• Friendly reminder: The politics section is a place where a lot of differing opinions are raised. You may not like what you read here but it is someone's opinion. As long as the debate is respectful you are free to debate freely. Also, the views and opinions expressed by forum members may not necessarily reflect those of GBAtemp. Messages that the staff consider offensive or inflammatory may be removed in line with existing forum terms and conditions.

US troops withdrawal from Afghanistan

kevin corms

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
the issue is that the uptick of these "kinds" of situations has Blown up recently (mask attack, school board meetings, asian attacks, Captiols ). .. but have to admit in the Middle of a convo of Domestic Extremist VS Foreign. That situation I think proved a point.
There is also a bunch of FBI/CIA operations trying to manufacture consent. They used to find young Muslim men and convince them to commit crime so they could "stop" them... now they are working on domestic people. https://apnews.com/article/health-g...rus-pandemic-1acd2e74bdb8878bb78debb24215d8cf

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

I never said that anybody was perfect. What I said is that Fox News is apparently guilty of things that other news network like CNN and MSNBC aren't guilty of. Regarding CNN in particular, the Wikipedia page you linked to doesn't include anything like what I mentioned with Fox News.

I don't watch CNN (or any news channel really, since I'm not 60 years old), but they don't appear to be anywhere close to as controversial as Fox News.
That's not true in the least little bit. Only difference is most mainstream news sources all agree with CNN. Even all the fact checking websites try to be easy on CNN, despite their pants on fire lies and misleading bs. For example, Im not a big Trump fan but this was the full interview when he said "very fine people" https://www.politifact.com/article/2019/apr/26/context-trumps-very-fine-people-both-sides-remarks/
He said the below almost immediately after that, CNN kept claiming he never ever said anything like this.. even after he condemned these groups about 20 times publicly. Why does it matter? Well if you convince racists that the president is on their side and the country is being controlled by racists, do you think that is a good thing for anyone?

"So you know what, it’s fine. You’re changing history. You’re changing culture. And you had people -- and I’m not talking about the neo-Nazis and the white nationalists -- because they should be condemned totally. But you had many people in that group other than neo-Nazis and white nationalists. Okay? And the press has treated them absolutely unfairly."

Reason I bring this up, its so obvious and blatant that its disgusting.

Oh, of course there was also this where many things were admitted. https://time.com/5936036/secret-2020-election-campaign/

"HOW CLOSE WE CAME
There was one last milestone on Podhorzer’s mind: Jan. 6. On the day Congress would meet to tally the electoral count, Trump summoned his supporters to D.C. for a rally.

Much to their surprise, the thousands who answered his call were met by virtually no counterdemonstrators. To preserve safety and ensure they couldn’t be blamed for any mayhem, the activist left was “strenuously discouraging counter activity,” Podhorzer texted me the morning of Jan. 6, with a crossed-fingers emoji."

Doesn't sound like an fbi/cia operation at all does it? CNN and others even made sure to keep planting the seeds of a coup before weirdos were let in and took selfies. Its even more disturbing that people got hurt and it became nothing more than some joke to the reporters and other entertainers manufacturing consent. The time article still has lies in it, but they were so excited about what they pulled off they let a little truth out.

Last edited by kevin corms,

BitMasterPlus

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That would mean actually sourcing your claims with something other than tweets and Youtube videos from alt-right trolls. In other words, it'd be a massive improvement for you.
You mean being a bitter and delusional moron? Oh yes, improvement indeed.

DoubleDate

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
You mean being a bitter and delusional moron? Oh yes, improvement indeed.

Hi mate, being friendly and kind to you, i understand your fustration and the lack of empathy from some people in here. Its not worth it being in the offensive mode against some individuals in here. They are like Biden, blind and cant see what is going on. Even when presented with proof that Biden administration did knew that Kabul would fall they still deny it. I understand your will, all who are against Bidens decision are thinking for the wellbeing of the people trapped there at the moment. China is the next one to cause another big wave, every mayor outlets is calling USA weak, even here in the Netherlands every news coverage is saying how bad Biden botched it and the danger that it means to the world now.

