some games are not working (old 3ds xl)

Lavender01

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
hey everyone, so yesterday i bought a modded 3ds xl. i am familiar with modding, and i got used to it fairly quickly.
i decided to format the sd card & reinstall all the necessary files, and then i installed some cias. some of them worked (including super smash bros which is an extended memory game)
but, one of them did not show up on the home screen, and the other just gave me a black screen, and another just loaded endlessy.
i tried updating the games, but it did not work and when i went to the eshop update page it gave me an error.
i then got new cias off of a different site, and this time the game that was not showing up, actually showed up on the home menu. but when i tried to boot it, it gave me an arm11 / debug event error...
i tried faketik multiple times but it said "no missing tickets were found" i do have like 16 other cias waiting to be installed but i don't want to wait for 5 hours, lol.
i think this might be happening because boot9strap could be outdated, but i'm not sure to be honest.
it may have something to do with the region, because i installed us cias but the console is eur.
i hope this can be fixed.....
help is greatly appreciated!

CoolMe

That's the way she goes..
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
but when i tried to boot it, it gave me an arm11 / debug event error...
"Import seed" for the problematic games in fbi, go to titles look for your game then hit import seed. You should be connected to wifi for it to work.
Also if it's an out-of-region game you have installed, you'd want to run Luma Locale Switcher to switch the region of the game. also enable "game patching" in Luma3ds Menu for it to work.
If they still don't want to work those cias could be corrupt..
i think this might be happening because boot9strap could be outdated,
Nope, this is completely unrelated to b9s.

Lavender01

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Check the sd card with H2testw first, test it completely empty, backup your files first.
ok, i will try that! i can't try it today but yeah. it could be the adapter, i read a post on here days ago saying that adapters will fail
Post automatically merged:

"Import seed" for the problematic games in fbi, go to titles look for your game then hit import seed. You should be connected to wifi for it to work.
Also if it's an out-of-region game you have installed, you'd want to run Luma Locale Switcher to switch the region of the game. also enable "game patching" in Luma3ds Menu for it to work.
If they still don't want to work those cias could be corrupt..

Nope, this is completely unrelated to b9s.
ohhh ok thanks! i tried the seed thing (but i was not connected to internet) but tbh, the files might be corrupt too because some of them are missing info (like pictures and region)

little update: i turned on game patching, and i had a cia with unknown region & no picture but it worked fine. however i could not install luma locale switcher, i'll try that again tmrw.

Well, i tried almost everything (import seed, luma locale switcher, luma game patching, i even tried a different adapter) and some games still don't work, and i can't update games either. I did try pulling up the rosalina menu on the game that gives me a black screen and it works fine. The games themself still don't work though... I'm kind of scared tbh, i hope this can be fixed because if not i wasted my money and i can't buy another 3ds :(

Last edited by Lavender01,

CoolMe

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
some games still don't work
Try different cias (from a different source).
, and i can't update games either.
You need to set up a new NNID account in order to download game updates, also it will only work for games that are from EU (since your 3ds is from EU)..
I'm kind of scared tbh, i hope this can be fixed because if not i wasted my money and i can't buy another 3ds
Not getting some games to work doesn't mean you have to get a new 3ds, the issue is most likely either the cias themselves or the sd card. Which is why you need to check the sdcard for errors with h2testw, and use new cias to test these same games.

Lavender01

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Try different cias (from a different source).

You need to set up a new NNID account in order to download game updates, also it will only work for games that are from EU (since your 3ds is from EU)..

Not getting some games to work doesn't mean you have to get a new 3ds, the issue is most likely either the cias themselves or the sd card. Which is why you need to check the sdcard for errors with h2testw, and use new cias to test these same games.
I will try your tips soon, i did install other cias (downloaded at the same time as the others) and they all work! And about the updating thing, i used luma locale switcher but it still doesn't work, even after making a new nnid.

CoolMe

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
And about the updating thing, i used luma locale switcher but it still doesn't work, even after making a new nnid.
Luma Locale Switcher won't make out of region games to be updated from the eShop, if that's what you are asking. What it does it allows out of region games to work, that's it.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    S @ salazarcosplay: @Purple_Heart was a SSD worth it? Did it make a significant diference?\