XP
Country
United States
It's Official: The M3 Team wrote this in response to my email:

"Hello Keith,
We are aware of the problem and we are working on testing and solving
this issue. Once we have figured out what the conflict is and a
solution we will then release the updates to the public."

Sounds pretty generic but the key points are being aware and working on the problem. The fact that they weren't the least bit surprised about the issue usually indicates a fix sooner rather than later.

Again, we owe Cory1492 for finding the easy work-around and now the original problem is in M3's hands.

Azam7

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I need some expert help, new to DS here. I bought M3 real with 2GB for my DS and copied system files on the root of the card and created the NDS folder for the games with some games in it for testing, I don't get the boot menu, it shows the normal DS screen with pictochat and other sh*t with the note saying NO DS Card installed. Do I have to go another step (i.e. flash) before I can boot from the ds card? If no, what am I missing? If yes, what is flash and how do I get this done? please advise if u can (azam7 at yahoo.com)

Kizmatti

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Re insert the M3 real into the DS, its not making contact, so the ds doesnt even recognize that the card has been inserted.

i had this problem with my m3 simply before just re insert the card, and turn the ds back on again

Make sure the contacts on the card are clean

You dont need to flash your DS when using ANY slot 1 card

Azam7

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Did everything, blowed air on it, cleaned the contacts, etc, nothing it si not going into M3 menu, it is on Ds menu saying no ds card found

Lumstar

Princess
Trophies
Website
eonhack.blogspot.com
XP
Country
United States
I thought the maximum size for a FAT16 partition is 4GB? You'd likely need FAT32 support for any larger card to be worthwhile. This goes for ALL flash carts with removable memory BTW, slot 1 or slot 2. Regardless of brand.

Kizmatti

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i would then try formating the card in fat32 as the claw suggests, and putting the files back onto the card

Im using a 4 gig and have it formated in fat32 and it works fine

i also have a 2 gig sandisk formated in fat 32 which works as well

kafworld

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ive had the same problem with multiple M3 DS Simply cards. I just unscrew the back, pull the two halves apart, blow around in there and join two halves back together. I know it's simple and wouldn't seem like it would help but give it a shot. Also, more than likely it's not the M3 that is having trouble making the connection but the mem card itself. When you pull the two halves of the card apart push the mem card in and out of its slot a few times in order to make sure it seats properly. If that doesn't answer your question let me know. Ive gotten to know the M3DS Simply very well. I love that card and hope the M3Real proves to be the next great card.

onneeye

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I've had the same problem with my M3 DS Simply cards. I would loose contact. I just unscrew the back, pull the two halves apart and stuck a piece of paper behind the contact and never had a problem since. My the 1st editon of the m3 simply and never had a spring problem. It's over a year old.

Azam7

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
formatted with Fat32, no change, stilll getting the DS pictochat/download play default screen. Do I have to do anything for flashing? Do I have to press any button while starting?

Azam7

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Thanks guys, it's fixed...what a team!!!
Anyhow I opened the 2 halves of m3 real, and put it back and it started working, so defintely bad contacts. Now I cannot get the locks to snap close, will I be able to buy a replacement case for slot 1 m3 real?
Thanks again

kafworld

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Putting the two halves back together can be frustrating but keep at it and they should snap back. Otherwise, Scotch tape will have to do. Ive noticed the new M3DS Real fits much more snugly into Slot 1 than M3DS Simply and Ive already had contact issues with it. I just keep at it and eventually it will read the card.

On another note, with regards to my original post about the game limit in the NDS folder, the new firmware 2.6 did not fix this issue. The changelog doesn't mention that it did but just in case I tested again by placing first 60 then 75 games in NDS folder and they still won't play. Cory1492's individual folder creation work-around accessed through "My Card" in the GM Manager menu is still the only way to access and play more than approx 50-50 NDS games on the M3DS Real at the moment.

gamesclub15

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
wow 160 games?
you think you can put more then 160 games?

and i have questein

will this sdhc cards will work for me in ms real ds?:
PhotoFast TransFlash/microSD HC 6GB Class 4
Sandisk TransFlash/microSD HC 6GB

so they will work?

tstein

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
FYI, I ran into the same problem as kafworld with a 4GB A-Data card. I used the same instructions from Cory and it fixed the problem for me.

Thanks

Deletable_Man

Old Man
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just thought I would update this thread with regards to kafworld. I got my M3DS Real and I have a 4gb card. Currently I have exactly 61 NDS games in the NDS folder and they load just fine through that function. So there doesnt seem to be a limit as far "50-60" roms for the M3 itself. It seems moreso its a compatibility issue between the m3 and 6gb cards. I still have 1.3gb free on my 4gb card so as soon as I find some worthy games I will be able to see if it will hold even more.
tongue.gif

kafworld

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just a quick head's up that the M3 Team did respond to my problem saying they were aware of the limitations regarding the amount of games that can be stored in the NDS folder before encountering problems. It has nothing whatsoever to do with 6GB SDHC cards specifically. It is a problem with the M3DS Real and an update will be forthcoming. If anyone has been to their official website it notes that the M3-R is compatible with SDHC cards up to 32GB and beyond.

As stated many times above, Cory1492's work-around is the only solution if you want to stuff your M3-R with NDS games. Actually, I found games load even faster when placed in folders separate from the NDS one and accessed through "My Card." I might have mentioned that before.

kafworld

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Man, I hate being right! I just got word from the M3 Team that the first batch of M3-Reals were defective and were assembled incorrectly at the factory. "This problem will be corrected in the next shipment" according to M3. man, that blows. Guess is sux being an early adopter. Hopefully, my supplier will appreciate the circumstances.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kaQqCfuxKoE