• Views 7,207,452
  • Replies 29,371
  • Likes 48

Bigge

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Kinda of lost u there, what do u want me to do? ;)
My friend, please download syscheck_gx and run it and then post the results here (within code tags):
Code:
your code
Let's see if that gives us a clue.

Terrible sorry, but consider me newbie at this. Have learned me new stuff now that i have to find out what went wrong with the saves, but download and install is over my head. where to put the syscheck.gx and is it much to type down? Was thinking how i get the results from the Wii to the computer(If it´s alot to type)

themanuel

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Terrible sorry, but consider me newbie at this. Have learned me new stuff now that i have to find out what went wrong with the saves, but download and install is over my head. where to put the syscheck.gx and is it much to type down? Was thinking how i get the results from the Wii to the computer(If it´s alot to type)
You place it in the sd card in a under "apps". It creates a file for you in the root of the sd card and you just copy its contents and paste them here. I don't know if it will lead us anywhere.
Before that, why don't you go the Wii's original System Menu, then to the save data management screen to see if you can find your save there.

Maxternal

Peanut Gallery Spokesman
Trophies
Website
gbadev.googlecode.com
XP
Country
1. Download this http://filetrip.net/...100-f22592.html
2. Open it and put it's contents on an SD card.
3. Put the SD card in the Wii.
4. Go to the Homebrew Channel
5. Open syscheck gx
6. Perform the system check.
7. Once you've finished and exited back to the Homebrew Channel take the SD card out of the Wii.
8. Put it in the computer.
9. Open the SD card. There should be a file called syscheck.csv (if I remember right)
10. Open notepad.
11. drag and drop the file into it.
12. highlight everything and "copy"
13. come to this web page and type
Code:
[code]

[/code*]
(without the *)and then "paste" in between
Code:
[code]
blah blah
[/code*]
14. post.

Bigge

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
You place it in the sd card in a under "apps". It creates a file for you in the root of the sd card and you just copy its contents and paste them here. I don't know if it will lead us anywhere.
Before that, why don't you go the Wii's original System Menu, then to the save data management screen to see if you can find your save there.

Have checked the Wiis orginal menu under save data management. All the games save is on Wii and nothing on the SD card.

themanuel

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Have checked the Wiis orginal menu under save data management. All the games save is on Wii and nothing on the SD card.
Maybe terrible stupid question, so u run the syscheck.gx on your computer with the sdcard in the cardreader?
You would run it from the SD card, yes. But you are saying your Lego Batman (or whatever game you think you lost) save is available in the Wii Menu? Do you think it is a new one your son created or the original one?
If it is the original one and you can't access it, then the problem is in your loader settings. If it is not there, then you most likely lost it. You should test the game with the original disc from the Wii Menu (borrow one if you don't have it) to see if you can access the save file that way.

Bigge

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
1. Download this http://filetrip.net/...100-f22592.html
2. Open it and put it's contents on an SD card.
3. Put the SD card in the Wii.
4. Go to the Homebrew Channel
5. Open syscheck gx
6. Perform the system check.
7. Once you've finished and exited back to the Homebrew Channel take the SD card out of the Wii.
8. Put it in the computer.
9. Open the SD card. There should be a file called syscheck.csv (if I remember right)
10. Open notepad.
11. drag and drop the file into it.
12. highlight everything and "copy"
13. come to this web page and type
Code:
[code]

[/code*]
sysCheck GX starting up...
Getting the console region... Success.
Getting the system menu version... Success.
Getting the running IOS version and revision... Success.
Getting the console ID... Success.
Getting the boot2 version... Success.
Getting number of titles... Found 83 titles.
Getting list of titles... Success.
Sorting titles... Success.
Getting the certificates from the NAND... Success.
Reloading IOS61 (rev 5662)... Success.
Generating the report... Success.
Mounting SD card... Success.
Initializing the FAT File System... Success.
Creating report to sd:/sysCheckGX.txt... Success.
Report saved successfully.
(without the *)and then "paste" in between
Code:
[code]
blah blah
[/code*]
sysCheck GX v1.0.0 by Erik Spyder
sysCheck GX is running under IOS61 (rev 5662).
Console ID: 152532730.
Region: PAL.
Hollywood v0x21.
Boot2 v4.
System Menu v514 (4.3E).
BC v6.
MIOS v10.

