Gaming Updating Streetpass Plaza removes cia installed games and invalidates cia

regnad

Button Masher
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
Yeah, I have A9LH

It's normal for the cia installed Streetpass games to be removed when I access eShop or update a game. I've always just had to reinstall them with the cia, which I've left on the SD.

I assume this is really only effecting Streetpass games.

Has anyone else lost their Streetpass games after updating? If so, did you solve it, and how?

Hihomaster

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Yeah, I have A9LH

It's normal for the cia installed Streetpass games to be removed when I access eShop or update a game. I've always just had to reinstall them with the cia, which I've left on the SD.

Has anyone else lost their Streetpass games after updating? If so, did you solve it, and how?

like i said earlier i solved it by installing the mii plaza updata cia from that iso site and it fixed everything

SolMeiLei

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Yeah, I have A9LH

I probably understood wrong, but did you download the .cia for the Streetpass update, or did you download the update from the eShop?

Last edited by SolMeiLei,

epicmartin7

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Oh, for a second I wasn't sure whether this meant "all StreetPass games" or "all CIA games"...
Yeah. OP should've been a tad more specific. These Streetpass games being removed is actually really normal when it comes to deleting pirated DLC. Heck, the eShop does that all the time when you access it.

regnad

Button Masher
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
Okay, I figured out the problem.

With DevMenu, it says the via is invalid. But it installs fine with FBI.

Strange!

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Yeah. OP should've been a tad more specific. These Streetpass games being removed is actually really normal when it comes to deleting pirated DLC. Heck, the eShop does that all the time when you access it.

Yes, I should have been!! Sorry!!

Reactions: Ryccardo

Pikasack

What is a title
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
So -all in all, I'm safe to install this and it won't affect my actual Cia games like Smash, and it will only affect Streetpass Games?

VirusX2

Master Race Beast
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just a word of warning! As you would expect, updating Streetpass Plaza removes all games not legitimately bought.

However now it invalidates the cia to reinstall them.

Hopefully at some point there will be an updated cia at that ISO site, but as it stands if you update now you will lose your unpaid for games with no way of getting them back.

Update already available. Use the same ticket to download the Latest StreetPass Plaza DLC for 5.0. Old DLC won't get installed as the signature package is been updated on 5.0. You need 5.0 DLC CIA which is like 370 mb, where 4.0 DLC cia is like 248 mb. And please make sure that you are talking about the StreetPass Games only. people thinks that Games outside installed Streetpass Plaza were disappearing and some people got fainted.

regnad

Button Masher
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
Update already available. Use the same ticket to download the Latest StreetPass Plaza DLC for 5.0. Old DLC won't get installed as the signature package is been updated on 5.0. You need 5.0 DLC CIA which is like 370 mb, where 4.0 DLC cia is like 248 mb. And please make sure that you are talking about the StreetPass Games only. people thinks that Games outside installed Streetpass Plaza were disappearing and some people got fainted.

Yeah, I clearly screwed up the thread title! I was trying to keep it short, but obviously that was a mistake.

Does this 5.0 DLC contain all games, the new ones as well as the old ones?

VirusX2

Master Race Beast
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah, I clearly screwed up the thread title! I was trying to keep it short, but obviously that was a mistake.

Does this 5.0 DLC contain all games, the new ones as well as the old ones?

First change the title. Everyone panicking. Some people Fainted. Some cry babies shit their pants. Please mention them this is only for StreetPass Plaza Games.

A guy creating his own theory on his own after seeing your thread.

And yes i guess that package will be having whole dlc. Because that package is of size 370 mb. But still i'm not sure as i don't support piracy. Try by yourself. Use any CDN downloader and use that same old StreetPass Plaza ticket to download it.

Salamencizer

Cute Hot Whatever
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
India
Just a word of warning! As you would expect, updating Streetpass Plaza removes all games not legitimately bought.

However now it invalidates the cia to reinstall them.

Hopefully at some point there will be an updated cia at that ISO site, but as it stands if you update now you will lose your unpaid for games with no way of getting them back.
Nothing happening with me

omarroms

Trophies
Website
www.freewebs.com
XP
Country
United States
for those wanting to get the latest update and dlc, use ciangel, change the region to your region (use r) then search for "mii plaza" install both. ignore the naming for the usa update, it's listed as 4.1 but installs the 5.0 update. i recommend you change the option for the dlc to create cia so if you go to eshop, you can reinstall the dlc.
i've tested it and all dlc is unlock for the usa version.

PrometheusG.

Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
for those wanting to get the latest update and dlc, use ciangel, change the region to your region (use r) then search for "mii plaza" install both. ignore the naming for the usa update, it's listed as 4.1 but installs the 5.0 update. i recommend you change the option for the dlc to create cia so if you go to eshop, you can reinstall the dlc.
i've tested it and all dlc is unlock for the usa version.
why do this?can't we just update from street pass mii plaza if we are using sysNAND a9lh with 5.5 luma3DS?I am confused

Last edited by PrometheusG.,

omarroms

Trophies
Website
www.freewebs.com
XP
Country
United States
going to eshop removes install dlc so i prefer to stay away from ever opening eshop. only using ciangel and freeshop for all my cia needs.
also by using ciangel you can install the update and dlc together by queuing both and just let ciangel install everything. and when you open mii plaza you will be greeted with new games, hats, balloons and a new quick plaza look.

Last edited by omarroms,
Reactions: TimX24968B

PrometheusG.

Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
ok I just installed the update via streetpass mii plaza(I opened it and it prompted me to update) and not from eshop and nothing bad happened.all my games(from freeshop) and cia are there.I am not talking about street pass mii plaza games or anything else related to that.the title is very confusing as well as cia angel and iso sites too,you don't need them.don't know why it was made it so complicated and if I didn't understand corectly please tell me.

Damon_girl

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Did anybody else get the new streetpass games for free without downloading the DLC cia? Because when I went to one of the games it said I already had it downloaded on my SD card and asked if I wanted to re download it for free. That happened for every single one lol.

MadMageKefka

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Did anybody else get the new streetpass games for free without downloading the DLC cia? Because when I went to one of the games it said I already had it downloaded on my SD card and asked if I wanted to re download it for free. That happened for every single one lol.
Same here. I had the 4.0 DLC installed, is it because of that maybe? Is there like a season pass for streetpass plaza or something? Either way I updated via the update option in the plaza, and it worked fine and gave me ALL the games for free..... odd, but not complaining.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/9seCZUSS8zE?si=xMNkLYWrWl6kDH44