Hardware [URGENT] Is my 2DS Faulty? - 2DS Users Needed

fuzun

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
If you have 2ds, can you check that is yours like this? Can you try to seperate front panel and case with your nail with a small force and check if it comes off like this?

QLNWhZ.jpg
https://vgy.me/QLNWhZ.jpg [/IMG]
QLNWhZ.jpg

Ob5a43.jpg

I have bought this 2ds as new. And I put urgent to title because I have very small amount of time to return it.

Thank you.

Last edited by fuzun,

no_clue

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
to my untrained eye, looks like the outer shield is "crushed" in. maybe it is the camera angle? can't find my 2ds at the moment, but my dsi, o3ds, and 2 new 3ds xl's are all "smooth" (for a lack of a better term)

Reactions: fuzun

x65943

i can be your sega dreamcast or sega nightmarecast
Supervisor
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
to my untrained eye, looks like the outer shield is "crushed" in. maybe it is the camera angle? can't find my 2ds at the moment, but my dsi, o3ds, and 2 new 3ds xl's are all "smooth" (for a lack of a better term)
It's not crushed. Zoom in. It looks just like my 2ds. There are no signs of damage (on the charger port at least).

CitizenSnips

a seldom-used crab named Lucky
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
yeah my 2ds doesn't look like that, seems to be a defect... It shouldn't harm the system, just the appearance. If you think you can deal with it, I wouldn't go through the trouble of replacing it if I were you, but if it's unbearable then go ahead and get it replaced.

zoogie

playing around in the end of life
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Micronesia, Federated States of
While I think you're being just a little anal, I can't judge because I used to return DS lites for stuff like a single dead pixel or loose button.

So just return it if it bothers you.

fuzun

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
While I think you're being just a little anal, I can't judge because I used to return DS lites for stuff like a single dead pixel or loose button.

So just return it if it bothers you.
I think you did not see the first photo :)
I just do not want to take risk because after 5 days I will not be able to use any warranty service furthermore.

Oschara

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I would return it. Honestly it would bother the heck out of me if thats what my blue 2ds looked like that.

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
well seeing as you were already willing to accept it, I would say go for it, and you could just put a little spot of superglue on the bent part to hold it down on place

fuzun

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
well seeing as you were already willing to accept it, I would say go for it, and you could just put a little spot of superglue on the bent part to hold it down on place
Thank you for response.

I am actually wondering if there is any screw attaching them. Maybe It is because of a screw that did not install properly.

SparkyX1

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thank you for response.

I am actually wondering if there is any screw attaching them. Maybe It is because of a screw that did not install properly.
The 2DS only has screws next to the right and left triggers but not in that particular area. Just plastic "clips" that snap in place where yours is separating.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=_NTF5_qgH0o