channel. (The full channel would always run it's internally stored older DOL version instead of the one you updated with on USB or SD.) Also, is it the only place you have the DO installed? The forwarder could get the wrong one if you have one on SD and another one on USB.
Non forwarder channel? Hmm? I used Multi Mod Manager to install the Dios Mois 2.2 mod, downloaded the usb gx from the guide I said I used, and did infact replace it with that dol, and I still got this error. Where do I change it, is it meant to be automatic?
Do you open GX from a channel in the System Menu (what I'm talking about) or directly from the HBC (where it wouldn't matter) ?
I open GX from HBC.
Hmm, starting it with a GC game in the slot INSTEAD of a Wii game.

If it starts the game in the drive it IS this same problem.
If it still shows the error it's being caused by something else.
It starts up the gamecube game in the drive, I tried it with my copy of pikmin
... but anyone have any idea on this problem?
Never mind this one either. Re-downloaded and worked.

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Hey, Cyan:

Why are two nand paths needed?
There is really no conflict between the saves emunand path and the channels emunand path. If you extract saves to emunand using the individual game settings window: if the game is disc, the save goes to emu save path and if it is DLC, it goes to channel emu path, as it should.
Why not have just one path for both functions?
It makes it confusing to know what does what, having two different ones.

If the concern is not overwriting your carefully maintained emunand when doing a nand dump, the user could be prompted to select a path for the dump with a warning.

There may be other important reasons for having two paths that I don't know and this just my opinion, of course.
I have a little write-up of yours or dimok's but newer users probably struggle with those paths.

Having two different paths is just a convenience, and a request from users.
by default it's already using the same path, and you SHOULD NOT use different paths, unless you really want to.
If you don't see the purpose, then it's because you don't need it, and just keep them by default on the same folder.

There are nothing wrong in sharing the same path.

It was meant to have the EmuNAND with channels loading on a partition (for example, the Full Nand Emu Channel path on USB), and the savegames for the wii games on SD (Partial Emu Save path on SD).

When EmuNAND appeared, users used it with Sneek, and Triiforce for Channel loading.
When EmuNAND was added to the loader, it started using only that Emulated NAND for saving Wii games to it, so users created a new NAND for wii games only.
Then we added to the loader the Channel launching feature, and launching from emuNAND too. so users had two different NAND at that time (the one created for wii games saves with the loader, and the old one used by sneek and triiforce), and requested that both path could be used at the same time, that's why there are the "old" NAND path for Wii games saves, and the one for channels.
If you don't have different NAND that you used "before" the loader was compatible with these Emulated NANDs, then you don't need both paths.

But, Having two different NAND is not the only thing users requested.
They requested MORE and MORE nand paths than just two of them.

So we added a "per game setting" NAND path, so each games are using their own NAND. You don't need this option, but it's there for users who requested it.
It was mainly used at the time when you couldn't set the Aspect Ratio (an EmuNAND was using 4:3 to prevent LCD burns and one with Aspect Ratio 16:9 for all other games.)
It's just to have different settings per NAND, without the need to edit the settings with Neek each time before playing from GX.

It's now less used I guess.
But it's still an option for users really needing it.

We listen to user's request and suggestion (when possible).
so, adding features from everyone made it confusing for users who don't need all these options.
But we can't hide them (unless creating another settings haha)

themanuel

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
But we can't hide them (unless creating another settings haha)
Ha, ha! Then I'll be asking why we need a setting to hide those..

OK. Thanks for the education. It does make a lot of sense and having options is a good thing.
Since I don't use save emulation for disc games (don't want to run into compatibility issues), the only thing I use the save nand path for is when I want to dump my real nand using USB GX. It happens that dumps are stored on that path and not on the channel nand path, so I can do a dump and not risk overwriting anything in my channels nand path. Works for me.

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
yeah, it's dumping on the original "nand" path used by the loader.