Found 83 titles.
Found 40 IOS and 8 IOS Stubs on this console.
Priiloader is installed.

IOS  3 (rev 65280): Stub
IOS  4 (rev 65280): Stub
IOS  9 (rev  1034)
IOS 10 (rev   768): Stub
IOS 11 (rev   256): Stub
IOS 12 (rev   526)
IOS 13 (rev  1032)
IOS 14 (rev  1032)
IOS 15 (rev  1032)
IOS 16 (rev 54321): Trucha Bug, ES_Identify, FLASH Access, NAND Access
IOS 17 (rev  1032)
IOS 20 (rev   256): Stub
IOS 21 (rev  1039)
IOS 22 (rev  1294)
IOS 28 (rev  1807)
IOS 30 (rev 54321): Trucha Bug, ES_Identify, NAND Access
IOS 31 (rev  3608)
IOS 33 (rev  3608)
IOS 34 (rev  3608)
IOS 35 (rev  3608)
IOS 36 (rev 54321): Trucha Bug, ES_Identify, NAND Access
IOS 37 (rev  5663)
IOS 38 (rev  3867)
IOS 40 (rev  3072): Stub
IOS 41 (rev  3607)
IOS 43 (rev  3607)
IOS 45 (rev  3607)
IOS 46 (rev  3607)
IOS 48 (rev  4124)
IOS 50 (rev 54321): Trucha Bug, ES_Identify, NAND Access
IOS 51 (rev  4864): Stub
IOS 52 (rev  5888): Stub
IOS 53 (rev  5406)
IOS 55 (rev  5406)
IOS 56 (rev  5662)
IOS 57 (rev  5919)
IOS 58 (rev  6176): USB 2.0
IOS 60 (rev 54321): Trucha Bug, ES_Identify, NAND Access
IOS 61 (rev  5662)
IOS 70 (rev 54321): Trucha Bug, ES_Identify, NAND Access
IOS 80 (rev 54321): Trucha Bug, ES_Identify, NAND Access
IOS202 (rev 65535): Trucha Bug, ES_Identify, NAND Access, USB 2.0
IOS222 (rev	 4): Trucha Bug, ES_Identify, NAND Access, USB 2.0
IOS223 (rev	 4): Trucha Bug, ES_Identify, NAND Access, USB 2.0
IOS236 (rev 54321): Trucha Bug, ES_Identify, NAND Access
IOS249 (rev    17): Trucha Bug, ES_Identify, NAND Access, USB 2.0
IOS250 (rev 65535): Trucha Bug, ES_Identify, NAND Access, USB 2.0
IOS254 (rev 65281)
Report generated on 2012-08-30.
14. post.

Bigge

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Maybe terrible stupid question, so u run the syscheck.gx on your computer with the sdcard in the cardreader?
You would run it from the SD card, yes. But you are saying your Lego Batman (or whatever game you think you lost) save is available in the Wii Menu? Do you think it is a new one your son created or the original one?
If it is the original one and you can't access it, then the problem is in your loader settings. If it is not there, then you most likely lost it. You should test the game with the original disc from the Wii Menu (borrow one if you don't have it) to see if you can access the save file that way.

He was in the game and playing from the beginning ang notice that his characters was gone, can it be that he created a new save when i played the game from the beginning and by doing that he replaced/erased the old one?

Maxternal

Peanut Gallery Spokesman
Trophies
Website
gbadev.googlecode.com
XP
Country
He was in the game and playing from the beginning ang notice that his characters was gone, can it be that he created a new save when i played the game from the beginning and by doing that he replaced/erased the old one?
That IS (unfortunately) possible.
And looking at your sys check, there's no way GX could be doing any kind of save game emulation with what you have installed so, basically, just ignore what we were thinking it was before.

themanuel

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That IS (unfortunately) possible.
And looking at your sys check, there's no way GX could be doing any kind of save game emulation with what you have installed so, basically, just ignore what we were thinking it was before.
I am with my hermano tico maxternal on this one, Bigge.
That seems to be the most likely cause, unfortunately.

Bigge

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Thanks guys!! for taking time and helping me.

Maxternal: You said : "there's no way GX could be doing any kind of save game emulation with what you have installed so"
What did u mean by that? is it old or just missing apps to do that kind of stuff?