In the end, Biden opened Pandora's box and if things dont get resolved it will be not good for Western cities.

The Pentagon has confirmed now that they will not be able to evacuate everyone, flight are flying back empty to western cities. While this is happening the president of Belarus is forcing some refugees behind the back of the EU and USA to cross borders, we dont know what for type refugees those are. Blind people will stay stuck with their heads in the sand until catastrophe hits and will like Biden start pointing fingers at others instead of finding a solution to prevent casualties.

Last edited by DoubleDate,
Reactions: BitMasterPlus

SyphenFreht

As above, so below
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I can't wait until the next president comes into office.

"Joe Smith's been in office for 3 days, and he still hasn't fixed homelessness! Drain the swamp! It's nobody else's fault but his!"

At the end of the day, troops are coming home. Maybe not all at once. Maybe not in the best way possible. Maybe with casualties. Idk how many idiots it takes to stop a war, but evidently we've got a herd here that thinks wars end like a soccer game. Time's up, pat each other on the butt, move on to the next third world country we need to bleed oil dry under the guise of ending terrorism.

Reactions: Dakitten

Dakitten

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi mate, being friendly and kind to you, i understand your fustration and the lack of empathy from some people in here. Its not worth it being in the offensive mode against some individuals in here. They are like Biden, blind and cant see what is going on. Even when presented with proof that Biden administration did knew that Kabul would fall they still deny it. I understand your will, all who are against Bidens decision are thinking for the wellbeing of the people trapped there at the moment. China is the next one to cause another big wave, every mayor outlets is calling USA weak, even here in the Netherlands every news coverage is saying how bad Biden botched it and the danger that it means to the world now.

In the end, Biden opened Pandora's box and if things dont get resolved it will be not good for Western cities.

The Pentagon has confirmed now that they will not be able to evacuate everyone, flight are flying back empty to western cities. While this is happening the president of Belarus is forcing some refugees behind the back of the EU and USA to cross borders, we dont know what for type refugees those are. Blind people will stay stuck with their heads in the sand until catastrophe hits and will like Biden start pointing fingers at others instead of finding a solution to prevent casualties.

Have you ever stopped to consider that calling people blind while not listening to them might, in fact, be both offensive and hypocritical? I am curious, to some small extent, what kind of media sources you subscribe to, as I suspect there may be some bias reaffirmation going on.

Biden didn't open Pandora's box, he just closed it. Everything that transpired has been there since the occupation began, and the only way it could have gone differently was to make it a permanent colony. Some level of organization in the withdrawal MAY have reduced casualties, but it also has continually been a place of hostility and casualties as it was occupied. This needs to be a UN issue, if anything.

Reactions: Ibcap

silien3

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Have you ever stopped to consider that calling people blind while not listening to them might, in fact, be both offensive and hypocritical? I am curious, to some small extent, what kind of media sources you subscribe to, as I suspect there may be some bias reaffirmation going on.

Biden didn't open Pandora's box, he just closed it. Everything that transpired has been there since the occupation began, and the only way it could have gone differently was to make it a permanent colony. Some level of organization in the withdrawal MAY have reduced casualties, but it also has continually been a place of hostility and casualties as it was occupied. This needs to be a UN issue, if anything.
its comes from a French site I translated so that you can see that its more sheep but assassins, terrorists or xenophobes and those in favor of the 3rd world war at the level of those who support biden

here are the most striking parts

If anti-American terrorist groups like Al-Qaeda come to re-establish themselves in Taliban-controlled Afghanistan, the United States retains "an over-the-horizon capability to eliminate them," the president argued. American, referring to missiles and other long-range strikes.

and

Joe Biden did not rule out Wednesday having to keep US troops at Kabul airport beyond the August 31 deadline if all US nationals still in the country are not evacuated by then.
"We will determine when the time comes who is still there," the US president told ABC. "If there are still American citizens, we will stay to bring them out," he added, without specifying the American intentions regarding the Afghans who have failed to reach Kabul airport from here. the.

shameful and inhuman to president

Sicklyboy

#JOYCONBOYZFOREVER
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

All of this boils down to one central point to me - if the US occupation of Afghanistan didn't "fix the problems" after 20 years, what will? How much longer should we stay, another 20? 40 more years? What should we do different for the next five decades we're there?

