Trophies
Website
www.neorame.de
XP
Country
Gambia, The
BlueStar said:
cyrex said:
[*]An official coverart pack by NeoRame can be found here NeoRame´s 3D Boxart - All in one Coverpack 1463 covers.
New_icons_17.gif

These are great - are there being new ones of these made as new games come out though? Have all of my games with nifty 3d covers, apart from ExciteBots, where I've had to use a crappy 2d one because obviously it's just come out and isn't in the pack.
an update will be come later, i work on it ;-)

olifr

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
France
giantpune said:
@olifr
Try to re download the source. The button that it's getting stuck on may have gotten corrupt somehow. If that doesn't help, I don't know then. Smack you computer a couple times. It really helps.
DLed the latest revision (r155) but now the build is frozen on the file patchhook.S...
wacko.gif

...really need to smack my computer ?
biggrin1.gif

pvi

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I got the loader working (great loader!!), but sometimes my wii freezes in the screen where the disc is spinning (I'm not clicking the disc yet, just hovering over it with the mouse). It happens with random titles and at random time intervals (no pattern detected yet). I've had this problem with several of the latest versions.

Anyone experienced the same problem?

zouille83

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
NeoRame said:
BlueStar said:
cyrex said:
[*]An official coverart pack by NeoRame can be found here NeoRame´s 3D Boxart - All in one Coverpack 1463 covers.
New_icons_17.gif

These are great - are there being new ones of these made as new games come out though? Have all of my games with nifty 3d covers, apart from ExciteBots, where I've had to use a crappy 2d one because obviously it's just come out and isn't in the pack.

You are working on the new pack : good , I want to know if you will includ the new dvdcover in High Def ( on www.theotherzone.com) ?

And , can you say me the good size for 3D cover for 16/9 mode because I try in 130x224 ( normal size for 16/9) but it doesn't work , 130 in not multiple of 4

Thank you

PS : somebody know how change the writing color of the game liste because I've a black background
rolleyes.gif

dancemonkey

Trophies
XP
Country
First, thanks for this great gui !!!!! Since 152 if I go into settings then back out again it crashes with DSI, 151 is fine. I wanted to see if anyone else has the problem before I mark it as a bug. Cheers.

djmvt

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
olifr said:
hey coders,

1st of all THX for this amazing loader ! Very very good work !
evil.gif

I'm a trying to build the loader by myself (I'm a coder too & I'm curious
wink.gif
) but the makefile script is frozen on that line :

Code:
bin2s -a 32 /c/devkitpro/examples/wii/usbloader-gui/source/images/menu_button_over.png | powerpc-gekko-as -o menu_button_over.png.o

