Hacking Updated n00b guide to setting up your Acekard

The Rookie

Trophies
XP
Country
Now, I'm new to all the Acekard scene, and I'm very, uh, noobish.

O.K, I have an AK2i, done the update that changes the symbol to, um, Danny Phantom (that's so terribly absurd. I sounded horribly stupid just then, didn't I) and the DSi (which I own) is 1.4A firmware. I want to change to AKAIO, as I started with the general Acekard system, but I want to bypass some AP on the Zelda: Spirit Tracks (mostly because of two things: I can't patch and have no idea how
tongue.gif
), and AKAIO is clearly a better option. However, if I change to AKAIO, will the 'changes the Acekard symbol to Danny Phantom to cover it up form Nintendo' update still apply? More importantly, if it doesn't, will I need a second DS with 1.3 or less firmware?

Thanks, the Rookie.

exangel

executioner angel
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The Rookie said:

O.K, I have an AK2i, done the update that changes the symbol to, um, Danny Phantom (that's so terribly absurd. I sounded horribly stupid just then, didn't I) and the DSi (which I own) is 1.4A firmware. I want to change to AKAIO, as I started with the general Acekard system, but I want to bypass some AP on the Zelda: Spirit Tracks (mostly because of two things: I can't patch and have no idea how
tongue.gif
), and AKAIO is clearly a better option. However, if I change to AKAIO, will the 'changes the Acekard symbol to Danny Phantom to cover it up form Nintendo' update still apply? More importantly, if it doesn't, will I need a second DS with 1.3 or less firmware?

Thanks, the Rookie.

AKAIO is completely seperate from the cartridge firmware update that changed the AK2i logo to Danny. You're safe to switch!

The Rookie

Trophies
XP
Country
exangel said:
The Rookie said:

tongue.gif

Thanks, the Rookie.

AKAIO is completely seperate from the cartridge firmware update that changed the AK2i logo to Danny. You're safe to switch!

Cool, thanks for that exangel. I'll just scroll through the first post and change to AKAIO.

BTW do I keep the akmenu4nds and replace the loader with AKAIO?

(Gah! Another) BTW will the newest AKAIO, the 1.6 that I've got now, bypass the Spirit Tracks AP?

Um, O.K, I have the aio_ folder and the akmenu4nds in the Root Directory, but now it's glitching whenever I attempt to use it. The AK doesn't have a background and I can't use the start button or it freezes. Have I done something wrong? Do I need to load something first?

EDIT again: I might have figured it out. Another edit will be put in if I need anymore help. Anyways, thanks!

ANOTHER EDIT: YES it worked. Thanks guys. After three crashes, two broken ROMS and a failed Blue Screen, I've finally gotten AKAIO to work. I figured it out, I mean, why it didn't work. I had five different menu files, and all of them coming together caused it to crash.

Thanks, the Rookie.

missflora

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
As I just finished setting up my Acekard 2i for my sister, here's a side-tip for those who don't seem to be able to load the Acekard even though all files are in the right folder. You will have to "approve" update the firmware 1.4 for DSi through a DS Lite (or another external device that I don't know....). So what you do is simply insert the Acekard into a DS Lite and load it like normal --> select update --> after update, reinsert back to DSi. You should see the right icon from there on....Hope it helps to those who don't seem to get the right screen!
smile.gif

(Sorry if this was posted earlier on, just want to re-emphasized it in a simpler manner.)

tk_saturn

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Install the latest AKAIO 1.6RC2, but don't update anything other than the cheats.

The AK2LOADER you get from the Acekard official software, but there are only 2-3 (Savvy Style is one of them) games that need it and even then they still don't work properly. It's just a fallback and isn't really needed, those games will be fixed in the next AKAIO release anyway.

Some people often suggest it when a game doesn't work, so I added it to the guide so people knew how to do it.

tk_saturn

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Before anyone posts it, I know the the links to akaio no longer work from where the've changed their locations. It hasn't been updated because of the disabled anchor tags.

naruses

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Tk_Saturn, when you have time try to update the guide so that it has all the stuff about AKAIO 1.7.Cause it released today.