It's a shit situation and I truthfully don't know how it could have turned out any different, but if someone here has a magic solution I would love to hear it, and I think you'd make a very, very lucrative living working for the government.

Ibcap

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
All of this boils down to one central point to me - if the US occupation of Afghanistan didn't "fix the problems" after 20 years, what will? How much longer should we stay, another 20? 40 more years? What should we do different for the next five decades we're there?
Absolutely this, theres some serious sunk cost fallacy going on here. "Well we already sunk in X billions of dollars and lives so if we quit now we are behind. We have to keep going until we are in the green." Thats how people go bankrupt.

Also its funny how people here on the right are calling Biden weak and a disaster for pulling out when that was Trumps plan. So I guess theyre actually calling Trump weak? The comments on the Fox article posted earlier highlight this in hilarious ways, saying that 'Trump was a strong leader, unlike Biden' when Biden is just following Trumps original order. Really shows how the delusional right will hate Biden no matter what he does, even if he literally just follows what Trump says.

silien3

Trophies
XP
Country
France
already waiting for the taliban to return home for the winter its will make more people who survive then talk with the other countries at a bloody gathering to get out all those at risk and find out who could take care of the immigrants who will now become illegal immigrants and not diplomatic immigrant because of his certain country will send them back to be killed no means to deal with it fear that its a terrorist ect must stop at a time of the solutions to recover the soldiers and not cause massacres its exists my solution greatly reduced the dead compare to now and I am not a genius so its to exaggerate your propagating to minimize the deaths and the responsibility of biden at a time must stop biden is not trump ses he who is president they could say no i am not trump done otherwise your excuse bogus trump would have signed for gas rooms you would have followed your biden who would have continued his ?

sorry for the english i use google translate

Last edited by silien3,

Dakitten

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
already waiting for the taliban to return home for the winter its will make more people who survive then talk with the other countries at a bloody gathering to get out all those at risk and find out who could take care of the immigrants who will now become illegal immigrants and not diplomatic immigrant because of his certain country will send them back to be killed no means to deal with it fear that its a terrorist ect must stop at a time of the solutions to recover the soldiers and not cause massacres its exists my solution greatly reduced the dead compare to now and I am not a genius so its to exaggerate your propagating to minimize the deaths and the responsibility of biden at a time must stop biden is not trump ses he who is president they could say no i am not trump done otherwise your excuse bogus trump would have signed for gas rooms you would have followed your biden who would have continued his ?

sorry for the english i use google translate

I am unsure if I am addressing your point properly, so I apologize if I am misrepresenting you... but are you suggesting the US should have moved a fraction of the country's population and a majority of its wealth back to native soil prior to abandoning the husk of the hollowed out country to the same terrorist organization they funded to fight in the first place? Because that, too, is incredibly imperialistic.

I believe in full on open borders because I find private land ownership abhorrent, but getting out is a net positive and the people of the region are sadly going to come to some rather upsetting terms regardless of how long we stay and how many corpses we make. We have no right being there, or governing. Or torturing anybody, since you brought it up.

silien3

Trophies
XP
Country
France
I am unsure if I am addressing your point properly, so I apologize if I am misrepresenting you... but are you suggesting the US should have moved a fraction of the country's population and a majority of its wealth back to native soil prior to abandoning the husk of the hollowed out country to the same terrorist organization they funded to fight in the first place? Because that, too, is incredibly imperialistic.