Here are the complete logs :
> "make"
FreeTypeGX.cpp
audio.cpp
input.cpp
main.cpp
menu.cpp
c:/devkitpro/examples/wii/usbloader-gui/source/menu.cpp: In function 'int MainMenu(int)':
c:/devkitpro/examples/wii/usbloader-gui/source/menu.cpp:3159: warning: unused variable 'ios'
video.cpp
gui_button.cpp
gui_element.cpp
gui_image.cpp
gui_imagedata.cpp
gui_keyboard.cpp
gui_optionbrowser.cpp
gui_sound.cpp
gui_text.cpp
gui_trigger.cpp
gui_window.cpp
apploader.c
cfg.c
disc.c
dns.c
dvd_broadway.c
fst.c
http.c
oggplayer.c
partition.c
patchcode.c
sdhc.c
sys.c
usbstorage.c
utils.c
video2.c
wbfs.c
wdvd.c
wpad.c
libwbfs.c
c:/devkitpro/examples/wii/usbloader-gui/source/libwbfs/libwbfs.c: In function 'wbfs_ren_disc':
c:/devkitpro/examples/wii/usbloader-gui/source/libwbfs/libwbfs.c:520: warning: pointer targets in passing argument 1 of 'strncpy' differ in signedness
c:/devkitpro/examples/wii/usbloader-gui/source/libwbfs/libwbfs.c:520: warning: pointer targets in passing argument 2 of 'strncpy' differ in signedness
c:/devkitpro/examples/wii/usbloader-gui/source/libwbfs/libwbfs.c: In function 'wbfs_estimate_disc':
c:/devkitpro/examples/wii/usbloader-gui/source/libwbfs/libwbfs.c:567: warning: unused variable 'disc_info_sz_lba'
rijndael.c
wiidisc.c
patchhook.S
font.ttf
bin2s -a 32 /c/devkitpro/examples/wii/usbloader-gui/source/fonts/font.ttf | powerpc-gekko-as -o font.ttf.o
echo "extern const u8" `(echo font.ttf | sed -e 's/^\([0-9]\)/_\1/' | tr . _)`"_end[];" > `(echo font.ttf | tr . _)`.h
echo "extern const u8" `(echo font.ttf | sed -e 's/^\([0-9]\)/_\1/' | tr . _)`"[];" >> `(echo font.ttf | tr . _)`.h
echo "extern const u32" `(echo font.ttf | sed -e 's/^\([0-9]\)/_\1/' | tr . _)`_size";" >> `(echo font.ttf | tr . _)`.h
background.png
bin2s -a 32 /c/devkitpro/examples/wii/usbloader-gui/source/images/background.png | powerpc-gekko-as -o background.png.o
echo "extern const u8" `(echo background.png | sed -e 's/^\([0-9]\)/_\1/' | tr . _)`"_end[];" > `(echo background.png | tr . _)`.h
echo "extern const u8" `(echo background.png | sed -e 's/^\([0-9]\)/_\1/' | tr . _)`"[];" >> `(echo background.png | tr . _)`.h
echo "extern const u32" `(echo background.png | sed -e 's/^\([0-9]\)/_\1/' | tr . _)`_size";" >> `(echo background.png | tr . _)`.h

... bla bla bla ...

menu_button.png
bin2s -a 32 /c/devkitpro/examples/wii/usbloader-gui/source/images/menu_button.png | powerpc-gekko-as -o menu_button.png.o
echo "extern const u8" `(echo menu_button.png | sed -e 's/^\([0-9]\)/_\1/' | tr . _)`"_end[];" > `(echo menu_button.png | tr . _)`.h
echo "extern const u8" `(echo menu_button.png | sed -e 's/^\([0-9]\)/_\1/' | tr . _)`"[];" >> `(echo menu_button.png | tr . _)`.h
echo "extern const u32" `(echo menu_button.png | sed -e 's/^\([0-9]\)/_\1/' | tr . _)`_size";" >> `(echo menu_button.png | tr . _)`.h
menu_button_over.png
bin2s -a 32 /c/devkitpro/examples/wii/usbloader-gui/source/images/menu_button_over.png | powerpc-gekko-as -o menu_button_over.png.o

It seems that bin2s is frozen : if I kill the process, the build is restarting but it freeze again few images later...

Can someone tells me what's wrong please ? (if it can help, I'm on Vista).

THX 4 ur help !

Hi there,

Tried compiling the loader myself on Vista 32bit but have exactly the same problem. Could not figure out where the problem came from but after installing the same devkit on my XP laptop I had no issues on compiling at all.

So it seems that Devkit and Vista don't play well together for some reason...

MvT

j0k3r

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
hi @ all,

What must I paste in my config.txt. I only have 1 Line in the config.txt

Code:
wimages_path = SD:/wimages/

are there other Lines, that I have to paste ???

NeoRame

Trophies
Website
www.neorame.de
XP
Country
Gambia, The
zouille83 said:
NeoRame said:
BlueStar said:
cyrex said:
New_icons_17.gif

You are working on the new pack : good , I want to know if you will includ the new dvdcover in High Def ( on www.theotherzone.com) ?