If now he pushed the button Extract save to EmuNand, Then the saves would be on the Sd-card right? So can i move it back to the Wii system there he has the saves. Or where does the system place the saves?
Because there are no options in either Lego Batman or Lego Pirates to delete saved games.
So if he moved the saves to EmuNand and that is on the SD-card, then its strange it didnt show up when i went in the Wii options in save data management when i looked at the SD-card, On the wii there where all my games/saves. but as i said before the SD-card was empty.

Thanks again guys!!

themanuel

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you extracted saves to nand, you original save will still be in the Wii's internal memory.
You should try another loader, something uncomplicated like Postloader, to rule out the possibility of the problem being with your GX setup.

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
hello guys,

Sorry I still don't have my PC back.
but I just post here to let you know what's happening.
I got a new HDD, but now it's my graphic card which is dead. I have really bad luck this month.
I won't be back until few more days.

Bigge

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
ok. Nand is on the wiis memory right? and EmuNand is on the SD-card?
So in that case i would be able to locate the save file somewhere on the SD-card. So isnt there any program to extract the file the otherway around. from EmuNand to Nand.

Have read a bit about Postloader and how to install it. seems to be complicated to install to sdcard.

Maxternal

Peanut Gallery Spokesman
Trophies
Website
gbadev.googlecode.com
XP
Country
So in that case i would be able to locate the save file somewhere on the SD-card. So isnt there any program to extract the file the otherway around. from EmuNand to Nand.
where
- real NAND is inside the Wii, yes. It's the normal place game saves get put.
- emuNAND can be either on SD or USB depending on your settings.
- The system menu also has a way of putting saves on SD, too, but it's too well encrypted to work with backup loaders. That's what you'd see on the SD card in data management. You can only use it to run it from the disk channel. The system menu would automatically copy it to your real NAND before running the game.

what's needed for it to work
- The only way GX can use a save from emuNAND is if you have a d2x cIOS installed (You don't. Your's is older and can't do NAND emulation that way.)
- The other way to save to emuNAND is with xNEEK stuff but that's completely unrelated to GX.

Now, If I understand right, the game we're talking about is one where you can only save ONE game progress so starting over from the beginning overwrites and deletes whatever you already had installed.
SO
IF he either copied or moved the save in data management BEFORE the game was started over(in which case you'd be able to see the save on SD in data management and you could put it back)
OR he pressed the "extract save" option BEFORE the game was started over (in which case it would be backed up in emuNAND which you can't use directly with the cIOS you currently have)
THEN you could get it back. Otherwise, no dice.

I think you could use Save Game Manager GX to see what saves are on your emuNAND (if you have one) and put them back into your real NAND but I don't have much experience with that program. That feature MIGHT also need you to have installed a d2x cIOS anyway and upgrading can't do any harm. It would improve game compatibility, in fact. You can download everything you need on a computer with ModMii.

AbdallahTerro

da KiNG
Trophies
Website
ccabz.wordpress.com
XP
Country
I guess I found a real bug this time:
FW/Channels made with CRAP don't show on real nand mode- Banner view mode
Not that I'll use them but the empty channels slots look ugly :)

Edit: also messing with them, like clicking and trying to preview then switching mode causes weird behavior/slowdowns/freezes... ugly stuff u know

Bigge

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
where
- real NAND is inside the Wii, yes. It's the normal place game saves get put.
- emuNAND can be either on SD or USB depending on your settings.
- The system menu also has a way of putting saves on SD, too, but it's too well encrypted to work with backup loaders. That's what you'd see on the SD card in data management. You can only use it to run it from the disk channel. The system menu would automatically copy it to your real NAND before running the game.

what's needed for it to work
- The only way GX can use a save from emuNAND is if you have a d2x cIOS installed (You don't. Your's is older and can't do NAND emulation that way.)
- The other way to save to emuNAND is with xNEEK stuff but that's completely unrelated to GX.

Now, If I understand right, the game we're talking about is one where you can only save ONE game progress so starting over from the beginning overwrites and deletes whatever you already had installed.
SO
IF he either copied or moved the save in data management BEFORE the game was started over(in which case you'd be able to see the save on SD in data management and you could put it back)
OR he pressed the "extract save" option BEFORE the game was started over (in which case it would be backed up in emuNAND which you can't use directly with the cIOS you currently have)
THEN you could get it back. Otherwise, no dice.

