Former Staff
Trophies
Website
wiki.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Colombia
iSpoiler said:
Is there anyway to run the firmware update without another DS. Either that or I wait till the end of the semester when I go home from college on break.

no, there is not. the firmware update is a .nds file and must be executed from within the kernel on the flash kit. shouldn't it be rather easy to find someone at college with a ds lite? you'll only need to borrow it and/or use it for 10 seconds.

-another world

iSpoiler

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Another World said:
iSpoiler said:
Is there anyway to run the firmware update without another DS. Either that or I wait till the end of the semester when I go home from college on break.

no, there is not. the firmware update is a .nds file and must be executed from within the kernel on the flash kit. shouldn't it be rather easy to find someone at college with a ds lite? you'll only need to borrow it and/or use it for 10 seconds.

-another world

I think I'm gunna buy a used DS Lite do the update and them return it then. No lies all of my friends here are either all about being at the beach or playing golf.

MrOldboy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is there a current guide to updating the acekard 2i? The thread title led me to believe there would be one here. Or if there is one here I am missing?

Kalisiin

Trophies
Website
www.kalisiin.com
XP
Country
United States
Maybe I'm stupid, but I see no guide. all I see is a place to download the file and a changelog...I do not see any guide, text or pix, what gives?

QUOTE(Another World @ Sep 6 2011, 04:27 PM)

QUOTE(iSpoiler @ Sep 5 2011, 05:35 PM)

-another world

I think I'm gunna buy a used DS Lite do the update and them return it then. No lies all of my friends here are either all about being at the beach or playing golf.

I'd be willing to help you out, I HAVE a DS Lite...but in exchange I want step-by-step instructions...It has been WAY too long since I tried this.

Gvaz

Trophies
Website
gvaz.notsleepytime.org
XP
Country
United States
1. If I currently own a DSi XL with 1.4.1 and updated AK2i that works fine right now, can I upgrade the card to be suitable with DSi/3DS on my XL then update my DSi?
2. Where the heck do I download compiled cheat databases since the gbatemp cheat database is down?

jimmyemunoz

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
1. If I currently own a DSi XL with 1.4.1 and updated AK2i that works fine right now, can I upgrade the card to be suitable with DSi/3DS on my XL then update my DSi?
2. Where the heck do I download compiled cheat databases since the gbatemp cheat database is down?
Go and download DS-Scene Rom Tool and it automatically gets all updates to the cheat database every time you start it.

B2K24

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just received 2 acekard2i's from realhotstuff.com
I have access to 1 ds lite and 1 dsi XL. Can someone tell me how to get started? The guide has no pictures on first page.

HunterH

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Noob question here.

Just ordered a Acekard 2i for my DSi and it will be my first flash cart. How much space should I typically leave on my microSD card for game saves? I'm most likely going to get a 32GB one anyways; or is it more ideal to use a few smaller 8GB or two 16GB cards in terms of performance?

Greatly appreciate some advice.

koolking97

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Noob question here.

Just ordered a Acekard 2i for my DSi and it will be my first flash cart. How much space should I typically leave on my microSD card for game saves? I'm most likely going to get a 32GB one anyways; or is it more ideal to use a few smaller 8GB or two 16GB cards in terms of performance?

save files are very same and take little space id say 1-2 gb at MAX for saves in terms of performance the size has nothing to do with it ,the micro sd card speed class does

AceWarhead

"Must Construct Additional Pylons"
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Noob question here.

4GB should be enough. Saves depend on how many games you have on your card.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    NinStar @ NinStar: unless nintendo is going to start selling consoles at a loss that thing won't be cheap based on...