Trophies
XP
Country
Swaziland
Bladexdsl said:
mousex said:
My first (very bad) modding attempt on the USB Loader
nyanya.gif

Photoshop is still installing, this was a quick try with Gimp.

how did you do that?
I'm guessing, but I think he edited the source
tongue.gif
. Don't know how the source code looks like...anyways, I think it's not that hard replacing an Image...I'm still waiting for a cool, over-the-top GUI...maybe we should ask Soulanger if he can take a look at it, when he finished MENUdo
tongue.gif
. It should be possible, if we would have a good coder who's willing to do that...damm, I realy need to learn coding...-.-

purespin

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
mugel0190 said:
@Screemer
RB2, GH:WT, GH3 and GHA working fine so far. Except Microphone. Maybe I can get it to work somehow, but I think the USB Loader gets confused when another USB device is connected...

RB1 drum, guitar (and all the USB microphone) are not working as they connect to wii via USB hub. Once the USB loader starts, the LED lights on drum and guitar are off and they are not functioning.

AdamBrunt

Trophies
XP
Country
I'm sure I read earlier, that USB Loader only works (or at least only detects the HDD) when there is nothing else connected to the USB slots - so GH and RB USB instruments may well not work.

I'm hoping that v1.2 includes support for (a) USB hubs and (b) both USB slots being recognised. However, I don't know enough about how USB works to know how difficult it is to test for a single USB device as opposed to several.

feidhlim1986

Trophies
XP
Country
Do you know what bugs me.....seeing these games that are only 2-3GB. Even Galaxy is 3.2, they could have fit another GB of levels and fun!! Or MarioKart Wii 2.6GB, loads more space for tracks, characters etc.
Apart from SSBB, Metroid Prime 3 is the only game so far I've seen that is using the most space at 4.2GB

Posts merged

purespin said:
mugel0190 said:
@Screemer
RB2, GH:WT, GH3 and GHA working fine so far. Except Microphone. Maybe I can get it to work somehow, but I think the USB Loader gets confused when another USB device is connected...

RB1 drum, guitar (and all the USB microphone) are not working as they connect to wii via USB hub. Once the USB loader starts, the LED lights on drum and guitar are off and they are not functioning.

Does the hub you are using have a seperate power source of does the hub take the power from the Wii?

rwilts

Trophies
XP
Country
Mine is running fine with a USB charging station running from the second port at the same time.

The only question i have is how do you safely eject the disc before shutting down?

purespin

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Blue-K said:
Oh, and about the Rockband-USB instruments...I can confirm that I had a Beta, in which Kwiirk tried to add Hot-Plugging, and more. I'm pretty shure there will be an Update for that...only question how long it will take
wink.gif

That will be great!!! The most game we played are RB2 with RB1 instruments.

AdamBrunt

Trophies
XP
Country
rwilts said:
Mine is running fine with a USB charging station running from the second port at the same time.

So USB Loader works will find the HDD regardless of there be a device in the other slot ? Anyone tried with the HDD attached to a hub ?

Blaat

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
After reading through the last 37 pages I am almost sure that my question hasn't come up yet.

I understand that the only thing you need is the Cios installer and the USB Loader. However, I do have two minor questions.

First: I most of the time see people who are applying the Cios to a 3.2 or 4.0 version. Since I only installed HBC through the TP hack a week ago on my 3.4E version I haven't downgraded it yet. So, does this also work on a not modified (Except for the TP hack) 3.4E version without bricking the Wii?

Second: After this patch is there any need to downgrade and install hacks such as the Starfall hack to prevent possible bricking when playing backups or when applying this patch? Because if I don't have to worry about bricking again it would be useless to downgrade my Wii and worry about installing the Starfall hack to prevent a brick.

Hope someone could answer my two questions
smile.gif

purespin

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
feidhlim1986 said:
Do you know what bugs me.....seeing these games that are only 2-3GB. Even Galaxy is 3.2, they could have fit another GB of levels and fun!! Or MarioKart Wii 2.6GB, loads more space for tracks, characters etc.
Apart from SSBB, Metroid Prime 3 is the only game so far I've seen that is using the most space at 4.2GB

Posts merged

purespin said:
mugel0190 said:
@Screemer

Does the hub you are using have a seperate power source of does the hub take the power from the Wii?

No, the hub is taking the power from the wii. Does it make a difference? Unfortunately I don't have a powered USB hub.

feidhlim1986

Trophies
XP
Country
purespin said:
No, the hub is taking the power from the wii. Does it make a difference? Unfortunately I don't have a powered USB hub.

Its just a guess really, that not enough power is going to the instruments with the USB HDD plugged in. I have a USB Hub that you plug into the wall. I dont have any RB/GH Instruments to test my theory though.

My Wiimote Charging station only takes power from the USB and it seems to work fine with a HDD plugged in also.

phaerun

Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
My hdd does not work if there is any other usb device plugged (namely the charger or the usb to ethernet adapter). It does not work if i plug the drive through a hub as well (hub is powered from the usb it does not have a separate power).
Whenever there is anything but direct connection, the loader simply refuses to recognize the drive. I have a Transcend 320GB 2.5 inch (TS320GSJ25C) btw.

Then again there are times that the loader does not detect the drive even if it is the only device plugged and i have to turn the wii off and on a couple of times before it sees the drive so maybe the loader has issues with my hdd. I tried to stick a usb reader and put in a 8GB sd card but that just refuses to run any isos that the hdd does.

I guess the loader might be having some compatibility issues with certain drives.

purespin

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
oneleggedjack said:
can someone point me to the source for the USB Loader 1.1 w/force NTSC?
I wanna try to change the background as well

How do you compile these thing? Do you need any SDK from Nintendo?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    "pine unf apple" doesn't count! Lol
    Employee code of conduct videos are awesome!!! Did you know eating the other employees is bad? I didn't know... Lol
    +1
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    Anymore males there? :blush:
    All of us lol
    I got free every channel so that's awesome lol
    +1
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    Give me ALL the gay pron channels, since you won't be watching them :blush::D
    +1
    Lol they exist?
    +1
    Hmmm so Mario Does Luigi's plumbing is a bad movie? Lol
    These videos are soooo dry
    Please click all suspicious links sent your email
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    What to do today? Cut grass for 3-4 hours, or just get drunk and play video games... Hmm
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I need a remote controlled mower, so I can sit on the couch and do both.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Sounds good to me, video games and booze it is then.
    +1
  • denpafan @ denpafan:
    Good choice
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Now what to play, Starfield or Fallout4. And what to drink, beer or Whiskey and Coke. Such tough decisions.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Looks like its whiskey & coke, only 4 beers left. And think ill start with Falllout. :grog:
  • rqkaiju2 @ rqkaiju2:
    THIS IMAGE IS SO SCARY WTF. THAT SURE AS HELL IS NOT A CAT THATS LIKE A FUCKING DEMON

Untitled2.png
    Bonus points for running things over with the lawn mower?
    +1
    Monster truck Lawn Mower extreme
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    she was an apple appstore girl
    he was an uptodown boy
    He was an android boy
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: He was an android boy