Hardware issues about wii's signal, weird diagonal lines

ExZardoz

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
hello, i'm sorry. I purchased a Portta Component to HDMI converter and with that attempted to connect my Wii to my smart TV. Regardless of the resolution settings I selected, I consistently encountered annoying gray diagonal lines across the screen. Although my phone didn't capture them well, they are right there annoying and present.I tried to find a solution online, but it seems there might not be a straightforward fix for this issue, potentially due to the limitations of the converter. that converter was $20/€‎, and even some reviews for Wii2HDMI converters suggest that similar problems persist.Are there any alternative solutions available, aside from connecting the component cables to an older TV? Perhaps better products?
WhatsApp Image 2023-09-02 at 7.56.39 PM.jpeg

JuanMena

90's Kid, Old Skull Gamer & Artist
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Just got bad luck with your Wii2HDMI.
People says that it's caused by poor "shielding" on the Wii2HDMI.
Post automatically merged:

About other possibilities, yes, the best picture you'll get from a Wii comes with Component Cables and low res HD TV's with Component inputs.

Although, you might get lucky with a black Wii2HDMI, but it's up to you if you want to take the risk again.

Last edited by JuanMena,

ExZardoz

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Just got bad luck with your Wii2HDMI.
People says that it's caused by poor "shielding" on the Wii2HDMI.
Post automatically merged:

About other possibilities, yes, the best picture you'll get from a Wii comes with Component Cables and low red HD TV's with Component inputs.

Although, you might get lucky with a black Wii2HDMI, but it's up to you if you want to take the risk again.
oh damn, Thank you for the insights.I'll look into a black one as you suggested. Using the original Component Cables on an older TV with Component inputs also sounds like a good option. I'll do some research before making a decision. Thanks for your help!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: I did use a bot for Diablo III though but no ban there lol