And , can you say me the good size for 3D cover for 16/9 mode because I try in 130x224 ( normal size for 16/9) but it doesn't work , 130 in not multiple of 4

Thank you

PS : somebody know how change the writing color of the game liste because I've a black background
rolleyes.gif
no i will be in 3d cover standart size (176x248)

djmvt

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Hi developers,

I have been folowing this thread and the previous usb loader threads for quite some time now but haven't made an account on GBAtemp since I could figure out most of the problems myself.

So this is my second post here
smile.gif

Just to let you know I discovered some bugs that I did not read about yet so maybe this is a good time to let you know:

There are some problems with save games on games like Rockband 2 and Guitar hero world tour.
I do own copies of both games original, savegames work perfectly with them but when I play the games from my USB disc the savegames are not recognized wich results in not being able to continue playing a tour for example.

Also in Guitar hero world tour the DLC wich I downloaded earlier (when playing from the original game disc) doesn't work anymore.

I guess it has something to do with limited support of the sd card while playing games from USB HD but I am not entirely sure about that.

Hope these problems do get solved sometime in the near future
smile.gif

Anyhow thanks for this great piece of software, even when owning most of my games original it is great to select them from a menu and not to have the whole stack within hand reach all of the time
wink.gif

Greetz

MvT

j0k3r

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
j0k3r said:
hi @ all,

What must I paste in my config.txt. I only have 1 Line in the config.txt

Code:
wimages_path = SD:/wimages/

are there other Lines, that I have to paste ???

Please
frown.gif

moviecouple

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hadn't heard an answer from the developers on my last question.... which is now buried. Just curious.

moviecouple said:
When Downloadable Covers gets re-implemented back into the loader.... will it be for 3D or Standard covers? Also... will it also download the disc art covers too?

schnitzelbrain

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
QUOTE said:
Hi there,

Tried compiling the loader myself on Vista 32bit but have exactly the same problem. Could not figure out where the problem came from but after installing the same devkit on my XP laptop I had no issues on compiling at all.

MvT

Mmmh, just took the v155 under vista32, compiles fine
rolleyes.gif

By the way do u get the complete source, file by file. I take httrack, it gets me the whole trunk area

djmvt

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
schnitzelbrain said:
QUOTE said:
Hi there,

MvT

rolleyes.gif

By the way do u get the complete source, file by file. I take httrack, it gets me the whole trunk area

Hey schnitzelbrain,

Yeah I did, with tortoise actually but that doesn't make a difference as far as I know. I'm guessing it has something to do with the software already installed on my system, perhaps it's even the virus scanner, who can tell??

But anyway I have multiple systems here so getting the compiling done on my laptop is no problem for me.
smile.gif

MvT

Daileon

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Brazil
moviecouple said:
Hadn't heard an answer from the developers on my last question.... which is now buried. Just curious.

moviecouple said:
When Downloadable Covers gets re-implemented back into the loader.... will it be for 3D or Standard covers? Also... will it also download the disc art covers too?

Probably will be configurable.

marinos35

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
as far as I know there isn't a setting like that. you can't define where your images are. THE only think that you can define is your theme folder so far. Those things change from hour to hour, so don't wait for a full config guide until there is an official release out.

jarock

Trophies
XP
Country
pvi said:
I got the loader working (great loader!!), but sometimes my wii freezes in the screen where the disc is spinning (I'm not clicking the disc yet, just hovering over it with the mouse). It happens with random titles and at random time intervals (no pattern detected yet). I've had this problem with several of the latest versions.

Hi.
Yes I too get these freezes but only on occation and usually after moving the mouse over the cd. Then it spins faster. After mouse is moved away the image spins down this is were it freezes?.
Correct if I am wrong but this is the case with most revisions. I thought maybe just me but appears to be a minor bug!

schnitzelbrain

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
jarock said:
pvi said:

Hi.
Yes I too get these freezes but only on occation and usually after moving the mouse over the cd. Then it spins faster. After mouse is moved away the image spins down this is were it freezes?.
Correct if I am wrong but this is the case with most revisions. I thought maybe just me but appears to be a minor bug!