The "EmuNAND Channel" path was added later, as an option for users who had another path already full of channels and didn't want to loose their first nand (or merge them).
So, it's still dumping in sd:/nand/
I didn't thought users would not use that path for emulation, but for dumping purpose only.

Nope, I still haven't recovered.
I'm on another computer, waiting to receive a new HDD.
I don't know what I lost yet. I hope nothing. I hope I'll don't have to buy a new computer either. that's the worst case for me. I'm using old programs which may not work anymore on recent OS/hardware.

I saw there's a lot of reports on GX's google issue thread, but I won't be able to work on them for few days.

themanuel

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think I found a bug but I want to get confirmation here first from other users before adding it to the tracker and driving Cyan crazy.
It's about cheats with DML.

Yesterday, I was trying to use zerofalcon's gct file for F-Zero GX that makes valid a savegame transferred from any memory card to a new one (the game has protected saves), but I could no matter what I did, upon launching the game I would get a warning that gct file could not be found, that they must be on SD card and that the game would launch without Ocarina support.

Then I tried with other cheats, by downloading the txt file for the game and creating a gct for various of the cheats there and none work. I would always get the same message. I also tried doing the exact same thing with Wii games and they work perfectly.

I use DML, so my games are on SD card and so are the cheat files. I specified the path as sd/codes and my gct files were there, but GX wasn't finding them, somehow, for DML games. I also enabled Ocarina and tried VBI and "none" for hooktype. None of it worked.

I eventually got it to work in a backdoor way. I noticed in the DML code that cheats are enabled when the debugger is enabled, so I copied my gct file to the game's folder sd/games/gfze01 and enabled the debugger (with ocarina disabled) and this activated the cheat in DML. Now I have my precious F-Zero GX save file in another card and it's working (thanks to zerofalcon!).

Can someone please enable ocarina, find a random Gamecube game, download cheats for it, enable one and post here if you are able to use the cheat?

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
The money is not the problem.
It's just that I like my (old) setup, and don't like updating when everything works. (don't fix it if it's not broken).
And it takes 3-6 months to reinstall everything. (yes, I use a looot of things, I really hate formating/reinstalling time. last time was in 2007 :P).

I saw another report about ocarina on googlecode.
Check if your path to GCT is "sd" or "SD".
Edit the GlobalGX to "SD" in uppercase.
I'll fix it when I can.

there's also a report about DML detection not working anymore.
I changed the place where the detection is done (at the start of the loader) because when using Hermes cIOS v4, it couldn't access the NAND after a cIOS reload, so I do it before reloading to cIOS 22x.
But it require AHBPROT ( or the new HBC v1.1.0 tag) in meta.xml
I can check it in two different places to be sure it's correctly detected.

Tell me if your DM(L) version is correctly detected (look in the credit).
I changed the detection few minutes before submitting r1202 and didn't test it enough. tell me if the old one I had in r1201 mod9 worked better.
I converted all the DM(L) timestamp manually, maybe I made some mistakes (all converter I found tried to convert it with timezone!)

themanuel

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I saw that other Ocarina bug report but it seems unrelated (at least to my untrained eyes).
When I get home I'll edit the config file manually to SD in uppercase and report back here.

I'll also check it the DML version is being reported correctly. I actually switched to r1202 just last night, after dealing with the F-Zero save file, so I did not dwell on it, but I'll take a look tonight.
I did however check that the parental controls were working just fine for me, again with cache titles enabled, so at least that is not much of a problem.

Bigge

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hi, Sorry if i post this issue in wrong thread,
newbie at this.
My son was playing with his wii when he one day was sad because his saves in Lego Pirats of the Carribean had disappear.
He showed me that he hade open settings, and the only thing i can see that can have messed this up is that he pushed att extract save to Emu Nand. How do i get his saved games back to the game again? Now all 4 save slots are showing 0,0 %.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Veho @ Veho: It's how we used to cheat at Pokewalker.