• Start date
  • Views 7,278,785
  • Replies 29,410
  • Likes 48

AaronZ

Trophies
XP
Country
Does this work with JUST SD cards? I can get it running from my USB drive but when I try running it from my SD Card (which has more space) without the USB inserted, I boot USB Loader GX and it looks for a USB drive then counts down and goes back to the Wii system menu. I'm booting it from HBC (not a Wii Channel).

I only have the apps/usbloader_gx/ folder and wbfs folder on the root (which like I said, works on the USB but not the SD alone, or does it NEED a USB device inserted?

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
The new beta with Channel layout is available in the beta thread.

If you test it, please report your correct value for banner position and size in all video mode (50/60Hz).
(If you can, report on the beta thread, not here)

Here what we need (these are my values):
PAL50 (576i)
x-offset: 1
y-offset: -1
proj width: 620
proj height: 448

PAL60 (480p)
x-offset: 2
proj height: 464

This is the position and size of the banner+black border when displaying the big banner animation.
Dimok and me don't have the same values, so we will need to find the best value to make them the default value for the final release.

themanuel

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The new beta with Channel layout is available in the beta thread.

If you test it, please report your correct value for banner position and size in all video mode (50/60Hz).
(If you can, report on the beta thread, not here)

Here what we need (these are my values):
PAL50 (576i)
x-offset: 1
proj height: 448

PAL60 (480p)
x-offset: 2
proj height: 464

This is the position and size of the banner+black border when displaying the big banner animation.
Dimok and me don't have the same values, so we will need to find the best value to make them the default value for the final release.
I'm very excited about this, but something is wrong with that build. It crashes the Wii into a black screen immediately.
Are there any special settings that need to be changed?

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
nop, not April 1st yet in europe.

That build didn't work...
We will post a new one as soon as possible, and fixing a last minute bug too :P

Sorry guys, I didn't test the very last build before release.

Edit:
Fixed version available.
Enjoy :D

Note:
Channel mode doesn't work with Hermes cIOS v4. but nobody are using v4, right?
Just use another cIOS if you have the "ahbprot required" message.

themanuel

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
nop, not April 1st yet in europe.

That build didn't work...
We will post a new one as soon as possible, and fixing a last minute bug too :P

Sorry guys, I didn't test the very last build before release.

Edit:
Fixed version available.
Enjoy :D
Ha, ha!
I was screwing with you.
I'll check the fixed file as soon as I can.

I just had a chance to try it:
I'm speechless. It is absolutely incredible. This is the integrated solution with original Wii feel that I always wished for. I no longer need any other loaders or even the system menu. I'm loading this straight from the modified bootmii .elf, which loads incredibly fast. I have to say that the Gamecube solution really surprised me, especially on the icon side. It just looks right at home with the real VC games.
All of the banners project seamlessly on my TV, with my US Wii.

The only thing I would say is that now the spinning disc options ends up too buried into the settings menu. I would suggest enabling the spinning disc view by clicking the games with the "B" button. This way, the normal view would be the banner, by clicking with "A", but a spinning disc would be handily available.

Now all we really need is an active banner creation community to make banners for Gamecube games :P

In all, big kudos to the GX team. This is simply stunning. You have just put yourselves in a new league.

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
The B button is already used in the list view to scroll the games faster.
Maybe we will also add the B scrolling feature horizontally for the wall and carousel view. (requested on the beta thread many times as "pan view" by mmueller)

At first, I missed the spinning/rotating disc too, but now when I go back to it, the channels miss me :P
It's too bad we don't see the DVD label and we can't quickly change the favorite level (go to the game settings to set the fav. level). but we had to choose how to display the banner animation, and keeping both rotating and banner would have been too many windows to accept to launch the game.

As for the banners for Gamecube, the big banner data is dynamically generated by reading the real banner.bnr from the game. to recognize the game without zooming, you can wait for the tooltip to display the game name.
Maybe we could allow users to place GAMEID.bnr in SD:/games/ folder (transfered with the iso if on USB:/games/), and if not found then the default one will be used. It's just an idea for future improvement.

We still have improvements and fixes to do, but thanks :)

Hielkenator

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
jawdrop1.jpg

THANK YOU!

Word can't describe what I'm feeling right now....
This is FAR better than ANY officila Ninty stuff.
Both looks and usability surpass official stuff.

INCREDIBLE WORK.

pepxl

GFX W!Z4RD
Trophies
XP
Country
On another note, i dont seem to be seeing any Play or back buttons to start the game while in animation window, i have the darkwii extended theme currently so would that be the issue as the resources are loaded from NAND, also when i move the cursor to the bottom of the window i get a DSI dump.

themanuel

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Would it be possible to add the Gamecube logo music when the banner for a GCN game is shown, or at least have it as an option?
That would make GCN games consistent with the others, since Wii games have their own banner sound and VC games have the chime sound.
Perhaps it could be made a choice for GCN games:
- GCN logo sound
- VC chime sound
- Background music

Thanks.

Hielkenator

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Would it be possible to add the Gamecube logo music when the banner for a GCN game is shown, or at least have it as an option?
That would make GCN games consistent with the others, since Wii games have their own banner sound and VC games have the chime sound.
Perhaps it could be made a choice for GCN games:
- GCN logo sound
- VC chime sound
- Background music

Thanks.
I Agree.

Also:

First of all, AWESOME JOB GUYS~!

My Wii is set up 4:3 ratio
USBLGX looks amazing, no problems.

But...

When I setup my wii in 16:9, the covers and buttons are displayed as thin lines.
Changing the ratio option in usblgx doesnt matter.
Resetting the settings does'nt fix it.

I'm happy in 3:4 but I wanted to let you know.
Are the INITIAL WII RATIO SETTINGS SAVED FOR FIRST BOOTUP?
For now there's NO way to switch between them without breaking the USBLGX gui...

Also confirming the Go vacation banner glitch. Also SM Galaxy looks "strange".
But this does'nt bother me...

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
On another note, i dont seem to be seeing any Play or back buttons to start the game while in animation window, i have the darkwii extended theme currently so would that be the issue as the resources are loaded from NAND, also when i move the cursor to the bottom of the window i get a DSI dump.
Ah, it's caused by a missing resource from NAND.
Either it couldn't read the NAND (you need AHBPROT), or the file is missing or unreadable.

It should look very bad without the NAND access (you see only square channels, without anything around them, and when zooming the big channel you don't see anything at the bottom so you can't hit "back/preferences" or "start", if you move the pointer over the missing button it code dump. The channel mode shouldn't be available if the resources are not loaded)

I never installed a theme on my wii, so I didn't test that. Though, I thought themes replaced files, not delete/rename them.
Maybe we would need someone to test it for us.

@Hielkenator:
Which ratio are you talking?
There are two of them :
- one in GUI setting, which is ONLY for the width of the windows/popup/menu. it's looks best when not using that (the windows are bigger, don't use "fix widescreen option")

- one in the Banner Animation settings (the Projection width/height specify the size of the big banner)

I never encountered the covers and buttons displayed as "thin line" like you said.

satanishere

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I am having a strange issue with version 2.3, the original wii sports game (NOT wii sports resort) and a motion plus controller. Basically, if I try to play wii sports with an internal motion plus (not the latest controller, bought them about 1(?) year ago), the game says that I must remove the extension(?) from the wiimote before continuing. I have an NTSC-J wii and the game is NTSC-J. I haven't played wii sports in some time, but I do remember the game working fine in the past. I can't remember if that was with the wiimote with the internal motion plus or not though. What further information do you require to troubleshoot this issue?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    O @ Olqase93: Hi, I need help whit my r4 r4itt new please