Visit site
XP
Country
Mexico
coolness said:
wow nice updates now i cannot load my save files anymore used v28 before

i cannot load my save-states from 0.52a
frown.gif

BTW: Wily & Light no Rockboard - That's Paradise.nes still freezing after my turn T___T

Kikirini

Zelda Fangirl
Trophies
Website
kuroshouri.com
XP
Country
United States
Downloaded the new version, and The Legend of Zelda stopped working.
When I select it from the file menu, I just get a black screen.
If I access the file menu after opening another game and select it from there, it'll work... sort of. It's semi playable, I've noticed some graphics are garbled and the start menu doesn't display correctly.

To be sure, I downloaded a fresh copy of the rom but experienced the same results.
frown.gif

locolol

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Mexico
master00d said:
well bucky ohare before worked not i just get a black screen!!!

QUOTE(Kikirini @ Jun 23 2011, 03:44 PM) Downloaded the new version, and The Legend of Zelda stopped working.
When I select it from the file menu, I just get a black screen.
If I access the file menu after opening another game and select it from there, it'll work... sort of. It's semi playable, I've noticed some graphics are garbled and the start menu doesn't display correctly.

To be sure, I downloaded a fresh copy of the rom but experienced the same results.
frown.gif

unsure.gif
That's weird i just loaded bucky o' hare & the legend of zelda @ nesds 0.53a and both are working flawlessly, no black screens or garbled graphics @_@

yaketyJack

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Puerto Rico
Wow, these updates are awesome, love the new menu!! More apt for finger touching, instead of stylus.

Here are some comments:

1. The save config does not work for the GAME menu settings, such as DISPLAY. Is it supposed to save those in the config?
2. An on-screen confirmation of when something is activated would be useful. Such as "Settings Saved!" after clicking on buttons. Right now buttons just blink orange but I am not sure if they did something.
3. The sound for the "finishing punch" in Battletoads is heard now, great!! However, the energy bars on top flicker when the characters are walking.
4. Super mario Bros. 3 works without the plants appearing over the tubes....yeah!!
5. Many games are still off by one pixel. For example, in Castlevania I and III, the main character is floating one pixel above ground. In Crystalis, the title screen is also one pixel above in some parts. In the SMB3 title screen, the turtles are walking one pixel above ground. Compared to pure-soft, you can see the pixel offset. Why does this happen in some games?
6. In Crystalis, the screen flickers when a text box pops up.

Hope this helps, thanks man!!

kineticUk

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Another World said:
anyone have an interest in starting a project to document the changes? i'm thinking of a wiki page that explains what the emu does, what it supports, how-to do things, etc. this isn't the simple nesds we had from loopy any longer.
I was thinking same the other day, it would be good to sort out a wiki documenting the features of this emu and explaing what options do what etc...

But reading this thread, I wonder would it be best to first better organise bug reporting here, feature requesting etc with dedicated topics for each and templates for the reports etc. Later on possibly start proper compatibility testing/list etc. Linked to the google code site or this topic on gbatemp... thoughts?

I was just thinking if something like this could be organised by us all maybe we can help the developer by sorting important stuff from non-issues or already reported bugs requests etc

Nice program and all credit to huiminghao for continued updates and development... I hope it continues to improve..
Anyway my thoughts on it, if there is anything I can do please let me know.

huiminghao

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Switzerland
yaketyJack said:
Wow, these updates are awesome, love the new menu!! More apt for finger touching, instead of stylus.
Here are some comments:
1. The save config does not work for the GAME menu settings, such as DISPLAY. Is it supposed to save those in the config?
2. An on-screen confirmation of when something is activated would be useful. Such as "Settings Saved!" after clicking on buttons. Right now buttons just blink orange but I am not sure if they did something.
3. The sound for the "finishing punch" in Battletoads is heard now, great!! However, the energy bars on top flicker when the characters are walking.
4. Super mario Bros. 3 works without the plants appearing over the tubes....yeah!!
5. Many games are still off by one pixel. For example, in Castlevania I and III, the main character is floating one pixel above ground. In Crystalis, the title screen is also one pixel above in some parts. In the SMB3 title screen, the turtles are walking one pixel above ground. Compared to pure-soft, you can see the pixel offset. Why does this happen in some games?
6. In Crystalis, the screen flickers when a text box pops up.
Hope this helps, thanks man!!
1. The scaling values are not saved in nesDS.ini. Same to 'Frame-Skip'. I dont think they are necessary.
2. I will add some info to 'Save nesDS.ini' later.
3. You can try to scale the display. The flicker value... that should be changed I think...
5. e... Maybe I did something wrong.... 'Sprites Perframe' is special, which will lay all the sprites higher.
6. A lot of game would flicker due to the inaccuracy of emulation. I can not do much to that.

