Hacking [Update] R4i Gold 3DS [and DSTWO] firmware update to support 6.1.0-X RELEASED

Pong20302000

making notes on everything
Trophies
Website
3dsdb.com
XP
Country
I realized that the cards upgradeable, has a white mark
the left side of the board.
As shown in the photo.

Cards that do not have this marking, are the cards that can not be updated.
Maybe other hardware difference is not visible.

Anyway, I contacted the R4iGold Team and await a response.

what would be great would be to take a picture off all the different types you can find and also take a picture of what game it displays as when inserted

Jayro

MediCat USB Dev
Developer
Trophies
Website
ko-fi.com
XP
Country
United States
I'm curious to see if this new hardware revision is updatable in the future, or if this is just a placeholder so they have time to roll-out a FULLY UPDATABLE CARD, without leaving several thousand customers fucked-over.

samurayjp

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
what would be great would be to take a picture off all the different types you can find and also take a picture of what game it displays as when inserted

It is a card that works perfectly in version 5.1 + Purchased and received this year.
But it is impossible to update it par 6.0.
I believe it is the same hardware bug 4.4.

Here is the icon image:

dlwz.jpg

samurayjp

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
i had one with that icon
updated fine

This is the problem.

All cards shown here has the same icon.
But only the cards that have the white mark on the board (as pictured above), can
be updated.

Others do not.

Therefore I believe that is the same hardware that had the Bug 4.4 last year.
And somehow, managed to upgrade the factory to 5.1.

If this is true, the R4i Team sold cards knowing that they could not be updated in the future.

Pong20302000

Trophies
Website
3dsdb.com
XP
Country
This is the problem.

But only the cards that have the white mark on the board (as pictured above), can
be updated.

Others do not.

If this is true, the R4i Team sold cards knowing that they could not be updated in the future.

interesting

both mine do indeed have the white marks on them

Rydian

Resident Furvert™
Trophies
Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
Website
rydian.net
XP
Country
United States
I'm curious to see if this new hardware revision is updatable in the future, or if this is just a placeholder so they have time to roll-out a FULLY UPDATABLE CARD, without leaving several thousand customers fucked-over.
They're not going to do something like the DSTwo, because that would cost more for them to make. This is not the first time the r4ids.cn cart has been blocked (we're on model C because they ran out of single-digit numbers), they didn't do it 5 times before and they're not going to do it now.

GoldenSun3DS

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This is the problem.

be updated.

Others do not.

Or, after realizing that the cards couldn't be updated, they started putting the white dots on the newer ones so people could tell which were older ones and which were newer ones.

GoldenSun3DS

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Pokemon Black/White 2 and Golden Sun Dark Dawn don't work anymore in my R4i Gold 3DS RTS after updating to 6.0.0-11U.
I tried going back to Wood 1.57 (the one I was on before the update), but then ALL of the games (and homebrew) stopped working, so I went back to Wood 1.60 (the newest 1.60).

EDIT: I reformatted my MicroSD back to FAT, and now it works fine.

torch2424

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Pokemon Black/White 2 and Golden Sun Dark Dawn don't work anymore in my R4i Gold 3DS RTS after updating to 6.0.0-11U.
I tried going back to Wood 1.57 (the one I was on before the update), but then ALL of the games (and homebrew) stopped working, so I went back to Wood 1.60 (the newest 1.60).

I had the same problem, try formatting your sd card to fat 16 instead of 32

Also, I've been reading this thread for a while for answer to updating my r4i gold RTS rev C with dorasu icon for a while now. I also contacted r4ids.cn for an answer, so hopefully we figure this out soon guys!

blueflash

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
My card was update for 5.011 and had dark labrinth icon

Yesterday tried updating on old phat DS and got card fail
Today redownloaded wood and patch and tried DSlite it updated straight away

maybe first patch corrupt or theyve updated patch or DS lite better for patching

sp00ge

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just wanted to comment that I just updated my r4i3DS with the newest patch, bit the bullet and upgraded my 3DSXL to 6.0.0-11U and it works perfectly fine. I didn't cut the line either, I figured I'd try it out before and it still worked for me.

Mine is a Rev C (Non-RTS), with the Konami Digital Entertainment icon and does NOT have the white dot on the board.

I skimmed through and saw that some others have emailed about the need for cut the line, but has anyone heard back as to why?

Pong20302000

Trophies
Website
3dsdb.com
XP
Country
I just wanted to comment that I just updated my r4i3DS with the newest patch, bit the bullet and upgraded my 3DSXL to 6.0.0-11U and it works perfectly fine. I didn't cut the line either, I figured I'd try it out before and it still worked for me.

Mine is a Rev C (Non-RTS), with the Konami Digital Entertainment icon and does NOT have the white dot on the board.

I skimmed through and saw that some others have emailed about the need for cut the line, but has anyone heard back as to why?

the team is not awake at the moment i believe
they normally are offline for another 6 hours
then im sure they will offer us more information

what system and version did you update your card on btw?
just out of curiosity

sp00ge

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
the team is not awake at the moment i believe
they normally are offline for another 6 hours
then im sure they will offer us more information

what system and version did you update your card on btw?
just out of curiosity

3DS XL (Blue Mario Kart version, if that matters) with 4.5.0-10.

Harsky

Madmin
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Not sure if I can contribute to this topic but here goes. I was given money by a friend to order an R4i card for his daughter so I ordered from Zhuzhuchina 3 weeks ago and it arrived this week. Out of boredom, I decided to take them apart. Here's a picture:
8iZJDLU.jpg

The top one is a NON-RTS R4i which I bought from a website I forgot. It's got a revision C PCB, no white dot but I can only manage to get the "smiling man Dorasu" logo loaded on it.

The bottom one is the RTS R4i which I bought from ZhuZhuchina. It's also revision C, BUT it has the white dot. It's got the Konami logo before the 6.0 update came out and the 6.0 patch loaded successfully on it... unfortunately I'm too much of a wuss to grab my stanley knife and cut the trace. Sometimes I wonder if it's worth it just to play DS games on my 3DS.

Ricardo Toddy

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
Brazil
Hi Guys... This is my first post here.. whatever i'm sorry for my english.. i'm Brazilian

I have one R4i Gold RTS Revision C, but i NEVER can update this for my 3ds. Always says: Fail , in Patch.
My R4 have Dorasu Icon, I really need help. i tried all patchs and not work

Bellow i post , images for my R4 and his chip and Patchs..

Thanks and Sorry for my english, i'm brazilian

R4:http://i.imgur.com/lIFwegA.jpg

R4 Chip [Not have a blank ball]: http://i.imgur.com/GLU1kZa.jpg

Icon for my R4 "Dorasu" http://i.imgur.com/O67La3F.jpg

Patchs i used: http://i.imgur.com/OUDrdbo.png

And Always get this Message from Patch: [Nintendo DS LITE]:http://i.imgur.com/TYTC6zz.jpg?1

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan
    The snack that smiles back, Ballsack!
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: @salazarcosplay yeah cod's still up