Did u use readymade dol or compiled urself. It seems when i compile the source myself i do not have the freezes. never shure because its a very intemittend problem

olifr

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
France
djmvt said:
schnitzelbrain said:
QUOTE said:
Hi there,

MvT

rolleyes.gif

Hey schnitzelbrain,

Yeah I did, with tortoise actually but that doesn't make a difference as far as I know. I'm guessing it has something to do with the software already installed on my system, perhaps it's even the virus scanner, who can tell??

But anyway I have multiple systems here so getting the compiling done on my laptop is no problem for me.
smile.gif

MvT

I am able to build successfully the latest revision on XP but on Vista, it still not working (bin2s frozen...). As mentioned by MvT, perhaps a compatibility pb with the virus scanner (or any other resident application).
Anyway, I will develop on XP.

Scoobyscoobydoo

Trophies
XP
Country
dlxowhd said:
when using a forwarder channel, does it take some time to get to the usb loader?
i made this forwarder channel and i can't tell if it's normal or slow.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FZQY_Rezm9w&fmt=18
i'm testing out many usb loader and right now i'm mainly using 2 loaders: configurable and gui.

Mine takes that amount of time to load from a forwarder. Not sure if there are any quicker ones out there, its loads much faster via the hbc

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    @SylverReZ if you could find a v5 DS ML you would have the best of both worlds since the v5 units had the same backlight brightness levels as the DS Lite unlockable with flashme
    but that's a long shot
    i think only the red mario kart edition phat was v5
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    A woman with no arms and no legs was sitting on a beach. A man comes along and the woman says, "I've never been hugged before." So the man feels bad and hugs her. She says "Well i've also never been kissed before." So he gives her a kiss on the cheek. She says "Well I've also never been fucked before." So the man picks her up, and throws her in the ocean and says "Now you're fucked."
    +2
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    lmao
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    anyways, we need to re-normalize physical media

if i didn't want my games to be permanent, then i'd rent them
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Agreed, that why I try to buy all my games on disc, Xbox anyways. Switch games (which I pirate tbh) don't matter much, I stay offline 24/7 anyways.
    +1
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    I don't pirate them, I Use Them :mellow:. Like I do @BigOnYa 's couch :tpi::evil::rofl2:
    +1
  • cearp @ cearp:
    @BakerMan - you can still "own" digital media, arguably easier and better than physical since you can make copies and backups, as much as you like.

The issue is DRM
    +1
  • cearp @ cearp:
    You can buy drm free games / music / ebooks, and if you keep backups of your data (like documents and family photos etc), then you shouldn't lose the game. but with a disk, your toddler could put it in the toaster and there goes your $60

:rofl2:
  • cearp @ cearp:
    still, I agree physical media is nice to have. just pointing out the issue is drm
    +1
  • rqkaiju2 @ rqkaiju2:
    i like physical media because it actually feels like you own it. thats why i plan on burning music to cds
  • cearp @ cearp:
    It's nice to not have to have a lot of physical things though, saves space
    +1
    Nor clothes 🤮 . Saves on time, soap, water and money having to wash them. :D
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @rqkaiju2, Physical media is a great source for archiving your data, none of that cloud storage shiz.
    +1
    [squeezes @SylverReZ onto a physical media, then archives you in my old stuff box] :tpi::rofl2::tpi:
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    guys, should i change my pfp to one of these or keep it the same?
    iu

iu

(i guess i could change it to one of my other pfps too, but i just want to see what you guys think first)
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @BakerMan, Up to you.
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    smug sonic time lmao
    +1
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Chronic The HempHog
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EtapU5nI6G4 +1