Homebrew Updates about nesDS...

yaketyJack

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Puerto Rico
Hello Huiminghao!

I agree, NesDS is amazing, the only problem is that it hides many pixels. Displaying on both screens would fix this problem, since we can slide the energy bars of games on to the second screen. For example, we could slide the menu of SMB3 to the bottom screen.

Suggestions:

1. It would be ideal if we could select ONLY the top pixels or the bottom pixels to display on the bottom screen, since games have the menu either on the top or bottom. If both bottom and top hidden pixels display on the bottom screen, it would look a bit messy.
2. An option to toggle on/off the display on the bottom screen.
3. I know that you said it is impossible and suggested a flicker method. Is it impossible because you don't have time or is there really no way to do it without flicker? Would donations help you to make this possible? How can we help?

I think displaying on both screens would make nesDS an unbeatable emulator. Thank you for your efforts, Huiminghao!

huiminghao

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Switzerland
badbob001 said:
Since many of my current in-progress games depend on save-states, I guess I'll wait until this is fixed. Thanks!
I tried, fail again...

WiiBricker said:
huiminghao, do you plan to improve SNEmulDS by any chance?
E... I dont think I have the time to do that... So, no plan now.

mixinluv2u said:
Is save state working fine in the current build (v0.53b)? iIt seems to work only some of the times for me, I am playing Legend of Zelda. So far I only tried activating it with touchscreen though, so I am not sure if I am not actually hitting the virtual button.... I plan on trying to setup shortcuts but just wanted to see if save state has known issues.
Sometimes the save-state files are cached i memory and not stored in your SD card. So, after you clicked the 'Save States' or 'Save SRAM', try to load another rom, then the cache will be flushed and your state files will written to your SD card.

QUOTE(Rayder @ Jul 7 2011, 09:39 AM) Been messing around with some games in 53b and found a few that are having issues:
Demon Sword - garbled backgrounds
Rad Racer II - garbled background
Dragon Ninja - fails to load
High Speed - garbled graphics
Shinobi - garbled graphics on 2nd level (common issue from what I understand)
Not complaining or anything, just a few I noticed weren't working and thought I'd mention it.

Question/request...would it be possible to make the ini file save my custom screen scaling settings? I tried setting it the way I like it and telling it to save the ini file, but it always resets the next time I boot the emulator, forcing me to have to adjust the screen scaling again. Or maybe there is some other method of saving the screen scaling settings that I'm not aware of?
Thanks for your reply, that will help me make nesds better.
nesds.ini does NOT contain the scaling values.. No way to do that now. Wait for a later version please..

QUOTE(yaketyJack @ Jul 7 2011, 10:20 AM)
I agree, NesDS is amazing, the only problem is that it hides many pixels. Displaying on both screens would fix this problem, since we can slide the energy bars of games on to the second screen. For example, we could slide the menu of SMB3 to the bottom screen.
Em... It is actually possible... I dont like it because it will cost a lot time. Maybe someday....

Rayder

Mostly lurking lately....
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
princefarzan said:
Punch out is really the only game that i think should be fixed and mario 3, most of the games that I play work fine.

Regular Punch-Out has garbled graphics, but still basically works in pure-soft mode, though there is some garbled text. Mike Tyson Punch-Out works nearly 100% in pure-soft mode. Both will have garbled graphics in either hardware mode though. At least, that's what I'm experiencing with 53b. But pure-soft mode will make them playable, especially the Mike Tyson version.

Dariusxq

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
New Version is out, thanks for fixing Freaks Out
wub.gif

Kikirini

Zelda Fangirl
Trophies
Website
kuroshouri.com
XP
Country
United States
Just downloaded the update and Legend of Zelda is working again! Thank you so much Huiminghao!