I believe in full on open borders because I find private land ownership abhorrent, but getting out is a net positive and the people of the region are sadly going to come to some rather upsetting terms regardless of how long we stay and how many corpses we make. We have no right being there, or governing. Or torturing anybody, since you brought it up.
So your logic must go there, we leave and then die without a state of soul and no I was talking about first talking with all the other countries to know you the thing where everyone gathers and remove those at homosexual risk those who have helped coming from Afghanistan ect and removing the troops in winter the taliban goes home for a while holds its allows a lot of survival and everyone is ready to do what it takes the murdered journalists would have survived and would have returned home

and since the taliban would not be there for a while, intelligent people might have had other help better than me but no biden wanted a present and future massacre

add this crisis so that you understand the lack of discussion between countries on the part of biden

Without a Western military presence in Afghanistan, or a cooperative local intelligence service, it will now be much more difficult to identify and intercept al Qaeda activity, especially in remote and rugged areas like Kunar province. .
Elsewhere in the world, al Qaeda affiliates in East and West Africa recruit regularly. They will have benefited from a significant boost in morale thanks to what Al-Qaeda considers a humiliating defeat for the West.

Ibcap

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So your logic must go there, we leave and then die without a state of soul and no I was talking about first talking with all the other countries to know you the thing where everyone gathers and remove those at homosexual risk those who have helped coming from afghanizing ect and removing the troops in winter the taliban goes home for a while holds its allows a lot of survival and everyone is ready to do what it takes the murdered journalists would have survived and would have returned home

and since the taliban would not be there for a while, intelligent people might have had other help better than me but no biden wanted a present and future massacre

add this crisis so that you understand the lack of discussion between countries on the part of biden

Without a Western military presence in Afghanistan, or a cooperative local intelligence service, it will now be much more difficult to identify and intercept al Qaeda activity, especially in remote and rugged areas like Kunar province. .
Elsewhere in the world, al Qaeda affiliates in East and West Africa recruit regularly. They will have benefited from a significant boost in morale thanks to what Al-Qaeda considers a humiliating defeat for the West.
If it was that important to the survival of the west then maybe other countries should have been helping. Im tired of having my country throw away billions of dollars that could go towards better healthcare and schooling on this war while other western nations enjoy those benefits. I know the US has positioned itself as the global police, but that should not be our position and it was stupid for us to take it in the first place. Any step away from that is fine with me. If you want to move against the taliban then fine, maybe France can take a crack at it.

silien3

Trophies
XP
Country
France
If it was that important to the survival of the west then maybe other countries should have been helping. Im tired of having my country throw away billions of dollars that could go towards better healthcare and schooling on this war while other western nations enjoy those benefits. I know the US has positioned itself as the global police, but that should not be our position and it was stupid for us to take it in the first place. Any step away from that is fine with me. If you want to move against the taliban then fine, maybe France can take a crack at it.
and the British who are there and die because no discussion was not of the help can be with the method that I said your soldiers would be removed from there so you have to stop your lack of humanity and your phony excuses at a time

Ibcap

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
and the British who are there and die because no discussion was not of the help can be with the method that I said your soldiers would be removed from there so you have to stop your lack of humanity and your phony excuses at a time
So when the US leaves the country its 'a lack of humanity and phony excuses' even though your own country left Afghanistan 9 years ago and doesnt want to spend its resources and lives helping. Sounds like we arent the selfish ones here. You dont get to complain about us leaving unless you are giving up your nations resources to help.

silien3

Trophies
XP
Country
France
So when the US leaves the country its 'a lack of humanity and phony excuses' even though your own country left Afghanistan 9 years ago and doesnt want to spend its resources and lives helping. Sounds like we arent the selfish ones here. You dont get to complain about us leaving unless you are giving up your nations resources to help.
I speak French but I live not in France so not my country anyway perverted what I said shows your lack of humanity I gave a simple method that precisely removes your soldiers and allows everyone to manage the situation so pretend that its a crime to think that more people survive and that your soldiers all come back to safety compare to now yes I am a monster I think of everyone's life and everyone's future shame on me

Sicklyboy

#JOYCONBOYZFOREVER
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
We care less than the other 1000 countries that don't care and wont be taking them either, Lecture Canadians.

Just remember this next time a progressive wants to lecture you on the importance of masking, No price is ever to high for THEIR priorities.

239371851_257368392876543_3751519908445340888_n.jpg

Lol.

