Hacking USB LOADER 1.0 by waninkoko

pokeparadox

Trophies
XP
Country
Got a little idea/feature request.
I like my Guitar Hero and I have quite a few Guitar Hero customs. I think it would be rather cool if you could install a "base disc" and then any customs you install onto the USB loader would take the base disc and only install the different data to save space.
So it's basically realtime ISO patching.

Would be nice and useful if possible.

muzz

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have played with this and would like to thank everyone involved. This is great! I have one of the 7inch screen portable units to go with my Wii and I must say this makes the Wii so much more portable without the worry of my purchased game collection getting stolen or damaged.
smile.gif
There is legit purpose for this tool. I have 2 partitions on the drive, one with xwhiite I bootvia boot-it, one with WBFS a great setup. You can see the possibilities there. Hope sometime the wifi driver can be created then it's uber portable (no more LAN adapter). I have had one problem game. MK:Armageddon, it rips fine; loads up until the intro cut scene then goes back to the sysmenu, doesn't make sense. I am on 3.2 with preloader .28 and USB2.0b2. Can anyone confirm a playable MK:Armageddon dump to disk? Thanks.

MikeyTaylorGaming

YouTube Glitcher
Trophies
Website
youtube.com
XP
Country
United Kingdom
gonna buy an external HDD USB2 for this in a minute, but i've got a few questions that i dont want to search 33 pages of topic for sorry...

1. will ANY USB2 HDD work? i'm going for a 160GB that i can partition to backup my PC files and store games from the USB loader.

2. will the USB loader dump backup games too?

3. (i'll probably google this anyways but) how do i actually partition the HDD when i get it? never done anything like that, but take it that its easy to understand
smile.gif

tlangford

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
wbfs_win is a very useful program. Plug your wbfs usb device into your windows pc and type "wbfs_win.exe X extract DISCID" and it will copy an iso file of the chosen game to your pc HDD. Which you can then burn to DVD. Much quicker than DVD dumper.

S.Bear

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I feel like such a fool, although anyone can say so with hindsight. The majority of my backups are PATCHED copies...which the USB Loader doesn't seem to recognise as Wii Discs and thus refuses to install them =( I patched them to get the filesize down below 4gb because i was storing them on my External Hard Drive which was formatted to FAT32 and therefore didn't allow the transfer of single files above 4gb. I realise i should have formatted it to NTFS earlier but then I had no idea a USB Loader was on the way all those months ago. I'd like for any future updates to include the ability to install patched games on my external hard drive because otherwise there's no way i can install my games....does anyone think it would be simple to add such support or does the fact that the games are patched present a real problem?

~S~

david432111

Trophies
XP
Country
mikeyt1998 said:
gonna buy an external HDD USB2 for this in a minute, but i've got a few questions that i dont want to search 33 pages of topic for sorry...

1. will ANY USB2 HDD work? i'm going for a 160GB that i can partition to backup my PC files and store games from the USB loader.

3. (i'll probably google this anyways but) how do i actually partition the HDD when i get it? never done anything like that, but take it that its easy to understand
smile.gif
1. Yes
2. Yes
3. I'll let you google for that. But note this, the application uses a special file system. But I'm sure that there will be guides that show you how soon.

NeoNight

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
9th_Sage said:
morrissey2k7 said:
Now THIS is interesting:

I installed De Blob to my HDD, and when I tried to play it, it would say "Loading...." on the screen and freeze up.

I tried it again with a disc in the Wii and it played perfectly! (It was a just a backup of a different game, so any disc will do).
Metroid Prime 3 is the same way.

Both should play fine with out the disc in teh drive... well they worked fine for me anyway....

edit: nvm same thing happens to me >.

A

alucard_xs

how is it possible to format the hd ? I've got 4 partition non formatable from the application ...

old_darkness

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
mikeyt1998 said:

smile.gif

1. My Trekstor 160 GB Model no : UH35J dosn´t work. Its a drive with USB-HUB.

MikeyTaylorGaming

YouTube Glitcher
Trophies
Website
youtube.com
XP
Country
United Kingdom
ah thanks alot david432111

now just one more question.

my super smash bros brawl game cant be read by my wii anymore, i think my wii developed the issue that prevents dual layer discs being read...

but will the USB loader still be able to dump the game regardless or not? i'm thinking not because the wii cant read the whole disc properly anyways lol.

zidane_genome

My sword has a +2 bleeding... wanna test it out?
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Don't go out buying a USB hard drive... it's way too expensive, and some don't work!