And now that I can finally play my favorite game again, I just noticed how much you cleaned up the menu. It looks gorgeous 8D

locolol

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Mexico
huiminghao said:
I tried, fail again...

i don't think you failed huiminghao
ohmy.gif

i could load my save-states from NesDS v0.53b on NesDS v0.54a without any problem
biggrin.gif

BTW: When i play RoadBlasters.nes ,the car and the power-ups look kinda' garbled, hope it gets fixed someday
smile.gif

And just so you know: Wily & Light no Rockboard - That's Paradise.nes still freezes

thank you for your NesDS updates,huiminghao ^^

Rayder

Mostly lurking lately....
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Rayder said:
Been messing around with some games in 53b and found a few that are having issues:

Demon Sword - garbled backgrounds
Rad Racer II - garbled background
Dragon Ninja - fails to load
High Speed - garbled graphics
Shinobi - garbled graphics on 2nd level (common issue from what I understand)

Not complaining or anything, just a few I noticed weren't working and thought I'd mention it.

Rad Racer II is fixed with 54a!
Shinobi works using Pure-soft mode.
May as well add Pinbot with High Speed....same issues. Somewhat playable, but garbled graphics.

Demon Sword and Dragon Ninja still have the same issues.

In the original Rad Racer, there is a bit of corruption on the sides of the road in the distance. This has always been there as far as I know and it doesn't really affect gameplay, but it's the only thing that stops the game from looking essentially perfect, so I thought I'd mention it. Not a big deal though.

I know you implemented this many revisions ago, but I must say that I really like the touchscreen menu layout. It works well and is very functional.

Keep up the great work!
yaynds.gif

JCR1

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Hi, thanks for this great emulator master huiminghao and I have 2 games that don't work, well... one.
1. Musashi no Ken, one sound channel is missing almost all time.
2. l want to play the original super mario brother 2 japan version I tried 3 versions including the .fds and 2 hacks and none works, is possible fix it? Thanks in advance!

Sir_Voe

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
JCR1 said:
l want to play the original super mario brother 2 japan version I tried 3 versions including the .fds and 2 hacks and none works, is possible fix it? Thanks in advance!

Keep looking. I think the 2nd place I searched had working fds roms, and I can confirm SM2 J works with the latest NESDS release. I believe it was said to be an issue with the headers on certain dumps when the issue came up earlier in this topic.

JCR1

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Ok, then if you tested that really works smb2 j, i will look for more versions tomorrow until i find one that can play, thanks.

D

Deleted-236924

I noticed the sound effects, like the sound that happens when you throw your sword, in Legend of Zelda work now.
Great!
smile.gif

JCR1

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Hello, I have an Dsi XL and wanted to ask if the problem of printed pixels on screen after playing more than 1 hour is due to the emulator and if it can be fixed in future reviews of the nesds and why it not happen with regular nds games? Only with homebrew or something?

WiiUBricker

News Police
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
JCR1 said:
Hello, I have an Dsi XL and wanted to ask if the problem of printed pixels on screen after playing more than 1 hour is due to the emulator and if it can be fixed in future reviews of the nesds and why it not happen with regular nds games? Only with homebrew or something?
Were you playing with a Supercard DSTwo?

JCR1

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
I'm using R4itt card and played super mario 1 for about an hour or bit more, the problem is solved with the Lcd tester(working 1 hour). But is tedious do that for each session of "long play". I read the problem is exclusive of Dsi Xl.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Nah, a hit gives them mad meth powers, but makes them more difficult to control.
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Before a hit they're like zombies, persistent but slow.
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It's a tradeoff.
    +1
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    no i mean, before a hit is after the previous hit
    +1
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    if you keep them well enough fed, it's the same thing
    +1
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    By the power of Florida Man, I have the power!!! *Lifts up meth pipe* Meth Man!!! lol
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    Guys, I just learned my little brother is in the hospital because he had a seizure last night.
  • cearp @ cearp:
    Sorry to hear that BakerMan
    +2
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    Just found out he's doing alright, doing a lot of complaining too, rightfully so. Who wouldn't complain after having a seizure and being hospitalized?
    +1
    Glad he is OK and complaining is cool :)
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Yeah been there had that no fun
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    They'll give him sleep studies eegs and possibly one week hospital stay
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    I hope it's not a week.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    It's standard so doctors can get a idea about what's going on
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    understood
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    well, i'm glad he seems to be doing fine, and ig i'm going to start spewing goofy shit again
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    Update: Turns out he's epileptic
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Get a 2nd opinion run mris etc they told me that also
    Also a food allergy study would be a good idea
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Turns out you can't sprinkle methamphetamine on McDonald's French fries
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    they wouldn't be called french fries at that point
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    Probably just meth fries