Just remember this next time a conservative wants to lecture you on fake news, they'll be sure to reference fake news in the process.

Or they'll pull the classic Trump move of "It's just a picture, it's a perfect picture, there was no implication behind it, I just wanted to share the picture, some say it's the best picture I've ever shared, truly beautiful."

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news...plane-full-afghan-men-shared-2018/8163796002/
https://www.aa.com.tr/tr/turkiye/afganistan-uyruklu-6-bin-846-kacak-gocmen-ulkesine-dondu/1120255

Ibcap

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I speak French but I live not in France so not my country anyway
Your profile says France so I was going off of your registered country.
perverted what I said shows your lack of humanity I gave a simple method that precisely removes your soldiers and allows everyone to manage the situation so pretend that its a crime to think that more people survive and that your soldiers all come back to safety compare to now yes I am a monster I think of everyone's life and everyone's future shame on me
I didnt see you give a method, but ok lets say you did. Take a step back and realize that none of us understand what was/wasnt communicated with other countries or even what it is like to coordinate events like this. Theres absolutely no way for you to know that your 'method' would work or is viable in the slightest. Honestly I have no idea if Biden did a good or a bad job given the circumstances because this is too complex of an issue for random people without that level of experience to comprehend.

silien3

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Your profile says France so I was going off of your registered country.
I didnt see you give a method, but ok lets say you did. Take a step back and realize that none of us understand what was/wasnt communicated with other countries or even what it is like to coordinate events like this. Theres absolutely no way for you to know that your 'method' would work or is viable in the slightest. Honestly I have no idea if Biden did a good or a bad job given the circumstances because this is too complex of an issue for random people without that level of experience to comprehend.
It was in the previous page you may have to jump or google translate has translated incorrectly if its the case, sorry if not from what I know the taliban will go home during the winter so waiting for that moment would have saved those who would be kill before his last come back the taliban left the american soldiers return the other countries see it and do the same and death to avoid certain after the taliban take everything but everyone would have a chance at least and some death as the current journalist would be alive and with their family unless they would stay despite the return of the American soldiers, it would be them who would decide to risk their lives at that time.
added that biden would have been able to require a consensus from Western countries to discuss and see how to make its possible in a short time ect there is a lot of thing and to decide which could be dissected certain would have maybe even better than mine if he had discussed and reflected with the military and the vice president would have been able to help

sorry I hope to make myself understood

Last edited by silien3,

Xzi

Time to fly, 621
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
It could have been done in a manner that put less people at risk
All the Republicans are saying this, none of them are elaborating any further. The military was telling the Biden administration that the Afghan military would have no problem standing up for itself. Trump had already drawn down our presence to 2500 troops during his administration, which was already too few to continue holding all the population centers of Afghanistan. Trump also chose to negotiate with the TALIBAN, meaning that their takeover upon our exit was an expected outcome for him. Even now he's singing their praises to anyone who will listen.

The only way we could have possibly avoided all the unnecessary casualties among the Afghan people was to stay out of the country to begin with. No president or administration would have acted any differently during withdrawal given the information the military was feeding them, least of all Trump.

chrisrlink

Has a PhD in dueling
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
All the Republicans are saying this, none of them are elaborating any further. The military was telling the Biden administration that the Afghan military would have no problem standing up for itself. Trump had already drawn down our presence to 2500 troops during his administration, which was already too few to continue holding all the population centers of Afghanistan. Trump also chose to negotiate with the TALIBAN, meaning that their takeover upon our exit was an expected outcome for him. Even now he's singing their praises to anyone who will listen.

The only way we could have possibly avoided all the unnecessary casualties among the Afghan people was to stay out of the country to begin with. No president or administration would have acted any differently during withdrawal given the information the military was feeding them, least of all Trump.
@Xzi we should've eliminated bin laden (which the obama admin did) then get the hell out,we should just bolster our defenses here at home cause we still have Russia to contend with too

Reactions: Xzi

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    I @ I-need-help-with-wup-wiiu: i have an issue with loading games on usb with usbloadergx on vwii. Is there anyone that can...