Get a IDE/SATA 2 USB adapter, they cost like $10-$15 on eBay, and you can use ANY drive it's connected to!

ebay listing

That's the exact one I have, and EVERY SINGLE HD i've tested works perfectly, IDE and SATA!

--=ZerO=--

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
david432111 said:
mikeyt1998 said:

smile.gif
1. Yes

Nope... I had to buy a new enclosure for the hdd i wanted to use.
The original enclosure did not work... so definitely not all external hdds will work...

--JoCa--

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Just a basic question: Can you dump a backup game with a unmodded wii? It recognizes the DVD ain't a Wii game, but it does read it, right?

ploggy

WAKA! WAKA!
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
zidane_genome said:
Don't go out buying a USB hard drive... it's way too expensive, and some don't work!

Get a IDE/SATA 2 USB adapter, they cost like $10-$15 on eBay, and you can use ANY drive it's connected to!

ebay listing

That's the exact one I have, and EVERY SINGLE HD i've tested works perfectly, IDE and SATA!

Thats what I ordered about 2 hours ago except the one i'm getting is just the ide lead (no power supply) and thats only £3.34

joy

rockbmi

Trophies
XP
Yes you can copy a backup game on a console that does not have a chip installed. Im doing it right now with Paper Mario.

Kosaic

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I have to say, some of the questions in this thread are too funny. There are CLEARLY people trying to use this, or install it, that shouldnt be. It COULD NOT be any easier.

Also, before posting questions that have been asked 100 times, learn how to use the search function in the forum. It is your friend.

Great Work Waninkoko & Kwiirk !

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    @TwoSpikedHands, I'll preface this with the fact that I know nothing about the game, but, I think it depends on what your goals are. Are you trying to make a definitive version of the game? You may want to refocus your efforts on the EU version then. Or, are you trying to make a better US version? In which case, the only way to make a better US version is to keep on plugging away at that one ;)
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    I'm not familiar with the technicalities of the differences between the two versions, but I'm wondering if at least some of those differences are things that you could port over to the US version in your patch without having to include copyrighted assets from the EU version
  • TwoSpikedHands @ TwoSpikedHands:
    @Sicklyboy I am wanting to fully change the game and bend it to my will lol. I would like to eventually have the ability to add more characters, enemies, even have a completely different story if i wanted. I already have the ability to change the tilemaps in the US version, so I can basically make my own map and warp to it in game - so I'm pretty far into it!
    I really would like to make a hack that I would enjoy playing, and maybe other people would too. swapping to the EU version would also mean my US friends could not legally play it
    I am definitely considering porting over some of the EU features without using the actual ROM itself, tbh that would probably be the best way to go about it... but i'm sad that the voice acting is so.... not good on the US version. May not be a way around that though
    I appreciate the insight!
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    @TwoSpikedHands just switch, all the knowledge you learned still applies and most of the code and assets should be the same anyway
    and realistically they wouldn't

be able to play it legally anyway since they need a ROM and they probably don't have the means to dump it themselves
    why the shit does the shitbox randomly insert newlines in my messages
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It does that when I edit a post.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It inserts a newline in a random spot.
    never had that i don't think
  • Karma177 @ Karma177:
    do y'all think having an sd card that has a write speed of 700kb/s is a bad idea?
    trying to restore emunand rn but it's taking ages... (also when I finished the first time hekate decided to delete all my fucking files :wacko:)
    @Karma177 that sd card is 100% faulty so yes, its a bad idea
    even the slowest non-sdhc sd cards are a few MB/s
  • Karma177 @ Karma177:
    @The Real Jdbye it hasn't given me any error trying to write things on it so I don't really think it's faulty (pasted 40/50gb+ folders and no write errors)
  • DinohScene @ DinohScene:
    run h2testw on it
    +1
  • DinohScene @ DinohScene:
    when SD cards/microSD write speeds drop below a meg a sec, they're usually on the verge of dying
    +1
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Samsung SD format can sometimes fix them too
  • Purple_Heart @ Purple_Heart:
    yes looks like an faulty sd
  • Purple_Heart @ Purple_Heart:
    @Psionic Roshambo i may try that with my dead sd cards
    +1
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    It's always worth a shot
    @The Real Jdbye, I considered that, but i'll have to wait until i can get the eu version in the mail lol
  • I @ I-need-help-with-wup-wiiu:
    i need help with nusspli failed downloads, can someone respond to my thread? pretty please:wub:
    I @ I-need-help-with-wup-wiiu: i need help with nusspli failed downloads, can someone respond to my thread? pretty please:wub: