• Replies 29,370
  • Likes 48

antiaverage

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
moviecouple said:
I see the GameID#, but is there a way to tell what region it is just from that number? I find it hard to tell if a game is PAL or NTSC... especially when you have a few hundred.

loony747 said:
Also, it says you can download boxart in the first post, but I still can't see how to do that.

Will it also have disk art downloads later on?

jeanrmarques said:
moviecouple said:
I see the GameID#, but is there a way to tell what region it is just from that number? I find it hard to tell if a game is PAL or NTSC... especially when you have a few hundred.

Yes, theres is. The 4th character is the region character, as in Mario Kart (RMC)
RMCE01 - E stands for NTSC-U
RMCP01 - P stands for PAL
RMCJ01 - J stands for NTSC-J

The Game ID consists in 4 parts: R MC E 01
1 - Platform (R stands for Wii, it can also be other chars for wiiware, vc snes, vc nes, etc... Theres also some wii discs that use 'S', but I dont know why..)
2 - Game Code (in this case, MC wich is Mario Kart Wii)
3 - Region (E for NTSC-U, P for PAL and J for NTSC-J)
4 - Maker Code (The softwarehouse code 01 stands for Nintendo, 8P for Sega, 69 for EA, and so on..)

hope it helps :-)

Jean

This is the switch statement I wrote to determine region on DJTaz's cover art server:

CODE
switch( $id[3] ) {
ÂÂÂÂcase 'D':
ÂÂÂÂcase 'F':
ÂÂÂÂcase 'P':
ÂÂÂÂcase 'X':
ÂÂÂÂcase 'S';
ÂÂÂÂcase 'Y':
ÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂ$type = "pal";
ÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂbreak;
ÂÂÂÂcase 'J':
ÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂ$type = "ntscj";
ÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂbreak;
ÂÂÂÂcase 'E':
ÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂ$type = "ntsc";
ÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂbreak;
ÂÂÂÂdefault:
ÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂ$type = "pal";
}

As you can see, there are quite a few letters. All are accounted for in this switch statement.

And yes, disk art for downloads is up, but still under construction. It will be fully operational very soon. At the moment, DJTaz is wanting to gather higher res art.

dope_X

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
keyra said:
QUOTE said:
Latest revision (rev109) just black screens on me every time. I'm booting from HBC. Any ideas?
played for 2hours with it and no problem...

may there be a problem with pal / ntsc wiis?
i got a pal one and get only blackscreens too..
do you use config & title textfiles? or just that boot.dol?

Supercool330

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
SleepyPrince said:
the program just freeze when it cannot resolve theotherzone.com
Ok, that's the problem, I don't have my wii hooked up to the internet. Could we either put a timeout on net init (which would slow down boot drastically) or just move net init to the settings menu, a download button on the main menu, or something.

GEnick

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
i cant start Don King Boxing through USB Loader... not only by yours, no Loader can load it. Has anyone else this problem?

dope_X

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
great... turning on wifi solves that blackscreen occuring..

@devs:
please implement a way to disable the need of wifi, i hate it to have wifi turned on.. ^^

biggzsizzle

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
LoL Works for ME! So here's my working configuration!

I have the rev102 Channel WAD installed, with the rev109 boot.dol .
And everything works as it should except,...if I start the USB Loader from it's channel, then I can't use the option (return to HBC) when exiting the program, the system crashes if I select "HBC".

But if I start the loader from inside the HBC, I can choose that option and return to browse the apps in HBC.

Wii System v4.0U
d2Pro 15-wire
cIOS Rev. 10

geedub

Trophies
XP
Country
GEnick said:
i cant start Don King Boxing through USB Loader... not only by yours, no Loader can load it. Has anyone else this problem?

nope working fine here

also im PAL and no black screen here , however im using a forwader.dol and it takes about 15 seconds to load ( but im sticking with a forwader just now , to many revisions lol )

Blue-K

No right of appeal.
Trophies
XP
Country
Swaziland
hungyip84 said:
keyra said:
QUOTE said:
Latest revision (rev109) just black screens on me every time. I'm booting from HBC. Any ideas?
played for 2hours with it and no problem...

Probably because you don't have a network. I believe nIxx would fix this issue.
Mhm..I have a working Network, and I always recieve a black Screen, WiiMote gets disconnected, along with the HD...will try a few times more....

kamakaze

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
loony747 said:
Also, it says you can download boxart in the first post, but I still can't see how to do that.

Will it also have disk art downloads later on?

Box art download is great, but would one have to manually resize the png file to 160X224 (if the box art is not in 160X224 format that is)?

supagusti

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
cyrex said:
(...)Changelog (important changes only): rev109
New_icons_17.gif
(...)

• Is there an complete changelog (from version 0.0.1 till now) out ?
    Didn't found anything like that on the google code page
    Its because I don't want to read the whole thread to get all the nessesary infos

kamakaze

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
lexlth said:
I have another question... sorry if it was already answered:
When I am installing a game, and the wii is rebooted or I turn it off. What happens to the data already written to the HD ?
I am asking this because I have some games that I think it is dificult to read from the DVD, and I turn off the game because I had to go out.

There could also have a cancel button to cancel the Add game feature....

If I can add my two cents for the "wish list" I would call for the "cancel" button/option to stop the game Add process. I have had numerous instances of code dump error on installing games. It would be nice to have an option to boot out before/after code dump error via wiimote push button action, without having to push the power button on the wii console.

kamakaze

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
giantpune said:
it is set up to get 160x224 boxart. no resize needed

I take it you are referring to the autodownload from theotherzone.com. It seems the box arts in that site is 160X(>224). Are you saying that the boot file will resize those png files automatically or will pull in files already formatted to 160X224?

Servdogg

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
moviecouple said:
I've been keeping track of the old Ultimate thread and started looking at this one too. Great to see that people are taking to to try new things and refine and challenge new ideas. This is how ventures and companies are made.

Now. something that I would have loved to have seen in the older Ultimate Loader ad hopefully will see in the new one. It is something stupid and small, but would help in the long run.

I have a NTSC system and setup. It would be nice to see on the loader if a game shows up as an NTSC or PAL game. So many times I can't remember a PAL game and try to load it and then remembered that it had to be patched. I know you can lock it in place after initial loading, but it would be nice to see maybe next to the GameID (RVZP52) PAL somewhere.

Just a suggestion.

Can't you just rename the titles so they come up as PAL, NTSC or whatever in the title.txt. And also if you can see the game IDs you can just look at the fourth digit in the game ID to figure out the region.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: I really don't want to buy this fap tab...