Hacking Upgrading/downgrading with CIA botches Native_firm?

Amapola62

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
France
I heard you can't restore a Nand backup to sysnand if said nand was ever upgraded with cias because it can cause a brick...the problem is that one of my 3ds was downgraded with sysupdater from 10.3 to 9.2 and the other was upgraded with sysupdater in rxtools devmode from 4.3 to 9.2...

Does that mean I can't restore the 9.2 sysnand backup i made after those downgrades/upgrades?

Stephano

pessimism = Realism
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I heard you can't restore a Nand backup to sysnand if said nand was ever upgraded with cias because it can cause a brick...the problem is that one of my 3ds was downgraded with sysupdater from 10.3 to 9.2 and the other was upgraded with sysupdater in rxtools devmode from 4.3 to 9.2...

Does that mean I can't restore the 9.2 sysnand backup i made after those downgrades/upgrades?
I'm not an expert on the subject, but if doing the A9LH process 6 times has told me anything , you are able to restore previous NANDs from different firmware versions. There is always a risk of it bricking however, that is why we typically restore NAND backups on EmuNAND or a A9LH SysNAND.
To hopefully be correct and to answer your question, yes you are able restore a 9.2 SysNAND backup.

Last edited by Stephano,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: Good night