FIX94

Former Staff
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
waitaminute said:
Just tried "Metroid: Other M", and the game informed me that I need an update even though I enabled "[Block Disc Updates]" from the Priiloader screen after adding it to hacks.ini. Is this to be expected? Can I safely press "OK?
Is the game asking for an update in the system menu or ingame?

waitaminute

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
It's when I open the disk channel. Instead of showing the game title screen (and return/play), it shows the "update needed" dialog with just an "OK" button.

However, I tried to launch it through NeoGamma (through HBC), and it did not ask. But it would be nice to be able to load it through the disk channel.

FIX94

Former Staff
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
waitaminute said:
It's when I open the disk channel. Instead of showing the game title screen (and return/play), it shows the "update needed" dialog with just an "OK" button.

However, I tried to launch it through NeoGamma (through HBC), and it did not ask. But it would be nice to be able to load it through the disk channel.
Try THIS hacks.ini. Simply overwrite the old one.

waitaminute

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Well, you guys officially rock!

FIX94's file worked better than the custom one I made, so now I'm able to play a "Metroid: Other M" backup from the disk channel without being nagged about updates, and I've got the HBC and all that set up.

I'm not sure how I can properly thank you all for the excellent and very patient help all along, but I will at least send a huge THANKS to all of you!

I'll hang around here some more, and try to stay more up to date on things. But there are so many games to play...
wink.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Taylor Swift death metal AI cover please lol