Homebrew Update 11.7 and Homebrew

Julian-GBT

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Try it again through Recovery Mode.
  • If if fails then and there, really consider using a different Internet source.
  • If update does not work at home but at the other place, you got some modem or router troubleshooting to do later. (ie, Firewall, Shaw pulling a fast one)
  • If update still fails at a secondary Internet, consider backing up game saves with Checkpoint/JKSM, your entire SD card, and current v11.6 NAND. Do a safe SysNAND restore in GodMode9 (not with the current NAND.bin you made but the one you should have made when you first installed CFW).
The third bulletin is to check if updating to v11.7 is possible with a known working, pristine NAND image. If it works, try SysNAND restoring your v11.6 NAND and try updating again to v11.7. Should the update fail yet again, you're left with the awful option of going back to original NAND > update to v11.7 > reinstall all your games & restore game saves with the save manager.

edit - opps, here's info on teh Recovery mode : for bottom combo . https://www.3dbrew.org/wiki/Recovery_Mode
Still, nothing. And here is the update title image from FBI (seperate because of Luma3DS's splitting screen images process):

Attachments

• 2018-07-06_07-59-25.682_bot.bmp
    225.1 KB · Views: 3
  • 2018-07-06_07-59-25.682_top.bmp
    281.3 KB · Views: 3
Last edited by Julian-GBT,
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Still, nothing. And here is the update title image from FBI (seperate because of Luma3DS's splitting screen images process):

Health_Safety.png

That's your Health & Safety system application for an old 3DS.

https://www.3dbrew.org/wiki/Title_list#00040010_-_System_Applications

Do you have something GodMode9 injected there like FBI ?

Kwyjor

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
To be clear: since udsploit was patched in 11.4, there's actually no way to run SafeBS9Installer from ninjhax/freakyhax/oot3dhax/stickerhax under newer firmware versions, is there?

Julian-GBT

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Health_Safety.png

That's your Health & Safety system application for an old 3DS.

https://www.3dbrew.org/wiki/Title_list#00040010_-_System_Applications

Do you have something GodMode9 injected there like FBI ?
No. But I did set the EULA to vFF.FF so the Luma3DS plugin-loader I used could get more games. So, I think the way to get the updates is to change the EULA back to v01.03.

EDIT: S T I L L N O T H I N G . So I might need to somehow get a Health and Safety Information CIA for 11.7.0 [built legit using the actual Health and Safety Information app from an Old 3DS XL in FW 11.7, for compatibility reasons] and install it to NAND in order for the update to work.

Last edited by Julian-GBT,
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No. But I did set the EULA to vFF.FF so the Luma3DS plugin-loader I used could get more games. So, I think the way to get the updates is to change the EULA back to v01.03.

EDIT: S T I L L N O T H I N G . So I might need to somehow get a Health and Safety Information CIA for 11.7.0 [built legit using the actual Health and Safety Information app from an Old 3DS XL in FW 11.7, for compatibility reasons] and install it to NAND in order for the update to work.

If no old 3DS/2DS friend can dump her or his Health & Safety cia, there's 3DNUS.

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It tries to write to a file, but always ends up with a 0xD8E0806A error when it reaches 0004001000021300.cia.

I downloaded the 11.7.0-40U 3DNUS package, and found the 0004001000021300.cia is encrypted in GodMode9. Try decrypting it first and then installing it through FBI.

Edit - Make sure after you install it on FBI, go back on GodMode9.

For SysNAND

Go to directory [1:] SYSNAND CTRNAND/title/00040010/00021300/content/
Select the two .app files, NCCH image options... , Encrypt file (...) , Encrypt inplace

* It might be a single .app for old Health & Safety.

Edit 2 - You might have to download the old version package for your current open firmware, install that specific Health & Safety, and then do a normal Nintendo update.

Last edited by TurdPooCharger,

smeargul

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I tried using freakyhax for 11.7 with all of the files from 11.6 except for the otherapp.bin file. I changed the otherapp.bin 11.6 to otherapp.bin (old) 11.7.0.40U. When the game reads the QR code, the homebrew boots up and the bottom screen turns yellow and freezes. Sometimes the homebrew would successfully boot but any time I tried to access the applications within, the screen turns black and the bottom screen turns yellow. Is there a way for it to run?

edit; just tried and it worked, seems to work at random.

Last edited by smeargul,

Kwyjor

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
edit; just tried and it worked, seems to work at random.
I have the impression that none of these exploits will work 100% of the time.

any time I tried to access the applications within, the screen turns black and the bottom screen turns yellow.
Which applications are you trying to run? Some applications might need to "take over" a target application on your 3DS in order to avoid running out of memory; this functionality is specified in an .xml file with the same name as the .3dsx file. For instance, here's one for mGBA:
https://twitter.com/mgba_emu/status/941011779806576640?lang=en

I'm not entirely clear what exactly "taking over" does. It seems it used to be popular to specify the Youtube app as a target. (At least it doesn't have any particularly valuable save data.)

Julian-GBT

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I downloaded the 11.7.0-40U 3DNUS package, and found the 0004001000021300.cia is encrypted in GodMode9. Try decrypting it first and then installing it through FBI.

