Hardware Upgraded to component but there is 'interferance'...

BrettCook

OP
Trophies
XP
Hi All,

I recently bought a component cable to replace my original Composite cable. I've changed the resolution on the system settings and my 720p TV seems to be in the correct mode (resolution shows correct in menu.)

Firstly, the pictures looks a ton better, the colours most definitely now pop.

However I have one problem - when viewing a pure black image (for example when exiting back out to the Wii menu) I can see what looks like interference with sliding black diagonal lines like in the olden days of VCR!

The other thing that happens is every so often my TV will blank to the 'blue' image like it's changing resolution which can be a pain as I lose picture of the game for a few minutes.

I am guessing it's the cable?

JoostinOnline

Certified Crash Test Dummy
Trophies
Website
www.hacksden.com
XP
Country
United States
If you aren't having problems, then stick with them. Some third party cables work fine. It's just the percentage of bad cables (or problematic cables) is far higher than with official Nintendo cables. A lot of them will flash to a black screen for a second on occasions, or the screen will flicker at times.

Lacius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I had the exact same problem. I was able to get rid of the interference by using tin foil. Play around with wrapping the ends with small pieces of tin foil and using much larger pieces to cover the whole area.

FIX94

Former Staff
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I had this loss of signal with my first 3rd-party cable, I then took another one from speedlink and this problem is gone ;)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @CameronCataclysm...