• Likes 47

emjayes

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
moviecouple said:
I have a NTSC system and setup. It would be nice to see on the loader if a game shows up as an NTSC or PAL game. So many times I can't remember a PAL game and try to load it and then remembered that it had to be patched. I know you can lock it in place after initial loading, but it would be nice to see maybe next to the GameID (RVZP52) PAL somewhere.

Just a suggestion.

Absolutely no need for that, IF the loader would default to "system video" instead of "game video" mode.

BenJeremy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
BenJeremy said:
This USB loader needs a good name, something top make it stand out from the (very) crowded field.

How about....
  • Monster Menu
  • Guii (Pronounced "Gwee")
  • Revolver (play on revolution)
Try to think of something unique, people....

I might have a few suggestions on features, I worked on a menu system for the Xbox called "MXM", toward the end, before work and family issued burned me out of the scene, I had some slick stuff, like 3-D models and vectored manipulation of graphics. I like what's been done with this one so far, though.

QUOTE(BenJeremy @ Apr 20 2009, 10:14 PM) Couple more things....

1) I have a Maxtor "One Touch" and unless I want to run it all the time, it goes into stand by after 3 hours (my own setting). Unfortunately, I have to unplug/plug the power in when bringing it up the first time, since the Wii supplies power all the time to the USB ports. Can the power be programatically toggled with the current dev libs?

2) The battery life icons for the controllers is great... how about icon indicators for the individual settings (Ocarina, video and language modes)?

3) With the keyboard, can we get the ability to edit the text for the game name? It would be nice to be able to fix some of the titles.

Man, that got buried fast in last night's thread.

One more to add to the list of potential names:

[*] Wiiloaded

Good work, guys.

dope_X

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
could someone please tell me why im gettin only a black-screen when i am trying to load that dol ?
do i have to turn wifi on?
or maybe its just the missin config?

btw. nice work guys... ^^

thx

supagusti

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Hi,

GOOD WORK !

But, i'd like to see some quick scrolling funktion (B-Button doesn't work for me)
Maybe you can put some general settings screen in too, where you can turn off some features like autodownload cover, locking of the (+) Button, etc.

Again: Thanks a lot 4 your work !

loony747

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Does this loader have separate Options/Setting for each game, like the Ultimate USB Loader had?

I just got it up and running, and will test it as soon as my WD Elements formats.

moviecouple

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I see the GameID#, but is there a way to tell what region it is just from that number? I find it hard to tell if a game is PAL or NTSC... especially when you have a few hundred.

geedub

Trophies
XP
Country
moviecouple said:
I see the GameID#, but is there a way to tell what region it is just from that number? I find it hard to tell if a game is PAL or NTSC... especially when you have a few hundred.

4th letter is the region mate ! ie P is PAL
E is NTSC (USA )
J is NTSC ( JAP )
but there is also X , Y ( maybe others i aint seen ) which i think is also PAL

lexlth

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I have another question... sorry if it was already answered:
When I am installing a game, and the wii is rebooted or I turn it off. What happens to the data already written to the HD ?
I am asking this because I have some games that I think it is dificult to read from the DVD, and I turn off the game because I had to go out.

There could also have a cancel button to cancel the Add game feature....

skfields01

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Never knew that that 4th letter dictated the region. Huh... Learned something new today. Thanks. So there is P, N, J, and X? And X is Pal also? Interesting.

jeanrmarques

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
moviecouple said:

Yes, theres is. The 4th character is the region character, as in Mario Kart (RMC)
RMCE01 - E stands for NTSC-U
RMCP01 - P stands for PAL
RMCJ01 - J stands for NTSC-J

The Game ID consists in 4 parts: R MC E 01
1 - Platform (R stands for Wii, it can also be other chars for wiiware, vc snes, vc nes, etc... Theres also some wii discs that use 'S', but I dont know why..)
2 - Game Code (in this case, MC wich is Mario Kart Wii)
3 - Region (E for NTSC-U, P for PAL and J for NTSC-J)
4 - Maker Code (The softwarehouse code 01 stands for Nintendo, 8P for Sega, 69 for EA, and so on..)

hope it helps :-)

Jean

geedub

Trophies
XP
Country
skfields01 said:
Never knew that that 4th letter dictated the region. Huh... Learned something new today. Thanks. So there is P, N, J, and X? And X is Pal also? Interesting.

yes nearly , but i just edited my last post lol

4th letter is the region mate ! ie P is PAL
E is NTSC (USA )
J is NTSC ( JAP )
but there is also X , Y ( maybe others i aint seen ) which i think is also PAL

dope_X

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
dope_X said:
could someone please tell me why im gettin only a black-screen when i am trying to load that dol ?
do i have to turn wifi on?
or maybe its just the missin config?

btw. nice work guys... ^^

thx

nobody knows?
frown.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: good night