And, Wonderful Guide keep the Work
grog.gif

tk_saturn

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I've updated the links for 1.7, but it means all the anchors have gone as Costello disabled them. When I get round to i'll split the contacts and updating sections to their own posts so they can still be directly linked to it.

ShaneGrape

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I was a bit confused about the DSi XL insertion trick mentioned in the guide, but here is how I did it: insert the card normally, then highlight the Danny Phantom icon on the DSi menu screen, then slowly slide the card out until the Danny Phantom icon disappears, then gently slide it back *just enough* to make the Danny Phantom icon re-appear. This worked!

Thank you!

YKProductions

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hi, this guide has helped me a lot, but it still seems like I need help. When I boot up my Acekard I do not have the Danny Phantom thing and I get an error message telling me to turn off my DSi, so I put the two files ak2ifw_update_14_DSi_new.nds and ak2ifw_update_14_DSL_new.nds into my boot directory. Now how the hell am I supposed to run these updates when I'm getting that dumb error message? The error message says "An error has occurred. Press and hold the Power Button to turn the system off. Please see the Nintendo DSi Operations Manual for help troubleshooting". I just don't get it.

EDIT: Will I need to grab someones DS Lite, put the Acekard into the slot, and than update the DS Lite? Will this make the Acekard work?

jurassicplayer

Completionist Themer
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
YKProductions said:
Hi, this guide has helped me a lot, but it still seems like I need help. When I boot up my Acekard I do not have the Danny Phantom thing and I get an error message telling me to turn off my DSi, so I put the two files ak2ifw_update_14_DSi_new.nds and ak2ifw_update_14_DSL_new.nds into my boot directory. Now how the hell am I supposed to run these updates when I'm getting that dumb error message? The error message says "An error has occurred. Press and hold the Power Button to turn the system off. Please see the Nintendo DSi Operations Manual for help troubleshooting". I just don't get it.

EDIT: Will I need to grab someones DS Lite, put the Acekard into the slot, and than update the DS Lite? Will this make the Acekard work?
o.0 That solution you answered is exactly what it says on the guide...and yes the guide is correct.

YKProductions

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
jurassicplayer said:
YKProductions said:

o.0 That solution you answered is exactly what it says on the guide...and yes the guide is correct.

Oh, ok. I was just confused, I somehow missed the part about having to get a DS Lite first. So I'll try to get in touch with my friend, update it with his DS Lite and than hopefully it should work.

sk8mystery23

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I seem to be having trouble updating the loaders and cheats through the wifi update. Can I use my advanced wifi settings? Like my XL is connected to my wireless through WPA but when I use the wifi updates it just errors. Is this normal?

Hakoda

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
sk8mystery23 said:
I seem to be having trouble updating the loaders and cheats through the wifi update. Can I use my advanced wifi settings? Like my XL is connected to my wireless through WPA but when I use the wifi updates it just errors. Is this normal?
That your problem right there. Since the AK2i is not a card which runs in DSi Mode, WPA security is not supported every time you use your AK2i. So games, homebrew, and loader updates will all fail if your DSi is connected to the internet on WPA security. Switch your router to WEP security and everything will be good.

I'm not sure about this part but connect to your router using a DS game, not the DSi system menu. That may or may not make a difference, not sure.

sk8mystery23

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yea that's what I thought. I'd rather update manually then open my router up with WEP settings. I was led to believe it would work because in the first post he said I could set up the connection through the DSi advanced system settings but he meant that the settings were more advanced not to use the advanced internet settings.

Man18

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have a piece of card stock (business card material) taped onto the back im sure that the tape has caused a little 2 much thickness so its an extremely tight fit. i guess i suggest you keep putting layers of tape over it instead of paper

EDIT/UPDATE

I Used Duct tape and it works perfectly boots every time

HNI_0057.JPG

and more importantly it can pull out easily as well

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Lesbians invented babies +2