I'd like the wiki thing, it will help the newers to nesDS(EX).
I wish I can get more bug info, then I can make a better nesDS~~!
laugh.gif
Keeping using it~~

Another World

Emulate the Planet!
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
wiki.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Colombia
kineticUK said:
But reading this thread, I wonder would it be best to first better organise bug reporting here, feature requesting etc with dedicated topics for each and templates for the reports etc. Later on possibly start proper compatibility testing/list etc. Linked to the google code site or this topic on gbatemp... thoughts?

i think a wiki manual is the best way to go right now. we need to document what the program does and how it does it. there have been many changes and a lot of the tips & tricks are buried in this thread. getting them all into one place so people know how to do things will save us from having to answer the same question over and over.

after that point a full project site that helps to track bugs and compatibility could be started. compatibility testing for an emu like this will take months. when i wrote the nesds list it took me 4 months and i couldn't find anyone interested in helping. i think a manual would be much easier to get help completing.

anyone want to take the initiative and set up the wiki page so we can get to editing/adding/etc?

-another world

D

Deleted-236924

yaketyJack said:
SP-Pertile is the way to go.

avenir

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi there,

I tried nesdswrap today. Then I noticed nesDS is unstable on devkitARM r33. I needed to recompile it on devkitARM r32.

cremorecs

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This has probably been addressed and buried somewhere in the topic, but how do you save your game with nesds? Is it possible to create save states?
Also, is there a way to return to the file list from inside the game?

Bunch of noob questions.. thanks in advance.

Dann Woolf

Deadpan Snarker
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Open the menu, touch File, you'll see options for saving SRAM, loading and saving save states, and loading a new ROM.

You're welcome, mufugga.

cremorecs

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Okay, another dumb question probably. Not really sure how to open menu.
I'm running the .nds through ttmenu and all I get the card's directory when I run it.

huiminghao

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Switzerland
cremorecs said:
Okay, another dumb question probably. Not really sure how to open menu.
I'm running the .nds through ttmenu and all I get the card's directory when I run it.
...You won't be able to open a menu until you load a rom file. You need to select a rom file named "xxx.nes" or "xxx.fds". When the game starts, touch the sub-screen to active the menu.

QUOTE(Eity @ Jun 30 2011, 07:58 AM) Can you please fix Kyatto Ninden Teyandee? All background in it is just black.
Did you mean 'Ninja cat'? It runs well on my DS, you could try downloading it from another website.

Kikirini

Zelda Fangirl
Trophies
Website
kuroshouri.com
XP
Country
United States
I can't figure out what happened to cause my LoZ rom to break. I try to start it up in the NesDS menu and get a black screen. Start+Select, open another game, then do the same to open LoZ. Only then will it play, and it has garbled graphics.

I've tried downloading a rom from a few different sites, tried downgrading NesDS to when it was working, deleting my sav, all without any luck.

Any ideas on what I can do to fix it? DX

huiminghao

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Switzerland
Kikirini said:
I can't figure out what happened to cause my LoZ rom to break. I try to start it up in the NesDS menu and get a black screen. Start+Select, open another game, then do the same to open LoZ. Only then will it play, and it has garbled graphics.

I've tried downloading a rom from a few different sites, tried downgrading NesDS to when it was working, deleting my sav, all without any luck.

Any ideas on what I can do to fix it? DX
What is 'LoZ'? Legend of Zelda?
I & II work well on my iDSL with R4SDHC. The fds ones work well too, but the saving is not supported now.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Back when I was playing kakarot I looked up one little guide now all I see is dbz stuff