I think you could use Save Game Manager GX to see what saves are on your emuNAND (if you have one) and put them back into your real NAND but I don't have much experience with that program. That feature MIGHT also need you to have installed a d2x cIOS anyway and upgrading can't do any harm. It would improve game compatibility, in fact. You can download everything you need on a computer with ModMii.

ok, thanks for the info.
The game we are talking about have 4 saving slots. U cant delete them in the game. U have only two options New game and load game, DAMN! I just thought of something. If my kid chose a new game u get a option which saving slots of those 4 u want two use, after that a question comes up and says " Are u sure u want to use this slot? all of your excisting progress will be lost"
That must be what he have done! I cant think of something else.

I used savegame manager GX, can choose to look in Wii, SD or mii. I chose SD, there is a folder named Nand then a new folder called title then 00010000 then 53434a50 and in the last folder there is a icon on Lego Pirates. But dont know if that`s a save or what. But why is only the LEGO Pirates icon on SD and not the other games?

If i update to d2x cIOS, will my softmod disappear? have read that Gx and other usbloader apps will disappear but guess i will get a new version of Usb loader after i update.

I read that modmii does all the downloading and installing for the wii to my sd-card. is there something i have to do when i put it back in the wii console? is NUSAD wizard tutorial good to use? after i do this. What will i have to do when i put it in my wii? Will modmii download and install Usblader and so?
And what cIOS will i get?

Maxternal

Peanut Gallery Spokesman
Trophies
Website
gbadev.googlecode.com
XP
Country
The game we are talking about have 4 saving slots. U cant delete them in the game. U have only two options New game and load game, DAMN! I just thought of something. If my kid chose a new game u get a option which saving slots of those 4 u want two use, after that a question comes up and says " Are u sure u want to use this slot? all of your excisting progress will be lost"
That must be what he have done! I cant think of something else.
Could be.
I used savegame manager GX, can choose to look in Wii, SD or mii. I chose SD, there is a folder named Nand then a new folder called title then 00010000 then 53434a50 and in the last folder there is a icon on Lego Pirates. But dont know if that`s a save or what. But why is only the LEGO Pirates icon on SD and not the other games?
That would probably be because the "extract" button was just pushed with THAT game and not any others. The emuNAND starts completely blank unless you extract or install something to it.
If i update to d2x cIOS, will my softmod disappear? have read that Gx and other usbloader apps will disappear but guess i will get a new version of Usb loader after i update.
Don't worry, updating a cIOS will not make ANYthing dissapear. It'll just one little thing and the rest stays. What you've heard about is updating your system menu ... and even that doesn't get rid of everything ... but I still don't recommend updating the system menu.
I read that modmii does all the downloading and installing for the wii to my sd-card. is there something i have to do when i put it back in the wii console? is NUSAD wizard tutorial good to use? after i do this. What will i have to do when i put it in my wii? Will modmii download and install Usblader and so?
I don't know much about the NUSAD wizard tutorial. ModMii will put the stuff you need to install it onto your Wii onto the SD card along with it, too. Basically, here's the process:
- download and unzip ModMii.
- run ModMii
- type the following ([enter] means the enter key and it should make sense with what's on the screen. Ignore the space I put before the enters.)
I Agree [enter]
2 [enter]
YAWM [enter]
[enter]
[enter]
24956 [enter]
25056 [enter]
D [enter]
Y [enter]
- wait for it to finish downloading.
- type
O [enter]
- copy everything in the window that pops up to the SD card
- you can close all the windows at this point
- put the SD card in the Wii
- open the homebrew channel
- run Yet Another WAD Manager Mod
- Keep pressing (A) until you can see the two files to be installed
- Press (A) on each one and select "install"
- Done (You can edit the WAD manager with the home button)
And what cIOS will i get?
You will be getting a d2x v8 cIOS with base 56 as 249 and base 57 as 250 which should be the most compatible.

Bigge

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Themanuel and Maxternal... Thanks alot!!! very nice of you guys to take your time to help me out!!

Does Modmii install Usbloader or i have to do that manually?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FQOFpDdg5rQ