Edit - Make sure after you install it on FBI, go back on GodMode9.

For SysNAND

Go to directory [1:] SYSNAND CTRNAND/title/00040010/00021300/content/
Select the two .app files, NCCH image options... , Encrypt file (...) , Encrypt inplace

* It might be a single .app for old Health & Safety.

Edit 2 - You might have to download the old version package for your current open firmware, install that specific Health & Safety, and then do a normal Nintendo update.
One is "00000005.app", and it's undeleteable, and can't be encrypted.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Finally! The system update pushed through to my 3DS!

Reactions: TurdPooCharger
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
One is "00000005.app", and it's undeleteable, and can't be encrypted.

Are you using Luma3DS v9.0 , GodMode9 v1.6.3 , and boot9strap v1.3 ?

I went back to read your posts on this thread, and I don't think you mentioned anything about your CFW setup other than EmuNAND.

In case you're using arm9loaderhax (a9lh) and something like Luma3DS v7.0.5, update to B9S:

(After you've checked what CFW you're using)
When you obtain 0004001000021300.cia, you decrypt it first in GodMode9. This will allow FBI to overwrite and install a fresh copy of Health & Safety. Afterwards, you go back on GodMode9 and encrypt that 00000005.app (don't delete). You should see Health & Safety banner at HOME Menu and be able to launch it.

If it doesn't work, your other options at this point is doing a SysNAND restore or CTRtransfer. You may need to backup your game saves and extdata with Checkpoint or JKSM before doing this will probably require reinstalling all your games again.

Edit - Okay! Well, congrats. You were a hard case to crack. :grog:

Reactions: hoodhippo

hoodhippo

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.sciencedaily.com
XP
Country
United States
What hack work in 3ds 11.7.0.40U and how
There are three different methods of installing boot9strap using DSiWare on 11.7.0.

The first method, Seedminer, requires a PC with a powerful graphics card. There is an online helping service for Seedminer if you do not have access to such a PC. The two other methods require a system transfer from a hacked 3DS.

The Seedminer method only requires a cheap DSiWare game, available from the eShop. Additionally, access to CFW or the Homebrew Launcher is needed for extracting your 3DS’ movable_part1.sed file, and a PC with a powerful graphics card is needed for bruteforcing the movable_part1.sed file into a movable.sed file. The online Seedminer helper service can automatically do these things for you if you do not have access to them.

The method uses a series of oversights in the 3DS’ security, detailed here.

The latter two methods require two devices. One 3DS (or 2DS) must be running boot9strap and is referred to as the source 3DS, while the other 3DS (or 2DS) is on stock 11.7.0 and referred to as the target 3DS.

Both of these methods will assume that the 3DS running custom firmware is using boot9strap and has completed this guide. While it is possible to do these methods with some other kind of custom firmware, that is out of the scope of this guide.

Both of these methods use a combination of the “FIRM partitions known-plaintext” exploit detailed here, and an oversight that allows DSiWare titles to read and write to anywhere in encrypted NAND.

Both of these methods require you to System Transfer from a CFW 3DS to a stock 3DS as part of the steps. System Transfers will work in the following directions only:

got this info from 3ds.hack.guide

lone_wolf323

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
There are three different methods of installing boot9strap using DSiWare on 11.7.0.

The first method, Seedminer, requires a PC with a powerful graphics card. There is an online helping service for Seedminer if you do not have access to such a PC. The two other methods require a system transfer from a hacked 3DS.

The Seedminer method only requires a cheap DSiWare game, available from the eShop. Additionally, access to CFW or the Homebrew Launcher is needed for extracting your 3DS’ movable_part1.sed file, and a PC with a powerful graphics card is needed for bruteforcing the movable_part1.sed file into a movable.sed file. The online Seedminer helper service can automatically do these things for you if you do not have access to them.

The method uses a series of oversights in the 3DS’ security, detailed here.

The latter two methods require two devices. One 3DS (or 2DS) must be running boot9strap and is referred to as the source 3DS, while the other 3DS (or 2DS) is on stock 11.7.0 and referred to as the target 3DS.

Both of these methods will assume that the 3DS running custom firmware is using boot9strap and has completed this guide. While it is possible to do these methods with some other kind of custom firmware, that is out of the scope of this guide.

Both of these methods use a combination of the “FIRM partitions known-plaintext” exploit detailed here, and an oversight that allows DSiWare titles to read and write to anywhere in encrypted NAND.

Both of these methods require you to System Transfer from a CFW 3DS to a stock 3DS as part of the steps. System Transfers will work in the following directions only:

got this info from 3ds.hack.guide
There is also a whole thread here https://gbatemp.net/threads/seedminer-fc-and-mining-help.496114/ if they dont wanna use discord.

Reactions: hoodhippo

Cap_Falcon

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Costa Rica
Hello Everyone! I tried to update the RPwnG hax to 11.7 ver. But when i start it, looks like is working and then it frezzes at gray screen... Any tip?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Yeah but I'd tie him up in the females bathroom